Forums/Armchair-GM

More Surgery

Created by: Nighthawk
Team: 2022-23 Vancouver Canucks
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 2, 2023
Published: Feb. 2, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Canucks can take on cap dumps of 1 year as the 3rd team in trades for picks/prospects.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
2$850,000
3$775,000
Trades
MIN
  1. Boeser, Brock ($650,000 retained)
VAN
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (SEA)
VAN
  1. Kulich, Jiri
  2. 2023 2nd round pick (PHI)
BUF
  1. Demko, Thatcher
Additional Details:
Help Sabres get into the PO’s. Nearing his healthy return. Buys Levi more develop time.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$64,406,250$1,250,000$932,500$18,093,750
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$7,350,000$7,350,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$825,000$825,000
LW
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
LW
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
RW, C
RFA - 2
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
C
UFA - 2
$883,750$883,750 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LD
UFA - 5
$1,800,000$1,800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
G
UFA - 2
$7,260,000$7,260,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
RFA
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 2, 2023 at 9:04 a.m.
Quoting: Nighthawk
Was wise to hold off. Sabres are right in the thick of it knocking on the door. Hoping your team makes a move or 2 they’ve earned it. Times are looking rosey & imo ripe to make a PO push. PO experience is well overdue. GL

The team lacks physicality the bottom 6 needs to be restructured as does the bottom 3 on defense. It's time to say goodbye to players like Girgensons and Okposo and bring in some young physical players. Both have served the team well and Okposo goes out as captain and the Sabres find a place in management for him.
That's why I am all for the Sabres going after Meier for the 2nd line, he brings more to that line than either youngster does or ever will bc he is a different type of player. In saying that I'm not putting Quinn or Peterka down just different type of game each brings to the table.
BUFF36 liked this.
Feb. 2, 2023 at 9:33 a.m.
Fair enough if no deal. Counter if you like. Btw nobody takes Pronman seriously. BobMac ✅

My counter would be Phi 2nd, Portillo, maybe another B prospect (wingers Kisakov, Bloom, Nadeau, or Poktapov). It probably isn’t enough, and that’s fine, but that would be my personal max offer, at least as of now.
Feb. 2, 2023 at 9:40 a.m.
2018 Canucks
Quoting: Lsendel3
My counter would be Phi 2nd, Portillo, maybe another B prospect (wingers Kisakov, Bloom, Nadeau, or Poktapov). It probably isn’t enough, and that’s fine, but that would be my personal max offer, at least as of now.

No not enough since not shopping Demko.

I’ll counter with Demko/Schenn for a 1st+
Feb. 2, 2023 at 9:49 a.m.
No not enough since not shopping Demko.

I’ll counter with Demko/Schenn for a 1st+

Would rather just roll with what Buffalo has. Btw, I totally understand the ask/push for that. He’s worth less to teams than Van at the moment I feel like
Feb. 2, 2023 at 9:49 a.m.
Osiecki death stare
I hearya there. Dumba will be gone & save 6m. Adding Boeser at 6m less 3m for Greenway leaves 3m for a UFA or other trade. It can be done if BG decides to do it.

That’s not what I said. I said they need to send equivalent cap back for the next two years. Dumba is expiring and Boldy has a $6M raise starting next year.
Feb. 2, 2023 at 11:48 a.m.
Edited Feb. 2, 2023 at 10:04 p.m.
Quoting: wojme
SABRES AREN'T GIVING UP GOOD ASSETS FOR AN INJURED DEMKO
Quoting: Funksoljah
Once healthy does he continue with his sub .900 save % and allowing terrible goals off low danger shots? Or does he revert back to being above average? That's a gamble with a goalie who has had several hip injuries now, and likely not one Buffalo makes given there are already 3 goalies on the roster.
Quoting: BUFF36
Can't see Kulich in there, Sabres don't need to trade for a Goalie. Demko would be nice, but not for Kulich.
Quoting: Lenny54
I agree on Mckenzie but he doesn't do organizational prospect rankings so we are stuck with those that do.
I presume we all had a chance to see a preview of a playoff game against the Canes.
Playing either the Canes or Bruins would most likely end poorly.
So my questions for today-
What would the Sabres gain by trading away assets to make the playoffs this year?
Which has more value 28th OA or Jiri Kulich; or 34th OA or John Peterka?
Would it not be wiser to let this season play out, use the current draft capital to add to the prospect pool then trade either prospects or established NHL performers (i.e. Olofsson) to fill in holes next TDL or the off season?
Savoie, Kulich, Ostund, 2023 first and other forward prospects could be on the team in two years or sooner, replacing Asplund, Okposo, Girgensons, Hinostroza, Olofsson.
As a season ticket holder from the beginning (yes I am really old my friends), few people want to see a Sabre raise a cup more than I, but adding Meier, Demko or others may upset the chemistry (IDK just spitballin') as well as the team cap.
Moving up to get Peterka was brilliant, Kulich falling to 28th OA was a stroke of luck.
Jeramiah Crowe has done a great job drafting, let him continue to perform his voodoo magic.
Continue to draft well, sign Johnson, Portillo and Levi, build on the comoradrie that Granato has generated, playout this year with the cards dealt and be better next year.
Maybe this TDL cap strapped teams will gift d-men to the Sabres at the TDL, one can only hope!
Well that is my tome of the day.
BUFF36, wojme, ChestNut33 and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 2, 2023 at 3:16 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Dont want garland
Feb. 2, 2023 at 6:10 p.m.
2018 Canucks
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
I presume we all had a chance to see a preview of a playoff game against the Canes.
What would the Sabres gain by trading away assets to make the playoffs this year?
Would it not be wiser to let this season play out, use the current draft capital to add to the prospect pool then trade either prospects or established NHL performers (i.e. Olofsson) to fill in holes next TDL or the off season?
Savoie, Kulich, Ostund, 2023 first and other forward prospects could be on the team in two years or sooner, replacing Asplund, Okposo, Girgensons, Hinostroza, Olofsson.
As a season ticket holder from the beginning (yes I am really old my friends), few people want to see a Sabre raise a cup more than I, but adding Meier, Demko or others may upset the chemistry (IDK just spitballin') as well as the team cap.
Moving up to get Peterka was brilliant, Kulich falling to 28th OA was a stroke of luck.
Jeramiah Crowe has done a great job drafting, let him continue to perform his voodoo magic.
Continue to draft well, sign Johnson, Portillo and Levi, build on the comoradrie that Granato has generatrf, playout this year with the cards dealt and be better next year.
Maybe this TDL cap strapped teams will gift d-men to the Sabres at the TDL, one can only hope!

Cannot see how Demko can upset chemistry or cap.
Feb. 2, 2023 at 8:38 p.m.
Cannot see how Demko can upset chemistry or cap.
Surely you jest.
He has not played in two months and his salary would be the fourth highest on the team and you do not see how that could be a problem for the rest of the roster!
While Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen gave up 4 goals yesterday, it was a team breakdown and all were unstoppable.
Buffalo does not need a GK at this point.
BUFF36 and Lenny54 liked this.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 1:50 a.m.
Minnesota Wild
Edited Feb. 3, 2023 at 1:57 a.m.
I hearya there. Dumba will be gone & save 6m. Adding Boeser at 6m less 3m for Greenway leaves 3m for a UFA or other trade. It can be done if BG decides to do it.

Yeah, you don't really understand our cap situation. The dead money from Parise and Suter is going up another $2 million and Boldy's extension will be costing us an extra $6.11 million in cap space. Dumba falling off the books is needed just to cover most of the extension. We still have to shed money to account for RFA raises and the buyout cap increases.

We have $9.33 million in cap space with 14 players signed for next year. This trade puts us at $5.68 million with 14 players signed. We can't reasonably fill out a full roster with that much money. We could sign 7 players (4F/1D/1G/1 extra) for exactly the league minimum and have a 21 man roster, but we'd have no room for injury buffer and we'd also be forced to let all our RFAs (including Addison and Gustavsson) walk which isn't going to happen. We also wouldn't be able to put Marco Rossi, Sammy Walker, and Brock Faber on the roster as planned because their cap hits are (or in Faber's case, will be) too high.

In other words, no we really can't afford to take Boeser's full $6.65 million back even with Greenway going the other way.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 7:23 a.m.
Edited Feb. 3, 2023 at 7:29 a.m.
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
Continue to draft well, sign Johnson, Portillo and Levi, build on the comoradrie that Granato has generated, playout this year with the cards dealt and be better next year.

I understand where you are coming from but my feeling is that a player like Konecny or Meier brings a different type of game to the table that we don't have on this team or in the system, either of these players shouldn't be brought here for a playoff push but as a piece for the future. Meier is younger than Tuch by a few months so if all feel Tuch fits the timeline so does Meier (just that he would possibly be here longer) due to an extension. Sabres need some size on the team and I don't think there is a sabre fan that would disagree. Losing an Ostlund isn't going to hurt the prospect pool, we are stocked at center and wing but as i've said I don't trade Savoie bc he plays a 200' game and Kulich is Olofssons replacement. If an injury were to occur both Savoie and Kulich can move to center.
You just can't build and entire team through the draft...Sabres have their core in place, now is the time you add a piece here and there by trade or as we have seen take a shot on a waiver claim which is a risk free move (Jost) who has fit in nicely but in reality should be the 4th line center. Hopefully Savoie jumps in as the 3rd line center next year.
gretzkyghosts liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll