1. Niemelä, Topi
  2. Voit, Ty
  3. 2023 1st round pick (TOR)
  4. 2024 1st round pick (TOR)
  5. 2024 2nd round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. Roy, Matt ($1,575,000 retained)
TOR
    (Happy Kings Fans?, This is for retaining 1.575 on Roy)
    ARI
    1. 2024 5th round pick (TOR)
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    20$83,500,000$79,976,283$0$0$3,523,717
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $3,580,000$3,580,000
    LW
    UFA - 3
    $11,640,250$11,640,250
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $6,962,366$6,962,366
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 8
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $10,903,000$10,903,000
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $899,000$899,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    C
    UFA - 4
    $2,100,000$2,100,000
    RW, C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $762,500$762,500
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    C, LW
    RFA - 2
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $7,500,000$7,500,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $1,400,000$1,400,000
    RD
    RFA - 1
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $1,400,000$1,400,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
    $1,575,000$1,575,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $766,667$766,667
    G
    RFA - 2
    $800,000$800,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    RD
    RFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $5,625,000$5,625,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jan. 23, 2023 at 2:51 p.m.
    Let me get this right. You want the Kings to trade you the better, more cost effective, younger, actually healthy player 1 for 1. And you want the Kings to retain half to make your cap work?

Pass me what you're on, brother, I could use it to get through this work day.
    Saskleaf liked this.
    Jan. 23, 2023 at 3:07 p.m.
    DougieWilsonNOT
    I love both trades. I think that's great value for Meier. And in the 2nd trade you screw over the kings. Deal!
    Jan. 23, 2023 at 3:08 p.m.
    Go leafs go
    Quoting: PuckLuck_77
    Let me get this right. You want the Kings to trade you the better, more cost effective, younger, actually healthy player 1 for 1. And you want the Kings to retain half to make your cap work?

Yah, I think I’m higher on Brodie than most, he’s probably similar on ice to Roy. You might say Roy’s better but even if he’s not, this deal makes no sense for the kings since Roy is younger and on a better contract. And this guy want the kings to retain 50%? Absolutely no way the kings even consider it.
    Jan. 23, 2023 at 3:32 p.m.
    Quoting: Saskleaf
    Yah, I think I’m higher on Brodie than most, he’s probably similar on ice to Roy. You might say Roy’s better but even if he’s not, this deal makes no sense for the kings since Roy is younger and on a better contract. And this guy want the kings to retain 50%? Absolutely no way the kings even consider it.

1.5 Mil for 1 year isn’t deadly I’m sure multiple teams would be perfectly fine taking up that retention for a pick, also Brodie is a Top shutdown D that can play either side, Particularly the Left side that the Kings have wanted to find someone for, Roy (in this scenario) has 1 year left, Please explain why this is so far fetched
    Jan. 23, 2023 at 3:38 p.m.

I seriously don’t understand what is so far fetched here, Roy is an expiring UFA with 1 year left & so is Brodie, 1.575 is literal peanuts to retain. Brodie can play Left or Right & is a premier Shutdown RD, his defensive metrics are phenomenal & he again has 1 year left while fitting an express need for the Kings at LD.

Also according to every graph or piece of data in existence, MATT ROY IS NOT BETTER DEFENSIVELY THAN TJ BRODIE

Why is this so far fetched?, It makes sense both ways & you can most likely sign Roy after the Year is up so why are you so upset, Leafs can go trade for a guy like McCabe at 50% if your panties are in that massive of a bunch from this, I believe several teams will be interested in Brodie if he were to hit the market so it’s a matter of finding a suitor & getting a cheaper rental D-man back in the 2-3 mil range
    Jan. 23, 2023 at 3:54 p.m.
    Go leafs go
    Quoting: T0R
    1.5 Mil for 1 year isn’t deadly I’m sure multiple teams would be perfectly fine taking up that retention for a pick, also Brodie is a Top shutdown D that can play either side, Particularly the Left side that the Kings have wanted to find someone for, Roy (in this scenario) has 1 year left, Please explain why this is so far fetched

As I said, they are similar players except for cap hit. And in this scenario they are getting someone payed 3 times as much if you count retention. Why would the kings do this? You mention that Brodie can play RD, but LDs are way easier to find than RDs, if they really want a LD they can acquire one without giving up Roy.
    Jan. 23, 2023 at 3:57 p.m.
    As I said, they are similar players except for cap hit. And in this scenario they are getting someone payed 3 times as much if you count retention. Why would the kings do this? You mention that Brodie can play RD, but LDs are way easier to find than RDs, if they really want a LD they can acquire one without giving up Roy.

They both have 1 year left, that’s what i don’t understand, retention isn’t even done by the Kings in this scenario, a Great Shutdown D-Man who can play either side isn’t far fetched. I understand the Leafs get the better end of this deal but I don’t see the kings getting shafted either, Spence jumps into Roys spot without hesitation & Brodie can move to either side meaning now Durzi can go back to his strong side. This doesn’t look as one sided as people are making it look but idk ig i’m just “Delusional”
    Saskleaf liked this.
    Jan. 23, 2023 at 3:58 p.m.
    I seriously don’t understand what is so far fetched here, Roy is an expiring UFA with 1 year left & so is Brodie, 1.575 is literal peanuts to retain. Brodie can play Left or Right & is a premier Shutdown RD, his defensive metrics are phenomenal & he again has 1 year left while fitting an express need for the Kings at LD.

Also according to every graph or piece of data in existence, MATT ROY IS NOT BETTER DEFENSIVELY THAN TJ BRODIE

Why is this so far fetched?, It makes sense both ways & you can most likely sign Roy after the Year is up so why are you so upset, Leafs can go trade for a guy like McCabe at 50% if your panties are in that massive of a bunch from this, I believe several teams will be interested in Brodie if he were to hit the market so it’s a matter of finding a suitor & getting a cheaper rental D-man back in the 2-3 mil range

Go ahead and trade for Jake McCabe then, that's no skin off my back. I just simply pointed out why the Kings wouldn't do it from their point of view.

I'm at work, so I'm trying to look up some evolving hockey graphs to compare stats and it's going slow. My opinion on Roy being better is admittedly off of the eye-ball test as opposed to factual data. I'm curious to see what the numbers look like, with the automatic caveat that Toronto is a much better team than LA currently, so their numbers are going to look better overall.

Outside of the "better" argument, the other points are factual. Roy is younger, more cost effective, and actually healthy. All reasons why he currently would have more value, and especially reasons why the Kings wouldn't retain just to help Toronto fit in a player so they could be harder to beat. That's not how teams operate.

I'll give you that Brodie's a lefty and the Kings need a lefty. But they aren't trading Roy for him. If Brodie gets healthy and shows he's still playing up to a certain standard, maybe the Kings would entertain Sean Walker for him 1-for-1, no retention anywhere, if none of their other options pan out. That's the best you're getting from LA.
    Saskleaf liked this.
    Jan. 23, 2023 at 4:05 p.m.
    Go ahead and trade for Jake McCabe then, that's no skin off my back. I just simply pointed out why the Kings wouldn't do it from their point of view.

I'm at work, so I'm trying to look up some evolving hockey graphs to compare stats and it's going slow. My opinion on Roy being better is admittedly off of the eye-ball test as opposed to factual data. I'm curious to see what the numbers look like, with the automatic caveat that Toronto is a much better team than LA currently, so their numbers are going to look better overall.

Outside of the "better" argument, the other points are factual. Roy is younger, more cost effective, and actually healthy. All reasons why he currently would have more value, and especially reasons why the Kings wouldn't retain just to help Toronto fit in a player so they could be harder to beat. That's not how teams operate.

I'll give you that Brodie's a lefty and the Kings need a lefty. But they aren't trading Roy for him. If Brodie gets healthy and shows he's still playing up to a certain standard, maybe the Kings would entertain Sean Walker for him 1-for-1, no retention anywhere, if none of their other options pan out. That's the best you're getting from LA.

THAT’s THE SCENARIO IT’S THIS OFFSEASON NOT RIGHT NOW FFS, This takes in the idea of Brodie coming back & staying healthy the whole rest of the season (which isn’t a tall ask), his standard is sublime by the fact he is always part of the best pair in xGA no matter his partner & no matter the side.

I appreciate the critique but to think it’s so far fetched is just wrong when the precedent of the trade is this offseason, obviously if Brodie is injured that plays a massive variable in any trade made. As for Roy i don’t see your massive like fetish for him, he’s good don’t get me wrong & he has a nice deal but in the last year of his deal (his cost effectiveness is not looking as good as it did when there was term cause i doubt he takes a similar contract in LA or wherever he goes.As for his metrics he isn’t Top percentile or Top 20-30 D-men in the league on most lists but That’s just my opinion i feel you overrate him slightly just from the eye test(which i completely understand but the eye test is just one half of how i judge players)
    Jan. 23, 2023 at 4:50 p.m.
    Go leafs go
    They both have 1 year left, that’s what i don’t understand, retention isn’t even done by the Kings in this scenario, a Great Shutdown D-Man who can play either side isn’t far fetched. I understand the Leafs get the better end of this deal but I don’t see the kings getting shafted either, Spence jumps into Roys spot without hesitation & Brodie can move to either side meaning now Durzi can go back to his strong side. This doesn’t look as one sided as people are making it look but idk ig i’m just “Delusional”

Ok I just realized it is an off-season deal and not right now, that’s my bad. I don’t think it’s completely out to lunch but I still don’t see the incentive from the kings POV. How about having the coyotes retain half of Brodies contract instead of half of Roy’s (and Toronto pays the coyotes a mid round pick)? Because now LA has a reason to do it, it clears cap for both teams and at that point you might be looking at a realistic deal.
    Jan. 23, 2023 at 5:07 p.m.
    Ok I just realized it is an off-season deal and not right now, that’s my bad. I don’t think it’s completely out to lunch but I still don’t see the incentive from the kings POV. How about having the coyotes retain half of Brodies contract instead of half of Roy’s (and Toronto pays the coyotes a mid round pick)? Because now LA has a reason to do it, it clears cap for both teams and at that point you might be looking at a realistic deal.

Now That could actually could work
    Saskleaf liked this.
    Jan. 23, 2023 at 5:18 p.m.
    Go leafs go
    Now That could actually could work

I think the main hurtle is cap space so if both teams are clearing cap I don’t see why it wouldn’t work
    T0R liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll