Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 7
$11,000,000$11,000,000
RW
UFA - 8
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$897,500$897,500
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$885,000$885,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
C
RFA - 3
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$5,166,666$5,166,666
C, LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
RW
RFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,925,000$1,925,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$275,000$275K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
Taxi Squad
$762,500$762,500 ($0$0$0$0)
RD
UFA - 1
$766,667$766,667 ($0$0$0$0)
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 31, 2023 at 12:48 p.m.
ARAB05
That Edmonton trade will never happen. Maybe add in Guhle and then Edmonton would except.
oilersguy and Ausbear17 liked this.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 12:53 p.m.
I make typos
OILERS ARE NEVER DOING THAT
Jan. 31, 2023 at 12:59 p.m.
1. Boston doesn't want your trash.
2. Boston can't afford your trash.
3. Boston and Montreal don't trade.
4. You're gonna have to pay someone for them to take Armia.
Ausbear17 liked this.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 1:04 p.m.
Subbanator
Quoting: arab05
That Edmonton trade will never happen. Maybe add in Guhle and then Edmonton would except.

MTL adds Guhle, Edmonton adds their 2023 first, pool party and another pick
Jan. 31, 2023 at 1:09 p.m.
Quoting: Subbanator7667
MTL adds Guhle, Edmonton adds their 2023 first, pool party and another pick

Honestly, it would take a minimum of 2 1sts (at least one in 2023) for me to personally consider trading Guhle.
Subbanator7667 liked this.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 1:11 p.m.
Billy739

So he's your top undisputed NHL player/Prospect ?
More accurate comparison woulda been Barron

Not that i disagree , you're 100% right even if more dramatic then my ex
Jan. 31, 2023 at 1:23 p.m.
To get pastrnak to montreal i think 14 million is more reasonable.
Schood1c liked this.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 1:24 p.m.
Ouch
EDM passes. I honestly hope they don’t go anywhere near him.
arab05 liked this.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 1:26 p.m.
ARAB05
Quoting: Billy739
So he's your top undisputed NHL player/Prospect ?
More accurate comparison woulda been Barron

Not that i disagree , you're 100% right even if more dramatic then my ex

The original trade proposed and the trade i proposed are equally unfair! That was the whole point i was trying to make.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 1:30 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: DefenseFirst
To get pastrnak to montreal i think 14 million is more reasonable.

Cant lie i said 12-12.5 and a full NMC completly F'n us long term
Personally I'm out on Pasta
Im saving that money for Rantanen who unless he takes less wont be able to stay in COL long term.
He proved with all his cup depth stripped via trade or just injuries that he can lead the teams to wins with just the support of a Lehkonen
Obviously better with them but like Panarin isnt defined by Toews/Kane or CHI i dont think Rantanen will be by COL much longer.

He's the guy who would take us from great to have we ever seen a MTL team this stacked in our long history?
Jan. 31, 2023 at 1:45 p.m.
Cant lie i said 12-12.5 and a full NMC completly F'n us long term
Personally I'm out on Pasta
Im saving that money for Rantanen who unless he takes less wont be able to stay in COL long term.
He proved with all his cup depth stripped via trade or just injuries that he can lead the teams to wins with just the support of a Lehkonen
Obviously better with them but like Panarin isnt defined by Toews/Kane or CHI i dont think Rantanen will be by COL much longer.

He's the guy who would take us from great to have we ever seen a MTL team this stacked in our long history?

11 million in boston is more than 12.5 million in montreal per year. Of course theres the 8th year to contend with, and where the two franchises are etc. its going to be really hard to get a premier UFA to sign in montreal.
Jan. 31, 2023 at 1:48 p.m.
Billy739
The original trade proposed and the trade i proposed are equally unfair! That was the whole point i was trying to make.

Bourgault for Eddy
versus
Bourgault for Eddy "adding Ghule"

Thats equally unfair to you ?
Thats the point you were making /

IF you said "Ghule for Barrie" then yes in context that would have been equally unfair or close too
But that's not what you said , you just added not only a youth piece at that position but our entire system of prospects/rookies.
Again that's someone being Dramatic for Drama's sake

While again i agree this trade doesnt make sense for either team
I just cant back up someone being dramatic at the expense of the players .
Bourgaults good but like many 1st round picks for EDM you wish you could redraft him , as you should.
We got more out of Riley Kidney and Oliver Kapanen taken the same draft in the final 2 spots of the 2nd round .

Kidney Destroyed Bourgault in the Q just like he will in the AHL or NHL or wherever they play against each other.
Bourgault only got hype because of a great Memorial Cup run where he was got the boots put to him by both Ghule and Xhekaj lead teams
I mean everything about Bourgault says he's less then Ghule on every level including where he's playing today versus Ghule
Jan. 31, 2023 at 2:02 p.m.
Billy739
11 million in boston is more than 12.5 million in montreal per year. Of course theres the 8th year to contend with, and where the two franchises are etc. its going to be really hard to get a premier UFA to sign in montreal.

Worth more is a Realitive Term
42% in Boston for millionaire's state and federal
53% in Quebec for millionaire's state and federal is 11% diffrence
Thats 110k per million which to a player like Pasta is an extra 1-1.5m a year longterm.

But MTL Offers a lot of things Boston doesnt
Chance to be immortalized like Damphousse after bringing MTL their 25th cup in a 30 year drought.
But more important he'll make up that 1-1.5m a year in Advertizing deals like Gallagher still does for Mcdonalds
Quebec is a Tourism Province with a ton of Travel and the most overpriced merchendize /products there is with no shortage of buyers.

Not saying he will , IMO Pasta ends up in FLA with Tkachuk and Barkov when its all said and done for similar savings as he'd recieve in your scenrario.
I'm just saying People chose Boston over Florida for a reason and it wasnt lower taxes or the wheather so i think we can all agree Taxes arent as huge of a motivator to some as it is others. Many people choose the Quality of Life they require and pay the needed Taxes to acquire them.
Few people are willing to live a lower quality of life just to save a few bucks living in Ohio or Nashville
Fewer are willing to choose overcrowding to save even a few bucks more unless they plan on living out of state just playing there living in motels.(which some do on every team)
Jan. 31, 2023 at 2:13 p.m.
Worth more is a Realitive Term
42% in Boston for millionaire's state and federal
53% in Quebec for millionaire's state and federal is 11% diffrence
Thats 110k per million which to a player like Pasta is an extra 1-1.5m a year longterm.

But MTL Offers a lot of things Boston doesnt
Chance to be immortalized like Damphousse after bringing MTL their 25th cup in a 30 year drought.
But more important he'll make up that 1-1.5m a year in Advertizing deals like Gallagher still does for Mcdonalds
Quebec is a Tourism Province with a ton of Travel and the most overpriced merchendize /products there is with no shortage of buyers.

Not saying he will , IMO Pasta ends up in FLA with Tkachuk and Barkov when its all said and done for similar savings as he'd recieve in your scenrario.
I'm just saying People chose Boston over Florida for a reason and it wasnt lower taxes or the wheather so i think we can all agree Taxes arent as huge of a motivator to some as it is others. Many people choose the Quality of Life they require and pay the needed Taxes to acquire them.
Few people are willing to live a lower quality of life just to save a few bucks living in Ohio or Nashville

Capfriendly has an income tax calculator. You don’t have to do the leg work, they’ll do it for you. $11M in boston is more than $12.5M in montreal in terms of post tax earnings.

If you’re going to make the history argument, you’re picking the wrong fight. Boston has all that history too. Original six franchise, arguably the place that started the country blah blah blah.

Endorsements? Seriously? Try watching tv in boston without seeing pastrnak’s face. Ever heard of Dunkin’ Donuts? Little company that’s double the size of Tim hortons (even after the Burger King stuff). There’s more endorsement opportunity in boston than there is in montreal…by a lot.

Tourism? Tourism. Seriously? Tourism. Ya, lets say that’s a factor - oh look, there’s more in boston.

You could just look at their capfriendly page and realize florida is not a contender for this.

Taxes are a huge motivator. Boston is pretty good for NHLers, not quite as good as florida, but pretty good. On an 11 million dollar deal, a contract in florida earns the player about an extra $400K than in boston, and an additional $1.3M+ over montreal.

Quality of life is indeed important - which is why he’ll probably stay in boston.

At the end of the day its boston or New Jersey. I think we all know where he’ll likely sign.
Billy739 liked this.
Feb. 2, 2023 at 8:55 p.m.
Billy739
Capfriendly has an income tax calculator. You don’t have to do the leg work, they’ll do it for you. $11M in boston is more than $12.5M in montreal in terms of post tax earnings.

If you’re going to make the history argument, you’re picking the wrong fight. Boston has all that history too. Original six franchise, arguably the place that started the country blah blah blah.

Endorsements? Seriously? Try watching tv in boston without seeing pastrnak’s face. Ever heard of Dunkin’ Donuts? Little company that’s double the size of Tim hortons (even after the Burger King stuff). There’s more endorsement opportunity in boston than there is in montreal…by a lot.

Tourism? Tourism. Seriously? Tourism. Ya, lets say that’s a factor - oh look, there’s more in boston.

You could just look at their capfriendly page and realize florida is not a contender for this.

Taxes are a huge motivator. Boston is pretty good for NHLers, not quite as good as florida, but pretty good. On an 11 million dollar deal, a contract in florida earns the player about an extra $400K than in boston, and an additional $1.3M+ over montreal.

Quality of life is indeed important - which is why he’ll probably stay in boston.

At the end of the day its boston or New Jersey. I think we all know where he’ll likely sign.

Boston has a history of losing really since the 1970s Habs team.
Trading Dryden to us really broke them as he came in before his rookie season for the playoffs
He won the Conn Smythe and killed BOS chance at 3 cups in a row to solidify their Dynasty.

Its one of those Kreider moments where Gainey wanted him but Molson wanted the French player for his first Draft which was in MTL picking Louis Leblanc.
Fast Forward to the 2014 ECF if Molson didnt make a bone head move Kreider would have been a Habs and Price in God Mode that year woulda rolled through NYR and LAK that year.
Without Price after the 1st period in Game 1 MTL pushed it to 6 games and with Price i think we woulda won the series by then

Both Teams have a history and one with making self sabotaging moves to the benefit of our Original 6 Rivals
But only BOS went like 35-40 years between cups with only 6 to their names period
MTL has 24 cups and 7 cups in that 35-40 years BOS has 1

While i conceed to your point overall since discovering the Capfriendly calculator for taxes i dont think you can seriously compare MTL and BOS as equals.
We're the Harlem Globetrotters , they're the Washington Generals
They exist Primarily so we can beat them and we could give them another 100 years without winning another cup ourselves.
BOS still wouldnt hit Double Digit Cup's at their pace let alone come close to to touching MTL's Legacy of 24.

Not saying BOS bad , they're not and probably one of our greatest rivals because of their ability to always bunch up even in losing battles.
But that doesnt change the history of our rivalry and the only Victory they truly have over us in the past 40 years that i consider tangable is their 2011 first round 7 game series win vs MTL.
Overall its always been the same story with BOS , Their Goaltending is just never good enough and when they find a Tandem that worked for 1 cup they moved on from Thomas thinking he's replacable easy

MTL doesnt do that we tank til we find a Roy or a Price or a team foolish enough to give away a Dryden
We'll tank until we find another Even if we have to build up new age Theodore's , Huet's and Halak's to play stop gap til we do.
6'6 Micheal Hrbal in this years draft might just be that guy for us though as he's 6'6 at 18 with ridiculously good numbers that didnt really dip to much switching to USHL from Europe.
If we land him and lets say Michkov then this draft will have got us extremely good quality even if they're a few years out from being able to play here and the Rebuild will stop

While again i think Pasta will not be in MTL i think Damphousse can attest to the feeling of being the guy to bring the Cup home to MTL will define his Legacy for Decades to come.
I hope he stays in Boston though just so they have no more excuses for why they couldnt grab another cup constantly retooling around Marchand , Bergeron and Krejci .
Feb. 2, 2023 at 9:42 p.m.
Boston has a history of losing really since the 1970s Habs team.
Trading Dryden to us really broke them as he came in before his rookie season for the playoffs
He won the Conn Smythe and killed BOS chance at 3 cups in a row to solidify their Dynasty.

Its one of those Kreider moments where Gainey wanted him but Molson wanted the French player for his first Draft which was in MTL picking Louis Leblanc.
Fast Forward to the 2014 ECF if Molson didnt make a bone head move Kreider would have been a Habs and Price in God Mode that year woulda rolled through NYR and LAK that year.
Without Price after the 1st period in Game 1 MTL pushed it to 6 games and with Price i think we woulda won the series by then

Both Teams have a history and one with making self sabotaging moves to the benefit of our Original 6 Rivals
But only BOS went like 35-40 years between cups with only 6 to their names period
MTL has 24 cups and 7 cups in that 35-40 years BOS has 1

While i conceed to your point overall since discovering the Capfriendly calculator for taxes i dont think you can seriously compare MTL and BOS as equals.
We're the Harlem Globetrotters , they're the Washington Generals
They exist Primarily so we can beat them and we could give them another 100 years without winning another cup ourselves.
BOS still wouldnt hit Double Digit Cup's at their pace let alone come close to to touching MTL's Legacy of 24.

Not saying BOS bad , they're not and probably one of our greatest rivals because of their ability to always bunch up even in losing battles.
But that doesnt change the history of our rivalry and the only Victory they truly have over us in the past 40 years that i consider tangable is their 2011 first round 7 game series win vs MTL.
Overall its always been the same story with BOS , Their Goaltending is just never good enough and when they find a Tandem that worked for 1 cup they moved on from Thomas thinking he's replacable easy

MTL doesnt do that we tank til we find a Roy or a Price or a team foolish enough to give away a Dryden
We'll tank until we find another Even if we have to build up new age Theodore's , Huet's and Halak's to play stop gap til we do.
6'6 Micheal Hrbal in this years draft might just be that guy for us though as he's 6'6 at 18 with ridiculously good numbers that didnt really dip to much switching to USHL from Europe.
If we land him and lets say Michkov then this draft will have got us extremely good quality even if they're a few years out from being able to play here and the Rebuild will stop

While again i think Pasta will not be in MTL i think Damphousse can attest to the feeling of being the guy to bring the Cup home to MTL will define his Legacy for Decades to come.
I hope he stays in Boston though just so they have no more excuses for why they couldnt grab another cup constantly retooling around Marchand , Bergeron and Krejci .

That was honestly one of the most pathetic things I’ve ever read.

I’m in my 30s. Montreal hasn’t done a thing in my lifetime. They haven’t won a cup since there were 24 teams in the league. They’ve been a pathetic door mat, and it makes it even more pathetic that the fanbase rests on their laurels from a bunch of crap that happened before their parents were born.

Welcome to the 21st century. Boston is a destination, Montreal is a cellar dweller. Boston is always in contention, Montreal is usually in contention….for a top five pick. If you’re here to talk about stuff that happened before players wore helmets and games were on TV, go talk to someone else. I don’t care. This is capfriendly, not “a lesson in provincial draft right history.” The habs haven’t done a thing in the cap era.

Kudos for that time the habs almost came close to winning a third round series though. You must be very proud. Will there be a lengthy pre-game ceremony about it soon? The rest of the hockey world is laughing, but really, it’s sad.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll