Published: Jan. 31, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Free Agent Signings
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Toews, Jonathan
1$2,625,000
Trades
WPG
  1. Toews, Jonathan ($5,250,000 retained)
  2. 2023 3rd round pick (DAL)
CHI
  1. Chibrikov, Nikita [Reserve List]
  2. 2024 2nd round pick (WPG)
WPG
    50% retention
    ARI
    1. Toews, Jonathan
    2. 2023 3rd round pick (DAL)
    ARI
    1. Chisholm, Declan
    2. 2023 1st round pick (WPG)
    3. 2025 2nd round pick (WPG)
    Additional Details:
    2nd becomes 2024 1st if the jets make the western conference finals once over the next two years and if chychrun plays in 50% of the jets playoff games in that run.
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the WPG
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$82,500,000$82,678,691$0$2,050,000-$178,691
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Toews, Jonathan
    $2,625,000$2,625,000
    Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
    $6,125,000$6,125,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $7,142,857$7,142,857
    LW
    UFA - 4
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LW, C
    RFA - 2
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $8,250,000$8,250,000
    RW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $6,250,000$6,250,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $6,166,667$6,166,667
    G
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
    $4,600,000$4,600,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $5,875,000$5,875,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $900,000$900,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $3,900,000$3,900,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    $5,950,000$5,950,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $2,166,667$2,166,667
    RW
    UFA - 3
    $750,000$750,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000
    LW, C
    RFA - 2
    $900,000$900,000
    LD
    RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jan. 31, 2023 at 9:53 p.m.
    Chychrun costs more than that. Swap Chis for Ville and you also probably have to add Lambert.
    Jan. 31, 2023 at 10:12 p.m.
    Why is CHI paying for the extra retention here? Also, Chibrikov isn't interesting. Maybe if it were Rashevsky the offer would be a little more interesting. CHI declines.
    Hawksguy81, exo2769 and RicXX liked this.
    Jan. 31, 2023 at 10:43 p.m.
    exo2769
    Quoting: Garak
    Why is CHI paying for the extra retention here? Also, Chibrikov isn't interesting. Maybe if it were Rashevsky the offer would be a little more interesting. CHI declines.

Who's the top center left available after Bo was traded?
    RicXX and Garak liked this.
    Jan. 31, 2023 at 11:04 p.m.

Sure, rashevsky. Both are pretty equal. Rashevsky is 2 years older
    Garak liked this.
    Jan. 31, 2023 at 11:07 p.m.
    Quoting: hwjw
    Chychrun costs more than that. Swap Chis for Ville and you also probably have to add Lambert.

Idk, the asking is a good prospect and two 1sts. I would say if we add a guy like chibrikov, or replace chisholm with say Lucius, it’s a deal.

So, chisholm, chibrikov, 1st, 2nd

Lucius, chisholm, 1st, 2nd or 3rd.
    Jan. 31, 2023 at 11:14 p.m.
    Quoting: exo2769
    Who's the top center left available after Bo was traded?

Haha. I only said "a little more interesting". But I do like Rashevsky way more than Chibrikov. I definitely think the asking price and the offers for Toews could get spicier than what the speculation and rumors are right now.
    exo2769 liked this.
    Jan. 31, 2023 at 11:16 p.m.
    exo2769
    Haha. I only said "a little more interesting". But I do like Rashevsky way more than Chibrikov. I definitely think the asking price and the offers for Toews could get spicier than what the speculation and rumors are right now.

That's what I'm saying. ROR has been way worse than Toews. Monahan is a joke. Toews is very likely the best center available
    Garak liked this.
    Jan. 31, 2023 at 11:19 p.m.
    Quoting: arafay
    Sure, rashevsky. Both are pretty equal. Rashevsky is 2 years older

Idk. I really don't care about where players were drafted at this point and 2 years doesn't really make a big difference to me when they are under 25. Rashevsky is more fun to watch, has a much higher motor and work ethic, and is already producing decently in the second best league in the world, and he has a responsible defensive game. Plus, CHI's depth at RW is lacking, and lefties that play their off side are always nice.
    arafay liked this.
    Jan. 31, 2023 at 11:21 p.m.
    That's what I'm saying. ROR has been way worse than Toews. Monahan is a joke. Toews is very likely the best center available

Right? Nobody bats an eye when St. Louis fans say ROR is worth a 1st, even when he is having a GOD AWFUL season. But when CHI fans think Toews is worth a 1st, we are "being homers". Much crazier things have happened. haha
    exo2769 liked this.
    Feb. 1, 2023 at 2:16 a.m.
    Idk. I really don't care about where players were drafted at this point and 2 years doesn't really make a big difference to me when they are under 25. Rashevsky is more fun to watch, has a much higher motor and work ethic, and is already producing decently in the second best league in the world, and he has a responsible defensive game. Plus, CHI's depth at RW is lacking, and lefties that play their off side are always nice.

I think for the jets, it doesn't really matter right now. Both are likely trade chips as they are a few years away from cracking the jets lineup. Even if they come over soon, lucius, lambert, mcgroarty, nikkanen, torgersson are all ahead. Knowing the jets and how they develop, it will be a long time before he sees ice unless he absolutely dominates when he gets here.

That being said, my personal recommendation for a rebuilding team would be chibrikov. High end skill and solid two-way game isn't a common package. He's small, but give him some time. He's heavily overlooked cause he's not in the KHL and russia hasn't been playing on the world stage
    Garak liked this.
    Feb. 1, 2023 at 2:20 a.m.

ROR will cost way more simply because the league knows he's objectively better, even if he hasn't had a great season. Toews' contract will cause issues at the tdl and very few team will be able to take him without double retention. I know I made double retention here, but if there's only one team, I wouldn't expect more than a 2nd and a B prospect.
    exo2769 liked this.
    Feb. 1, 2023 at 7:43 a.m.
    exo2769
    ROR will cost way more simply because the league knows he's objectively better, even if he hasn't had a great season. Toews' contract will cause issues at the tdl and very few team will be able to take him without double retention. I know I made double retention here, but if there's only one team, I wouldn't expect more than a 2nd and a B prospect.

Disagree on ROR. It's for a couple months, not 3 more years. If he's unhealthy and playing poorly his value is greatly diminished.

As for Toews value. Yeah. If Toews forces himself to one team I see it going down like MAF. A 2nd with conditions to a 1st. I think those conditions would be easier than MAF's since centers have more value than goalies at the TDL, but thats minor stuff.

I will say though, there are big difference between Toews and MAF regarding family situations. MAF wanted to be near his kids whom were in school. Makes perfect sense. Toews doesn't have kids in school. At no point in time have I heard he's forcing his way to a team. I think he will allow KD a few teams and then he'll want to go to the team that wants him the most. Why wouldn't you? If EDM had McDavid call you and say we really want you to help us win. How are you not getting psyched to play for EDM?
    Garak liked this.
    Feb. 1, 2023 at 8:03 a.m.
    I think for the jets, it doesn't really matter right now. Both are likely trade chips as they are a few years away from cracking the jets lineup. Even if they come over soon, lucius, lambert, mcgroarty, nikkanen, torgersson are all ahead. Knowing the jets and how they develop, it will be a long time before he sees ice unless he absolutely dominates when he gets here.

That being said, my personal recommendation for a rebuilding team would be chibrikov. High end skill and solid two-way game isn't a common package. He's small, but give him some time. He's heavily overlooked cause he's not in the KHL and russia hasn't been playing on the world stage

That's a fair but rather general assessment. Most people may not watch a lot of Russian players, but I personally still keep up with a lot of KHL/MHL/VHL players. Chibrikov may have some more skill and flash to his game, but I definitely wouldn't call his game "2-way". Rashevsky may not be the prettiest skater but he still has speed, works hard, and he oozes confidence. So, if we are only considering the two of them, I would choose Rash over Chib to carve out a successful NHL first. But I honestly have doubts about whether CHI is interested in any Russian players. I'm sure they still keep them on the radar, but I think they are anticipating the worst, as any GM should be right now, and valuing NA and EUR skaters far above Russian ones for the time being.
    arafay liked this.
    Feb. 1, 2023 at 8:12 a.m.
    Disagree on ROR. It's for a couple months, not 3 more years. If he's unhealthy and playing poorly his value is greatly diminished.

As for Toews value. Yeah. If Toews forces himself to one team I see it going down like MAF. A 2nd with conditions to a 1st. I think those conditions would be easier than MAF's since centers have more value than goalies at the TDL, but thats minor stuff.

I will say though, there are big difference between Toews and MAF regarding family situations. MAF wanted to be near his kids whom were in school. Makes perfect sense. Toews doesn't have kids in school. At no point in time have I heard he's forcing his way to a team. I think he will allow KD a few teams and then he'll want to go to the team that wants him the most. Why wouldn't you? If EDM had McDavid call you and say we really want you to help us win. How are you not getting psyched to play for EDM?

Yeah. I mean ROR isn't even objectively better. He just won a cup more recently. But not only has Toews always been the better player through the years, but he is currently as well. People just love to tear down the Blackhawks. If ROR was under the same microscope that Toews has been under for his entire career, I think more people would see that. Also, the ACTUAL cash salary is so low on Toews that the cost of retention and third party retention is negligible. For teams that don't need cap space and aren't fighting to get into the playoffs, their concern would be more so with the actual cash amount and not the cap hit. The only reason ROR might be worth more is because he has no clause attached to his contract. But, like exo says, Toews doesn't have kids or anything, if he is open to waiving he should be open to going wherever as long as they are a playoff team and they want him.
    Feb. 1, 2023 at 8:31 a.m.
    exo2769
    Edited Feb. 1, 2023 at 8:38 a.m.
    Yeah. I mean ROR isn't even objectively better. He just won a cup more recently. But not only has Toews always been the better player through the years, but he is currently as well. People just love to tear down the Blackhawks. If ROR was under the same microscope that Toews has been under for his entire career, I think more people would see that. Also, the ACTUAL cash salary is so low on Toews that the cost of retention and third party retention is negligible. For teams that don't need cap space and aren't fighting to get into the playoffs, their concern would be more so with the actual cash amount and not the cap hit. The only reason ROR might be worth more is because he has no clause attached to his contract. But, like exo says, Toews doesn't have kids or anything, if he is open to waiving he should be open to going wherever as long as they are a playoff team and they want him.

Overall i do agree with you. Toews gets torn down way too much on here. To be fair to ROR, he's only making $1M in cash vs $2.9M. So double retention is even cheaper for ROR than Toews. The issue to me is that he's still on IR for another two weeks. IDK what exact game he'll game back, but he'll have a handful of games to prove himself befire the TDL passes. Is that enough for an acquiring team to spend big on him? If he comes back and scores 10ish points in 5ish games...yeah maybe
    Garak liked this.
    Feb. 1, 2023 at 8:52 a.m.
    Overall i do agree with you. Toews gets torn down way too much on here. To be fair to ROR, he's only making $1M in cash vs $2.9M. So double retention is even cheaper for ROR than Toews. The issue to me is that he's still on IR for another two weeks. IDK what exact game he'll game back, but he'll have a handful of games to prove himself befire the TDL passes. Is that enough for an acquiring team to spend big on him? If he comes back and scores 10ish points in 5ish games...yeah maybe

Sure. I wasn't comparing their salaries. I just think the argument about Toews cap hit is tired old news that already has a very clear and apparent remedy. If teams want him it'll get figured out, it isn't that complicated.
    exo2769 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll