SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 2023 Season Discussion (Part 3)

Jan. 30, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
When Lou pays that much for a player then an extensions next. Thats what Lou does

Look at Palmeier, Pageau, etc.

ok and what makes you so confident that a monster horvat extension will age all that well? On a career year, gonna ride that into getting a payday from someone if not the Isles, and then go back to his normal play (which is fine, but he'll be overpaid). Not sure I love those Palmieri and Pageau extensions look at the production for those cap hits, I wouldn't want those deals on my team.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 6:01 p.m.
A team like Boston would have offered more. Allvein should have waited for the bidding war as honestly if we look at the return for Bo, Canucks could have done better.

if boston was going to offer more they would have.

Or, maybe they realized the rental price was absurd and had concerns about if a Horvat extension would age terribly
Jan. 30, 2023 at 6:03 p.m.
A team like Boston would have offered more. Allvein should have waited for the bidding war as honestly if we look at the return for Bo, Canucks could have done better.

Like the only good piece is Raty thats it.

You amaze me
Jan. 30, 2023 at 6:16 p.m.
Amirov Forever

Like the only good piece is Raty thats it.

I thought for sure Vancouver would've gotten fleeced, but they won that trade. Raty and a first alone is fantastic, plus they add a solid roster player.
Saskleaf liked this.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 6:22 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Nathaniel
I thought for sure Vancouver would've gotten fleeced, but they won that trade. Raty and a first alone is fantastic, plus they add a solid roster player.

I actually thought Van was gonna get more

As 40 goal scoring top 9 C's at the TDL dont come along to often

Would have thought teams would be piling in for him

Guess Lou worked his magic to keep the price at the reasonable level

As Raty is nice future piece. The question then rises on Beau and the 1st as its top 12 protected.

But then again if Bo leaves the NYI would be pretty funny as Lou would have gave Raty for 3 months of Beau
Jan. 30, 2023 at 6:25 p.m.
Amirov Forever
I actually thought Van was gonna get more

As 40 goal scoring top 9 C's at the TDL dont come along to often

Would have thought teams would be piling in for him

Guess Lou worked his magic to keep the price at the reasonable level

As Raty is nice future piece. The question then rises on Beau and the 1st as its top 12 protected.

But then again if Bo leaves the NYI would be pretty funny as Lou would have gave Raty for 3 months of Beau

He's also having a huge statistical outlier of a season and is a pending UFA. Canucks got a lot of value here
leafs101 and oneX liked this.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 6:26 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
He's also having a huge statistical outlier of a season and is a pending UFA. Canucks got a lot of value here

Yea Raty's a good piece going back. Its Beau thats the big ? as man if he doesnt improve its just another underperforming wing that Allvein gonna go alright buyout or move on again

But hey with Beau its almost certain now Garlands getting moved lets see

Gonna be funny though if Bo leaves in FA though but knowing Lou thats not gonna happen
NorthernLeafsFan05 liked this.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 6:30 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Yea Raty's a good piece going back. Its Beau thats the big ? as man if he doesnt improve its just another underperforming wing that Allvein gonna go alright buyout or move on again

But hey with Beau its almost certain now Garlands getting moved lets see

Gonna be funny though if Bo leaves in FA though but knowing Lou thats not gonna happen

I really hope this is an indication of Garland getting moved, but his usage has increased under Tocchet so it's tough to say. Crossing my fingers he's still on the block
MatthewsFan and oneX liked this.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 6:32 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jan. 30, 2023 at 6:43 p.m.
I really hope this is an indication of Garland getting moved, but his usage has increased under Tocchet so it's tough to say. Crossing my fingers he's still on the block

Its all but a given one of Garland or Boeser is gone

As Van has 5.6 mill to extend Bear, Hoglander and fix their Dcore
Jan. 30, 2023 at 6:45 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
I hope Islanders do give a monster extension to Horvat so that Sorokin becomes available.

I'm drooling already
oneX liked this.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 6:49 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Trickster
I hope Islanders do give a monster extension to Horvat so that Sorokin becomes available.

I'm drooling already

Sorokin's getting extended lets not kid ourselves. Leafs couldn't do it anyways as we got Matthews and Nylander to worry about along with Sandin and Liligren and will probs be going with a Samsonov/Woll tandem
Jan. 30, 2023 at 6:52 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Sorokin's getting extended lets not kid ourselves. Leafs couldn't do it anyways as we got Matthews and Nylander to worry about along with Sandin and Liligren and will probs be going with a Samsonov/Woll tandem

Idk man.
I have to believe the Horvat number is gonna be close to 9 to 10 million per.
Where is the room to extend Sorokin?
oneX liked this.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 6:54 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jan. 30, 2023 at 7:00 p.m.
Idk man.
I have to believe the Horvat number is gonna be close to 9 to 10 million per.
Where is the room to extend Sorokin?

Horvats not making 9-10 lul. Its Lou hes gonna give him 8.5mill.

As if Horvat wants 9mill when ROR, Larkin, and other C's are available hes gonna end up like Klingberg

Isles also got cap space with guys like Bailey coming off the books. They can do it
Jan. 30, 2023 at 7:01 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Horvats not making 9-10 lul. Its Lou hes gonna give him 8.5mill.

As if Horvat wants 9mill when ROR, Larkin, and other C's are available hes gonna end up like Klingberg

I'll accept that too, by that I mean Horvat walking but Lou has rep of extending UFAs.

These all UFA years, Lou will have to pay.
oneX liked this.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 7:16 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

If this happens its 5D chess

Also credit to @MatthewsFan
Trickster liked this.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 7:46 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Also credit to MatthewsFan

Lol I appreciate this shout-outs but I’m just reposting what I see and like.

I spend wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much time on my phone
aadoyle, Saskleaf and Trickster liked this.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 7:49 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Lol I appreciate this shout-outs but I’m just reposting what I see and like.

I spend wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much time on my phone

Oh I would have never known to check Omar if u didnt. As he basically highlighted my point above of why Lou might break the hockey world. As imagine he extends Bo trades him with retention as u mentioned and gets more than what he paid

Like if SEA goes **** it we might see Horvat (with extension) bring in a certain someone from SEA
Saskleaf liked this.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 9:57 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
K so I tracked down the whole Garland buyout situation. It originated from Rick Dhaliwal and when I dug deeper on why they would do it

Well if they buyout Garland it falls under the 1/3 buyout so Van would have a cap hit of 1.889mill for 6 years
Trickster liked this.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 1:52 a.m.

Also credit to MatthewsFan

Not saying this won't happen but.. seeing as how rarely it does happen, I'm guessing it doesn't.

Would make Vancouver look very much out to lunch if this does happen. I guess after the Bruce stuff, this wouldn't be all that surprising.
Saskleaf and Trickster liked this.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 12:58 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
What if Vancouver flipped Beauviller?
Could he slot in for us?
Saskleaf liked this.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 1:26 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jan. 31, 2023 at 3:10 p.m.
Could he slot in for us?

No

He would basically be giving us more headaches than Kerfoot

As if we look rn

Kerfoot 7 goals 13 assists
Beau 9 goals 11 assists and is making almost 1mill more

Yes he has upside but honestly the last 2 years are giving me Kerfoot Vibes

As Kerfoot was good with the Avs came here and meh
Jan. 31, 2023 at 2:53 p.m.
Could he slot in for us?

If he’s retained, yes absolutely. He was a prime change of scenery candidate. Guy has a history of being able to put the puck in the net (scored at a 20 goal pace 4 times by age 24) and has shown an ability to produce in the playoffs. He’s one of my favourite targets. Really think he would do well here.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 3:57 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
If he’s retained, yes absolutely. He was a prime change of scenery candidate. Guy has a history of being able to put the puck in the net (scored at a 20 goal pace 4 times by age 24) and has shown an ability to produce in the playoffs. He’s one of my favourite targets. Really think he would do well here.

I wouldn’t be opposed to Kevin Labanc either. Can’t see him costing much (even with some retention)
download___2023_01_25T095303.371.png

There has been sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much thrown out there about the Leafs and what they might do.

The one thing I believe the most is, Keefe and co value Kerfoot and what he brings defensively. I don’t share their same desire but that’s whatever.

Friedman saying” I know the organization listens to Keefe on this kind of thing. They trust their coach and his opinion. My belief is before they move on from Kerfoot, they have to convince Keefe there are other options. I think they would like Holmberg to be one of those guys. They were really hoping Holmberg would be a player this year. Even though faceoffs are a bit of a struggle, he is showing he is going to be something. In Kerfoot’s case, in particular, I think they are going to have to convince Keefe that someone can do the job better.

I feel like Beauvillier or Leblanc could be those types of players Keefe would like. The only real caveat being both those guys don’t play the PK.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 5:03 p.m.
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I wouldn’t be opposed to Kevin Labanc either. Can’t see him costing much (even with some retention)
download___2023_01_25T095303.371.png

There has been sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much thrown out there about the Leafs and what they might do.

The one thing I believe the most is, Keefe and co value Kerfoot and what he brings defensively. I don’t share their same desire but that’s whatever.

Friedman saying” I know the organization listens to Keefe on this kind of thing. They trust their coach and his opinion. My belief is before they move on from Kerfoot, they have to convince Keefe there are other options. I think they would like Holmberg to be one of those guys. They were really hoping Holmberg would be a player this year. Even though faceoffs are a bit of a struggle, he is showing he is going to be something. In Kerfoot’s case, in particular, I think they are going to have to convince Keefe that someone can do the job better.

I feel like Beauvillier or Leblanc could be those types of players Keefe would like. The only real caveat being both those guys don’t play the PK.

Tbh, I neve really gave much consideration to Labanc. I can't even really explain why, it just for whatever reason didn't feel like a fit. But now that I've actually given it some thought it could make some sense if he's retained. If they decide to reshape the 3rd line I think that's where I'd like him best. To add to the Kerfoot thing though, I think part of what they value with him is the positional versatility, so I'm not sure that a like a Beau or Labanc would appease Keefe as a replacement.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 7:29 p.m.
Amirov Forever

Leafs scouting yet another Columbus game... Many insiders have begun reporting that Leafs are looking at adding a forward, so who could we be looking at? Outside of Jenner, I'd have little interest in any other CBJ forwards

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll