SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Minnesota Wild

Can Boldy play Center

Jan. 9, 2023 at 6:07 p.m.
The Wild are not my team i watch a lot but I think it is very known throughout the league they have the worst center depth in the NHL and Rossi has had a disappointing year. As someone who played NE Prep hockey, I remember Boldy was a center at Dexter however given the center depth at NTDP for the 2001s (Hughes, Turcotte, Zegras) he became a winger. Given his size and skating ability I have always wondered if they moved him to center with Kaprizov and finally give Kap an elite center to play with.
Jan. 15, 2023 at 9:03 p.m.
Quoting: TM11
The Wild are not my team i watch a lot but I think it is very known throughout the league they have the worst center depth in the NHL and Rossi has had a disappointing year. As someone who played NE Prep hockey, I remember Boldy was a center at Dexter however given the center depth at NTDP for the 2001s (Hughes, Turcotte, Zegras) he became a winger. Given his size and skating ability I have always wondered if they moved him to center with Kaprizov and finally give Kap an elite center to play with.

He gets a shift or two a game centering Kap/Zucc after PKs. So it is possible, but it's not great for the team overall if it's a full time thing.

Steel has been surprisingly competent centering Kap this year. Kap/Steel/Zucc is really the only line that has worked for MN, so no real need to tinker with it until it doesn't work anymore.

I'd rather see Boldy moved to JEE's line and see if that clicks before making other adjustments.
Jan. 16, 2023 at 7:44 p.m.
Steve Durbano Fan
Quoting: wabit
He gets a shift or two a game centering Kap/Zucc after PKs. So it is possible, but it's not great for the team overall if it's a full time thing.

Steel has been surprisingly competent centering Kap this year. Kap/Steel/Zucc is really the only line that has worked for MN, so no real need to tinker with it until it doesn't work anymore.

I'd rather see Boldy moved to JEE's line and see if that clicks before making other adjustments.

Steel was never used properly in Anaheim (but then again who does) so i knew he was a steal the moment Minny got him

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll