SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Polling fans of every team - Read Description - Pt 2

Jan. 20, 2023 at 1:10 p.m.
I'm gathering information about teams' situations ahead of the deadline for a project where I try and make deadline predictions for all 32 teams, and would really appreciate some information from you all about your favorite team. A big thank you to all those who commented last time!

As before, if you would want to provide some feedback, please comment below:
1. Your team
2. Whether your team is a buyer, seller, or something in-between
3. Your team's needs this deadline
4. Your team's potential trade chips this deadline

Note: Ignore the trades where I just shuffle around some 7th round picks, those are just to get people to visit this page

Thank you again in advance and cheers!
Jan. 20, 2023 at 1:22 p.m.
Tspky
NYR - Buyer - Top 6 RW (one of Kane or Tarasenko), Upgrade 3rd LHD (Gavrikov would be obvious choice but too expensive) - Cuylle, Zac Jones, 1st rounders (2 in 2023), 2nd round pick (2023).
KrakenTheCode liked this.
Jan. 20, 2023 at 1:52 p.m.
wings: sellers
Goal: Prospects or picks. Good young players.
Trade chips:
Tier 1) Perron? (Not a rental, retention available, 2 yrs, playoff guy gms love)
Tier 2) Maatta (extremely solid defensively, can play top4), Tyler Bertuzzi (would be tier 1 If he wasn’t injured so often this year. Great in your face guy who scores in the top six)
Depth) Erne, Sunny, Pius Suter, depth defensemen

What I fear most: Dylan larkin
Jan. 20, 2023 at 2:31 p.m.
Quoting: KrakenTheCode
I'm gathering information about teams' situations ahead of the deadline for a project where I try and make deadline predictions for all 32 teams, and would really appreciate some information from you all about your favorite team. A big thank you to all those who commented last time!

1. Sabres
2. In-Between (Lean Buyer)
3. Starting Goalie, big-body depth defenseman,
4. Olofsson and any prospects except Savoie/Kulich/Levi. Portillo or Johnson are firmly on the trade block.
Jan. 20, 2023 at 2:36 p.m.
cautious optimism
I'm gathering information about teams' situations ahead of the deadline for a project where I try and make deadline predictions for all 32 teams, and would really appreciate some information from you all about your favorite team. A big thank you to all those who commented last time!!

1. Blue Jackets
2. Seller
3. Top-line center, defensive defenceman
4. Vladislav Gavrikov, Joonas Korpisalo, Gustav Nyquist
Jan. 20, 2023 at 2:49 p.m.
Montreal, seller

Needs: more young players/bodies to replace the outgoing ones

On the market: Dadonov, Drouin, Hoffman, Edmundson, Monahan, Anderson
KrakenTheCode and zk97 liked this.
Jan. 20, 2023 at 3:25 p.m.
do not Devil my ass
Devils.
Stand pat (maybe lean buyer).
None really.
Bahl, Walsh and any non 1st rd picks (though I can't see them trading for much of anything between now and TDL).
KrakenTheCode and Devil liked this.
Jan. 20, 2023 at 3:54 p.m.
torontos finest
Leafs are buyers. It's very likely every team they face in the playoffs will have had a winning percentage of over 0.600 regardless of how far they go.

I think their first need would be someone who can play third line center. Getting a player that can make that line a threat in the playoffs will take off a lot of pressure on the top two lines, and pushes Kampf down to the fourth. Second would be an impactful winger who can score or produce offensively.

Leafs trading chips are obviously the firsts, as well as Minten, Hirvonen, Niemelä and Villeneuve. Lastly is Knies, but a significant player would need to be on the return in order for the Leafs to give him up.
Jan. 20, 2023 at 4:09 p.m.
Respect Mike Grier

As before, if you would want to provide some feedback, please comment below:
1. Your team

Note: Ignore the trades where I just shuffle around some 7th round picks, those are just to get people to visit this page

Thank you again in advance and cheers!

Philadelphia Flyers
Seller
Needs - 2023 Picks, Young RHD with TOP 4 Potential, Top 6 Scoring/Playmaking Talent

Trade Chips:
Kevin Hayes(Possible Retention)
James Van Riemsdyk
Justin Braun
Nick Seeler
Zach Macewen
Ivan Provorov(Has to be right Deal)
Jan. 20, 2023 at 4:45 p.m.
NJD

Definite Buyers

Needs: Bottom Six Physicality and Experience; Defensive Depth.

Potential Targets: Nick Ritchie; Nick Bjugstad; Gustav Nyquist.

Potential Trade Chips: Draft Picks and 'B' Level Prospects.

While the Devils will certainly be buyers at the TDL, I don't expect them to trade any 1st round picks or top prospects. They'll look to bolster their depth, similar to what they did in 2018 when they added Pat Maroon and Michael Grabner. They definitely need another top six Winger, but I don't see them overpaying for Vladimir Tarasenko or Patrick Kane. I haven't looked at potential defensive depth, but I'm sure the Devils will looking for a bottom pair, physical D.
KrakenTheCode and Devil liked this.
Jan. 20, 2023 at 7:44 p.m.
WentWughes
1. Your team
- Montreal

- Hardcore Seller

- Young NHL Players
- Future high end draft picks
- Depth to fill out the team and the lower leagues

- Joel Edmundson
- Josh Anderson
- Evgeni Dadonov
- Jonathan Drouin
- Mike Hoffman
- Rem Pitlick
- Chris Widemen
- Jake Allen
- Cap Space
Jan. 20, 2023 at 11:05 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Tintin
Devils.
Stand pat (maybe lean buyer).
None really.
Bahl, Walsh and any non 1st rd picks (though I can't see them trading for much of anything between now and TDL).

Quoting: Brian2016
NJD

Definite Buyers

Needs: Bottom Six Physicality and Experience; Defensive Depth.

Potential Targets: Nick Ritchie; Nick Bjugstad; Gustav Nyquist.

Potential Trade Chips: Draft Picks and 'B' Level Prospects.

While the Devils will certainly be buyers at the TDL, I don't expect them to trade any 1st round picks or top prospects. They'll look to bolster their depth, similar to what they did in 2018 when they added Pat Maroon and Michael Grabner. They definitely need another top six Winger, but I don't see them overpaying for Vladimir Tarasenko or Patrick Kane. I haven't looked at potential defensive depth, but I'm sure the Devils will looking for a bottom pair, physical D.

JVR would be a good target
Brian2016 liked this.
Jan. 21, 2023 at 8:08 a.m.
I concur with what @Tintin @Brian2016 @Devil have said above.

Team: NJ Devils

Buyer vs Seller: Mixed
-- (1) At deadline - Lean Buyer. Still a young, developing team with GM who prefers to build in off-season. We're likely to add a minor piece or two to address depth (or injuries).
-- (2) In Off-season - Aggressive Buyer

Needs at deadline:
-- (1) Net-front, Interior forward, who can tip, deflect, screen, clean up rebounds, score from in-close (Palat & Bastian returning from injuries may fill this need)
-- (2) Depth

Needs in off-season:
-- (1) A Jesper Bratt extension (1st priority)
-- (2) Add one top-6 winger
-- (3) A defensive 3C (Mercer is an option, but appears they prefer him in more offensive role on wing)
-- (4) A big, physical winger (maybe Miles Wood extension)
-- (5) A top-4 dman (very well could come from extension of Graves or Severson; also have prospects Hughes, Nemec, Mukhamadullin that could be working into lineup)
-- (6) Maybe a change in goal (Blackwood out maybe, Daws or Schmid are options internally)

Potential Trade Chips - Deadline
-- (1) any and all picks (likely to be mid picks)
-- (2) possibly Damon Severson if its a 'Hockey trade' that helps us this year and next (he likely stays as an 'own rental')
-- (3) possibly a couple of prospects that will lose their wavier exemption next year (Reilly Walsh, Kevin Bahl, Noaln Foote).
-- (4) Andreas Johnsson

Potential Trade Chips - Off-season - Roster
-- (1) Roster untouchables - Hughes, Hischier, Bratt, Mercer, Palat, Siegenthaler, Hamilton
-- (2) Roster available only in right trades - Sharangovich, McLeod, Bastian, Marino
-- (3) Roster available UFA rights - Tatar, Haula, Wood, Johnsson, Severson, Graves, Bernier (NJD likely to extend one of the dmen)
-- (4) Roster available with term - Boqvist, Zetterlund, Smith, Bahl, Okhotiuk, Blackwood

Potential Trade Chips - Off-season - Prospects
-- (1) Prospect untouchables - Holtz, Hughes, Nemec
-- (2) Prospects available only in right trades - Gritsyuk, Filmon, Salminen, Bardakov, Hauser, Mukhamadullin, Casey, Vilen, Leddy
-- (3) Prospects available with possible expiring rights - Moynihan, Pasic, McCarthy
-- (4) Prospects available - Foote, Thompson, Clarke, Stillman, Shlaine, Walsh, Vukojevich, Edwards, Hurtig
Brian2016, KrakenTheCode and Devil liked this.
Jan. 23, 2023 at 10:59 a.m.
stop daddy it hurts
1. Sharks
2. BIG SELLER
3. Picks and Prospects
4. Mainly Timo Meier, but Erik Karlsson could get a deal.
Jan. 24, 2023 at 8:58 p.m.
1. Your team
Arizona Coyotes

Seller with one of the most valuable assets on the market

Picks in the high rounds and young NHL players as opposed to prospects. If it is prospects, defensemen would be the priority.

In order of value:
A) Jakob Chychrun is the massive one. Guy is good offensively and defensively which makes him very valuable. The asking price has been 2 firsts and an A tier prospect which I do think gets met at the deadline.
B) Shayne Gostisbehere is interesting because he is a UFA and if we were to retain 50% would only be 2.25M for a 50-60 point Dman. That sounds like it would be very valuable but he makes so many stupid turnovers and mistakes in his own zone that it really brings his value down. I would say a 2nd/3rd and a couple of late rounders should get the job done if we choose not to re-sign him.
C)Nick Bjugstad has been fantastic for us. Great leader, knack for big goals, can play anywhere in the forward lineup, great at faceoffs, he is the ideal deadline pickup that a lot of teams look for. He is also a cheap UFA (900K). It's probably my bias as a fan but depending on the market I could see a team giving a 2nd for him straight up.
D)Josh Brown is apparently being looked at by other teams? I read it from Elliotte Friedman but if a team wants to trade for him they are more than welcome to. 1.275M for this season and the next, very physical defensemen so maybe a 4th at most, I really don't see why anyone would trade for him, he's not very good.
E)our two UFAs, Troy Stecher (1.25M) and Nick Ritchie (2.5M). At most I could see a 4th but it would most likely be a 6th or something like that.
Bonus: Cap Space; with 17.5M in cap (and potentially more depending on who gets sold) we could easily particpate as a 3rd team to make salary work in a trade and get assets that way.

Hope this helps!
Saskleaf and KrakenTheCode liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll