$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 1
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RD
UFA - 4
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
LW, C
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 27, 2023 at 9:50 a.m.
Ive seen so many posts about trading Pionk and I dont get it. Sure he's having an off year, but he's the best option they have in the top for on the right side after Demelo. Moving Schmidt up doesnt make the jets a better team IMO
Windjammer liked this.
Jan. 27, 2023 at 9:50 a.m.
Jetsfan
Jets lose both trades...please dont
Jan. 27, 2023 at 9:54 a.m.
Quoting: masterjuddi
Ive seen so many posts about trading Pionk and I dont get it. Sure he's having an off year, but he's the best option they have in the top for on the right side after Demelo. Moving Schmidt up doesnt make the jets a better team IMO

Pionk has had one good year in his career. The shorten season in the canadian division. I am not sure why people think hes that player and not the one hes been his other 5 season. And schmidt has been much better this season and his history of top 4 play is also much better.
Jan. 27, 2023 at 9:54 a.m.
The Jets can't afford to give away a top 4 defenseman without an upgrade coming back.

Meier isn't extending in Winnipeg and the Jets don't need another high priced winger.
Jan. 27, 2023 at 9:55 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: masterjuddi

I think the blueline is pretty well set, large physical right handed dman are hard to come by, so upgrading what is there, probably needs to come through the draft or possibly bargain hunt a trade or ufa. No quick fix so might as well ride out the contracts on the right side, make a little room on the left soon for the kids and hopefully there’s a right handed dman to push or jump the line soon. But going to take time, and definitely not trading from a strength so better to stand Pat.
masterjuddi liked this.
Jan. 27, 2023 at 10:16 a.m.
Quoting: Windjammer
The Jets can't afford to give away a top 4 defenseman without an upgrade coming back.

Meier isn't extending in Winnipeg and the Jets don't need another high priced winger.

Neal Pionk is not a top 4 dmen. For the people in the back...Neal Pionk has had one season... just one were he had top 4 impact. Why do jets fans think he's more than what he is?
Jan. 27, 2023 at 10:17 a.m.
Quoting: Birtle34
I think the blueline is pretty well set, large physical right handed dman are hard to come by, so upgrading what is there, probably needs to come through the draft or possibly bargain hunt a trade or ufa. No quick fix so might as well ride out the contracts on the right side, make a little room on the left soon for the kids and hopefully there’s a right handed dman to push or jump the line soon. But going to take time, and definitely not trading from a strength so better to stand Pat.

The jets have a puck moving problem. Not sure how a big physical dmen solves that.
Jan. 27, 2023 at 10:24 a.m.
Quoting: Boojets
Neal Pionk is not a top 4 dmen. For the people in the back...Neal Pionk has had one season... just one were he had top 4 impact. Why do jets fans think he's more than what he is?

Yeah, I know all the people that think Pionk isn't a top 4 defenseman are the same ones that thought Morrissey was awful and were trying to trade him for the past two years for any plug they could think of and the same ones that wanted to give Scheifele away for nothing this year.

I can understand that not everyone is going to like every player, but you need to be objective as to the player's actual skill level.
Jan. 27, 2023 at 10:33 a.m.
Yeah, I know all the people that think Pionk isn't a top 4 defenseman are the same ones that thought Morrissey was awful and were trying to trade him for the past two years for any plug they could think of and the same ones that wanted to give Scheifele away for nothing this year.

I can understand that not everyone is going to like every player, but you need to be objective as to the player's actual skill level.

again objectively he has 6 seasons in the NHL and has performed like a top 4 dmen once... in a shortened season only playing the Canadian teams. Morrissey has been in the nhl for 7 years and had one meh season and one bad season but he also had 3 good seasons before his slip. These are not the same situations. SO when you use the word objectively I'm not sure how you look at Pionk's body of work and go.. Yup definitely a top 4 dmen.
Jan. 27, 2023 at 10:46 a.m.
again objectively he has 6 seasons in the NHL and has performed like a top 4 dmen once... in a shortened season only playing the Canadian teams. Morrissey has been in the nhl for 7 years and had one meh season and one bad season but he also had 3 good seasons before his slip. These are not the same situations. SO when you use the word objectively I'm not sure how you look at Pionk's body of work and go.. Yup definitely a top 4 dmen.

Yeah, you can look at his work and call him a top 4 defenseman objectively. It just sounds like you have a dislike for him for whatever reason and don't want to give him the credit for where he actually rates as an NHL defenseman.

The Morrissey thing isn't a comparison of what they had accomplished, it's a comparison of how fans think. The only ones I've heard campaigning to move Pionk are the same overreactionary ones that wanted to trade Morrissey for the last two years after every down game he had.

I get it, the Jets haven't looked as good the past couple weeks, let's panic, make someone the goat and make a bad trade.

Even if you want to stick with your evalution, it makes no sense to give that player away for nothing and not replace him. How does downgrading the defense make the team better?
Jan. 27, 2023 at 10:55 a.m.
Yeah, you can look at his work and call him a top 4 defenseman objectively. It just sounds like you have a dislike for him for whatever reason and don't want to give him the credit for where he actually rates as an NHL defenseman.

The Morrissey thing isn't a comparison of what they had accomplished, it's a comparison of how fans think. The only ones I've heard campaigning to move Pionk are the same overreactionary ones that wanted to trade Morrissey for the last two years after every down game he had.

I get it, the Jets haven't looked as good the past couple weeks, let's panic, make someone the goat and make a bad trade.

Even if you want to stick with your evalution, it makes no sense to give that player away for nothing and not replace him. How does downgrading the defense make the team better?

Pionk is hurting the jets right now. He isn't a break even player right now he's a net negative and I'm not giving him away I'm getting 2 picks and his cap space which is almost 6mil. Not having Pionk in the lineup right now helps the jets.
Jan. 27, 2023 at 11:01 a.m.
Pionk is hurting the jets right now. He isn't a break even player right now he's a net negative and I'm not giving him away I'm getting 2 picks and his cap space which is almost 6mil. Not having Pionk in the lineup right now helps the jets.

It's kind of pointless trying to debate this with you. You have your mind made up that a silly fan move to make a bad trade that no team fighting for firstplace in their division would ever do, is rational and don't want to allow logic into the discussion. I'll leave you to it.
Jan. 27, 2023 at 1:01 p.m.

I've been reading the discussions with Windjammer.

Well, moving Pionk is definitely the wrong move right now (rather than get into a back and forth, lets just leave it), but he's still required on the point, 2nd pwr play group and the pairing with Dillon.

Overall, I'm concerned with the size of the Jets D and the passion for Heinola. If anyone should be moved its Heinola immediately as a trade asset. Soon after that, adding short term help as in one (1) R side D-men with size as in (Van's- Scheen, St. Louis's -Bortuzzo or Islanders -Mayfield) and keeping DeMelo and Pionk and moving Schmidlt for a late pick so be a consideration. Longer term, we need to add some size starting with the right side, either from the prospect pool or making that trade, when the fit is there.
Jan. 27, 2023 at 3:57 p.m.
Quoting: Camper27
I've been reading the discussions with Windjammer.

Well, moving Pionk is definitely the wrong move right now (rather than get into a back and forth, lets just leave it), but he's still required on the point, 2nd pwr play group and the pairing with Dillon.

Overall, I'm concerned with the size of the Jets D and the passion for Heinola. If anyone should be moved its Heinola immediately as a trade asset. Soon after that, adding short term help as in one (1) R side D-men with size as in (Van's- Scheen, St. Louis's -Bortuzzo or Islanders -Mayfield) and keeping DeMelo and Pionk and moving Schmidlt for a late pick so be a consideration. Longer term, we need to add some size starting with the right side, either from the prospect pool or making that trade, when the fit is there.

So as soon as someone says jets need more size on the backend I stop listening. Watch the games when jets have to defend they are fine at first. They break cycles and get the puck back... the problem is they can't move the puck under pressure and all the "big guys" aren't fixing that issue. Jets issue is always on the repressure teams apply after they fail to move the puck up ice.
Jan. 27, 2023 at 4:53 p.m.
So as soon as someone says jets need more size on the backend I stop listening. Watch the games when jets have to defend they are fine at first. They break cycles and get the puck back... the problem is they can't move the puck under pressure and all the "big guys" aren't fixing that issue. Jets issue is always on the repressure teams apply after they fail to move the puck up ice.

Very well... I respect that you have an opinion, but at the same time I've watched hockey over the years as well which gives me some knowledge to express an opinion.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll