Tough to beat

Created by: Propeller09
Team: 2022-23 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 1, 2023
Published: Feb. 1, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
BOS
  1. Toews, Jonathan ($5,250,000 retained)
CHI
  1. Smith, Craig
  2. Zboril, Jakub
  3. 2023 3rd round pick (BOS)
BOS
  1. Beaulieu, Nathan ($425,000 retained)
  2. 2023 4th round pick (ANA)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$82,441,667$0$4,650,000$58,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000 (Performance Bonus$2,000,000$2M)
C
NTC
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$4,950,000$4,950,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,800,000$3,800,000
LW, C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC, NMC
UFA - 8
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,687,500$3,687,500
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$150,000$150K)
G
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$425,000$425,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 1, 2023 at 1:31 p.m.
Leafs Sufferer
You're a BOS fan, and think the VAN trade is a good one?

Think you might be taking a step backwards here.
KennyBoi liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 1:36 p.m.
Quoting: Ritzy
You're a BOS fan, and think the VAN trade is a good one?

Think you might be taking a step backwards here.

I was really just trying to avoid everyone saying it's not enough. Pick(s) or prospects coming back would be ideal.

Bruins biggest weakness is physicality. Schenn is that and I worry about Carlo's ability to stay healthy. Especially in playoffs.

Van seems a bit toxic right now and I think Garland is better than he has played.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 1:40 p.m.
Quoting: Propeller09
I was really just trying to avoid everyone saying it's not enough. Pick(s) or prospects coming back would be ideal.

Bruins biggest weakness is physicality. Schenn is that and I worry about Carlo's ability to stay healthy. Especially in playoffs.

Van seems a bit toxic right now and I think Garland is better than he has played.

You’ve made this team SO much worse.
KennyBoi and Pasta88_ liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 1:50 p.m.
We do not have a retention slot to use of Nathan Beaulieu for $450,000
CHAR liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 1:50 p.m.
The Ducks aren't going to waste a retention slot on Beaulieu but getting Frederic in a deal is pretty appealing. How about you drop the 4th from ANA and Wagner from BOS and structure the retention around a 3-way on Toews with the Ducks retaining on him. Probably needs a bit extra some where to balance it out fully but I like that as a basis for a trade.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 1:52 p.m.
the toews deal i'd do , schenn i think would be a good add for the right price , garland even intrigues me but not if the cost is carlo , hard pass on the ducks deal , give me fredrick any day over beaulieu . i'm hesitant to subtract much if anything from the roster outside of riley and smith , maybe gryz if he was used in a deal for chychrun
Propeller09 liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 2:10 p.m.
Quoting: DefenseFirst
You’ve made this team SO much worse.

Disagree - Long term, yes.

This year - no

Toews, Garland, schenn > frederic and Carlo in the short term.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 2:15 p.m.
Quoting: Mikej
the toews deal i'd do , schenn i think would be a good add for the right price , garland even intrigues me but not if the cost is carlo , hard pass on the ducks deal , give me fredrick any day over beaulieu . i'm hesitant to subtract much if anything from the roster outside of riley and smith , maybe gryz if he was used in a deal for chychrun

I trust forbort to pick up a couple extra minutes and make up the gap betwen schenn and Carlo. The Bruins need to get more physical. Schenn will bring that as would beaulieu. Frederic deal is an overpay. I figured they would salty about Lindholm for Vaak +
Feb. 1, 2023 at 2:16 p.m.
Quoting: GeneralLandro
We do not have a retention slot to use of Nathan Beaulieu for $450,000

Boo.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 2:37 p.m.

This year - no

Honestly i think subtracting carlo for those three additions is a net negative. They’re so much worse this year with these trades. It’s truly team destroying. I see nothing that makes me think garland is an improvement on frederic. Schenn would be a good addition as a 7th D. This move blows apart the strength of the top four. Toews just isn’t needed at all barring season ending injury to a center. Even then, zacha is fine at center.
KennyBoi liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 2:58 p.m.
Hawks decline. A late 3rd isn't getting Toews. Smith is obviously a cap dump, and Zboril may be a serviceable NHL d man, but the Hawks are loaded at left D and don't need more bodies, so his value to the Hawks is negligible
Garak liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 3:26 p.m.
Honestly i think subtracting carlo for those three additions is a net negative. They’re so much worse this year with these trades. It’s truly team destroying. I see nothing that makes me think garland is an improvement on frederic. Schenn would be a good addition as a 7th D. This move blows apart the strength of the top four. Toews just isn’t needed at all barring season ending injury to a center. Even then, zacha is fine at center.

Just like to point out frederic is 24. Garland is 26. About 100 NHL games separate them. Garland is avg 21.28 goals per 82gp. Frederic is avg 10.86 goals per 82 gp.

So garland scores 2x as much. Garland also has 6.more total points thus far & has never had less than Frederic career high of 18pts. Garland's possession numbers are substantially better as well.

In Carlo's last three playoff series 28gp. 2a & -5. Last year was bad, and he is injury prone. Forbort can do that. Carlo has a higher ceiling. Adding schenn's physicality and toughness would be huge. McAvoy shouldn't be the guy who has to step up the physicality.

Then Toews is just Toews. Proven winner. Elite faceoff man amd defensively and still has some offense. He would be 5th on the Bruins in goals with 14. Coyle has 11.

I can understand not loving this longterm, but in the short term I don't see how this makes them worse. Let alone destroying this team.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 3:31 p.m.
Quoting: Hawksguy81
Hawks decline. A late 3rd isn't getting Toews. Smith is obviously a cap dump, and Zboril may be a serviceable NHL d man, but the Hawks are loaded at left D and don't need more bodies, so his value to the Hawks is negligible

I've heard that is the asking price. Smith is a guy who could be flipped, especially if salary is retained. Toews salary is an obstacle even with retention. You can never hqve too many D. Zboril would playing on most NHL teams. He needs a fresh start.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 3:59 p.m.
I've heard that is the asking price. Smith is a guy who could be flipped, especially if salary is retained. Toews salary is an obstacle even with retention. You can never hqve too many D. Zboril would playing on most NHL teams. He needs a fresh start.

Apprecite your explanation, but it doesn't alter my view on this. That report of a 2nd or a 3rd for Toews was what 2 GM's would be willing to pay for him, nothing to do with what Hawks would actually accept. Teams don't trade for a guy (Smith) so they can then retain on him in another trade. And Hawks would likely use their 2 remaining retention slots on Kane, Anthanasou or Domi before Smith anyway since the return on those guys would be better than any return on a half retained Smith. So, he's a cap dump. Hawks have 2 left shot D men in the AHL who need NHL ice time, and 4 more young prospects they are high on. Zboril just isn't a guy the Hawks need. His fresh start will have to be elsewhere.
Garak liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 4:04 p.m.
Just like to point out frederic is 24. Garland is 26. About 100 NHL games separate them. Garland is avg 21.28 goals per 82gp. Frederic is avg 10.86 goals per 82 gp.

So garland scores 2x as much. Garland also has 6.more total points thus far & has never had less than Frederic career high of 18pts. Garland's possession numbers are substantially better as well.

In Carlo's last three playoff series 28gp. 2a & -5. Last year was bad, and he is injury prone. Forbort can do that. Carlo has a higher ceiling. Adding schenn's physicality and toughness would be huge. McAvoy shouldn't be the guy who has to step up the physicality.

Then Toews is just Toews. Proven winner. Elite faceoff man amd defensively and still has some offense. He would be 5th on the Bruins in goals with 14. Coyle has 11.

I can understand not loving this longterm, but in the short term I don't see how this makes them worse. Let alone destroying this team.

Alright, lets take this one by one - Frederic vs Garland. I think you’re taking a really overly simplistic approach, and kind of cherry picking too. If we’re talking career averages, what are we doing? I really don’t care what Garland did in arizona a couple years ago. Frederic is coming into his own and Garland is really struggling. I say this as kind of a garland fan. I’ve been on the ice with the guy, he’s awesome…but he’s undeniably struggling while Frederic is thriving.

It also seems like you’re not really looking at the role. Neither player is cracking the top six, and neither player is getting PP time. So, first examine the identity of the line these guys would play on…then look at what they’ve done at even strength.
Garland: 657 minutes - 8 goals - 10 assists - 18 points.
Frederic: 517 minutes - 10 goals - 8 assists - 18 points.

So frederic is producing more…much more. For 20% of the price. And he seems to be getting better daily.

Then we’ve got Carlo. I don’t even know if I should bother. If you’re actually telling me how many points carlo has in the playoffs, I think you’re just missing the point of Brandon carlo, and hockey in general. I also don’t really care what he did last year. It was a bad year for him. He’s been utterly fantastic this year. We’ve also seen him be dominant in the playoffs in the past. He was the best player on the ice the last series the bruins played against toronto - for either side. Put it this way. If Vancouver had Carlo and Frederic, and the bruins had Schenn and Garland, I would happily include two first round picks + in the exchange to get Carlo and Frederic out of Vancouver. It’s just such a horrible idea. Carlo is one of the biggest reasons that the bruins have the lowest GAA in the league by a ridiculous margin.

Toews - We all know what he was, but it isn’t 2015. He’s not the same guy, and I just can’t imagine how anyone would think he’s necessary.

Overall theme here - aside from god awful value - go take a look at the standings. This team doesn’t need major surgery. They’re on pace to break league records. They’re first in GAA by a mile. They’re three goals away from being first in goals for too. They’ve got the best PK% in the league, and you’ve ripped maybe their most important penalty killer off the roster. This run has been really fun, lets hope that Sweeney doesn’t trash the team like this would.
KennyBoi liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 4:05 p.m.

Loaded at LD? They hawks aren’t loaded anywhere. Caleb Jones and Jack Johnson strike you as loaded? Sheesh man.

FYI Zboril spends a good chunk of his time at RD, if not the majority of it.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 4:16 p.m.
Loaded at LD? They hawks aren’t loaded anywhere. Caleb Jones and Jack Johnson strike you as loaded? Sheesh man.

FYI Zboril spends a good chunk of his time at RD, if not the majority of it.

Korchinski, Allen, DelMastro (all played for Canada's gold metal team at recent WJC) plus Kaiser, Vlasic and Phillips. 6 young left shot D Hawks are very high on. Johnson and Tinordi are taking ice time from Vlasic and Phillips because Hawks are tanking. Believe me, last thing the Hawks are looking to add is another left shot D - regardless of which side he plays on.
Garak liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 4:16 p.m.
Korchinski, Allen, DelMastro (all played for Canada's gold metal team at recent WJC) plus Kaiser, Vlasic and Phillips. 6 young left shot D Hawks are very high on. Johnson and Tinordi are taking ice time from Vlasic and Phillips because Hawks are tanking. Believe me, last thing the Hawks are looking to add is another left shot D - regardless of which side he plays on.

Ohhhhh so you mean guys that are nowhere near the NHL? Whatever you say man.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 4:51 p.m.

This year - no

This is an absurd take.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 4:52 p.m.
Bedard23

Smith and Zboril have no value

Gonna need to bump the pick up to a second and that’s all I’ll take instead of more meaningless players with no value what so ever
Feb. 1, 2023 at 5:02 p.m.
Quoting: IconicHawk
Smith and Zboril have no value

Gonna need to bump the pick up to a second and that’s all I’ll take instead of more meaningless players with no value what so ever

Lol. Zboril has about as much value as a 3c making 10m.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 5:03 p.m.
Quoting: KennyBoi
This is an absurd take.

No, not really but explain - please.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 5:33 p.m.
Ohhhhh so you mean guys that are nowhere near the NHL? Whatever you say man.

Korchinski will most likely be on the NHL roster next season. Vlasic, Phillips, and (maybe) Roos are all ready for legit NHL time right now. Allen and Del Mastro are probably going pro at the end of their junior seasons but probably need at least next season in the AHL before they graduate. I could see either of them impressing right away and getting NHL time, though. Galvas impressed in a short stint in the NHL last season but hasn't been up since then, for whatever reason. Regula should be ready for a jump to the NHL full time. Mitchell already is in the NHL full time. Kaiser, Taige Harding, Connor Kelley, etc. all probably go pro between next summer and the summer after, plus whoever we draft this year and next year and how ready they are. Caleb Jones and Jack Johnson likely won't be back next season. They might even be gone by the TDL. CHI needs roster space to give kids NHL opportunities, not to fill it with more veteran contracts and reclamation projects.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 5:47 p.m.
No, not really but explain - please.

I think i kinda just did that for him. This so obviously makes the bruins worse now
KennyBoi liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 5:51 p.m.
Bedard23
Lol. Zboril has about as much value as a 3c making 10m.

What indications are there that he’ll do Jack s*it in the nhl?

His upside at this stage is fringe NHL/Top pairing AHL defensemen

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll