Quoting: SevenLeg
Oilers paid for Chiarelli

Even more laughs about him

At least the islanders didn’t pay for Mike Milbury
Jan. 31, 2023 at 9:33 p.m.
Alex Bump Truther
Quoting: UpsideDownQue
vyPM0SKl.png

Yeah thats surprising. The defensive boost came out of nowhere. By WAR it looks like hes being carried by Nick Seeler a bit (his most common D partner), who is in the 96th percentile in EV Defensive WAR/60. The Seeler-Ristolainen pair actually has strong xGF% and GF%, while Seeler's and Ristolainen's other pairings have pretty poor xGF% and GF% rates. Maybe its just a chemistry thing where Seeler and Risto's play styles complement each other?

Whats weird is that Risto has one of the best xGA/60 rates on the team but when it comes to actual goals his GA/60 rate is one of the worst on the team

Its been a mix of Risto being sheltered, but he's also simplified his game and focused on making the Simple play. He's played well and deserves his credit though. I don't think Seeler has really carried him either I just think they work well together in their limited minutes.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 9:38 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Quoting: IconicHawk
Even more laughs about him

At least the islanders didn’t pay for Mike Milbury

Oh they paid!!
LOL
Jan. 31, 2023 at 9:47 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Kings late game meltdown, 4-unanswered, is complete!
Stick a fork in 'em they're done for tonight...
Jan. 31, 2023 at 10:06 p.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
RHP has 5 Goals in 7 Games since being called up

RHP, the new Gallagher to replace our rusty, breaking down Gallagher
zk97 liked this.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 10:15 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
RHP, the new Gallagher to replace our rusty, breaking down Gallagher

👌

zk97 liked this.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 11:50 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Saskleaf and zk97 liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 1:08 a.m.
Quoting: MatthewsFan

There's no way some random shootout goal in a 0-0 game between Pittsburgh and Montreal is the first thing that came to mind for the NHL 💀💀 Like I can think of two SHOOTOUTS that woulda been better (first ever between Sens/Leafs and the Marek Malik goal). Then you get into the whole realizing the lockout was actually a thing that was happening, the Bertuzzi-Moore incident, the Sakic-Bourque cup pass, and those are only the first things that come to mind in the 21st century without doubling up on reasons (panic, outrage, wholesome).
Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 1:12 a.m.
to be banned soon

gretzky trade fs
Saskleaf, mokumboi, zk97 and 3 others liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 1:43 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Alfie11
There's no way some random shootout goal in a 0-0 game between Pittsburgh and Montreal is the first thing that came to mind for the NHL 💀💀 Like I can think of two SHOOTOUTS that woulda been better (first ever between Sens/Leafs and the Marek Malik goal). Then you get into the whole realizing the lockout was actually a thing that was happening, the Bertuzzi-Moore incident, the Sakic-Bourque cup pass, and those are only the first things that come to mind in the 21st century without doubling up on reasons (panic, outrage, wholesome).

Some random goal eh. For starters, the game was tied 2-2 at the end of overtime, the game went to a shootout. It was the the first shootout in franchise history for Montreal. The franchise that drafted Crosby’s father, Sidney’s boyhood favourite team growing up. His rookie season. Crosby’s first game against a Canadian team.

Yes, I do believe this would have blown up on Twitter.

But
giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95247d3df638a7d3f28d1f37f6d6bfe1165e9cf3a76&rid=giphy.webp&ct=g
justaBoss, A_Habs_fan and zk97 liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 8:53 a.m.
cautious optimism
Bobcat’s Post Game Notes, Game 51

Jackets lose, 4-3 in overtime against the Washington Capitals.

-Our last game before the All-Star Break. If you’re waiting for the notes for the Seattle and Vancouver games, they’re not coming. I didn’t catch a single bit of either game. I don’t want to write a review of a game I saw nothing of.

-Welcome back, Marcus Bjork! He’s been doing pretty okay in Cleveland lately, good to see him back in the lineup.

-Very early PP for us. Marcus Johansson holds Erik Gudbranson. Let’s see if we do something with this…

-…we do not. A few shots, but nothing real comes of it. Just like normal…

-Instead of describing the 1-0 goal, I leave you with what Bob said immediately afterwards:

“Garnet Hathaway. Who is this guy? Well, he’s a guy that scores against the Blue Jackets. A LOT.”

I couldn’t have put it any other way.

-Coincidental slashing penalties: Evgeni Kuznetsov for Washington, Kent Johnson for us. I’m listening to the game on the radio, so I’m just going to assume that they had a lightsaber fight with their sticks.

-Not even before those coincidental penalties ended, another two coincidental penalties happened: Conor Sheary for tripping, and Vladdy for… embellishment. That’s somewhat hard to believe.

-All four of those penalties were killed off, but a few minutes afterwards Trevor van Riemsdyk takes a snapper that beats Korpi. 2-0 now. UGH.

-COLUMBUS CLAPS RIGHT THE F*CK BACK. Andrew Peeke gets a feed at the point and buries it behind Chuckie Sideburns to put us back within one!

-First period was very up-and-down. One minute we looked fine, the other, it was terrible. Let's get more consistent in P2.

-Martin Fehervary cross-checks Sean Kuraly, and Mathieu Olivier descends upon him to kick his *ss. Coincidental penalties once again. I love this. NOT.

-..TVR scores again after the penalty dies to put the Caps up 3-1. Yep, this is what i feared: Quicksand again.

-BACK TO WITHIN ONE AGAIN, SCORED BY ERIC ROBINSON! I really want to see him score more. He's been working his ass off recently, so he deserves it.

-MUCH BETTER SECOND PERIOD. SO MUCH BETTER. Now, let's tie this motherf*cker up and send the home crowd home happy.

-Kirill Marchenko hooks former Blue Jacket Sonny Milano two minutes into the third. Not a good start.

-The penalty gets killed off. Good stuff.

-Man, this has been boring so far. Someone score a goal, please!

-JOHNNY GAUDREAU CHERRYPICKS TO PERFECTION AND BURIES IT BEHIND LINDGREN. THIS GAME IS TIED. That was absolutely GORGEOUS.

-Both teams put up a good defensive shield and don't score anymore. We're off to overtime!

-...Well, that went pear-shaped fast. MoJo leaves a pass for Birdman, and he blows it by Korpi. At least we got a point?
Sharkie69 liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 9:34 a.m.
mokumboi

Miracle On Ice might have crashed both Twitter and VK.
Saskleaf, MatthewsFan, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 9:43 a.m.
stop daddy it hurts
Let me just say my opinion. I do not agree that Josh Anderson is worth a 1st rounder (Or Nemec, thanks @capsfan2121), but I don't think that he is worth nothing, either. He is mostly a decent power winger on a bad contract, so I think the Habs can get somewhere between a 3rd and a 5th (maybe with some retention) depending on how desperate a team is to get him.

EDIT: Just found out that Pierre Lebrun said that Hughes was offered a 1st for Josh Anderson and declined it. Now I don't know what to say.
capsfan2121 and Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 9:53 a.m.
Quoting: Sharkie69

EDIT: Just found out that Pierre Lebrun said that Hughes was offered a 1st for Josh Anderson and declined it. Now I don't know what to say.

Source on this mate, never read that
Sharkie69, capsfan2121 and Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 9:55 a.m.
cautious optimism
Edited Feb. 1, 2023 at 10:07 a.m.

-Alex Ovechkin's goal on his back
-Bobby Orr's flying goal
-Brian Campbell vaporizing RJ Umberger

in other sports:

-The Immaculate Reception
-that one Vince Carter dunk in the Olympics
-Foreman vs. Frazier I
Feb. 1, 2023 at 10:02 a.m.
stop daddy it hurts
Quoting: pinslack
Source on this mate, never read that

Found it on this article.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 10:11 a.m.
Quoting: Sharkie69
Let me just say my opinion. I do not agree that Josh Anderson is worth a 1st rounder (Or Nemec, thanks capsfan2121), but I don't think that he is worth nothing, either. He is mostly a decent power winger on a bad contract, so I think the Habs can get somewhere between a 3rd and a 5th (maybe with some retention) depending on how desperate a team is to get him.

Habs fans are fully convinced that it was the Devils. And that Fitzgerald will send send them a huge package of 1sts and top prospects. It’s so bizarre. They are often asking more for Anderson than what San Jose fans want for Meier.

In reality…no credible source has linked NJD and Anderson. One random podcaster said something two months ago (he was probably intoxicated).
Sharkie69 liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 10:19 a.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: Bobcat205
-Alex Ovechkin's goal on his back
-Bobby Orr's flying goal
-Brian Campbell vaporizing RJ Umberger

in other sports:

-The Immaculate Reception
-that one Vince Carter dunk in the Olympics
-Foreman vs. Frazier I

I’d like to counter this with Ali vs Foreman.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 10:22 a.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain

Summit series Canada vs USSR
Sharkie69 and MatthewsFan liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 10:34 a.m.
Some random goal eh. For starters, the game was tied 2-2 at the end of overtime, the game went to a shootout. It was the the first shootout in franchise history for Montreal. The franchise that drafted Crosby’s father, Sidney’s boyhood favourite team growing up. His rookie season. Crosby’s first game against a Canadian team.

Yes, I do believe this would have blown up on Twitter.

But
giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95247d3df638a7d3f28d1f37f6d6bfe1165e9cf3a76&rid=giphy.webp&ct=g

I mean the tweet said they won 1-0 so where was I supposed to get 2-2 from lol. I’m sure it meant a lot to Crosby individually, and it’s a cool goal for the week’s highlight reel (pretty standard deke), but this was back when the Penguins were a poverty franchise without a super hardcore base. Who would even be on twitter to get excited about that? Like there’d be some Canadians pointing out that it’s interesting, maybe some Habs fans complaining about the loss, but it doesn’t seem particularly special outside of that when compared to literally any other major moment you could’ve picked in 85+ years of NHL history considering you had first crack at this.
Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 10:35 a.m.
Jinx god

Underrated one, but I’ll go with the rockets suspension in 1955.
SevenLeg, MatthewsFan and Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 10:36 a.m.
torontos finest

For hockey, game six of the 1999 Stanley Cup finals. Monumental events and games will have their share of traction, but if social media thrives off of two things over anything: 1) outrage and 2) injustice. Brett Hull's foot in the crease offers both in spades.
MatthewsFan, capsfan2121, Sharkie69 and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 10:38 a.m.

This is what, like the 5th Blue Jacket with a season ending injury, they can't catch a break
pinslack and zk97 liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 10:40 a.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
To add to my previous answer, this moment in the summit series was crazy:

Prmoter Alan Eagleson was surrounded by the USSR army and the players had to get him back over the bench
zk97 liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 10:47 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Alfie11
I mean the tweet said they won 1-0 so where was I supposed to get 2-2 from lol. I’m sure it meant a lot to Crosby individually, and it’s a cool goal for the week’s highlight reel (pretty standard deke), but this was back when the Penguins were a poverty franchise without a super hardcore base. Who would even be on twitter to get excited about that? Like there’d be some Canadians pointing out that it’s interesting, maybe some Habs fans complaining about the loss, but it doesn’t seem particularly special outside of that when compared to literally any other major moment you could’ve picked in 85+ years of NHL history considering you had first crack at this.

Maybe research first before being a
debbie-downer-sad.gif

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll