22$82,500,000$74,568,334$0$4,732,500$7,931,666
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
-$2,625,000-$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000 (Performance Bonus$2,000,000$2M)
C
NTC
UFA - 1
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,800,000$3,800,000
LW, C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$764,167$764,167 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC, NMC
UFA - 8
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,687,500$3,687,500
LD
UFA - 2
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$150,000$150K)
G
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,137,500$1,137,500
LD/RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:01 p.m.
Someone’s forgotten what rental trades look like.
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:09 p.m.
Quoting: DefenseFirst
Someone’s forgotten what rental trades look like.

Someone's shouting their narrative from their soapbox again...look at you go! laugh
Garak liked this.
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:10 p.m.
Hawks decline. The 2 1st's would probably get you Kaner half retained. Frederic alone isn't enough for Hawks to take on $6m in cap dumps - especially w/ Reilly having another year on his deal.
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:11 p.m.
Who will be 88? Pastrnak or Kane?
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:12 p.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Someone's shouting their narrative from their soapbox again...look at you go! laugh

Just stop being such a homer pal. We get it, you want the hawks to get a good return. What you’re expecting is unprecedented in the cap era. I’m expecting the sun to rise tomorrow and you’re scoffing at it.
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:13 p.m.
Seiders on the Storm

At least he's good at something. LOL

Opinion is fact you know. 🤭

Give me Patty Kane! Rental! Rental! Rentaaaaaaalllll! 😁

Apparently Rental Bertuzzi will only be traded for a Barf sandwich. 🤮
ChiHawk, SociallyHawkward and Garak liked this.
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:20 p.m.
Just stop being such a homer pal. We get it, you want the hawks to get a good return. What you’re expecting is unprecedented in the cap era. I’m expecting the sun to rise tomorrow and you’re scoffing at it.

LMAO no, you're pushing your narrative as fact as the other poster said. Like I've said, a late 1st, very good prospect, and cap dump is what is expected and that's the same opinion shared by the experts such as The Athletic which is arguably the best NHL coverage out there. (2) late 1sts for a couple cap dumps for Kane at 50% is hardly off the charts; maybe you don't understand what the value of a very late 1st is? These are basically 2nd round picks laugh Maybe you also don't understand statistically speaking, late 1sts have a 33% of becoming a career NHL player. Like many fans, you are either ignorant or ignoring the actual value here in a very late 1st round pick.
Hawksguy81 and Garak liked this.
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:28 p.m.
Seiders on the Storm
LMAO no, you're pushing your narrative as fact as the other poster said. Like I've said, a late 1st, very good prospect, and cap dump is what is expected and that's the same opinion shared by the experts such as The Athletic which is arguably the best NHL coverage out there. (2) late 1sts for a couple cap dumps for Kane at 50% is hardly off the charts; maybe you don't understand what the value of a very late 1st is? These are basically 2nd round picks laugh Maybe you also don't understand statistically speaking, late 1sts have a 33% of becoming a career NHL player. Like many fans, you are either ignorant or ignoring the actual value here in a very late 1st round pick.

I mean we're talking about future hall of famer Patty Kane! Who is STILL an elite level player playing on a bad Chicago team. I can't believe there's fans who think Chicago is going to accept a lowball offer for him. Smarten up! 🤭

He makes a Cup contender a Cup favourite! Pay up or go home!
ChiHawk, SociallyHawkward, Hawksguy81 and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:40 p.m.

Oh good, now we’re going into the, “well late first rounders are basically second rounders,” part. This is like the five stages of grief except it’s for realizing what deadline deals look like.

Guess who moves first rounders at the deadline? Teams near the top of the standings. They’re always late first rounders.
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:40 p.m.
Quoting: MoreHitzSeider
I mean we're talking about future hall of famer Patty Kane! Who is STILL an elite level player playing on a bad Chicago team. I can't believe there's fans who think Chicago is going to accept a lowball offer for him. Smarten up! 🤭

He makes a Cup contender a Cup favourite! Pay up or go home!

I expect the hawks to accept a deal at the very high end of the rental market.

I don’t expect an unprecedented trade proposal.

There’s a difference
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:45 p.m.
Oh good, now we’re going into the, “well late first rounders are basically second rounders,” part. This is like the five stages of grief except it’s for realizing what deadline deals look like.

Guess who moves first rounders at the deadline? Teams near the top of the standings. They’re always late first rounders.

Like i said elsewhere, you are a piece of work...pure comedy! LOL
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:47 p.m.
I expect the hawks to accept a deal at the very high end of the rental market.

I don’t expect an unprecedented trade proposal.

There’s a difference

Name one other player as good as Kane that was moved at the TDL as a rental in recent years...start there
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:47 p.m.
Like i said elsewhere, you are a piece of work...pure comedy! LOL

Because i have the power of logical thought without being blinded by homerism? Doesn’t seem like that qualifies me as a piece of work.

Like here for example: you know I’m right, so you just resort to silly insults, and the trademark “LOL,” of someone who can’t think of anything clever to say.
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:52 p.m.
Because i have the power of logical thought without being blinded by homerism? Doesn’t seem like that qualifies me as a piece of work.

Like here for example: you know I’m right, so you just resort to silly insults, and the trademark “LOL,” of someone who can’t think of anything clever to say.

Like you for example..."just because I say so it is fact"...passing off opinion as fact because you can't use deductive reasoning to understand that yes, Kane is the best player in recent years to hit the rental TDL market and yes, there is zero reason to believe he won't set a new bar as far as TDL rental acquisition costs go.

Do you want me to link all the professional writers that agree with me that Kane will cost a late 1st, a very good prospect for 50% retained with a cap dump coming back or are you still going to sit on your soapbox and preach your opinion as fact?

Sometimes when a another parties logic fails the best thing to do is just sit back and laugh so that's what I'm doing LOL
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:53 p.m.
Name one other player as good as Kane that was moved at the TDL as a rental in recent years...start there

Let’s just keep it with the hawks.

Hossa.
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:54 p.m.
Like you for example..."just because I say so it is fact"...passing off opinion as fact because you can't use deductive reasoning to understand that yes, Kane is the best player in recent years to hit the rental TDL market and yes, there is zero reason to believe he won't set a new bar as far as TDL rental acquisition costs go.

Do you want me to link all the professional writers that agree with me that Kane will cost a late 1st, a very good prospect for 50% retained with a cap dump coming back or are you still going to sit on your soapbox and preach your opinion as fact?

Sometimes when a another parties logic fails the best thing to do is just sit back and laugh so that's what I'm doing LOL

The hawks aren’t special btw. This happens every single year with the shiny toy on the market. Every year, the deal looks like all the others. And no, it doesn’t involve two first round picks.
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:55 p.m.

Hossa.

15 years ago! LMAO laugh
Nov. 29, 2022 at 2:56 p.m.
The hawks aren’t special btw. This happens every single year with the shiny toy on the market. Every year, the deal looks like all the others. And no, it doesn’t involve two first round picks.

What's wrong, can't name a player as good as Kane in recent years to hit the rental market? Shocker! popcorn
Nov. 29, 2022 at 3:01 p.m.
15 years ago! LMAO laugh

So the goal posts have shifted i guess. Thought the whole point of this was that comparables would be few and far between. Define recent.
Nov. 29, 2022 at 3:30 p.m.
we miss leo k

Hossa.

pens gave up the guy they had literally picked in the 1st round 8 months before(Angelo Esposito), a 2008 1st, plus 2 young middle 6 forwards for Hossa/Dupuis(10-5-15 in 62 GP at the time of the trade, so not a huge asset.) seeing as Boston doesn't have a 1st round selection from last year to offer in this potential trade I don't think it's crazy to sub in a 2024 1st instead - unless you wanna include Fabian Lysell?
Garak and ChiHawk liked this.
Nov. 29, 2022 at 3:57 p.m.
So the goal posts have shifted i guess. Thought the whole point of this was that comparables would be few and far between. Define recent.

You talk about everyone else being a homer, yet you expect other teams to just take on your cap dumps without compensation or even getting fair value for the main piece of the deal to begin with.

Philly essentially got two mid to late first round picks last year at the TDL for Giroux as a rental with retention and no cap dumps involved. And that was a deal made where Giroux said he would ONLY go to FLA. If Kane says he will accept a trade for even one more team that is interested and isn't BOS, his price will go up that much higher.

Just a few years ago, Carolina got a 13th overall pick for taking a $6m cap dump from TOR. I could dig a bit and probably find tons of ways to compare other trades to the potential of a Kane trade and/or taking on cap dumps, but you can only get so close because players of his caliber are RARELY traded. Sorry to say but you are not the logical one here, man. If you just don't want him or don't think he is a fit or whatever, that is fine. But if you want to continue to argue about what the price should be, you are just plain wrong, and fans of teams that aren't CHI will tell you the same thing. It has nothing to do with being a homer. If I were "just being a homer" I'd be asking for an Eichel return. haha
ChiHawk liked this.
Nov. 29, 2022 at 3:59 p.m.
Quoting: Garak
You talk about everyone else being a homer, yet you expect other teams to just take on your cap dumps without compensation or even getting fair value for the main piece of the deal to begin with.

Philly essentially got two mid to late first round picks last year at the TDL for Giroux as a rental with retention and no cap dumps involved. And that was a deal made where Giroux said he would ONLY go to FLA. If Kane says he will accept a trade for even one more team that is interested and isn't BOS, his price will go up that much higher.

Just a few years ago, Carolina got a 13th overall pick for taking a $6m cap dump from TOR. I could dig a bit and probably find tons of ways to compare other trades to the potential of a Kane trade and/or taking on cap dumps, but you can only get so close because players of his caliber are RARELY traded. Sorry to say but you are not the logical one here, man. If you just don't want him or don't think he is a fit or whatever, that is fine. But if you want to continue to argue about what the price should be, you are just plain wrong, and fans of teams that aren't CHI will tell you the same thing. It has nothing to do with being a homer. If I were "just being a homer" I'd be asking for an Eichel return. haha

Explain to me how philly got two first round picks for giroux.
Nov. 29, 2022 at 4:05 p.m.
Explain to me how philly got two first round picks for giroux.

Philly literally got a 1st round pick and a player that is a former 10th overall pick that was still one of FLA's top U23 prospects at the time and is playing pretty darn well for what will be his first full NHL non covid season at 23 years old and finally getting a larger role he never would've got in FLA due to being buried in the depth chart on a bad Philly team. You can look at the trade right here on capfriendly.
Nov. 29, 2022 at 4:09 p.m.
Quoting: Garak
Philly literally got a 1st round pick and a player that is a former 10th overall pick that was still one of FLA's top U23 prospects at the time and is playing pretty darn well for what will be his first full NHL non covid season at 23 years old and finally getting a larger role he never would've got in FLA due to being buried in the depth chart. You can look at the trade right here on capfriendly.

They got one first rounder and a player. The value of the player is subjective. The value of the pick is not.

I would contend that Tippett sucked, was a 23 year old stuck in the AHL, and was a thrown in. That’s a subjective opinion, but hey, if that’s the going rate, the bruins have plenty of 23 year olds in the AHL.

What is not subjective is that the flyers did not, to steal your word, literally get two first round picks. They got one.
Nov. 29, 2022 at 4:18 p.m.
we miss leo k
They got one first rounder and a player. The value of the player is subjective. The value of the pick is not.

I would contend that Tippett sucked, was a 23 year old stuck in the AHL, and was a thrown in. That’s a subjective opinion, but hey, if that’s the going rate, the bruins have plenty of 23 year olds in the AHL.

What is not subjective is that the flyers did not, to steal your word, literally get two first round picks. They got one.

Another subjective fact is that the Flyers did not also have to absorb two contracts worth $6.1M AAV in addition to fully retaining on Giroux. If Boston needs to do that, I believe we just need to look at the recent Sean Monahan cap dump to see what the value of dumping $6M is, and maybe that's what OP is also trying to account for here.
ChiHawk and Garak liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll