SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Who is the most overvalued player in ACGM

Jan. 26, 2023 at 5:28 p.m.
Here my take, is Luke Scheen. I remember Wqrrior doing a 2025 2nd while saying it was worth less than a 2023 3rd round pick (Which in my eyes is laughable). Now when I look at ACGMs, im seeing 2024 and 2023 2nd when he is really worth a Late 3rd to early 4th round pick. Yes his cap hit is low and he is having one of his more productive seasons. but while he is on the wrong side of 30 and has months left on this very contract combine the fact I see him play in Tampa and really worth a 2nd.

But what your thought and who more overvalue
Jan. 26, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.
KFTW
Vancouver turned down a 2nd for him . I’m sure they can still get it
tryger liked this.
Jan. 26, 2023 at 5:34 p.m.
Quoting: csick

you got a link to that? not doubting it, just curious
kingjrb92 liked this.
Jan. 26, 2023 at 5:34 p.m.
Most Canucks players lol
Newgod77, Fox_Czar_Cup, IconicHawk and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 26, 2023 at 5:35 p.m.
A 2nd or 3rd is fair for Luke, guy leads the entire league in hits and has two cups. If you are all skill and want to negate physicality in a series, he helps. Playoffs the big names are goal scorers, but solid defensemen and physical players typically get a good return because even now you need those guys,
Jan. 26, 2023 at 5:41 p.m.
wrong side of 30? as soon as you are over 30 on this site you are one the wrong side of 30 apparently. this is the chiarot situation all over again. you can argue all you want he is overvalued, but im the end he will probably be traded for a second and will show you thats what is value is ( i know it might not happen, im just saying what the market is for players and what users think they should be worth is probably 2 different thing) . and to answer your question, im gonna go with josh anderson! (i still think he might have some positive vakue but nowhere near wjat ppl think on this site).
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Jan. 26, 2023 at 5:43 p.m.
Currently I would have to say the most overvalued player on ACGM is Bo Horvat, at least when it comes to trading with Seattle. Don't get me wrong, Horvat is a very good player and will fetch a pretty penny if the Canucks deal him at the deadline. But in the span of a few days he's apparently gone from being worth a 1st rounder and a prospect, to being worth Shane Wright, to being worth Shane Wright plus multiple premium pieces in the eyes of some. Since Vancouver won't let teams speak with Horvat's camp about an extension, he's a rental until proven otherwise, and there's no way he has that kind of trade value as a pending UFA. The Kraken won't be trading Wright for Horvat, but even in that hypothetical scenario Wright is a much more valuable piece than Horvat, so Vancouver would be the one adding assets, not Seattle.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Jan. 26, 2023 at 5:45 p.m.
Just check out most Habs trade proposals for Josh Anderson...
CD282, Fox_Czar_Cup, canucksfan43 and 5 others liked this.
Jan. 26, 2023 at 5:56 p.m.
Martin Brodeur
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Jan. 26, 2023 at 6:07 p.m.
Boone Jenner
dh91 and mondo liked this.
Jan. 26, 2023 at 6:13 p.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
Quoting: LukaTAG
Boone Jenner

Exact opposite. His value is completely underappreciated to the point where he's viewed as on par with your average deadline package of a late first, a b prospect and a 3rd liner. There's a reason why so many teams that are tight to the cap look at him as the "perfect player to add to their roster". Fact is he's not leaving Columbus though since he's more valuable to the Jackets than any realistic trade return he would get them.
Jan. 26, 2023 at 6:16 p.m.
Quoting: dk325
Exact opposite. His value is completely underappreciated to the point where he's viewed as on par with your average deadline package of a late first, a b prospect and a 3rd liner. There's a reason why so many teams that are tight to the cap look at him as the "perfect player to add to their roster". Fact is he's not leaving Columbus though since he's more valuable to the Jackets than any realistic trade return he would get them.

What Columbus fans are asking for him is ridiculous, and that's fair if you think what he offers brings more than the likely return, it doesn't stop him from being overvalued though.
Jan. 26, 2023 at 7:20 p.m.
not a he )
Quoting: LukaTAG
What Columbus fans are asking for him is ridiculous, and that's fair if you think what he offers brings more than the likely return, it doesn't stop him from being overvalued though.

We’re not the ones making ACGMs featuring him (except for the one tonight showing a ridiculous example to make a point to Leafs fans), just repeating ad nauseum that he is not currently on the block and the ask to acquire him would be prohibitive. The question for this thread is who’s overvalued in ACGMs, and he is in fact consistently undervalued in them.
dk325 liked this.
Jan. 26, 2023 at 8:50 p.m.
torontos finest
Whoever is on the trading block is usually overvalued by the seller. Once Horvat, Meier, Kane, etc get dealt you won't hear about them much until the summer.

People have already said Luke Schenn and Josh Anderson, and I'd agree. Every other day you see an argument between the usual suspects about one or the other.

Gotta throw in a Toronto asset as well; I'm personally not 100% sold on Ty Voit but a lot of guys in the Leafs fanbase are putting him pretty high in value. Good prospect having an excellent year in the OHL but he's a small boy and a lot of team may balk at someone whose very likely high-risk high-reward.
zk97 liked this.
Jan. 26, 2023 at 9:01 p.m.
Literally everyone, simply due to the fact that overrated is an opinion that there will always be a debate over
Jan. 27, 2023 at 5:47 p.m.
Ban Price trades
This guy according to a certain fanbase
zk97 liked this.
Jan. 28, 2023 at 12:14 a.m.
Individually, Josh Anderson

Generally…
1. Wingers with bigger contracts
2. Vets who can “help out your young guys” (what does that mean, drive ‘em to practice, tie their skates?)
3. Guys who hit (“he hits a lot”…translation, “he plays without the puck a lot”).
4. The top prospect in weak pool
5. Reunification of brothers
Saskleaf, zk97, NoVaSpartan and 4 others liked this.
Jan. 28, 2023 at 7:31 p.m.
Quoting: csick

Want to buy some cheap ocean front property in Nebraska? 🙄They turned down a second for him.
Jan. 28, 2023 at 7:33 p.m.
Quoting: tryger
A 2nd or 3rd is fair for Luke, guy leads the entire league in hits and has two cups. If you are all skill and want to negate physicality in a series, he helps. Playoffs the big names are goal scorers, but solid defensemen and physical players typically get a good return because even now you need those guys,

He was a passenger for 2 cups he was a healthy scratch almost 70% of those play off games .... He takes himself out of position and never has the puck why he leads the league in hits.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 2:47 p.m.
Quoting: Dan_the_Man
He was a passenger for 2 cups he was a healthy scratch almost 70% of those play off games .... He takes himself out of position and never has the puck why he leads the league in hits.

He played in 19 playoff games which resulted in 2 Stanley cups, guys aren't worth it until they are a piece that puts you over the top. Many people take the analytics route, but Physicality is a major factor in playoff games.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 6:24 p.m.
TuckerKaberleSundin
Detroit fans are convinced that Vrana still has any trade value... so he's my choice.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 9:04 p.m.
Quoting: tryger
He played in 19 playoff games which resulted in 2 Stanley cups, guys aren't worth it until they are a piece that puts you over the top. Many people take the analytics route, but Physicality is a major factor in playoff games.

If he was so worth it why did TB not offer him a contract after being part of back to back Cups if he was willing to take a PTO in Vancouver certainly he would have taken a guaranteed minimum contract to stay.
So, in a year and a half he goes from a PTO to getting a 1 or multiple early round picks come on now.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll