Forums/Armchair-GM

If All Else Fails

Created by: KingofRnR
Team: 2022-23 Calgary Flames
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 2, 2023
Published: Feb. 2, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
If the competition for Barbashev, Tarasenko, Domi, Konecny, Duclair are too high and Treliving doesn’t want to pay a premium, I say go hard for Ryan O’Reilly & Mike Hoffman to bolster the Top-6 & Increase Scoring both at Even Strengh and on the PP.

Hard to gauge value on Hoffman and Kylington, but CGY needs help Scoring and MTL can throw Kylington on LTIR and get better value in return for him in the off-or-next season.

I believe Sutter would like a better 4C and Acciari’s the best option for that spot. The alternative might be Nick Bonino or Michael McCarron

I like Zadorov-Weegar, so let’s pursue a decent 3LD. Dermott could do just as well with Tanev as Kylington did.

As for my line combos, I think Kadri is our “Tkachuk Replacement” and will do well at 1RW, taking turns on Faceoffs with the More Defensively Responsible Lindholm.

Huberdeau is our “Johnny Hockey Replacement”, but hasn’t really taken off, so I’m recommending bringing in a Strong Sam Bennett type Centre in ROR and bringing in familiarity and past success with Hoffman. As much as the guy and/or his wife are apparently nuts, the guy does net pucks, comes with grit and isn’t afraid to drive to the net.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
1$925,000
Trades
CGY
  1. Hoffman, Mike ($2,250,000 retained)
  2. Kostenko, Dmitri [Reserve List]
STL
  1. Rooney, Kevin
  2. 2023 4th round pick (CGY)
CGY
  1. O'Reilly, Ryan
Additional Details:
What’s O’Reilly Worth With No Retention!?
STL
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (CGY)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$73,325,000$0$200,000$9,175,000
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,900,000$5,900,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$1,875,000$1,875,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LW
UFA - 2
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 5
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW, C
RFA - 2
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000 (Performance Bonus$200,000$200K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 4
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
LW, C
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$863,333$863,333 ($0$0$0$0)
LW
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, C
RFA - 3
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 3, 2023 at 12:06 a.m.
Xercuses
Quoting: KingofRnR
So Acciari for a 4th OR 3rd, but sends something back

And

STL would prefer to retain on ROR to acquire more/better assets. What’s that look like for you between STL & CGY for ROR 50% Retained!? I’d also be interested in CGY’s Cost for Tarasenko 50% retained and Barbashev 0-50% retained

Id say accari gets a third maybe more if there is a bidding war
Blues would like to resign ror but if they get a good enough package ie a 23 first then theyd trade him
VT gets a first, b prospect and 3rd proably
barby gets around a 2nd proably more because of a bidding war
Feb. 3, 2023 at 12:14 a.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: xercuses
Id say accari gets a third maybe more if there is a bidding war
Blues would like to resign ror but if they get a good enough package ie a 23 first then theyd trade him
VT gets a first, b prospect and 3rd proably
barby gets around a 2nd proably more because of a bidding war

Blues can rent ROR and then re-sign him. We’ll see what the demand is for him. I’m hoping he returns to form after a slow start to the season

Tarasenko’s been hurt and isn’t scoring as much as last year, so we’ll see if he gets that full return and same goes for Barby, but I do believe these 2 will have a lot of suitors

Acciari’s a good player having a good season and he’s the best 4C option available imo, but he’s not a Star.

Will be interesting to see what unfolds and what they return in the end
xercuses liked this.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 12:14 a.m.
Dermott = Mackey + Yelesin
Karlsson = Nikolayev (it’s a wash, take them out if not)

There’s tons of LD options that’ll be available, like Vladislav Gavrikov, Mike Reilly, Olli Maata, Robert Hagg, Jack Johnson, Niko Mikkola or Mark Borowiecki and possibly Marc Staal, Erik Gustafsson, Jordie Benn & Hayden Fleury.

I can't see Yelesin or Nikolayev becoming NHL players, not sure they are even AHL players.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 12:21 a.m.
westleysnipez
Dermott = Mackey + Yelesin
Karlsson = Nikolayev (it’s a wash, take them out if not)

There’s tons of LD options that’ll be available, like Vladislav Gavrikov, Mike Reilly, Olli Maata, Robert Hagg, Jack Johnson, Niko Mikkola or Mark Borowiecki and possibly Marc Staal, Erik Gustafsson, Jordie Benn & Hayden Fleury.

Couldn't be farther from equal.

Karlsson is a near P/PG player in the AHL and Nikolayev is under a P/PG in the ECHL. If you believe that is equal, you'd have no problem with Carson Focht for Matthew Phillips.

Dermott is a bonafide Top-6 defensemen, the other two haven't been able to play more than 20 games and are the same age.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 12:27 a.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: audiodave
I can't see Yelesin or Nikolayev becoming NHL players, not sure they are even AHL players.

Yeah maybe, but do we really know!? I mean Kuzmenko was playing in the KHL last season and never played in the AHL and he seems to be doing just fine.

I know some Prospects are obvious Future NHL Players, but the majority are not. They’re fringe players looking for their path to regular duties in the NHL but for various reasons are either held back with certain organizations or it makes more sense to play back home, but just because they didn’t make the AHL, NHL Then or with their Original Team, doesn’t mean they won’t later or with another Team who either has a style of play more suited to their game or help them develop
Feb. 3, 2023 at 12:34 a.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: westleysnipez
Couldn't be farther from equal.

Karlsson is a near P/PG player in the AHL and Nikolayev is under a P/PG in the ECHL. If you believe that is equal, you'd have no problem with Carson Focht for Matthew Phillips.

Dermott is a bonafide Top-6 defensemen, the other two haven't been able to play more than 20 games and are the same age.

LOL 😂 Bonafide Top-6 Defensemen. He’s only played 11 Games and has been a Healthy Scratch most games

No Problem. Keep Karlsson and we’ll keep Nikolayev. There’s a reason he’s in the ECHL. CGY’s AHL Team has far better Centre Depth than VAN’s, so Nikolayev’s playing in Rapid City
Feb. 3, 2023 at 1:02 a.m.
LOL 😂 Bonafide Top-6 Defensemen. He’s only played 11 Games and has been a Healthy Scratch most games

No Problem. Keep Karlsson and we’ll keep Nikolayev. There’s a reason he’s in the ECHL. CGY’s AHL Team has far better Centre Depth than VAN’s, so Nikolayev’s playing in Rapid City

Dermott has been out with a concussion most of this season, not a healthy scratch, and he has played 279 NHL games over 7 seasons.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 1:06 a.m.
TrevorA
Dermott has been out with a concussion most of this season, not a healthy scratch, and he has played 279 NHL games over 7 seasons.

Looks & Sounds like he’s getting pretty prone to injury then
Feb. 3, 2023 at 7:37 a.m.
Quoting: Dutchies
MoxNix is gonna disown you for the MTL trade LOL.

Haha, Calgary has no interest in Hoffman but make it Anderson at 20-25% retained instead and it's a deal.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 11:04 a.m.
Calgary is getting a whole lot while giving up nothing throughout this post. Kylington has next to no value until there is an update on him and even then I don't think the Flames front office moves him out of respect for the situation. If they were to move him, essentially a team is looking at a 1 year rental with 1 good season under his belt, that's the only pieces with any semblance of value in this whole post.

Pospisil - Last year of a 2 way deal, doesn't produce overly well in the AHL, never sniffs the NHL. Half point per game 23 year old's are worth exactly 0 to other organizations. Potentially goes back to Europe.
Rooney - Cap dump, not a significant one and moveable but zero value
Mackey - Has done more damage to his stock this season than helped it, can't play defence, prone to eye popping mistakes, wouldn't play a single game on any roster if there weren't injuries.
Nikolayev - 21 already and can't get out of the ECHL, not due to Wrangler's depth but because he's not even nearing a point per game in the ECHL, probably takes a deal in Russia in the next couple years
Yelesin - 26.. far from a prospect, survived all of 70 games in North America before he realized there's more money in Russia for players like him and Nikolayev

Every player on the Flames side of these deals are genuine bottom of the barrel guys that aren't even just toss in's to a deal, they're a roster spot that other teams wouldn't give up to have these guys. The ask in this post is:

Flames Receive:
Middle six winger (Retained for an extra season)
D Prospect playing pro in Russia at 20
Strong bottom 6 center
RFA D man with the only thing stopping him from being in a ton of top 6's in injury
Top 5 prospect in the Canucks system

Flames Give:
Oliver Kylington with 1 year on his deal until UFA
Mackey and Rooney who may accidently find their ways into lineups cause of an injury
A collection of players that either find themselves in Europe or riding the the bus in the depths of the minors the rest of their careers.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 2:27 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: WranglerWranglin
Calgary is getting a whole lot while giving up nothing throughout this post. Kylington has next to no value until there is an update on him and even then I don't think the Flames front office moves him out of respect for the situation. If they were to move him, essentially a team is looking at a 1 year rental with 1 good season under his belt, that's the only pieces with any semblance of value in this whole post.

Pospisil - Last year of a 2 way deal, doesn't produce overly well in the AHL, never sniffs the NHL. Half point per game 23 year old's are worth exactly 0 to other organizations. Potentially goes back to Europe.
Rooney - Cap dump, not a significant one and moveable but zero value
Mackey - Has done more damage to his stock this season than helped it, can't play defence, prone to eye popping mistakes, wouldn't play a single game on any roster if there weren't injuries.
Nikolayev - 21 already and can't get out of the ECHL, not due to Wrangler's depth but because he's not even nearing a point per game in the ECHL, probably takes a deal in Russia in the next couple years
Yelesin - 26.. far from a prospect, survived all of 70 games in North America before he realized there's more money in Russia for players like him and Nikolayev

Every player on the Flames side of these deals are genuine bottom of the barrel guys that aren't even just toss in's to a deal, they're a roster spot that other teams wouldn't give up to have these guys. The ask in this post is:

Flames Receive:
Middle six winger (Retained for an extra season)
D Prospect playing pro in Russia at 20
Strong bottom 6 center
RFA D man with the only thing stopping him from being in a ton of top 6's in injury
Top 5 prospect in the Canucks system

Flames Give:
Oliver Kylington with 1 year on his deal until UFA
Mackey and Rooney who may accidently find their ways into lineups cause of an injury
A collection of players that either find themselves in Europe or riding the the bus in the depths of the minors the rest of their careers.

That's a Good & Fair Assessment and I'm happy you agree it would be a good return for not having given up very much.

I think picking up a Right Shot Centre Prospect and a Potential Right Shot Russian Defense Partner for Kuznetsov is a good idea, but I'm fine to keep Nikolayev, so remove him and Karlsson. I do find it interesting how other Teams Prospects have Value, but CGY's don't at all when it should be widely known and accepted that Sutter and the Flames organization develop & promote their prospects slower. I'm also adamant that the Wranglers Centre Depth is strong, hence why they place Nikolayev in the ECHL to play more minutes in a Top-6 role, where he's been playing & producing just fine. He's a Big, Aggressive, Defensively Responsible Centre from what I can tell.

Kuzmenko was playing in the KHL before coming to the NHL... I agree Yelesin saw the writing on the wall that he wasn't going to get an opportunity with the Flames and would make more back home in Russia, where he's playing well and showcasing himself in the KHL. He may want another opportunity to crack an NHL Lineup via a PTO, so he can play with Kuzmenko, but the Flames still own his Rights. VAN is in need of an RD, so it's just an idea. Dermott seems injury prone and hasn't lived up to his draft pedigree at all, so my question is will VAN qualify him at $1.75mil or at all, letting him walk to Free Agency? So he'd be lost for nothing anyways. Will Dermott be in demand at the TDL!? I personally doubt it.

Pospisil just turned 23, so has a couple more years yet to prove himself. He's better than you let on, especially given his role, which isn't a Top-6 Scoring Role, but injury's have been a problem for him, likely as a result of his intense/hard style of play. As far as Teams not wanting or being interested in Prospects like Pospisil or Yelesin or a Player like Rooney or Mackey, that's simply not true. FLA took German Rubtsov (https://www.capfriendly.com/players/german-rubtsov) and Connor Bunnaman (https://www.capfriendly.com/players/connor-bunnaman) back in Trade as part of the Claude Giroux deal.

We have absolutely no idea what's going on with Kylington, so you can certainly speculate that it's something to feel sorry about, but until we know for sure, I can only speculate that it's a personal, possibly substance related, issue that isn't typically socially approved of or given much sympathy. In any event, he's not helping the team, so if a Team wants to take the gamble and doesn't need him this year, they can buy low on him and try to sell high on him next season. I don't see Hoffman being a highly sought after piece and he's taking up space on MTL's roster that could be used to develop a younger prospect.

I've already conceded Acciari & ROR will probably have far more demand, so the Flames will be forced to pay more for them, including ROR, since STL would prefer to retain on him to gain better/more valuable picks/assets.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 3:31 p.m.
That's a Good & Fair Assessment and I'm happy you agree it would be a good return for not having given up very much.

I think picking up a Right Shot Centre Prospect and a Potential Right Shot Russian Defense Partner for Kuznetsov is a good idea, but I'm fine to keep Nikolayev, so remove him and Karlsson. I do find it interesting how other Teams Prospects have Value, but CGY's don't at all when it should be widely known and accepted that Sutter and the Flames organization develop & promote their prospects slower. I'm also adamant that the Wranglers Centre Depth is strong, hence why they place Nikolayev in the ECHL to play more minutes in a Top-6 role, where he's been playing & producing just fine. He's a Big, Aggressive, Defensively Responsible Centre from what I can tell.

Kuzmenko was playing in the KHL before coming to the NHL... I agree Yelesin saw the writing on the wall that he wasn't going to get an opportunity with the Flames and would make more back home in Russia, where he's playing well and showcasing himself in the KHL. He may want another opportunity to crack an NHL Lineup via a PTO, so he can play with Kuzmenko, but the Flames still own his Rights. VAN is in need of an RD, so it's just an idea. Dermott seems injury prone and hasn't lived up to his draft pedigree at all, so my question is will VAN qualify him at $1.75mil or at all, letting him walk to Free Agency? So he'd be lost for nothing anyways. Will Dermott be in demand at the TDL!? I personally doubt it.

Pospisil just turned 23, so has a couple more years yet to prove himself. He's better than you let on, especially given his role, which isn't a Top-6 Scoring Role, but injury's have been a problem for him, likely as a result of his intense/hard style of play. As far as Teams not wanting or being interested in Prospects like Pospisil or Yelesin or a Player like Rooney or Mackey, that's simply not true. FLA took German Rubtsov (https://www.capfriendly.com/players/german-rubtsov) and Connor Bunnaman (https://www.capfriendly.com/players/connor-bunnaman) back in Trade as part of the Claude Giroux deal.

We have absolutely no idea what's going on with Kylington, so you can certainly speculate that it's something to feel sorry about, but until we know for sure, I can only speculate that it's a personal, possibly substance related, issue that isn't typically socially approved of or given much sympathy. In any event, he's not helping the team, so if a Team wants to take the gamble and doesn't need him this year, they can buy low on him and try to sell high on him next season. I don't see Hoffman being a highly sought after piece and he's taking up space on MTL's roster that could be used to develop a younger prospect.

I've already conceded Acciari & ROR will probably have far more demand, so the Flames will be forced to pay more for them, including ROR, since STL would prefer to retain on him to gain better/more valuable picks/assets.

Agreeing is far from what I am doing here, this is wildly inaccurate and pie in the sky.

How many times have you watched Nikolayev?

Kuzmenko was 25 going over a point per game in the second best league in the world on a top team, that had played in Russia his whole career, Yelesin had a shot, couldn't crack a line up that had Eric Gutafsson, Brandon Davidson and Derek Forbort on the roster.. he'll will be 27 by the time next season rolls around, unheard of that a middle six D man in the KHL comes back to the NHL after not being able to hack it. Is there a previous precedent set that is making you think that's feasible?

Nothing at all points to Pospisil being an NHL'er or better than I am giving him credit for, stats, scouts, reports, there isn't really a shred of anything saying he should be projected in the NHL. The Flames went out and got Klapka, Duehr in the last two off seasons, clearly players that do Pospisil's job at a higher level are not hard to come by here and there. Rooney should be on a league min contract and a FA at the end of this year, he's a zero value trade chip, Mackey has been bad in his most recent showings, on contract for next season, hopefully remains a 7th D man and sees little to no ice time. If Mackey is in your starting 6 at this point you have significant problems.

You can only go with the reports that have come out regarding Kylington, personal matter, not substance related, speculating anything beyond that is disingenuous.

Hoffman then next year would sit on the Flames wing behind Huberdeau, Toffoli, Mangiapane, Dube, Pelletier, Coleman, hopefully Coronato on the depth chart. Hoffman shouldn't be replacing any of those guys or blocking a Zary, Duehr, Schwindt. Hoffman screams James Neal on the Flames roster at this point.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 4:17 p.m.
TrevorA
Agreeing is far from what I am doing here, this is wildly inaccurate and pie in the sky.

How many times have you watched Nikolayev?

Kuzmenko was 25 going over a point per game in the second best league in the world on a top team, that had played in Russia his whole career, Yelesin had a shot, couldn't crack a line up that had Eric Gutafsson, Brandon Davidson and Derek Forbort on the roster.. he'll will be 27 by the time next season rolls around, unheard of that a middle six D man in the KHL comes back to the NHL after not being able to hack it. Is there a previous precedent set that is making you think that's feasible?

Nothing at all points to Pospisil being an NHL'er or better than I am giving him credit for, stats, scouts, reports, there isn't really a shred of anything saying he should be projected in the NHL. The Flames went out and got Klapka, Duehr in the last two off seasons, clearly players that do Pospisil's job at a higher level are not hard to come by here and there. Rooney should be on a league min contract and a FA at the end of this year, he's a zero value trade chip, Mackey has been bad in his most recent showings, on contract for next season, hopefully remains a 7th D man and sees little to no ice time. If Mackey is in your starting 6 at this point you have significant problems.

You can only go with the reports that have come out regarding Kylington, personal matter, not substance related, speculating anything beyond that is disingenuous.

Hoffman then next year would sit on the Flames wing behind Huberdeau, Toffoli, Mangiapane, Dube, Pelletier, Coleman, hopefully Coronato on the depth chart. Hoffman shouldn't be replacing any of those guys or blocking a Zary, Duehr, Schwindt. Hoffman screams James Neal on the Flames roster at this point.

Agree to Disagree as always I guess. Yes, I've seen Nikolayev & Pospisil (the previous season) play in Flames Training Camp and they looked good. Of course not as good as Pelletier or Zary, but good for Bottom-6 Role Players. I like Klapka, but Pospisil is currently still better and Pospisil & Duehr were equal until this season, where Duehr has elevated his game and Pospisil is rebounding from an injury and missed training camp, so like Zary last season, isn't have have the greatest season this year. I'd rather have Pospisil at 4LW than Lucic, I can tell you that much, but yes, now that we have Bigger & More Reliable guys, Pospisil has become expendable.

You seem to insinuate Erik Gustaffson and Derek Forbort aren't decent players, when they are. Gustaffson can run the PP and helped MTL get to the Stanley Cup Finals. He contributed 60PTS/79GP for the Blackhawks and has put up 29PTS/52GP for WAS this season, he's Decent Player on a Bargain Contract. I'd prefer to have signed him as opposed to Kylington, who's situation and the lack of clarity & transparency on the subject is disingenuous AFAIC. Forbort is a Big Shut Down D-Man having a Career Season with BOS this year. Davidson yes, but Yelesin wasn't playing over Gustaffson or Forbort. He didn't make the Flames, which doesn't mean he can't/wouldn't make another Team and now at 26 & just entering the prime age for defensemen, he probably has a much better chance of making the NHL as a Bottom or Mid-Pairing RD.

Let's not forget Mackey beat out Valimaki, so although yes, he hasn't done himself any favors defensively this season, he's just entering his prime years now and could become an NHL Regular yet. Not on the Flames obviously, but if you're going to sum up his future potential by a handful of bad games this season, when the Flames as whole haven't been consistent or played a full 60, I would say that is being pretty disingenuous as well.

I get your comparison to James Neal, as both players are a bit one dimensional, but it's not a fair or appropriate comparison, since Hoffman would probably actually contribute offensively, would be coming at $2.25mil/yr x 2 years (as opposed to $5.75mil x 5yrs), already has familiarity with previous success with Huberdeau and offers some grit and sand paper in his play. We're not breaking up the Mang-Backlund-Coleman line, so it's up to Dube, Pelletier, Zary, Duehr, Schwindt and/or Coronato to unseat Hoffman from the Top-6. Dube has the best chance to do so, but you should know as well as I do, the others haven't exactly stepped in and lit it up and under Sutter are probably another couple years away from being given Regular Top-6 Minutes. Ruzicka should be given an opportunity, but Sutter seems to refuse to play him at RW.

Anyways, I know there's an under lying dislike for one another based on previous interactions, but it's a New Year and I'm trying to move on and forward from that. You're obviously very knowledgeable when it comes to the game of hockey, but that doesn't mean you know everything and have to continue hating on my thoughts or opinions. That said, it's a still a free world, so do as you please!
Feb. 3, 2023 at 4:32 p.m.
Agree to Disagree as always I guess. Yes, I've seen Nikolayev & Pospisil (the previous season) play in Flames Training Camp and they looked good. Of course not as good as Pelletier or Zary, but good for Bottom-6 Role Players. I like Klapka, but Pospisil is currently still better and Pospisil & Duehr were equal until this season, where Duehr has elevated his game and Pospisil is rebounding from an injury and missed training camp, so like Zary last season, isn't have have the greatest season this year. I'd rather have Pospisil at 4LW than Lucic, I can tell you that much, but yes, now that we have Bigger & More Reliable guys, Pospisil has become expendable.

You seem to insinuate Erik Gustaffson and Derek Forbort aren't decent players, when they are. Gustaffson can run the PP and helped MTL get to the Stanley Cup Finals. He contributed 60PTS/79GP for the Blackhawks and has put up 29PTS/52GP for WAS this season, he's Decent Player on a Bargain Contract. I'd prefer to have signed him as opposed to Kylington, who's situation and the lack of clarity & transparency on the subject is disingenuous AFAIC. Forbort is a Big Shut Down D-Man having a Career Season with BOS this year. Davidson yes, but Yelesin wasn't playing over Gustaffson or Forbort. He didn't make the Flames, which doesn't mean he can't/wouldn't make another Team and now at 26 & just entering the prime age for defensemen, he probably has a much better chance of making the NHL as a Bottom or Mid-Pairing RD.

Let's not forget Mackey beat out Valimaki, so although yes, he hasn't done himself any favors defensively this season, he's just entering his prime years now and could become an NHL Regular yet. Not on the Flames obviously, but if you're going to sum up his future potential by a handful of bad games this season, when the Flames as whole haven't been consistent or played a full 60, I would say that is being pretty disingenuous as well.

I get your comparison to James Neal, as both players are a bit one dimensional, but it's not a fair or appropriate comparison, since Hoffman would probably actually contribute offensively, would be coming at $2.25mil/yr x 2 years (as opposed to $5.75mil x 5yrs), already has familiarity with previous success with Huberdeau and offers some grit and sand paper in his play. We're not breaking up the Mang-Backlund-Coleman line, so it's up to Dube, Pelletier, Zary, Duehr, Schwindt and/or Coronato to unseat Hoffman from the Top-6. Dube has the best chance to do so, but you should know as well as I do, the others haven't exactly stepped in and lit it up and under Sutter are probably another couple years away from being given Regular Top-6 Minutes. Ruzicka should be given an opportunity, but Sutter seems to refuse to play him at RW.

Anyways, I know there's an under lying dislike for one another based on previous interactions, but it's a New Year and I'm trying to move on and forward from that. You're obviously very knowledgeable when it comes to the game of hockey, but that doesn't mean you know everything and have to continue hating on my thoughts or opinions. That said, it's a still a free world, so do as you please!

We are going to call it full stop at you thinking Kylington's situation is disingenuous. He owes none of us anything at all and to think that he does is out of this world narcissistic.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 5:22 p.m.
TrevorA
Edited Feb. 3, 2023 at 5:41 p.m.
We are going to call it full stop at you thinking Kylington's situation is disingenuous. He owes none of us anything at all and to think that he does is out of this world narcissistic.

Who do you consider “We”!? Is that how you identify now!? Is that your pronoun!? I mean speak for yourself but don’t suggest you speak for others or have an army behind you. If anything, that’s probably just your shadow.

Yeah we were told it’s not substance abuse related, but you really shouldn’t believe everything you’re told, that would be extremely foolish and naive. My understanding is he’s in the players assistance program, so all we can do is guess and/or speculate till we’re given and receive the truth.

There’s $2.5 x 2 = $5 million reasons why we deserve an answer. None of us know what the true or exact reason is, so don’t put yourself up on some pedestal like you know and are a good or better person as a result. That’s ridiculous

I don’t think you know what narcissistic means, but to say I’m not a very sympathetic or empathetic being would be true, especially when I don’t know what the issue is and I’ve been left in the dark to guess or speculate. That’s just human nature

Why is it that whenever I don’t just bow to you, like maybe you have others in your life do, you puff out your chest and act like you’re a better person than me!? Talk about being narcissistic lol

You’re rather weak and honestly pathetic…
Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:04 p.m.
Who do you consider “We”!? Is that how you identify now!? Is that your pronoun!? I mean speak for yourself but don’t suggest you speak for others or have an army behind you. If anything, that’s probably just your shadow.

Yeah we were told it’s not substance abuse related, but you really shouldn’t believe everything you’re told, that would be extremely foolish and naive. My understanding is he’s in the players assistance program, so all we can do is guess and/or speculate till we’re given and receive the truth.

There’s $2.5 x 2 = $5 million reasons why we deserve an answer. None of us know what the true or exact reason is, so don’t put yourself up on some pedestal like you know and are a good or better person as a result. That’s ridiculous

I don’t think you know what narcissistic means, but to say I’m not a very sympathetic or empathetic being would be true, especially when I don’t know what the issue is and I’ve been left in the dark to guess or speculate. That’s just human nature

Why is it that whenever I don’t just bow to you, like maybe you have others in your life do, you puff out your chest and act like you’re a better person than me!? Talk about being narcissistic lol

You’re rather weak and honestly pathetic…

"We" is you and me full stop on this conversation you dummy.. give that tampax a tug, comprehend at a third grade reading level and relax.

You aren't owed the truth at all. Listening to the updates and understanding that the guy wants space, not thinking I'm owed an answer from the team, Kylington or the league when it's clearly not public and the team is keeping it that way for him does make me a better person than you. Is it your $5 million dollars? Or is it the people that are paying him that are in the loop on the situation, that's why nothing is owed to you whatsoever, you thinking you're important enough for an update on a private situation is textbook narcissism.

Don't speculate, don't guess. Move along, they care about you knowing as much as they care about your opinion on the matter.

You can think whatever you like of me, if you think that the opinion of someone who resorted to borderline pedophilia when I upset you last time is valid at all, you have a severe issue that you should get sorted out.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:20 p.m.
TrevorA
"We" is you and me full stop on this conversation you dummy.. give that tampax a tug, comprehend at a third grade reading level and relax.

You aren't owed the truth at all. Listening to the updates and understanding that the guy wants space, not thinking I'm owed an answer from the team, Kylington or the league when it's clearly not public and the team is keeping it that way for him does make me a better person than you. Is it your $5 million dollars? Or is it the people that are paying him that are in the loop on the situation, that's why nothing is owed to you whatsoever, you thinking you're important enough for an update on a private situation is textbook narcissism.

Don't speculate, don't guess. Move along, they care about you knowing as much as they care about your opinion on the matter.

You can think whatever you like of me, if you think that the opinion of someone who resorted to borderline pedophilia when I upset you last time is valid at all, you have a severe issue that you should get sorted out.

You’re right, I’m not as good at being a Dick or coming up with low-ball insults as you are 👏 I tried lowering myself to your level, but it’s just not my thing. I’m not good at being a disrespectful loser.

Hopefully we can throw Kylington on LTIR and use his Cap Space to bring in somebody who can help us. If there’s a reason to feel sorry for him, I’ll consider it, but until then, he’s hurting the team and an obstacle we need to overcome to improve.

Life goes on, we can’t continue to wait for him. Hopefully he’s getting the help he needs and returns some day, but his status should not negatively affect everybody else as a result and if it is, changes need to be made, so it no longer does.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:31 p.m.
You’re right, I’m not as good at being a Dick or coming up with low-ball insults as you are 👏 I tried lowering myself to your level, but it’s just not my thing. I’m not good at being a disrespectful loser.

Hopefully we can throw Kylington on LTIR and use his Cap Space to bring in somebody who can help us. If there’s a reason to feel sorry for him, I’ll consider it, but until then, he’s hurting the team and an obstacle we need to overcome to improve.

Life goes on, we can’t continue to wait for him. Hopefully he’s getting the help he needs and returns some day, but his status should not negatively affect everybody else as a result and if it is, changes need to be made, so it no longer does.

So you resorted to pedophilia and "smashing 16 year old girls and having kids with them so I can be an uncle". Real stand up guy! I'll teach you how to be disrespectful one day, for now you're just stuck being a pedophilic loser. Tough label to shake. We can all call you Sindey "Cosbey" around here. Sid the "Loves Little Kids"

Flames have had cap space all year, if it was desperate they would have moved him already. It's not.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:38 p.m.
TrevorA
Edited Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:44 p.m.
So you resorted to pedophilia and "smashing 16 year old girls and having kids with them so I can be an uncle". Real stand up guy! I'll teach you how to be disrespectful one day, for now you're just stuck being a pedophilic loser. Tough label to shake. We can all call you Sindey "Cosbey" around here. Sid the "Loves Little Kids"

Flames have had cap space all year, if it was desperate they would have moved him already. It's not.

Lol, make up whatever name or insult for me you like. That’s your instant reaction and what you like to resort too whenever anybody challenges you or your ideas.

You certainly know what’s wrong with everybody else and their posts, yet you haven’t come up with, nor offered any good suggestions or ideas ever yourself.

You’re a Real Winner 🏆 Bravo 👏
Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:57 p.m.
Lol, make up whatever name or insult for me you like. That’s your instant reaction and what you like to resort too whenever anybody challenges you or your ideas.

You certainly know what’s wrong with everybody else and their posts, yet you haven’t come up with, nor offered any good suggestions or ideas ever yourself.

You’re a Real Winner 🏆 Bravo 👏

It's good that you're comfortable in your own pedophilic skin, most people would try shake that label but you seem to embrace it!

You can even see in my last few ACGM's conversation, people liking the idea's etc. Yours get dragged every single time.. It's wild, maybe time to reevaluate how little you know.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 8:26 p.m.

Assuming your numbers are correct seven full seasons is 574 games more than twice as many games as Dermott has played. Two of those seasons were shortened by the panicdemic so he's played in a little more than half the games over that time. That doesn't sound like a bonafide NHL defenseman it sounds like a fringe defenseman. Considering he spent most of those years on a Toronto team that wasn't very good defensively and after that on a Vancouver team that's possibly even worse defensively he'd probably still be stuck in the AHL if he was with another team.
KingofRnR liked this.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 8:48 p.m.
Furthermore I'd take Mackey over Dermott anytime.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 11:29 p.m.
Harkey is HERE
Silly ideas. Nobody taking Kylington as he may never play again and O’Reilly may not be back before TDL,

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll