$863,333$863,333
LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW, C
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000 (Performance Bonus$200,000$200K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$912,500$912,500
LD
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000 ($175,000$175K$175,000$175K)
C
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 28, 2022 at 10:37 p.m.
Unlikely. Seems like they have Ruzicka with Backlund and Coleman

Dube and Mangiapane are obviously on the 2nd line
Nov. 28, 2022 at 10:42 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Unlikely. Seems like they have Ruzicka with Backlund and Coleman

Dube and Mangiapane are obviously on the 2nd line

Yeah I heard Huby-Lindy-Toff were reunited

I really hate Mang & Dube with Kadri, it’s just not working

Stubborn Sutter, my lines would obviously work better
Nov. 28, 2022 at 11:02 p.m.
Quoting: KingofRnR
Yeah I heard Huby-Lindy-Toff were reunited

I really hate Mang & Dube with Kadri, it’s just not working

Stubborn Sutter, my lines would obviously work better

Thats quite a statement. No offense but end of the day I'll take the Jack Adams winners pov over yours.

Now do I think someone should be called up? Certainly. Do I think Mangiapane and Dube should both be demoted to the 4th line? Absolutely not.

I think one of Phillips/Pelletier/Zary should be called up to be given a chance in the top 6 and Mangiapane should be reunited with Backlund and Coleman. Then have Ruzicka center the 4th line
Nov. 28, 2022 at 11:23 p.m.
TrevorA
Edited Nov. 28, 2022 at 11:46 p.m.
Thats quite a statement. No offense but end of the day I'll take the Jack Adams winners pov over yours.

Now do I think someone should be called up? Certainly. Do I think Mangiapane and Dube should both be demoted to the 4th line? Absolutely not.

I think one of Phillips/Pelletier/Zary should be called up to be given a chance in the top 6 and Mangiapane should be reunited with Backlund and Coleman. Then have Ruzicka center the 4th line

I was joking obviously 🙄

Yeah, you’re pretty traditional and predictable that way, but I’m all for spreading the depth and talent, matching skill sets and getting away from the old “checking line” and using the 4th as a High Energy Short Burst Scoring line with Young Players

The Guys I have in the Top-6 are the ones most deserving to be up there, so IOW the players playing the best right now are the Top 2 lines. You could debate Backlund vs Coleman, but Backlund would be needed to Centre the Rookies or Weaker Playing Wingers = Dube & Mang

Dube & Mang are in a rut, so motivate them by demoting and having them work back up, but beyond that’s it’s finding effective pairings and matching skill sets.

Could split the 3rd & 4th lines too:

Mangiapane-Backlund-Phillips
Pelletier-Dube-Lewis/Ritchie

But since Phillips & Pelletier are already used to playing opposite one another, I say maintain familiarity; Notice that I also have them on the PP as they are very effective together there too.

If you want more physicality, simply swap Lewis out for Ritchie

Ruzicka’s our best scoring forward this season, it would be an absolute sin to demote him to the 4th line
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:19 a.m.
Quoting: KingofRnR
I was joking obviously 🙄

Yeah, you’re pretty traditional and predictable that way, but I’m all for spreading the depth and talent, matching skill sets and getting away from the old “checking line” and using the 4th as a High Energy Short Burst Scoring line with Young Players

The Guys I have in the Top-6 are the ones most deserving to be up there, so IOW the players playing the best right now are the Top 2 lines. You could debate Backlund vs Coleman, but Backlund would be needed to Centre the Rookies or Weaker Playing Wingers = Dube & Mang

Dube & Mang are in a rut, so motivate them by demoting and having them work back up, but beyond that’s it’s finding effective pairings and matching skill sets.

Could split the 3rd & 4th lines too:

Mangiapane-Backlund-Phillips
Pelletier-Dube-Lewis/Ritchie

But since Phillips & Pelletier are already used to playing opposite one another, I say maintain familiarity; Notice that I also have them on the PP as they are very effective together there too.

If you want more physicality, simply swap Lewis out for Ritchie

Ruzicka’s our best scoring forward this season, it would be an absolute sin to demote him to the 4th line

I don't have an issue with rolling 4 lines but I don't think your lines are correct at all. Vegas has proven that rolling 4 lines is very effective.

You are way overestimating Ruzicka. He has flaws in his game and they became very apparent when he was playing with Lindholm. Did he produce there? Yes, but most of his points were from just going hard to the net and not actually skill. He is much more suited for a depth role and I think playing with Backlund like they have him right now could help him improve his 2-way game.

As for the Kadri - Mangiapane - Dube line, they are actually out chancing their opponent just not outscoring. To me Sutter probably sees this and that's why he's keeping them together (I personally would still like to see Mangiapane eith Backs and Pickles).

Backlund and Coleman have way too much synergy to ever consider separating them.

You know Calgary's top line in the AHL last year was Pelletier - Ruzicka - Phillips. If you want an energy line why not do that? If you are only bringing up 1 of them I can understand putting that player in the top 9 but not if both are brought up
yycofred liked this.
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:31 p.m.
TrevorA
I don't have an issue with rolling 4 lines but I don't think your lines are correct at all. Vegas has proven that rolling 4 lines is very effective.

You are way overestimating Ruzicka. He has flaws in his game and they became very apparent when he was playing with Lindholm. Did he produce there? Yes, but most of his points were from just going hard to the net and not actually skill. He is much more suited for a depth role and I think playing with Backlund like they have him right now could help him improve his 2-way game.

As for the Kadri - Mangiapane - Dube line, they are actually out chancing their opponent just not outscoring. To me Sutter probably sees this and that's why he's keeping them together (I personally would still like to see Mangiapane eith Backs and Pickles).

Backlund and Coleman have way too much synergy to ever consider separating them.

You know Calgary's top line in the AHL last year was Pelletier - Ruzicka - Phillips. If you want an energy line why not do that? If you are only bringing up 1 of them I can understand putting that player in the top 9 but not if both are brought up

These lines are intended to introduce and ease Pelletier & Phillips in to the lineup with a Veteran who can shelter them, that's why I wouldn't suggest Ruzicka as their Centre, especially if he has flaws and they only played 16 games together last season. Ruzicka obviously has raw offensive talent though and he's hot, so as much as I agree and see him improving his game playing with Backlund, I'd wait till somebody in the Bottom-6 proves they deserve his Top-6 position more. I'd also like to see Ruzicka at RW, not LW

Dube/-4 Kadri/-7 Mangiapane/-7 is our worst defensive line at Even Strength. They conduct poor line changes and give up horrendous giveaways. They have 6 GF vs. 7GA, 69SF vs. 71SA (49.3SF%) and finally a nominal amount of Chances For 143 vs. 135 CA (51.4CF%). So far, Mangiapane plays best with either Dube at Centre (they're great together on the PK) or with Backlund and either Coleman or Dube on the opposite wing. Kadri's CF% is much higher with Coleman, Huberdeau or Lewis as one of his line mates. I don't typically like to split up Backlund & Coleman either, but to ease these rookies its necessary imo

Give Mang & Dube a defensive partner like Lewis and let them focus on playmaking and shooting and I'm sure they'll get their scoring touch back. Their play changes when they're with Kadri, it's as if they're trying to get or force the puck to Kadri because he's the Star Goal Scorer more than going for the tally and being the Goal Scorers themselves.

Why have Pelletier & Phillips learn 2 new line mates each when they can just adjust to Backlund who should also hopefully benefit offensively from having 2 Hungry Wingers looking to prove themselves on his line

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll