SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Anaheim Ducks

Would you trade the 1 OA pick?

Select trade option
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Dec. 15, 2022 at 5:32 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
If you were Verbeek, and you landed the 1OA pick, do you trade it for multiple high end assets, at the risk of loosing a franchise level player?

@OldNYIfan @Salzy @GeneralLandro
Dec. 17, 2022 at 4:49 p.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
If you were Verbeek, and you landed the 1OA pick, do you trade it for multiple high end assets, at the risk of loosing a franchise level player?

OldNYIfan Salzy GeneralLandro

only tempting one is the 3rd one because of Fantilli's play, or I guess if Fantilli's available at 3 then the 2nd one is interesting but I doubt it, so likely no
Lenny7 liked this.
Dec. 19, 2022 at 9:49 a.m.
Lenny7

OldNYIfan Salzy GeneralLandro

Late to the party here, but I absolutely wouldn't move it. Dropping 1 spot to get Fantilli++ would be fine, but if you get to 3 and have to then wait for 3-4 years for Michkov, absolutely not.
GeneralLandro and OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 23, 2023 at 7:25 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
@GeneralLandro @OldNYIFan @Lenny7

Revisiting this as there have been a number of season ending injuries to smaller players (Drysdale, Nick Robertson, Cole Caufield), and we seem to be heating up on the idea that Carlsson might be our guy. I am less convinced that there is that massive of a gap between Bedard and the other top prospects.

If we got the 1OA pick, would you flip it to Arizona for Carlsson (3OA) and Chychrun?
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 23, 2023 at 7:36 p.m.
GeneralLandro OldNYIFan Lenny7

Revisiting this as there have been a number of season ending injuries to smaller players (Drysdale, Nick Robertson, Cole Caufield), and we seem to be heating up on the idea that Carlsson might be our guy. I am less convinced that there is that massive of a gap between Bedard and the other top prospects.

If we got the 1OA pick, would you flip it to Arizona for Carlsson (3OA) and Chychrun?

I still don’t think I would honestly — Chychrun will be due for a big extension come time to compete as well so his contract which is a big part of everyone’s love for him would be a non factor
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 23, 2023 at 8:14 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I gotta be completely honest with you (and this is why I didn't respond to the question earlier) -- I'd have to recuse myself because for me, it has nothing to do with hockey, but karma.

I know that sounds ridiculous, but I can't get around my own bias.

I will say this: if Columbus had #3 or #4 and was offering us David Jiricek, I'd think about it.
Lenny7 liked this.
Jan. 24, 2023 at 7:51 a.m.
Lenny7
GeneralLandro OldNYIFan Lenny7

I'm not sold on Carlsson at all...

Quoting: OldNYIfan

I will say this: if Columbus had #3 or #4 and was offering us David Jiricek, I'd think about it.

Yup, this x 10000000
OldNYIfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit