Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$73,131,250$1,250,000$932,500$9,368,750
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$7,350,000$7,350,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$6,650,000$6,650,000
RW
UFA - 3
$825,000$825,000
LW
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,950,000$4,950,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$762,500$762,500
C
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
RW, C
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$883,750$883,750 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LD
UFA - 5
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
UFA - 5
$762,500$762,500
G
UFA - 2
$7,260,000$7,260,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD
RFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 4
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 30, 2023 at 5:02 p.m.
What? Vancouver fans should erect statues of the front office. This is one of the most lopsided trades in NHL history.

Find one comparable trade this century.

Not to mention, the bruins add at a position they have no need for, make themselves actively and significantly worse, and give up their best prospect, a first, and four more years of a top four d man in his prime on a great contract.

This is just one sided and horrible
theprodigalkn1ght liked this.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 5:17 p.m.
Quoting: DefenseFirst
What? Vancouver fans should erect statues of the front office. This is one of the most lopsided trades in NHL history.

Find one comparable trade this century.

Not to mention, the bruins add at a position they have no need for, make themselves actively and significantly worse, and give up their best prospect, a first, and four more years of a top four d man in his prime on a great contract.

This is just one sided and horrible

Myers and Reilly salary is an even wash both in cap hit and term. Myers at least plays in the NHL and can handle top 4 minutes (not best suited for top 4 but can do it). He basically fills in directly for Carlos minutes.

Horvat likely signs an extension filling the the needed C role going forward for Boston.

Carlo has serious concussion history risk. The 1st could very well be the last pick in the first round. Lysell is a solid prospect but is also not really what Canucks are looking for as another undersized winger prospect.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 5:17 p.m.
Uhhh.... as a Canucks fan - if we pull that off I will literally be ecstatic... Your title needs work
Jan. 30, 2023 at 5:21 p.m.
Quoting: Mediumyeet
Myers and Reilly salary is an even wash both in cap hit and term. Myers at least plays in the NHL and can handle top 4 minutes (not best suited for top 4 but can do it). He basically fills in directly for Carlos minutes.

Horvat likely signs an extension filling the the needed C role going forward for Boston.

Carlo has serious concussion history risk. The 1st could very well be the last pick in the first round. Lysell is a solid prospect but is also not really what Canucks are looking for as another undersized winger prospect.

It is truly amazing how many incorrect things were shoved into a short post.

Myers and Reilly is an even wash salary wise - but Reilly is the better player. Filling in for Carlos minutes? You mean making the top four drastically worse? Ya. Horrible idea.
Horvat signing an extension means the bruins lose pastrnak - there is absolutely no way around that. Ya, I’m pretty sure the bruins management prefers pastrnak to horvat.
Carlo does have a concussion history. So does Bergeron. Making decisions on value solely based on that is ridiculously stupid. He’s an absolute rock in the bruins top four, and one of the primary reasons the penalty kill is so good. Also, just look at his contract man. Those contracts are not moved for rentals - ever.

Lysell is a bit more than a, “solid,” prospect. The canucks need help absolutely everywhere. They shouldn’t care what position he plays. This looks like a trade for Pettersson, not a rental.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 5:22 p.m.
Quoting: theprodigalkn1ght
Uhhh.... as a Canucks fan - if we pull that off I will literally be ecstatic... Your title needs work

The trade needs work. Remove carlo and Myers and its at least a discussion….until you realize the bruins have no room or need for horvat.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 5:24 p.m.
The trade needs work. Remove carlo and Myers and its at least a discussion….until you realize the bruins have no room or need for horvat.

Agreed - I was being sarcastic at how it was lopsided. Canucks need Carlo in any trade from the Bruins. I could maybe see Bo Horvat (retained) and Schenn for Morrison and Carlo or something - but I doubt Boston would part with Carlo so I think the discussion ends there.
DefenseFirst liked this.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 5:26 p.m.
Agreed - I was being sarcastic at how it was lopsided. Canucks need Carlo in any trade from the Bruins. I could maybe see Bo Horvat (retained) and Schenn for Morrison and Carlo or something - but I doubt Boston would part with Carlo so I think the discussion ends there.

I can guarantee you a couple things.
The first is that the bruins and canucks likely haven’t had any sort of talks outside of, “hey, if something happens to Bergeron or Krejci and we need a center, what would you want?”
The second is that Carlo would never be discussed. That kind of asset being moved for a rental just isn’t a thing in the NHL. Not this century anyway.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 5:33 p.m.
I can guarantee you a couple things.
The first is that the bruins and canucks likely haven’t had any sort of talks outside of, “hey, if something happens to Bergeron or Krejci and we need a center, what would you want?”
The second is that Carlo would never be discussed. That kind of asset being moved for a rental just isn’t a thing in the NHL. Not this century anyway.

Yeah, I disagree on "never be discussed" but I think it would be a hard "no." You rarely see a top-4 RH defensive defenceman (just beginning his prime) get moved but that's probably what the Canucks said they are interested in on Bostons team when the question was asked.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 5:35 p.m.
Yeah, I disagree on "never be discussed" but I think it would be a hard "no." You rarely see a top-4 RH defensive defenceman (just beginning his prime) get moved but that's probably what the Canucks said they are interested in on Bostons team when the question was asked.

You rarely see taht. Very true. But when they have five years of term? You never see it. Positive value contracts like that are never moved for rentals. Ever.

Acting like carlo for horvat is a reasonable concept even worth being discussed is just ignoring decades of precedent. If it was discussed it was in the, “haha i had to ask, right?” Style of things. Might as well ask for mcavoy while you’re at it.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 5:42 p.m.
You rarely see taht. Very true. But when they have five years of term? You never see it. Positive value contracts like that are never moved for rentals. Ever.

Acting like carlo for horvat is a reasonable concept even worth being discussed is just ignoring decades of precedent. If it was discussed it was in the, “haha i had to ask, right?” Style of things. Might as well ask for mcavoy while you’re at it.

I don't think a trade involving Horvat and Boston would ever be for a rental honestly. There would have to be a plan in place to keep Horvat.
Mediumyeet liked this.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 5:44 p.m.
I don't think a trade involving Horvat and Boston would ever be for a rental honestly. There would have to be a plan in place to keep Horvat.

They can’t keep horvat and pastrnak. It just is not a possibility…which is why the horvat to boston talk around here is so frustrating. Of course it’s not going to happen. There’s no need for him on the roster now, and they can’t keep him next season. Carlo for horvat makes the bruins worse this season, and in future seasons. It’s just such a mind numbing lay stupid idea that has no basis in reality.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 5:51 p.m.
They can’t keep horvat and pastrnak. It just is not a possibility…which is why the horvat to boston talk around here is so frustrating. Of course it’s not going to happen. There’s no need for him on the roster now, and they can’t keep him next season. Carlo for horvat makes the bruins worse this season, and in future seasons. It’s just such a mind numbing lay stupid idea that has no basis in reality.

Horvat to Islanders for 2023 1st Raty and Beauvillier
Jan. 30, 2023 at 5:51 p.m.

Thank god.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 6:05 p.m.
Thank god.

Well that's that. It was fun well it lasted lol.

I'll be honest I pulled an audible when I made this trade proposal adding Myers and Reilly. Was originally going to be Schenn and Horvat with salary retention. No Reilly or myers.

Anyways that's the end of those discussions and I'm sure people will be very happy it's over.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 6:07 p.m.
Well that's that. It was fun well it lasted lol.

I'll be honest I pulled an audible when I made this trade proposal adding Myers and Reilly. Was originally going to be Schenn and Horvat with salary retention. No Reilly or myers.

Anyways that's the end of those discussions and I'm sure people will be very happy it's over.

The trade was dead the second the name carlo popped into your head.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 6:15 p.m.

Myers plays in the NHL because Canucks don't have the depth the Bruins have and he handles top4 minutes... badly. Reilly is better everyday.

Whether it's the right pieces or not, that's a big win in value for Vancouver. Fortunately, it's not happening.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 10:32 p.m.
The trade was dead the second the name carlo popped into your head.

We will never know. I prefer the package from NYI over a Carlo + Lysell + 1st package from Boston anyways so I'm a happy camper over here.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 10:33 p.m.
We will never know. I prefer the package from NYI over a Carlo + Lysell + 1st package from Boston anyways so I'm a happy camper over here.

Man, don’t lie to yourself like that. Spin zone isn’t a good thing.

There isn’t a human on the planet that would prefer that package to this one.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 10:44 p.m.
Man, don’t lie to yourself like that. Spin zone isn’t a good thing.

There isn’t a human on the planet that would prefer that package to this one.

I'll take Raty over Lysell every day. Raty plays C and has the size. I'm not convinced lysell's game will translate well to the NHL because he likely has to be a top 6 forward, can't see him playing a 3rd line role. There's potential there for sure but it's more boom or bust.

I'll also take the potential 13-20th overall pick that could also become an unprotected 2024 pick for an aging team that could fall off any season over what I expect to be a 29-32 overall pick.

Of course I'd rather Carlo than Beauvillier but, as I mentioned before, there is serious concussion risk there which makes the term of his contract both an asset and a liability. At least with Beau it's one year left giving more flexibility. Again I'd still much rather have Carlo than Beau but he's not a bad piece.

So while I would rather have Carlo than Beau I much prefer the value of the the prospect and pick from NYI over Boston.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 10:50 p.m.
I'll take Raty over Lysell every day. Raty plays C and has the size. I'm not convinced lysell's game will translate well to the NHL because he likely has to be a top 6 forward, can't see him playing a 3rd line role. There's potential there for sure but it's more boom or bust.

I'll also take the potential 13-20th overall pick that could also become an unprotected 2024 pick for an aging team that could fall off any season over what I expect to be a 29-32 overall pick.

Of course I'd rather Carlo than Beauvillier but, as I mentioned before, there is serious concussion risk there which makes the term of his contract both an asset and a liability. At least with Beau it's one year left giving more flexibility. Again I'd still much rather have Carlo than Beau but he's not a bad piece.

So while I would rather have Carlo than Beau I much prefer the value of the the prospect and pick from NYI over Boston.

Carlo is by far the biggest asset of any of those things…including horvat. Spin zone is bad.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 10:57 p.m.
Carlo is by far the biggest asset of any of those things…including horvat. Spin zone is bad.

Lol I acknowledge that Carlo is a strong piece but as I've stated many times the concussion history worries me. I would love to have him. He'd be a great fit with Hughes or OEL. His concussion history still worries me so I prefer the return that has the prospect and pick as the centerpiece over the 26 year old dman with a concussion history.

I'm not spin zoning. The title of this post even indicates that I'm not crazy about a Carlo Lysell 1st package and that was before any of the NYI stuff came out.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 10:59 p.m.
Lol I acknowledge that Carlo is a strong piece but as I've stated many times the concussion history worries me. I would love to have him. He'd be a great fit with Hughes or OEL. His concussion history still worries me so I prefer the return that has the prospect and pick as the centerpiece over the 26 year old dman with a concussion history.

I'm not spin zoning. The title of this post even indicates that I'm not crazy about a Carlo Lysell 1st package and that was before any of the NYI stuff came out.

Would mcavoy be enough?

It’s just such an unbelievably dumb take. There’s a real solid chance that the biggest NHL impact vancouver gets out of this is beauvillier
Jan. 30, 2023 at 11:03 p.m.
Would mcavoy be enough?

It’s just such an unbelievably dumb take. There’s a real solid chance that the biggest NHL impact vancouver gets out of this is beauvillier

Lol "it's different from my take so it is unbelievably dumb".

There's a real solid chance that the biggest NHL impact that the Boston package would get Vancouver is 3 or 4 years of 4.1mil on LTIR.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 11:07 p.m.
Lol "it's different from my take so it is unbelievably dumb".

There's a real solid chance that the biggest NHL impact that the Boston package would get Vancouver is 3 or 4 years of 4.1mil on LTIR.

You can say that of every player in the NHL. Lots of players get concussions and recovery properly and continue to play well. The bruins have a couple of them. A pretty good center that everyone said was one hit away.

Your take isn’t just a minor difference of opinion. It’s just preposterously absurd.
Jan. 30, 2023 at 11:10 p.m.
You can say that of every player in the NHL. Lots of players get concussions and recovery properly and continue to play well. The bruins have a couple of them. A pretty good center that everyone said was one hit away.

Your take isn’t just a minor difference of opinion. It’s just preposterously absurd.

Lmao you can't say that about every play in the NHL. And you talk about preposterously absurd takes when you're the one straight up ignoring science lmffaaaooooo.

Sounds like someone is either:
1. A moron
2. Upset they didn't get Horvat

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll