SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Will Evander Kane be traded?

Will he be traded​? If so, to what team and for what return?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 7, 2017 at 11:43 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: rmay50
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
If he is traded, Anaheim looks like the ideal trading partner. They could use another top six, scoring winger and have defensive assets that Buffalo could use (Vatanen/Manson).

If traded to Vancouver, that would just set Vancouver's rebuild back, because they wouldn't be good enough to make the playoffs, but they'd probably be too good to land a draft pick inside the top 5. I don't know if they have assets Buffalo would want. Tanev is overpayment and would require more from Buffalo, Edler has said he won't waive his NTC, and there aren't anymore viable defensive assets for Buffalo.

LA makes more sense than Vancouver, but I think Anaheim has the better defensive assets (Vatanen/Manson > Muzzin/McNabb).

Vatanen/Manson is not better than Muzzin/McNabb

Here's how i would rank those 4:

1. Muzzin (1/2 guy)
2. Vatanen (probably a #2 guy)
3. Manson (4/5 guy)
4. McNabb (Bottom pairing guy)
Jun. 8, 2017 at 12:43 a.m.
Oh Canada
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: krakowitz
We all saw how good Evander Kane can be when he's on his game. He went on some insane hot streak, and almost got 30 goals even though he missed 12 games. Probably can challenge for 35 goals if he plays a full season. While he's a good fit for the Ducks, I don't see a trade happening. But if there was a team to do it, I think it's the Ducks. However, Buffalo knows that this guy is a stud, and they want to keep him around. As long as he stays out of trouble off ice, he won't go anywhere. Buffalo will get him locked up if possible and they'll be set.

Yeah, that's why he doesn't get traded i think. They won't trade a guy like Kane for a 5th.

Obviously! Trading Kane for a 5th is like trading McDavid for a 3rd. A trade around Vatanen-Kane would be realistic, not a single person is saying his value is a 5th round pick.
Jun. 8, 2017 at 2:09 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: gojetsgo

Yeah, that's why he doesn't get traded i think. They won't trade a guy like Kane for a 5th.

Obviously! Trading Kane for a 5th is like trading McDavid for a 3rd. A trade around Vatanen-Kane would be realistic, not a single person is saying his value is a 5th round pick.

Trading Kane for a 5th is not like trading McDavid for a 3rd. Anyway, i agree they wouldn't trade him for a 4th or a 5th but i don't see any offers bigger than that ... maybe a team might offer a 3rd.
Jun. 8, 2017 at 2:27 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Edited Jun. 8, 2017 at 3:26 p.m.

Trading Kane for a 5th is not like trading McDavid for a 3rd. Anyway, i agree they wouldn't trade him for a 4th or a 5th but i don't see any offers bigger than that ... maybe a team might offer a 3rd.

I don't know if you know this, but just because he has had a bad attitude before doesn't mean that a 20-30 goal scorer who extremely physical and extremely fast, and that plays very well with Eichel is worth much more than a 3rd.

If the Sabres are trading Kane it will be for a top 4 defenseman or a top 6 defenseman and a few really good prospects for organizational depth.
Jun. 8, 2017 at 2:51 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Zach

I don't know if you know this, but just because he has had a bad attitude before doesn't mean that a 20-30 goal scorer who extremely physical and extremely fast, and that plays very well with Eichel is only worth a 3rd.

If the Sabres are trading Kane it will be for a top 4 defenseman or a top 6 defenseman and a few really good prospects for organizational depth.

Yeah, but they won't get that, and that's why i don't think he'll be traded.
Jun. 8, 2017 at 3:06 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: Zach

I don't know if you know this, but just because he has had a bad attitude before doesn't mean that a 20-30 goal scorer who extremely physical and extremely fast, and that plays very well with Eichel is only worth a 3rd.

Yeah, but they won't get that, and that's why i don't think he'll be traded.

Agreed, other teams don't want to take the risk with Kane.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit