Forums/Armchair-GM

Canucks Fans Name Your Price

Created by: WranglerWranglin
Team: 2022-23 Calgary Flames
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 19, 2022
Published: Dec. 19, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Wondering what the Canucks base thinks about moving Kuzmenko, obviously great numbers on the surface so far this season but he's shooting at a pretty crazy pace right now (24%) and he gets a ton of starts in the Ozone.

Couple questions:
- Do fans think he's re signing in Vancouver or is he going the Russian route and looking for a big city next off season?
- Do you think he keeps up this pace and gets to 70+ points?
- What do you think his value is at the deadline? Is he a pure rental in your eyes?

Schenn is obviously going to be coveted at the deadline, would love if the Flames made a move for him to push Stone down to 7D and run a Zadorov - Schenn pairing.
Trades
VAN
    - Schenn probably pulls a second round pick right?

- Kuzmenko pick and a prospect?
    If the Canucks want guys that can plug into the current roster:
    - Nick Meloche
    - Kevin Rooney
    - Radim Zohorna
    Prospects
    - Lucas Ciona
    - Mathias Emilio Pettersen
    - Cole Schwindt
    - Rory Kerins
    - Connor Zary if need be
    Buried
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the FLA
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CGY
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$82,500,000$72,425,000$0$1,050,000$10,075,000
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Calgary Flames
    $5,800,000$5,800,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    $4,850,000$4,850,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 2
    $2,125,000$2,125,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $5,900,000$5,900,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $7,000,000$7,000,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
    $950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $2,300,000$2,300,000
    LW, RW, C
    RFA - 2
    $5,350,000$5,350,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $4,900,000$4,900,000
    RW, LW
    NTC
    UFA - 5
    $762,500$762,500
    LW, C
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $800,000$800,000 (Performance Bonus$200,000$200K)
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $1,237,500$1,237,500
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $4,550,000$4,550,000
    RD
    UFA - 4
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $1,125,000$1,125,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
    $850,000$850,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $750,000$750,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:06 p.m.
    Equivalent of a first and third should, basically at most, be what it would take. No, Schenn's not worth a second rounder.
    WranglerWranglin liked this.
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:13 p.m.
    My guess Van doesn't trade him without his consent IF they plan on re-signing him next year. He was an ufa that picked Van over every other team. He's going to be 27. If Van is going to fire sale the team, he may not want to come back. I think he expected them to be better.
    WranglerWranglin liked this.
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:17 p.m.
    Quoting: leafs101
    Equivalent of a first and third should, basically at most, be what it would take. No, Schenn's not worth a second rounder.

Fair enough, I don't hate that price, feels like a fair valuation.

I don't disagree about Schenn but it's the NHL trade deadline and wild things happen with big defencemen having half decent seasons on bad teams. Braun fetched a 3rd last season, Schenn is by all accounts having a better season, is younger on a cheaper deal. Chiarot, Lauzon, Dermott, Hamonic etc. all got returns that are higher than I think they should be. And Schenn, from Saskatchewan.. You're telling me that Sutter isn't telling Treliving to trade his shares in Boston Pizza for him!? I don't think he's worth a second, I don't think it's out of this world to think he is moved for one though.
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:17 p.m.
    VAN
    I'd be surprised is Kuzmenko is traded and it would take a strong offer for that to happen. These two in one trade is 2023 1st, 2024 2nd + Zary. Especially to a div rival.
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:18 p.m.
    Quoting: WranglerWranglin
    Fair enough, I don't hate that price, feels like a fair valuation.

I don't disagree about Schenn but it's the NHL trade deadline and wild things happen with big defencemen having half decent seasons on bad teams. Braun fetched a 3rd last season, Schenn is by all accounts having a better season, is younger on a cheaper deal. Chiarot, Lauzon, Dermott, Hamonic etc. all got returns that are higher than I think they should be. And Schenn, from Saskatchewan.. You're telling me that Sutter isn't telling Treliving to trade his shares in Boston Pizza for him!? I don't think he's worth a second, I don't think it's out of this world to think he is moved for one though.

he's a 6th/7th D on any good team. I think the 3rd is the price being driven up from what it should be, a 4th or 5th.
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:19 p.m.
    Quoting: Prime_Jimbo
    I'd be surprised is Kuzmenko is traded and it would take a strong offer for that to happen. These two in one trade is 2023 1st, 2024 2nd + Zary. Especially to a div rival.

thats a ridiculous price. VAN should be rebuilding and should sell both of these players, but would be kidding themselves if they expect that return.
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:21 p.m.
    VAN
    thats a ridiculous price. VAN should be rebuilding and should sell both of these players, but would be kidding themselves if they expect that return.

No it's not. Both of these players are extremely cheap. Even teams right up against the cap can add them. With that, the amount of teams buying is that mich higher. This isn't a Boeser move with high cap.
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:23 p.m.
    So lets be real. There is no way the Canucks will trade with Calgary. Our GM would be fired. The fans would be pretty upset .Not really things the Canucks need right now. Perhaps another team. IMHO.
    No it's not. Both of these players are extremely cheap. Even teams right up against the cap can add them. With that, the amount of teams buying is that mich higher. This isn't a Boeser move with high cap.

Kuzmenko is an relatively unproven commodity, granted he's done well, so a first rounder in the deepest draft in 8 years should get that done. Schenn is a 6th/7th D on a good team, should be worth about a 4th or 5th but deadline craziness probably bumps him up to around a 3rd rounder.

Van would be dumb to re-sign these guy and not rebuild, changes nothing and keeps the team in perennial mediocrity.
    Quoting: remowilliams
    So lets be real. There is no way the Canucks will trade with Calgary. Our GM would be fired. The fans would be pretty upset .Not really things the Canucks need right now. Perhaps another team. IMHO.

why should VAN care what team gets their rentals when they aren't going to make the playoffs
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:25 p.m.
    VAN
    Kuzmenko is an relatively unproven commodity, granted he's done well, so a first rounder in the deepest draft in 8 years should get that done. Schenn is a 6th/7th D on a good team, should be worth about a 4th or 5th but deadline craziness probably bumps him up to around a 3rd rounder.

Van would be dumb to re-sign these guy and not rebuild, changes nothing and keeps the team in perennial mediocrity.

As noted, even a big pylon like Braun fetched a 3rd.

And you want both these guys, in one deal, to a div rival to make a cup run with a capped out team for the foreseeable future with a win now coach. Pay up or someone gets them.
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:27 p.m.
    As noted, even a big pylon like Braun fetched a 3rd.

And you want both these guys, in one deal, to a div rival to make a cup run with a capped out team for the foreseeable future with a win now coach. Pay up or someone gets them.

"a big pylon like Braun" would be about his comparable as a 3rd pair journeyman older D-man. Not sure why rival matters if VAN won't be competing for the playoffs and is rebuilding. Has no bearing on their outcomes. But yea maybe he goes to a different team, just not at a much bigger price than what I've outlined.
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:27 p.m.
    why should VAN care what team gets their rentals when they aren't going to make the playoffs

Because that is MY opinion. That is why i wrote it.
    leafs101 and WranglerWranglin liked this.
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:28 p.m.
    Because that is MY opinion. That is why i wrote it.

and you are entitled to your opinion, I am just asking why you as a fan would care more about interfering with a rival than doing what your team needs to do.

Not discrediting your opinion, more asking why that is your opinion.
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:28 p.m.

I think that notion is gone a little bit when one team is rebuilding and these guys are pretty much rentals. I don't think there would be a deal that would see a bunch of promising future pieces going back and forth that could haunt a team for a decade but if the Canucks got the best offer for Schenn from Calgary I think it would be even more of a fireable offence not to take it.
    remowilliams liked this.
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:32 p.m.
    and you are entitled to your opinion, I am just asking why you as a fan would care more about interfering with a rival than doing what your team needs to do.

Not discrediting your opinion, more asking why that is your opinion.

It is ONLY your opinion that we should do" what the team needs". Its not a forgone conclusion .Again in my opinion.
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:35 p.m.
    It is ONLY your opinion that we should do" what the team needs". Its not a forgone conclusion .Again in my opinion.

so is your opinion that Nucks don't need to rebuild? Again, just asking.
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:39 p.m.
    VAN
    "a big pylon like Braun" would be about his comparable as a 3rd pair journeyman older D-man. Not sure why rival matters if VAN won't be competing for the playoffs and is rebuilding. Has no bearing on their outcomes. But yea maybe he goes to a different team, just not at a much bigger price than what I've outlined.

He'll fetch a late 2nd from a contending team. I'm not even worried about that. Bigger to fish to fry in Van. Kuz, as a new signing, still young, extremely productive off the bat would take a big offer.
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:41 p.m.
    so is your opinion that Nucks don't need to rebuild? Again, just asking.

Please do not put words in my mouth. I never said that ,simply your ideas for the future of the Canucks and mine are way different. So lets agree to disagree .
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:45 p.m.
    Please do not put words in my mouth. I never said that ,simply your ideas for the future of the Canucks and mine are way different. So lets agree to disagree .

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, I just genuinely don't understand your stance and am trying to get a grip on it. From what I understand, if you rebuild you trade Kuzmenko, and if you don't you try to bring him back. Not trying to get in a hostile argument, really just don't understand what your actual stance is. All you've done is say mine is wrong without actually offering your opinion clearly.
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 2:46 p.m.
    He'll fetch a late 2nd from a contending team. I'm not even worried about that. Bigger to fish to fry in Van. Kuz, as a new signing, still young, extremely productive off the bat would take a big offer.

he won't, but we can agree to disagree and wait until TDL.

Its not like Kuz is an RFA either, he's UFA and if everything is going to sh*t he's probably not sticking around.
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 3:03 p.m.
    I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, I just genuinely don't understand your stance and am trying to get a grip on it. From what I understand, if you rebuild you trade Kuzmenko, and if you don't you try to bring him back. Not trying to get in a hostile argument, really just don't understand what your actual stance is. All you've done is say mine is wrong without actually offering your opi
    I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, I just genuinely don't understand your stance and am trying to get a grip on it. From what I understand, if you rebuild you trade Kuzmenko, and if you don't you try to bring him back. Not trying to get in a hostile argument, really just don't understand what your actual stance is. All you've done is say mine is wrong without actually offering your opinion clearly.

Im not interested in putting down my opinion so you can pick it apart.I am as you stated entitled to MY opinion. I do not really care if opinion is or if its wrong or right.I simply wrote my opinion on a post END OF STORY.Move on.
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 3:22 p.m.
    For both of them together, the Canucks would want a 1st + some other piece (the highest pick possible gauged from a bidding war or a prospect that the Canucks like). From there, it would take a bit extra considering the trade would be both within in the division and with somewhat of a rival.
    Dec. 19, 2022 at 3:29 p.m.
    Ex Nucks fan

I think Schenn could fetch a second. The Canucks traded a worse, much more expensive player in Hamonic for a third round pick. Schenn is better, dirt cheap, has a very useful skill set for the playoffs, and is having a great year on the top pair with Hughes where everything else has been bad
    remowilliams liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll