Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 2, 2022 at 4:02 p.m.
Can appreciate someone finally sending a RD to replace Fabbro's spot but you're still coming up short for what we'd sell him for.
sens65, herzausstein and MSZUDY21 liked this.
Dec. 2, 2022 at 4:03 p.m.
Quoting: Just_A_Guess
Can appreciate someone finally sending a RD to replace Fabbro's spot but you're still coming up short for what we'd sell him for.

What would you want from Ottawa for him?
Dec. 2, 2022 at 4:55 p.m.
Quoting: sens65
What would you want from Ottawa for him?

Well I'm assuming you'd want to send Zaitsev to make room which will come at a cost. That being said, you'd be looking at a top quality prospect (preferably also a RD) and a 1st to cover both the cost of Zaitsev and the addition of Fabbro. Now that's my take, but I feel like it's a fair ask given the circumstances.
sens65 liked this.
Dec. 2, 2022 at 5:01 p.m.
we miss leo k
-a single Roni Hirvonen isn't gonna make up the difference between Holl & Fabbro in Nashville's eyes. Just the fact that Fabbro's 6 years younger and should have 2 more years of team control makes him more valuable to Nashville than pending UFA Holl. I think Nashville wouldn't necessarily hang up on you here, but they're gonna want more to close the deal.

-I wonder if Chicago would think about this. Kerfoot isn't super valuable to them, but I think Abruzzese & a 3rd would be in the ballpark for Domi fully retained, so this is just saving them a retention slot for someone else. I don't know if this is the deal, but it feels close. But on the Toronto side - is the difference between Kerfoot & Domi's production going to be worth a prospect & a 3rd to you?
oneX, Hawksguy81 and Britishbulldog liked this.
Dec. 2, 2022 at 5:35 p.m.
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
-a single Roni Hirvonen isn't gonna make up the difference between Holl & Fabbro in Nashville's eyes. Just the fact that Fabbro's 6 years younger and should have 2 more years of team control makes him more valuable to Nashville than pending UFA Holl. I think Nashville wouldn't necessarily hang up on you here, but they're gonna want more to close the deal.

-I wonder if Chicago would think about this. Kerfoot isn't super valuable to them, but I think Abruzzese & a 3rd would be in the ballpark for Domi fully retained, so this is just saving them a retention slot for someone else. I don't know if this is the deal, but it feels close. But on the Toronto side - is the difference between Kerfoot & Domi's production going to be worth a prospect & a 3rd to you?

The Nashville trade aside, Domi is the wrong player to add to this team. Leafs should be trying to add a 2-way C. Who that might be? Depends on where teams are closer to the TDL.
Dec. 2, 2022 at 5:44 p.m.
-

You've expressed my exact thoughts. This feels like a deal the Hawks would make. No retention. Decent enough prospect. Great observations by you!
MSZUDY21 liked this.
Dec. 2, 2022 at 6:31 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Why do the Leafs who are in the win mode, downgrade themselves in Holl /Fabbro trade?
Logan_Ollivier liked this.
Dec. 2, 2022 at 7:24 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
Why do the Leafs who are in the win mode, downgrade themselves in Holl /Fabbro trade?

You misspelled "upgrade"
MSZUDY21 liked this.
Dec. 2, 2022 at 7:30 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Edited Dec. 2, 2022 at 8:34 p.m.
[
You misspelled "upgrade"

You're funny. Just because players have have higher cap, doesn't make them better. Nashville 27m on their six Dman...what a waste.
Holl has been outstanding lately even with the Leafs three best Dmen out due to injury.
Dec. 2, 2022 at 7:35 p.m.
[

You're funny. Just because players have have higher cap, doesn't make them better. Nashville 27m on their six Dman...what a waist
Holl has been outstanding lately even with the Leafs three best Dmen out due to injury.

Waist is the incorrect spelling of "waste"...that time you actually did misspell a word.

I understand Leaf fans have somehow morphed Holl into a "god amongst men" but you can't be serious with that.
MSZUDY21 liked this.
Dec. 2, 2022 at 7:38 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Waist is the incorrect spelling of "waste"...that time you actually did misspell a word.

I understand Leaf fans have somehow morphed Holl into a "god amongst men" but you can't be serious with that.

An out of the playoff team. poor goal differential, average defensively, aging Dmen on long term contracts....,Yep a waste.
Dec. 2, 2022 at 8:34 p.m.
An out of the playoff team. poor goal differential, average defensively, aging Dmen on long term contracts....,Yep a waste.

First, Fabbro isn't one of the aging Dmen so let's try to stay on point, shall we?

Second, you'd be crazy to decline that as Fabbro has exponentially more value than Holl who will begin to crash and burn shortly as he's outplaying his abilities and that will run out.

Third, you're a troll if you honestly believe you'd be better off taking the side of the trade with lower value (Yes, I'm referring to the Holl/Roni side as the rest of us can clearly see how lopsided this trade proposal is in TOR's favour).
Dec. 2, 2022 at 8:40 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
First, Fabbro isn't one of the aging Dmen so let's try to stay on point, shall we?

Second, you'd be crazy to decline that as Fabbro has exponentially more value than Holl who will begin to crash and burn shortly as he's outplaying his abilities and that will run out.

Third, you're a troll if you honestly believe you'd be better off taking the side of the trade with lower value (Yes, I'm referring to the Holl/Roni side as the rest of us can clearly see how lopsided this trade proposal is in TOR's favour).

I'm not saying Fabbro isn't not value at his 2.4m. But geez Holl right now at 2m is good value and more. Holl plays 6 minutes a night more than Fabbro.
I know so many non Leaf fans (even some Leafs fan) think if a Leafs isn't playing up to Matthews or Marner standards they aren't NHLers.
Sorry you don't appreciate Holl, but maybe I just don't see the value in a 15m a night Dman or a middling team like Nashville.
Dec. 2, 2022 at 9:03 p.m.
I'm not saying Fabbro isn't not value at his 2.4m. But geez Holl right now at 2m is good value and more. Holl plays 6 minutes a night more than Fabbro.
I know so many non Leaf fans (even some Leafs fan) think if a Leafs isn't playing up to Matthews or Marner standards they aren't NHLers.
Sorry you don't appreciate Holl, but maybe I just don't see the value in a 15m a night Dman or a middling team like Nashville.

I can understand Holl is outplaying his contract right now which is giving you an incredible value, which is also why selling high should be your viewpoint. Holl is playing more minutes because of injuries, not skill. He will never be more valuable to anyone than he is right now, you would be getting the better player in Fabbro who is getting less minutes because of the "overpaid aging Dmen" you've pointed out.

NSH hasn't performed to standards but this NSH/TOR trade favours TOR regardless. Holl's play has pulled him out of the negative value he had all offseason but hasn't projected him into stardom by any means and not only would Fabbro likely thrive given the exact same opportunity Holl has received, but you'd have him through his all of prime years if can also you sign him to an extension.

Holl is a 15M a night Dman who is being forced into bigger minutes because of slim pickings post-injuries, Fabbro is the better player hands down.
Dec. 2, 2022 at 10:07 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I can understand Holl is outplaying his contract right now which is giving you an incredible value, which is also why selling high should be your viewpoint. Holl is playing more minutes because of injuries, not skill. He will never be more valuable to anyone than he is right now, you would be getting the better player in Fabbro who is getting less minutes because of the "overpaid aging Dmen" you've pointed out.

NSH hasn't performed to standards but this NSH/TOR trade favours TOR regardless. Holl's play has pulled him out of the negative value he had all offseason but hasn't projected him into stardom by any means and not only would Fabbro likely thrive given the exact same opportunity Holl has received, but you'd have him through his all of prime years if can also you sign him to an extension.

Holl is a 15M a night Dman who is being forced into bigger minutes because of slim pickings post-injuries, Fabbro is the better player hands down.

Last two full seasons Holl and this season Holl has averaged over 21 minutes a night. Nonsense that Holl on a good team is forced to play bigger minutes. Heck on middling team Fabbro can't crack 15 minutes.
Dec. 2, 2022 at 10:17 p.m.
Last two full seasons Holl and this season Holl has averaged over 21 minutes a night. Nonsense that Holl on a good team is forced to play bigger minutes. Heck on middling team Fabbro can't crack 15 minutes.

If you really think Holl is better because of minutes... you can keep him. I'm not going to continue to debate why you should take the better player, I'll keep Fabbro for this offer.
MSZUDY21 liked this.
Dec. 3, 2022 at 2:43 p.m.
MSzudy

Fabbro is already better than Holl, is younger, under team control and has higher upside.
Dec. 3, 2022 at 2:46 p.m.
MSzudy

So the reason why I like Domi better than Kerf is that he can actually play C , win draws and they have a need in that 3rd line slot. Kerf has proven he is a bottom six winger and they have replaced him already with Jarnkrok for cheaper. I like Domi's aggressive play in between the whistles and he sticks up for his teammates. He is perfectly casts as a playoff upgrade for them over Kerf. I could also see the Leafs resign him to a contract should he perform well.
dannibalcorpse liked this.
Dec. 3, 2022 at 2:49 p.m.
MSzudy

So Hirvonen isn't a bad prospect and I don't think this trade is extremely lopsided. I think there is a framework to get a deal done there. Maybe the leafs up the offer to Robertson and Holl.
Dec. 3, 2022 at 3:33 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: MSZUDY21
Fabbro is already better than Holl, is younger, under team control and has higher upside.

I understand the value of the trade for the Leafs because of the controllable years. But hard to believe Fabbro is better than Holl right now. Holl has been astalwart for the Leafs.
Heck, Holl plays six minutes a night more than Fabbro. Nashville is a middling defensive and overall team.
Dec. 3, 2022 at 4:53 p.m.
Quoting: MSZUDY21
So Hirvonen isn't a bad prospect and I don't think this trade is extremely lopsided. I think there is a framework to get a deal done there. Maybe the leafs up the offer to Robertson and Holl.

Hirvonen isn't a bad prospect, but he doesn't hit the mark when balancing the trade. The framework could work though, idk if just swapping to Robertson would be enough for NSH.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll