SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2022-23 NHL Season Discussion Thread #8: Vote for Jesper Bratt

Jan. 14, 2023 at 11:30 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: McGruff
Just cause some guy on Twitter, formerly w/ NHL (from Vancouver) says they missed it doesn't make it so.
btw: How long did it take to find that daming evidence.

And he's very persuasive: "I believe..." now that's a concrete start to a defense there Judge!

Not long but in general Bruins got away with one, think what u want but its how its been for years. Its the rep with the brand

But hey guess goalies throwing sticks is now legal so we should just allow more goalies to do it and if they get penalized just point to the clip and go yeah that wasnt called so I can do it to

And the leagues gonna get a massive headache out of it as they dont enforce their own rules.
Jan. 14, 2023 at 11:34 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: aadoyle
Not long but in general Bruins got away with one, think what u want but its how its been for years. Its the rep with the brand

But hey guess goalies throwing sticks is now legal so we should just allow more goalies to do it and if they get penalized just point to the clip and go yeah that wasnt called so I can do it to

And the leagues gonna get a massive headache out of it as they dont enforce their own rules.

The "pro-league goal-posts" are equal for all teams.
Jan. 14, 2023 at 11:35 p.m.
I make typos
Isnt Kahkonen's number 34 when did he change it

idk, all I know was he was wearing 36 yesterday
Jan. 14, 2023 at 11:36 p.m.
I make typos
Edited Jan. 14, 2023 at 11:44 p.m.
Bruh, Kostin just scored AGAIN, has 9 goals now, had 9 points with the Blues last year
zk97 liked this.
Jan. 14, 2023 at 11:37 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: oilersguy
idk, all I know was he was wearing 36 yesterday

K I found it, he changed it 6 months ago. Never really noticed as I remember last year he was 34. Anyways thats some weird **** for a goalie wearing 36 to take on 3 other goalies wearing the same number
oilersguy liked this.
Jan. 14, 2023 at 11:56 p.m.
Respect Mike Grier
I Dont thinks even possible keeping Pastrnak at this point. Theyre gonna end selling very low on Hall, and Dumping Reilly/Forbort if they want any chance of keeping him. And then you have to actually convince him to sign.
Jan. 14, 2023 at 11:58 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
Trying to see the positives of this season:
-Elias Pettersson having a career year (100+ Points potentially)
-Horvat having a career year (50+ goals potentially and potential haul from a trade)
-Quinn Hughes having a career year (point per game)
-Lots of goals=entertaining hockey
-Good position to draft a stud this year
-Abby Canucks doing good
Jan. 15, 2023 at 12:01 a.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Quoting: zk97
doesnt reimer wear 47 in SJ

Oh yeah, mb
Jan. 15, 2023 at 12:02 a.m.
v5 Minnesota GM
Thats what i was thinking as when u look up Kahkonen this comes up

r1037849_1296x729_16-9.jpg

That's frim
Thats what i was thinking as when u look up Kahkonen this comes up

r1037849_1296x729_16-9.jpg

That's from last year then.
Jan. 15, 2023 at 12:06 a.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
I Dont thinks even possible keeping Pastrnak at this point. Theyre gonna end selling very low on Hall, and Dumping Reilly/Forbort if they want any chance of keeping him. And then you have to actually convince him to sign.

Next yr YTD:
BOS 12 players signed (w/ Zacha) for $61M CAP hit...
TML 11 players signed $71.5M Cap hit, and for spice

Vegas 20 players signed $89.4M Cap hit [sweet fancy Moses].

Your point is?

Signing Zacha (Czech) greases the wheels for Pasta's (Czech) 8 x 10MIL...

PS (from post #523): Friedman said on 32 that talks are progressing w/ Pasta rock on
Jan. 15, 2023 at 12:19 a.m.
Respect Mike Grier
Quoting: McGruff
Next yr YTD:
BOS 12 players signed (w/ Zacha) for $61M CAP hit...
TML 11 players signed $71.5M Cap hit, and for spice

Vegas 20 players signed $89.4M Cap hit [sweet fancy Moses].

Your point is?

Signing Zacha (Czech) greases the wheels for Pasta's (Czech) 8 x 10MIL...

PS (from post #523): Friedman said on 32 that talks are progressing w/ Pasta rock on

Not sure what your getting at with Vegas $89.4M Cap Hit

The Ceiling next year for an Active NHL Roster of 20-23 Players is 83.5M. (Unless something changes)

Boston has about 4M in bonuses from Bergy + Krejci Contracts to pay next year. Also Pastrnak has every reason to walk to FA and Demand a Marner Contract. Teams arent gonna be nice to them when they're trying to move cap theyre gonna have to give up high capital and in doing so their already league worst Prospect pool will be essentially just be people with names. They also have to sign Swayman. Idk Personally I think theyre screwed.
Jan. 15, 2023 at 12:29 a.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Edited Jan. 15, 2023 at 12:47 a.m.
Quoting: ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR
Not sure what your getting at with Vegas $89.4M Cap Hit

The Ceiling next year for an Active NHL Roster of 20-23 Players is 83.5M. (Unless something changes)

Boston has about 4M in bonuses from Bergy + Krejci Contracts to pay next year. Also Pastrnak has every reason to walk to FA and Demand a Marner Contract. Teams arent gonna be nice to them when they're trying to move cap theyre gonna have to give up high capital and in doing so their already league worst Prospect pool will be essentially just be people with names. They also have to sign Swayman. Idk Personally I think theyre screwed.

Vegas is over CAP - but here they are playing hockey on my TV - sky's not falling yet.

Pasta:
He'll get $10MIL x 8 in BOS most likely and all any other clubs can only do is 7-yrs for one fact.

* Say if he get's $10MIL, BOS next yr will then be 13-players signed and @ $71.6MIL just like TML but with 2-more contracts - they seem to be doing OK...

He's not going anywhere.
He's the guy the fans come to see.
So even when the re-tool/re-build begins he'll get bums in seats and at least keep the owner happy-happy-happy.
Jan. 15, 2023 at 12:52 a.m.
Random night thought. Comparing nhl teams to nba teams

Golden state - Avalanche
Skill from top to bottom represents the new era and type of play in their respective leagues

Bucks - Tampa
Steady, well coached, complete lineup, good mix of defensive and offensive guys, young guys and vets, winning philosophy

Nets -leafs
Small core group of players that get most of the touches but dynamic, this year brought in good group of depth everyone’s contributing what they can but the core still dominates, looks to avenge past early playoff outs

Lakers - Oilers
Just cause if the Lebron - mcdavid comparison and not the best team built around the king. Playoff berth questionable for both

Grizzlies - Devils
Young teams taking over the league, exciting players, can they beat the juggernaut teams in the playoffs?

Celtics - Bruins
Full commitment to defense, Boston connection, has an edge to them, winning philosophy

Heat - Hurricanes
History of deep runs but current group hasn’t gotten it done yet. Well coached, has a star player (butler, aho) but considered not enough of a star to lead a team to win it all

Cavaliers - stars
Seemed like they were washed, vets not what they were, but young guys taking the reigns, defensive commitment, looks like a tough out in the playoffs

Clippers - Jets
Always predicted to make deep runs kept disappointing, injuries hindered the team the past couple years, media talks about locker room issues, look scary again

Bulls - Flames
Attempted a new “big 3” but disappointing, had a lot of expectations at the time, good individual pieces on the team, a little older

Nuggets/Mavs- Wild
Nice mix of young guys and vets, one huge star that brings the team together (jokic, Luka, Kaprizov)

76ers - Vegas
Drama, stars getting moved for stars, hurt feelings, crazy fans, big hype, high expectations sorta not but sorta are being met

Hawks - canucks
Odd moves, maybe should’ve rebuilt, continuing to add pieces, now considering rebuild, have some good players but the mix doesn’t work, league is watching to pull trigger on trades
Saskleaf and zk97 liked this.
Jan. 15, 2023 at 1:07 a.m.
Quoting: GarthBrooks

Golden state - Avalanche
Skill from top to bottom represents the new era and type of play in their respective leagues

Bucks - Tampa
Steady, well coached, complete lineup, good mix of defensive and offensive guys, young guys and vets, winning philosophy

Nets -leafs
Small core group of players that get most of the touches but dynamic, this year brought in good group of depth everyone’s contributing what they can but the core still dominates, looks to avenge past early playoff outs

Lakers - Oilers
Just cause if the Lebron - mcdavid comparison and not the best team built around the king. Playoff berth questionable for both

Grizzlies - Devils
Young teams taking over the league, exciting players, can they beat the juggernaut teams in the playoffs?

Celtics - Bruins
Full commitment to defense, Boston connection, has an edge to them, winning philosophy

Heat - Hurricanes
History of deep runs but current group hasn’t gotten it done yet. Well coached, has a star player (butler, aho) but considered not enough of a star to lead a team to win it all

Cavaliers - stars
Seemed like they were washed, vets not what they were, but young guys taking the reigns, defensive commitment, looks like a tough out in the playoffs

Clippers - Jets
Always predicted to make deep runs kept disappointing, injuries hindered the team the past couple years, media talks about locker room issues, look scary again

Bulls - Flames
Attempted a new “big 3” but disappointing, had a lot of expectations at the time, good individual pieces on the team, a little older

Nuggets/Mavs- Wild
Nice mix of young guys and vets, one huge star that brings the team together (jokic, Luka, Kaprizov)

76ers - Vegas
Drama, stars getting moved for stars, hurt feelings, crazy fans, big hype, high expectations sorta not but sorta are being met

Hawks - canucks
Odd moves, maybe should’ve rebuilt, continuing to add pieces, now considering rebuild, have some good players but the mix doesn’t work, league is watching to pull trigger on trades

Warriors-Avs

Both around .500 w/ a crap ton of injuries
GarthBrooks liked this.
Jan. 15, 2023 at 8:37 a.m.
stop daddy it hurts
According to CapFriendly, the Blackhawks have activated Patrick Kane. I'm surprised he's back so soon.
zk97 liked this.
Jan. 15, 2023 at 10:02 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: Sharkie69
According to CapFriendly, the Blackhawks have activated Patrick Kane. I'm surprised he's back so soon.

Pretty sure he played last night. Test must've been much better than anticipated, but I still believe he's playing hurt.
Jan. 15, 2023 at 2:10 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Interesting move
Hurricanes_WPG and zk97 liked this.
Jan. 15, 2023 at 2:27 p.m.
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Interesting move

Why? I imagine this means Husso’s done great but who’s their backup?
MatthewsFan and capsfan2121 liked this.
Jan. 15, 2023 at 2:29 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Lol not in a good way, I’m surprised
Jan. 15, 2023 at 2:42 p.m.
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Interesting move

But the canes made a huge mistake trading him and got fleeced right?

With Carolina’s defense you could probably put Hamilton the pig in net and he’d do just fine
Jan. 15, 2023 at 3:25 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Canesfan21_
But the canes made a huge mistake trading him and got fleeced right?

With Carolina’s defense you could probably put Hamilton the pig in net and he’d do just fine

You are not wrong

I feel like TBL are excellent at this as well
Jan. 15, 2023 at 4:10 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

hellberg i think
Jan. 15, 2023 at 5:24 p.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: GarthBrooks

Golden state - Avalanche

Bucks - Tampa

Nets -leafs

Lakers - Oilers

Grizzlies - Devils

Celtics - Bruins

Heat - Hurricanes

Cavaliers - stars

Clippers - Jets

Bulls - Flames

Nuggets/Mavs- Wild

76ers - Vegas

Hawks - canucks

Spurs: Blackhawks

Former dynasty getting started on a rebuild
GarthBrooks liked this.
Jan. 15, 2023 at 5:25 p.m.
Any trade interest in Sam Montembeault? He's looked really solid.
Jan. 15, 2023 at 5:29 p.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
Any trade interest in Sam Montembeault? He's looked really solid.

I can’t see the Habs moving Montembault right now, I’d rather not have Primeau in the NHL so we’d need a goalie back
capsfan2121, Brian2016 and zk97 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll