Yeah there was a scoring change after I posted that
Watched him play live yesterday and noticed a few things
- His deception is nuts, he does the opposite of what it looks like he's doing
- Along with his shot being amazing, his playmaker is his strongest asset
- His off the puck isn't great. He can definitely improve his play in the offensive zone away from the puck.
- His defensive game is terrible. Not that it matters because he's so good in the offensive zone, but his defensive game is equivalent to Mike Hoffman, dudes a pylon in the defensive zone.
- He tries to much on his own. He has to utilize his teammates more. Many times yesterday he'd do a dumb deke in center ice only to lose the puck and give up an odd man rush (thankfully Canada has decent defenders to make up for it)
I'd also like to point out that he's a 2x underager at this tournament. He can play for 2 more tournaments if he wanted too (though I doubt he even returns next year).