Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 1, 2023 at 2:48 p.m.
ej15 BYATCH
no
Feb. 1, 2023 at 2:49 p.m.
I did an ACGM about a month and a half ago throwing Roberston (pre injury) and a 2nd for Henrique 50% retained and Ducks fans were receptive to it.

So no, it doesn't make sense. Massive overpay given feedback from the otherside.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 2:54 p.m.
Dubas intern
Quoting: swinny
I did an ACGM about a month and a half ago throwing Roberston (pre injury) and a 2nd for Henrique 50% retained and Ducks fans were receptive to it.

So no, it doesn't make sense. Massive overpay given feedback from the otherside.

Lol, usually I put the price quite high, as I know the fans of the other team (in this case Henrique) overvalues their players.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 2:57 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
No
Feb. 1, 2023 at 2:57 p.m.
Amirov Forever
I'd be content with Henrique as a target, but I don't understand people's want for Comtois and subsequent insertion into the top 6. He's not THAT good
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 2:58 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: klaw2
Lol, usually I put the price quite high, as I know the fans of the other team (in this case Henrique) overvalues their players.

Your past few year have either been ruff (Rivalry of Jets vs Leafs) or super exciting (Jets vs Leafs)
Feb. 1, 2023 at 2:59 p.m.
torontos finest
Comtois looks not great, would rather just bring in Henrique.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
Comtois looks not great, would rather just bring in Henrique.

id rather hang onto Comtois and hope he bounces back with an actual NHL quality HC next season
Feb. 1, 2023 at 3:01 p.m.
lets make this easier -- Uncle Rico for your 2023 1st and Mayne another small piece
GiggywithGibby liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 3:01 p.m.

In a rare case of levity...... they didn't lol.

But Henrique for me is 100% the target. Not Meier, not Tarasenko, not ROR.

Henrique plays 200 feet, produces offensively well enough to justify top 6 minutes and at half retained, the Leafs can afford to hold into Bunting (provided he does go all Rouge on us and demand crazy money) and Kämpf. Totally fits what Keefe has going on with the team.defense mentality right now. And oh..... he can play centre too! Competently.

For those that wonder if he waives his NTC? He is from Brantford, so moving closer.to home for a crack at a Cup to close out a great career is going to tempt him a great deal.
OldNYIfan, klaw2 and GiggywithGibby liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 3:05 p.m.
Quoting: GeneralLandro
lets make this easier -- Uncle Rico for your 2023 1st and Mayne another small piece

Now that is a massive overvalue, lol

Since I have suggested Roberston and a 2023 2nd in the past, which was accepted by Ducks faithful replying to the post, I may rapprochement that with a second conditional puck based in Robertson staying healthy, or Hirvonen and a 2nd.

I love Adam's game. I really think he is THE fit here for the Leafs. But I simply don't see him garnering a 2023 1st in any deal.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 3:08 p.m.
Now that is a massive overvalue, lol

Since I have suggested Roberston and a 2023 2nd in the past, which was accepted by Ducks faithful replying to the post, I may rapprochement that with a second conditional puck based in Robertson staying healthy, or Hirvonen and a 2nd.

I love Adam's game. I really think he is THE fit here for the Leafs. But I simply don't see him garnering a 2023 1st in any deal.

was it really, I don't think that would be a Verbeek move as Robo is tiny and he has stated that we wants size

1.5 years of a guy on pace for 25-30 goals that is under 3 mil a year isn't a 'massive overvalue'
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 3:17 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too

Depends upon what your value of Comtois is. At the time you made your ACGM, as you say, Robertson was uninjured (again), so it stands to reason that a healthy Robertson plus a second = a first. Here, Henrique with full retention (no point in retaining just $2.25 million) plus the 2023 third = the 2023 Toronto first, in accordance with your analysis and evaluation. That leaves a UFA, two B prospects and a third for Comtois and a fifth. That part of the deal is not only unfavorable to Anaheim, it's also just window-dressing.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 3:19 p.m.

Robertson is a polarizing prospect. Some love him, others don't. I wouldn't touch either prospect plus a 2nd for Henrique personally.

But I simply don't see him garnering a 2023 1st in any deal.

Ducks keeping him is well within the possibilities. For one thing the team does need to worry a little bit about the cap floor next season even with big extensions to Terry and Zegras. Keeping Rico makes it easier to justify a Silfverberg buyout from a floor perspective and I REALLY want that buyout to happen.
OldNYIfan and GiggywithGibby liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 3:21 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too

I cannot understand why you value a healthy Robertson plus a second as worth less than a first, or that a healthy Robertson = Hirvonen.

Try substituting Niemela in your mind for Robertson. And the point is moot in any event because you don't have a 2023 second.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 3:23 p.m.
was it really, I don't think that would be a Verbeek move as Robo is tiny and he has stated that we wants size

1.5 years of a guy on pace for 25-30 goals that is under 3 mil a year isn't a 'massive overvalue'

All for the size factor, but you do need a mix of shifty and quick. Robertson is that, and plays with more grit than you would expect. But I am aware of Verbeek's "size mantra", but having a team composed to 6'2" 220lbers doesn't equate success, just means you tough to play against. And as of right now, that size mantra isn't exactly working out well in Anaheim, I for one didn't see them as a playoff team, but I sure as hell thought they were better than this too. Verbeek can attempt recreate the Dead Puck Devils teams he was a part of (look those teams up, they were nasty!), but in today's NHL, not sure it is going to work. Need a balance.

But yeah, I do think a 2023 1st is an overpay, especially when you are asking for a prospect in top of that.

I am very familiar with Henrique's game (clearly), and not about to diminish his value.

But Robertson (pre injury) and a 2nd seemed to wet the whistle. And honestly, a healthy Robertson I think could he quite effective as a Duck.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 3:27 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Depends upon what your value of Comtois is. At the time you made your ACGM, as you say, Robertson was uninjured (again), so it stands to reason that a healthy Robertson plus a second = a first. Here, Henrique with full retention (no point in retaining just $2.25 million) plus the 2023 third = the 2023 Toronto first, in accordance with your analysis and evaluation. That leaves a UFA, two B prospects and a third for Comtois and a fifth. That part of the deal is not only unfavorable to Anaheim, it's also just window-dressing.

If I am the Ducks, I wouldn't be moving Comtois for that. Not at all. Power forwards take time to grow. Todd Bertuzzi was in year 6 of his NHL career before it clicked.

My valuation here is simply based on Henrique. Factoring in age and contract, with retention and the timing of the offer, I think was pretty bang on.

Comtois is an investment in time. And moving him for a bag of pucks is about as pointless as it gets. Besides, given the season Steel is having in Minny, not sure Verbeek is hot and heavy to give up on another player that easily.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 3:40 p.m.
I cannot understand why you value a healthy Robertson plus a second as worth less than a first, or that a healthy Robertson = Hirvonen.

Try substituting Niemela in your mind for Robertson. And the point is moot in any event because you don't have a 2023 second.

Say what you will, but Ducks fans saw value in that proposal at the time. And it was a 2024 2nd. Thumbs hit the wrong digit.

Not saying Robertson isn't polarizing.....he is. But he has talent. I for one don't see that being realized in Toronto. Elsewhere yes. I see Roberston rounding out to be a 50-60 point winger. Which is what Henrique has always been on the high end. Plus the pick....

What is conjecture here is the valuation of prospects. We all see different things until they play in the NHL. You don't like Robertson, ok. He is hard to gauge. You don't like Hirvonen - but there is a guy with an already defines defensive game with offensive upside (beautiful 3rd line material). I look at Ducks prospect Drew Helleson amd see a player that should male that team next year. Can skate, drives play offensively......

Dubas missed the boat with Mason Marchment, hit a home run on Zach Hyman.

Point is, prospect are inherent risks. We can project, and guess, but until we see what they do in the NHL.......
Feb. 1, 2023 at 3:43 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
If I am the Ducks, I wouldn't be moving Comtois for that. Not at all. Power forwards take time to grow. Todd Bertuzzi was in year 6 of his NHL career before it clicked.

My valuation here is simply based on Henrique. Factoring in age and contract, with retention and the timing of the offer, I think was pretty bang on.

So do I. So I'm mystified when you backtrack and say he's not worth a first when you said (and still believe) that he was worth a second plus a fully functional Robertson (or, as I said in my companion comment, Niemela). And I'm willing to add the Anaheim fourth-rounder.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 4:25 p.m.
Dubas intern
All for the size factor, but you do need a mix of shifty and quick. Robertson is that, and plays with more grit than you would expect. But I am aware of Verbeek's "size mantra", but having a team composed to 6'2" 220lbers doesn't equate success, just means you tough to play against. And as of right now, that size mantra isn't exactly working out well in Anaheim, I for one didn't see them as a playoff team, but I sure as hell thought they were better than this too. Verbeek can attempt recreate the Dead Puck Devils teams he was a part of (look those teams up, they were nasty!), but in today's NHL, not sure it is going to work. Need a balance.

But yeah, I do think a 2023 1st is an overpay, especially when you are asking for a prospect in top of that.

I am very familiar with Henrique's game (clearly), and not about to diminish his value.

But Robertson (pre injury) and a 2nd seemed to wet the whistle. And honestly, a healthy Robertson I think could he quite effective as a Duck.

Add in the fact he is from SoCal, it would be a nice story for him to get a fresh start close to home. If he can hit, his upside can be a solid 20-25 goal second line winger, just injuries + inconsistency hasn't allowed him to have much traction.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 4:26 p.m.
Dubas intern
id rather hang onto Comtois and hope he bounces back with an actual NHL quality HC next season

I feel like Comtois and Robertson's value is similar at the moment, and I substituted Hirvonen in for him in this scenario. I just feel like he fits the Leafs timeline better than Robertson does, and vice versa. Its not a perfect swap of value, but a Comtois + Henrique trade will land you a package not far off from what I laid out.
Feb. 1, 2023 at 7:47 p.m.
I feel like Comtois and Robertson's value is similar at the moment, and I substituted Hirvonen in for him in this scenario. I just feel like he fits the Leafs timeline better than Robertson does, and vice versa. Its not a perfect swap of value, but a Comtois + Henrique trade will land you a package not far off from what I laid out.

Completely disagree as all three players you have in there have no value to us and Comtois value he could still have to us is more than he is worth so trading him legitimately makes no sense
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 2, 2023 at 12:23 a.m.
So do I. So I'm mystified when you backtrack and say he's not worth a first when you said (and still believe) that he was worth a second plus a fully functional Robertson (or, as I said in my companion comment, Niemela). And I'm willing to add the Anaheim fourth-rounder.

Saying I wouldn't move a first in 2023, not that he isn't worth it. The draft is deep, so moving a higher end prospect who is expendable at this time imo (Roberston) and a 2nd males.more sense than a 2023 1st who will have 4 years of developmemt time and waiver eligibility.

Sooner move the package than a singular pick. For the Ducks picking up an NHL ready youngster with a 2nd seems about where they are really at in turning it around. But that is what I see..... a potential long term linemate for Zagras or MacTavish.

And.for the record.... I probably would entertain Neimela and a 2nd as well. But I don't see in terms of where the Ducks are if he is NHL ready enough to be a factor in such a deal. Ducks fans can make that call.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 2, 2023 at 4:18 a.m.
Future Ducks legend
Saying I wouldn't move a first in 2023, not that he isn't worth it. The draft is deep, so moving a higher end prospect who is expendable at this time imo (Roberston) and a 2nd males.more sense than a 2023 1st who will have 4 years of developmemt time and waiver eligibility.

Sooner move the package than a singular pick. For the Ducks picking up an NHL ready youngster with a 2nd seems about where they are really at in turning it around. But that is what I see..... a potential long term linemate for Zagras or MacTavish.

And.for the record.... I probably would entertain Neimela and a 2nd as well. But I don't see in terms of where the Ducks are if he is NHL ready enough to be a factor in such a deal. Ducks fans can make that call.

I'm probably the Ducks Faithful who was game for Robo + 2nd at the time, there's massive upside there and I think as McTavish winger on the 2nd line could be fantastic.

But damn man, another season ending surgery just SUCKS for him, and really tanks his value. It's not even that he keeps reinjuring the same thing, every injury is a new, previously undamaged part of his body. Poor kids going to be covered in scar tissue if he has an NHL career of any length.

I'd still like to see him as a duck, a couple shifty, small talent guys on a roster full of beef cakes should be well protected. Really grinds my gears that we didn't take Tolvanen when available, I think he would also have been a fantastic top 6 LW
OldNYIfan and CHAR liked this.
Feb. 2, 2023 at 11:05 a.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
I'm probably the Ducks Faithful who was game for Robo + 2nd at the time, there's massive upside there and I think as McTavish winger on the 2nd line could be fantastic.

But damn man, another season ending surgery just SUCKS for him, and really tanks his value. It's not even that he keeps reinjuring the same thing, every injury is a new, previously undamaged part of his body. Poor kids going to be covered in scar tissue if he has an NHL career of any length.

I'd still like to see him as a duck, a couple shifty, small talent guys on a roster full of beef cakes should be well protected. Really grinds my gears that we didn't take Tolvanen when available, I think he would also have been a fantastic top 6 LW

Yeah, I absolutely agree. He would be a great amongst the trees in Anaheim. Becoming this skating bandaid kills Robertson's value. Why I realize it maybe time to re-evaluate that proposal. Where initially the value was there, the Ducks are taking in far too much risk to make that particular package attractive enough to get it done. Not even sure if adding an additional conditional pick would do it.

Hirvonen is attractive as well, but I believe he tops out as a very good 3rd liner, and the Ducks have those guys, so not sure if he carries that kind of weight if coupled with an additional pick.

And as I said, I would entertain Neimela and a 2nd, but I beleive he is 3-4 years away. Although he looks awefully good, I am not sold he is NHL ready for when the Ducks looks to make their move (which I see being 2 years out given the blueline).

Moving Knies, for the Leafs is completely counterproductive.

So, Henrique to the Leafs maybe a deal for another day.

But, I was really weirded out by how the Ducks passed of Tolvanen. And the Yotes for that matter. Let's throw in the Sharks too. I didn't think Nashville killed his value that much..... Verbeek missed out on that one I think. The kid was totally worth a gamble on the waiver wore.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll