Forums/Armchair-GM

Greig Nation

Created by: Claesson4Norris
Team: 2022-23 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 23, 2023
Published: Jan. 23, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Idk if Zub is back, but it's either him or Zaitsev coming in and I outright refuse to put Zaitsev in my lineup.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$79,244,881$0$4,025,000$3,255,119
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$8,205,714$8,205,714
LW
UFA - 6
$7,950,000$7,950,000
C
UFA - 8
$2,950,000$2,950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$6,400,000$6,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
C
RFA - 1
$4,975,000$4,975,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$821,667$821,667
C, RW
RFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
UFA - 6
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,666,667$3,666,667
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LD
UFA - 2
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$950,000$950,000
C
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 23, 2023 at 10:36 a.m.
... We're a "Team"..
"Greig demoted to the NHL to play with Kastelic and Kelly on the 4th line. Noted finisher Dylan Gambrell moved up to 2nd line to play with Stutzle and DeBrincat."

In all seriousness, I'm excited to see what he can do. I'm also partial to scratching Batherson and calling up Sokolov to see what he can do.
Jan. 23, 2023 at 10:37 a.m.
Nevermind. It's Norris hurt, because Pierre Dorion is a cowardly oaf who rushed him back to save his job.
Green4D4 and athrin liked this.
Jan. 23, 2023 at 10:47 a.m.
... We're a "Team"..
Just end the season.

Quoting: Claesson4Norris
Nevermind. It's Norris hurt, because Pierre Dorion is a cowardly oaf who rushed him back to save his job.
Jan. 23, 2023 at 11:34 a.m.
Quoting: Green4D4
Just end the season.

I want to kms
Jan. 23, 2023 at 11:34 a.m.

Should have just gotten the surgery in the first place.

Garrioach is reporting they are butting Greig right in as 2C we will see how it goes. i am curious.
Jan. 23, 2023 at 2:19 p.m.
Quoting: NDoody
Should have just gotten the surgery in the first place.

Garrioach is reporting they are butting Greig right in as 2C we will see how it goes. i am curious.

I don't think there's any inherent problems going rehab vs surgery. McDavid rehabbed his PCL and came back better than ever, while likely extending his shelf life long term compared to going the surgery route.

The problem is that they rushed him back WAY too soon. He literally wasn't allowed to take faceoffs because they were worried about him hurting himself, it's no wonder his shoulder wasn't able to hold up to NHL game reps. They rushed him in because Pierre Dorion wants to be a buyer at the deadline, but the team sucks so it makes no sense.

The Sens medical staff should be under investigation at this point, they have shown time and again that they don't put players first. Go back and read that story from Anders Nilsson about how his concussions were handed. Or Jared Cowen's career ending hip injury that went ignored until he got to Toronto. Or Hammond's untreated issue (also hip related I believe). Either they are not good at their job, or they are allowing higher ups to influence medical decisions, either way its a huge problem. Another department to be rebuilt from the ground up once this team is sold.
NDoody liked this.
Jan. 23, 2023 at 2:33 p.m.
I don't think there's any inherent problems going rehab vs surgery. McDavid rehabbed his PCL and came back better than ever, while likely extending his shelf life long term compared to going the surgery route.

The problem is that they rushed him back WAY too soon. He literally wasn't allowed to take faceoffs because they were worried about him hurting himself, it's no wonder his shoulder wasn't able to hold up to NHL game reps. They rushed him in because Pierre Dorion wants to be a buyer at the deadline, but the team sucks so it makes no sense.

The Sens medical staff should be under investigation at this point, they have shown time and again that they don't put players first. Go back and read that story from Anders Nilsson about how his concussions were handed. Or Jared Cowen's career ending hip injury that went ignored until he got to Toronto. Or Hammond's untreated issue (also hip related I believe). Either they are not good at their job, or they are allowing higher ups to influence medical decisions, either way its a huge problem. Another department to be rebuilt from the ground up once this team is sold.

Unfortunately, it seems like the rushing and lack of good medical staff is an issue with several teams right now. Look at Vancouver and the Person issue, a broken hand needing 3 surgeries and more than half a season to rehab doesn't add up a broken hand should be 6 weeks.

I would question the medical staff now, but I also have very good reason to believe that it will be greatly upgraded when the new owners come in so that will get resolved.
Jan. 23, 2023 at 2:54 p.m.
Unfortunately, it seems like the rushing and lack of good medical staff is an issue with several teams right now. Look at Vancouver and the Person issue, a broken hand needing 3 surgeries and more than half a season to rehab doesn't add up a broken hand should be 6 weeks.

I would question the medical staff now, but I also have very good reason to believe that it will be greatly upgraded when the new owners come in so that will get resolved.

I've got a lot riding on the new owner. If this turns out to be some small b billionaire making a vanity purchase so he brag about owning an NHL team at the Country Club, I might put myself in the ground. They need Mr. Moneybags
Jan. 23, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
I've got a lot riding on the new owner. If this turns out to be some small b billionaire making a vanity purchase so he brag about owning an NHL team at the Country Club, I might put myself in the ground. They need Mr. Moneybags

From what I have read online there is a lot of big-time Businessmen Billionaires involved, with as many as 10 groups getting access to the books this week.
the most interesting is that Ryan Reynolds is now in the process of selling his mint mobile to T-mobile so he would have enough money to make a bid with him and his company the MAJORITY owners. This would be huge because of the sponsorships and he would care about the team and make real difference. It would also in his ownership have a clause that the league will allow him and his production company to make a show following the behind-the-scenes like his football club show. Normally this would never happen but the league is bending over backward to get him involved in any way possible.
Jan. 23, 2023 at 4:18 p.m.
From what I have read online there is a lot of big-time Businessmen Billionaires involved, with as many as 10 groups getting access to the books this week.
the most interesting is that Ryan Reynolds is now in the process of selling his mint mobile to T-mobile so he would have enough money to make a bid with him and his company the MAJORITY owners. This would be huge because of the sponsorships and he would care about the team and make real difference. It would also in his ownership have a clause that the league will allow him and his production company to make a show following the behind-the-scenes like his football club show. Normally this would never happen but the league is bending over backward to get him involved in any way possible.

Reynolds doesn't have majority owner money. He could liquidate all of his assets and not scratch the surface of the team's 800mil valuation. Even if he has the money to be a majority owner, he would be leveraging nearly his entire financial portfolio to make it happen, and that's without giving thought to the tens of millions it takes to actually run an NHL team every year. He simply doesn't have that kind of scratch, which is why he's been looking to partner with some real rich ****s to make it happen. In the Welcome to Wrexham style documentary about the Ottawa Senators, Ryan Reynolds is Rob McElhinney, not Ryan Reynolds. I'd be surprised if he even ended up as a 20% stakeholder.

Fortunately, what Reynolds brings to the table isn't his financial might, it's the Ryan Reynolds brand. Ryan Reynolds is going to grow the Sens into one of the top international NHL teams, based solely on his name being attached to it, because people cannot get enough of him. He's also going to be invaluable in raising the standing of the organization within the league itself. Gary Bettman has been rock hard since the moment he first got wind that Ryan Reynolds wanted in on the Sens. A HUGE A list celebrity buys an NHL team and the league is gonna market the sh*t out of them. They'll be hosting drafts, and all-star games, players like Stützle and Tkachuk are going to be used heavily in marketing materials, and frankly I think there's a pretty good chance the league will straight up rig the lottery to put Ryan Reynolds on stage drafting 1st overall. The Crosby draft saved the Penguins franchise from bankruptcy, and the Matthews draft brought the biggest team in the league from a generation of being terrible all the way to a generation of mediocrity. I detest sports betting, but dropping a fiver on the Sens drafting 1st seems like pretty good money to me.
NDoody liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll