26Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary Flames
27Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
28Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida Panthers
29Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
30Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the New York Rangers
31Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
32Logo of the Edmonton OilersLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
Dec. 15, 2022 at 2:11 p.m.
I think Šalé gets overhyped (especially by Craig Button, he has him at #4) and it also kinda reminds me of Slafkovský last year. Don't get me wrong, Šalé is a really good prospect but he's not Top 6 in a draft as loaded as this one. At least not right now, I might change my mind on that one over the course of the season.

I personally also prefer Gulyayev over Allen for the time being and I'd put him as in the top 15.

Danielson and Barlow seem a bit high to me.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2022 at 10:50 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: TZ11
I think Šalé gets overhyped (especially by Craig Button, he has him at #4) and it also kinda reminds me of Slafkovský last year. Don't get me wrong, Šalé is a really good prospect but he's not Top 6 in a draft as loaded as this one. At least not right now, I might change my mind on that one over the course of the season.

I personally also prefer Gulyayev over Allen for the time being and I'd put him as in the top 15.

Stramel and Dragicevic should be in this imo. And Wood should be higher. Allen will probably drop. I think if you switched Dvorsky and Sale, it’s probably fair. I’d probably put Wood in the top 10 too. David Reinbacher can also get his name on this list
Dec. 15, 2022 at 10:56 p.m.
yotes own canada
dont see barlow cracking the top 25
Dec. 15, 2022 at 11:16 p.m.

Slafkovsky literally was the first player pick… How’s je overhyped ??? 🤦‍♂️
Dec. 16, 2022 at 12:43 a.m.
Bog
David Reinbacher is going to end up in the top 10. Perfect pick for the Canucks if he's available.
Dec. 16, 2022 at 1:26 a.m.
Quoting: Marchy6363
Slafkovsky literally was the first player pick… How’s je overhyped ??? 🤦‍♂️

He was overhyped before the draft, it's undeniable. Just because of his Olympic and WC performances, his Liiga performance didn't back it up last year. Obviously MTL took him 1OA after all and I'm not saying it was a bad pick, just that Slafkovský, to me, never showed he's worthy of 1st overall. Both Cooley and Wright had a better case imo.
Dec. 16, 2022 at 1:27 a.m.
Quoting: csick
Stramel and Dragicevic should be in this imo. And Wood should be higher. Allen will probably drop. I think if you switched Dvorsky and Sale, it’s probably fair. I’d probably put Wood in the top 10 too. David Reinbacher can also get his name on this list

100% agree. Wood's barely out of the Top 10 to me but that could change every day. Stramel should definitely be there, Dragicevic too, yes.
csick and TheRealisticGuy liked this.
Dec. 16, 2022 at 2:01 a.m.
I’ve said it many times, there’s no way if Arizona is picking 3 they pass up a prototypical Bill Armstrong power forward, for michkov. Arizona’s board will absolutely be Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson
TheRealisticGuy liked this.
Dec. 16, 2022 at 2:29 a.m.
Quoting: Yotes269
I’ve said it many times, there’s no way if Arizona is picking 3 they pass up a prototypical Bill Armstrong power forward, for michkov. Arizona’s board will absolutely be Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson

The team with enough patience to wait 3 years for Michkov could end up with the best player in the draft.

I could see one of San Jose, Chicago or Arizona being that team because they're all starting a long term rebuild.

Carlsson would be a great pick too. But Michkov probably have the highest ceiling in the draft after Bedard.
Dec. 16, 2022 at 2:36 a.m.
Quoting: LIRIK
The team with enough patience to wait 3 years for Michkov could end up with the best player in the draft.

I could see one of San Jose, Chicago or Arizona being that team because they're all starting a long term rebuild.

Carlsson would be a great pick too. But Michkov probably have the highest ceiling in the draft after Bedard.

You’re entirely correct, I love michkov as a prospect, I worry about bringing him over. While I think Arizona is building something great, it’s hard to pull a guy locked in at a top khl team, even if he’s willing to listen. Kaprizov was no slam dunk to sign, or extend, and Minnesota was in a better spot. He obviously did, but I don’t know if I want to roll those dice in 3 years
LIRIK and TheRealisticGuy liked this.
Dec. 16, 2022 at 7:59 a.m.
He was overhyped before the draft, it's undeniable. Just because of his Olympic and WC performances, his Liiga performance didn't back it up last year. Obviously MTL took him 1OA after all and I'm not saying it was a bad pick, just that Slafkovský, to me, never showed he's worthy of 1st overall. Both Cooley and Wright had a better case imo.

Cooley is not even in the league and Wright is absolutely invisible… Slaf is the best player from the draft
Dec. 16, 2022 at 9:22 a.m.
Habs4Ever
Cooley is not even in the league and Wright is absolutely invisible… Slaf is the best player from the draft

You are being bias right now. We will see later
TZ11 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 16, 2022 at 10:35 a.m.

So because a player gets into the league ahead of another, he's automatically better? Right... explain to me how Nico Hischier is better than Cale Makar, Jason Robertson, Elias Pettersson, Miro Heiskanen, Nick Suzuki and Jake Oettinger. Wright is getting f***ed over by the coaching staff. And claiming a player is the best from a certain draft after half a year is nonsensical and stupid. Cooley and Wright could both very well become the best players from the 2022 draft, just like anyone else, even Ivan Zhigalov (Mr. Irrelevant from the 2022 Draft). You cannot win an argument in which you call a player the definitive best from his draft just months after being drafted.
TheRealisticGuy and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 17, 2022 at 1:12 p.m.
power forward
Dragicevic belongs in the top 10, McCarthy and Zeimmer belongs in the 12-20 range.
Dec. 17, 2022 at 7:18 p.m.
Quoting: christianyog
Dragicevic belongs in the top 10, McCarthy and Zeimmer belongs in the 12-20 range.

I like Dragicevic but he's not top 10 for me, McCarthy seems too high in the teens.
Dec. 18, 2022 at 1:45 p.m.
Quoting: TheRealisticGuy
You are being bias right now. We will see later

Bruh he’s literally the only one in the league ffs
Dec. 18, 2022 at 1:47 p.m.
So because a player gets into the league ahead of another, he's automatically better? Right... explain to me how Nico Hischier is better than Cale Makar, Jason Robertson, Elias Pettersson, Miro Heiskanen, Nick Suzuki and Jake Oettinger. Wright is getting f***ed over by the coaching staff. And claiming a player is the best from a certain draft after half a year is nonsensical and stupid. Cooley and Wright could both very well become the best players from the 2022 draft, just like anyone else, even Ivan Zhigalov (Mr. Irrelevant from the 2022 Draft). You cannot win an argument in which you call a player the definitive best from his draft just months after being drafted.

So slaf isn’t getting ****ed by coaching? He’s playing on the 4th line ffs… and yeah right now he’s far and away the best so far
Dec. 19, 2022 at 10:42 a.m.
Edited Dec. 19, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
So slaf isn’t getting ****ed by coaching? He’s playing on the 4th line ffs… and yeah right now he’s far and away the best so far

Wright ATOI: 8:29
Slafkovský ATOI: 11:52
3.5 minute difference in ATOI.

There's an argument to be made for Slaf right now but you didn't say that. You said "Slaf is the best player from the draft" not right now or anything just the best. But again, you shouldn't call anyone the best from a draft, or anything essentially, just a few months after it went down. In 4 or 5 years you can claim a certain player is the best from his draft but not now.
A_Habs_fan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll