Forums/Armchair-GM

Re-Tool

Created by: Ennis
Team: 2022-23 Nashville Predators
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 1, 2022
Published: Dec. 1, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
We have the pieces, we just need to use them. I believe a one-year retool could help.

1. FIRE HYNES - He's ruining this team. Same with Poile. It's about time we need a new identity and to step out of mediocrity. The Predators have one of the better prospect pools in the league, let's build from it.

2. Sell any assets that could give us decent pieces back. we don't have to fire sale, just obtain assets and give ice time to the young guys.
Trades
NSH
  1. 2023 5th round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. McCarron, Michael
Additional Details:
Defensively reliable, 700k, and brings physical presence.
NSH
  1. Voit, Ty
  2. 2023 3rd round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. Jeannot, Tanner
Additional Details:
I kind of predicted Jeannot overachieving. I just didn't want to believe it.

worth 800k and can bring top 6 grit Toronto needs. Also an RFA in the offseason
NSH
    Get this guy off my team. I don't care where, just PLEASE.
    NSH
    1. Barrie, Tyson
    2. Foegele, Warren
    3. Puljujärvi, Jesse
    4. 2023 1st round pick (EDM)
    5. 2024 2nd round pick (EDM)
    Additional Details:
    Don't know if the Oilers want to move Barrie, if they did, they could get a cheaper, younger replacement in Fabbro.

Pulju isn't doing well, and Granlund could be that upgrade.
    EDM
    1. Fabbro, Dante
    2. Granlund, Mikael
    Additional Details:
    Granlund has 16 its in 21 games. Solid 60 point top 6 forward. Can kill penalties as well. 5m is pretty cost efficient for another 2-3 years considering the cap is expected to rise. Would juice up the Oilers top/middle 6. More depth.

I always liked Fabbro, but I'm more willing to keep Carrier and have Prokop slot into our right side eventually.
    DET
    1. Tolvanen, Eeli
    Additional Details:
    Can't help but feel both of these players need a change in scenery. Former first round picks who haven't panned out. A 1 for 1 "could" benefit both teams
    NSH
    1. 2023 3rd round pick (BOS)
    BOS
    1. Trenin, Yakov
    Additional Details:
    Brings cheap, bottom 6 scoring grit to any contending team
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the NSH
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    21$82,500,000$77,562,767$0$295,000$4,937,233
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Nashville Predators
    $8,500,000$8,500,000
    LW
    NMC
    UFA - 8
    $850,833$850,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    C
    RFA - 2
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 4
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
    $1,825,000$1,825,000
    RW, LW
    RFA - 3
    $874,125$874,125
    C, RW
    RFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    $2,857,143$2,857,143
    C, RW
    UFA - 4
    $850,000$850,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $9,059,000$9,059,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $733,333$733,333
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 4
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $6,750,000$6,750,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 4
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 4
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $750,000$750,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    LD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Dec. 1, 2022 at 4:46 p.m.
    I’d give a 3rd and a whatever piece for Jeannot
    Ennis and C_LGRW71 liked this.
    Dec. 1, 2022 at 4:47 p.m.
    Quoting: GeneralLandro
    I’d give a 3rd and a whatever piece for Jeannot

I'm willing to consider Voit a B tier prospect. Anything along those lines I'm getting back for him.
    Dec. 1, 2022 at 4:48 p.m.
    PlusMinus is stupid
    Detroit could go for a change of scenery trade for Zadina, but not that. Zero interest in Tolvanen. I'd roll the dice on a 3rd or 4th round pick for Zadina before him.

Zadina has done everything right and just can't catch a break, wheras Tolvanen looks completely lost.
    Dec. 1, 2022 at 4:49 p.m.
    Quoting: DeadWingsv2
    Detroit could go for a change of scenery trade for Zadina, but not that. Zero interest in Tolvanen. I'd roll the dice on a 3rd or 4th round pick for Zadina before him.

Zadina has done everything right and just can't catch a break, wheras Tolvanen looks completely lost.

Both players are lost. Zadina is pointless in nine games. Both systems have killed their development. If anything, Tolvanen has the better 5v5 metrics, and brings physicality. Zadina brings... nothing. Im just willing to take him on and give him a chance. I doubt you get a 3rd or 4th for him... same goes for Tolvanen. It's either a player swap, or a later pick.

Or you could keep him. Up to Detroit *shrug*
    Dec. 1, 2022 at 4:53 p.m.
    I think you're selling too low on Jeannot. Honestly, even in a tear down scenario, I'd re-sign him. His work ethic would set a great example for the kids coming up, and he's still young enough to contribute when NSH is competitive again. I just don't see the point in giving him up for a 3rd and a B prospect. The return isn't worth it.

It'd be nice to get some high picks like in the EDM trade, but you're also taking on two (three if we're counting Puljujärvi) bad contracts back. I think this one favours the Oilers too much.

Instead of trading for Zadina, I'd rather give Tolvy a chance under the new coach.

I think you could get a little more for Trenin. Maybe a B prospect gets added.
    Ennis, OkMan, aedoran and 1 other person liked this.
    Dec. 1, 2022 at 4:58 p.m.
    Quoting: gmgb
    I think you're selling too low on Jeannot. Honestly, even in a tear down scenario, I'd re-sign him. His work ethic would set a great example for the kids coming up, and he's still young enough to contribute when NSH is competitive again. I just don't see the point in giving him up for a 3rd and a B prospect. The return isn't worth it.

It'd be nice to get some high picks like in the EDM trade, but you're also taking on two (three if we're counting Puljujärvi) bad contracts back. I think this one favours the Oilers too much.

Instead of trading for Zadina, I'd rather give Tolvy a chance under the new coach.

I think you could get a little more for Trenin. Maybe a B prospect gets added.

I'll agree on Jeannot. Could juice up that trade and return more. In my opinion, I'd probably just rather move him and get some good pieces back.

The EDM trade is hit or miss. Could get some use out of Pulju. It's only one year anyway, and he'll be an RFA. we could just flip him if we don't like what he brought.
    The trade does favour EDM a bit, would probably have to tweak that.

I'm done with Tolvy. At this point I'm willing to sell him or swap him for another young player who hasn't panned out.

You might be able to get more for trenin, doubt though. Bottom 6 power forward, 17 goals last season. You *might* get a 2nd?
    Dec. 1, 2022 at 5:05 p.m.
    As an oil fan i like that trade
    Dec. 1, 2022 at 5:11 p.m.
    PlusMinus is stupid
    Quoting: EvanderKanesLawyer
    Both players are lost. Zadina is pointless in nine games. Both systems have killed their development. If anything, Tolvanen has the better 5v5 metrics, and brings physicality. Zadina brings... nothing. Im just willing to take him on and give him a chance. I doubt you get a 3rd or 4th for him... same goes for Tolvanen. It's either a player swap, or a later pick.

I mean, I'm not trying to negotiate with you here, just sharing my opinion.

I'd rather Detroit just keep Zadina over Tolvanen if that was the best offer.
    Dec. 1, 2022 at 5:13 p.m.
    As a Preds fan, I hate to say it but Cole Smith has been a bright spot. Sure he takes away a roster spot from a better player, but he hasn’t been as bad a player as Alexei Emelin back in like 2018 or whoever. He shouldn’t get as much hate as he does
    Dec. 1, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.

Well Yzerman did resign him to a 3yr deal and I have no idea why. I thought it would be a single year and he'd be gone at the TDL.
    Dec. 1, 2022 at 5:39 p.m.

Exactly what most Detroit fans though about Zadina last season. Like you I don't like this trade very much either, I think Detroit gets a 3rd for Zadina no problem.
    gmgb liked this.
    Dec. 1, 2022 at 5:42 p.m.

I'm done with Tolvy. At this point I'm willing to sell him or swap him for another young player who hasn't panned out.

I'd prefer picks or a prospect, if Tolvanen were to get moved. Let DET swap Zadina for Puljujärvi. I don't see Puljujärvi becoming anything more than an expensive Trenin-lite in NSH's system. Zadina would just take Tolvanen's spot in the pressbox. Personally, I'm not interested in either player.
    Dec. 1, 2022 at 5:43 p.m.
    Quoting: OkMan
    As a Preds fan, I hate to say it but Cole Smith has been a bright spot. Sure he takes away a roster spot from a better player, but he hasn’t been as bad a player as Alexei Emelin back in like 2018 or whoever. He shouldn’t get as much hate as he does

He's an offensive black hole, but solid defensively. I thought he had his best game of the season against the Ducks the other night.
    Dec. 1, 2022 at 7:12 p.m.
    He's an offensive black hole, but solid defensively. I thought he had his best game of the season against the Ducks the other night.

Already has an assist tonight. Can I get some more Cole Smith offense slander? Maybe he can get a goal
    gmgb liked this.
    Dec. 2, 2022 at 12:58 a.m.
    Stats Are For Losers
    Quoting: DeadWingsv2

Quoting: aedoran
    Exactly what most Detroit fans though about Zadina last season. Like you I don't like this trade very much either, I think Detroit gets a 3rd for Zadina no problem.

I rather do that Jeannot trade with Zadina & a 3rd
    aedoran liked this.
    Dec. 2, 2022 at 9:47 a.m.
    Quoting: IDKtbh
    I rather do that Jeannot trade with Zadina & a 3rd

yeah… keep dreaming

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll