SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

NHL Red Line

Jun. 2, 2017 at 3:34 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
I've been reading these things about that the NHL used to have some red line or red line rule? What is the red line/red line rule?
Jun. 2, 2017 at 1:56 p.m.
Below Market Value
The red line is the red line that goes through the middle of the ice. It is used to determine icing calls. Goalies also cannot cross this line unless they are going to their bench or to the locker room.
Jun. 2, 2017 at 1:58 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
The red line is the red line that goes through the middle of the ice. It is used to determine icing calls. Goalies also cannot cross this line unless they are going to their bench or to the locker room.

Yeah, i know, but i read something on nhl.com about bringing back the red line. They still have the red line.
Jun. 2, 2017 at 10:46 p.m.
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

Yeah, i know, but i read something on nhl.com about bringing back the red line. They still have the red line.

Two line pass rule
Jun. 2, 2017 at 11:07 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Banks

Two line pass rule

what is that rule?
Jun. 2, 2017 at 11:25 p.m.
Follow capfriendly

Two line pass rule

what is that rule?

You can't pass the puck from your defensive zone to a player who is passed the red line.

It was removed in 2006 to combat the New Jersey 1-2-2 trap and the "dead puck" era
Jun. 2, 2017 at 11:29 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

what is that rule?

You can't pass the puck from your defensive zone to a player who is passed the red line.

It was removed in 2006 to combat the New Jersey 1-2-2 trap and the "dead puck" era

ok, do you think they should bring it back? I don't.
Jun. 3, 2017 at 1:15 p.m.
get ur corsi up
They should not bring it back.
Jun. 3, 2017 at 1:17 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DarylthePony
They should not bring it back.

i agree
Jun. 3, 2017 at 3:38 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
I think they should get rid of the bluelines too, just have no offsides. It would create a lot more goals
backflip liked this.
Jun. 3, 2017 at 3:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: TonyStrecher
I think they should get rid of the bluelines too, just have no offsides. It would create a lot more goals

I don't mind offside but i'm not a big fan of taking goals back for offside. I mean i think it would make sense if they stop play if they notice it's offside but if they don't notice it in time and a team scores, it still counts.
Jun. 3, 2017 at 4:19 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Here's what I would like: strictly disallow goalies to play the puck outside of their crease, this would allow for way for scoring chances, frantic play, and overall much more exciting games.
Jun. 3, 2017 at 6:19 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Here's what I would like: strictly disallow goalies to play the puck outside of their crease, this would allow for way for scoring chances, frantic play, and overall much more exciting games.

I don't think that makes sense. Just me though.
Jun. 3, 2017 at 6:19 p.m.
Oh Canada

Yeah that's a pretty good idea, man that would make defense a MUCH harder position.
Jun. 3, 2017 at 6:20 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: gojetsgo

Yeah that's a pretty good idea, man that would make defense a MUCH harder position.

I think they should also remove the rule where the goalie can't cover up the puck behind the net.
Jun. 3, 2017 at 6:21 p.m.
Oh Canada

I think they should also remove the rule where the goalie can't cover up the puck behind the net.

So you want hockey to be a completely boring sport with no speed or excitement?
Jun. 3, 2017 at 6:25 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

no, i just don't understand why the goalie can't cover the puck behind the net. They probably wouldn't do it very often.
Jun. 3, 2017 at 6:49 p.m.
get ur corsi up

no, i just don't understand why the goalie can't cover the puck behind the net. They probably wouldn't do it very often.

They would most certainly do it often! That rule would eliminate the little bit of scoring we still have left.
Jun. 3, 2017 at 6:50 p.m.
get ur corsi up

Yea, defense would be completely revolutionized and way more respected. It would promote quick and decisive discussions, make forwards way more aggressive, and overall make the game way more fun to watch and play.
Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:10 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

They would most certainly do it often! That rule would eliminate the little bit of scoring we still have left.

Maybe they'd try it for a year and see how often they do it.
Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:05 p.m.
Oh Canada

They would obviously do it a lot and if you want to test out the idea then implement it in the AHL or ECHL first.
Jun. 4, 2017 at 12:47 p.m.
get ur corsi up

Honestly, that would be so boring.
Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:00 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Often the puck goes in the crease and they don't cover it up.
Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:13 p.m.
get ur corsi up

They try to. What your prosing is more stoppages, and that's only going to make the league extremely boring.
Jun. 4, 2017 at 1:16 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

They try to. What your prosing is more stoppages, and that's only going to make the league extremely boring.

No i'm not, i just think they should let the goalie cover it up behind the net. I really don't think it would happen very often. But for example, if the goalie goes behind his net and notices two players from the other team coming behind the net, both going toward him, on to the left and one to the right, he could cover it up to stop play. Or just some time he'd need to do that.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll