SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Change of scenery d-help for EDM no clue sincerely frustrated Blues fan

Created by: BDW
Published: Feb. 3, 2023 at 11:37 a.m.
Salary Cap: $82,500,000
Season Days: 69/185 (37%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Edmonton OilersEdmonton Oilers

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Puljujärvi, JesseEdmonton OilersNHL-$3,000,000011---494610--
Foegele, WarrenEdmonton OilersNHL-$2,750,000011---365510--
Yamamoto, KailerEdmonton OilersLTIR-$3,100,000011---314812--
Holloway, DylanWaivers ExemptEdmonton OilersNHL-$925,000011---46369--
2023 1st round pick (Logo of the Edmonton OilersEDM)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Parayko, ColtonSt. Louis BluesNHL-$6,500,000011---4821315--
Barbashev, IvanSt. Louis BluesNHL50%$1,125,000011---5191524--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$1,125,0002245563410
Change-$950,000-1-2-2-100
Final$175,000 (↓)21 (↓)43 (↓)54 (↓)2 (↓)410-53-2

Logo of the St. Louis BluesSt. Louis Blues

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Parayko, ColtonSt. Louis BluesNHL-$6,500,000011---4821315--
Barbashev, IvanSt. Louis BluesNHL50%$1,125,000011---5191524--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Puljujärvi, JesseEdmonton OilersNHL-$3,000,000011---494610--
Foegele, WarrenEdmonton OilersNHL-$2,750,000011---365510--
Yamamoto, KailerEdmonton OilersLTIR-$3,100,000011---314812--
Holloway, DylanWaivers ExemptEdmonton OilersNHL-$925,000011---46369--
2023 1st round pick (Logo of the Edmonton OilersEDM)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$1,857,5002148643512
Change$950,000122100
Final$2,807,500 (↑)22 (↑)50 (↑)66 (↑)4 (↑)5125-32
Who wins this trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 3, 2023 at 11:42 a.m.
Only notion behind any of this is just frustration as a Blues fan. Parayko has been horrid but EDM could potentially pay up for D-help
Barbi was added for depth

Have heard the likes of Yama, Pulji, and Holloway on the trade block. Would this package even work? Not a clue.
Just not sure on these players overall value.
IMO, Yama Pulji and Holloway are young and could turn it around so there's at least potential. First round pick could be too rich but maybe EDM is desperate enough to do it?

Just give honest thoughts on this. Who to add/take away. Change draft pick, etc.

I've always thought highly of Pulji and Yama since they came to the league, just maybe a change of scenery could spark something (Vince Dunn, Tage Thompson, just to name a few that have succeeded after leaving the Blues, be nice to have it happen the other way)
Feb. 3, 2023 at 12:11 p.m.
mokumboi
Five hundred metric tonnes of no. And do not listen to the Blues fans who constantly hammer Parayko. He's far better than they shriek, even in a down year. The sheer volume of things that he does stop is massive, and most of the things he gets blamed for are actually the fault of Leddy or a forward or some combo of players that he was stretching jurisdiction to cover for. Some of these people have been bagging on him for ages now, forever throwing tantrums because he's not as vicious as Pronger, even when he was #1 among all NHL D-men in on-ice GA and #3 in on-ice GF over the back half of last season AND then was excellent in the playoffs until one notable error well into the Colorado series. Go to Facebook, you'll see Blues fans blaming Parayko for goals when he wasn;t even on the ice. And they don;t think past releasing him or giving him away or shooting him out of a cannon. They don;t consider what it would cost to replace him, for example. So no thanks.
BDW liked this.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 12:12 p.m.
Who plays RD for the Blues if Parayko is moved without a RHD in return?
Feb. 3, 2023 at 12:38 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
Five hundred metric tonnes of no. And do not listen to the Blues fans who constantly hammer Parayko. He's far better than they shriek, even in a down year. The sheer volume of things that he does stop is massive, and most of the things he gets blamed for are actually the fault of Leddy or a forward or some combo of players that he was stretching jurisdiction to cover for. Some of these people have been bagging on him for ages now, forever throwing tantrums because he's not as vicious as Pronger, even when he was #1 among all NHL D-men in on-ice GA and #3 in on-ice GF over the back half of last season AND then was excellent in the playoffs until one notable error well into the Colorado series. Go to Facebook, you'll see Blues fans blaming Parayko for goals when he wasn;t even on the ice. And they don;t think past releasing him or giving him away or shooting him out of a cannon. They don;t consider what it would cost to replace him, for example. So no thanks.

My biggest gripe with him is just he doesn't use his size, and when he does he always gets hurt (example being the game against Colorado earlier this year, hit Mackinnon in the 3rd to preserve the lead and was injured for a bit after). I think the biggest issue is just his contract. Then having Krug, Faulk, Leddy, and Parayko all on NTC with decent cap hits. Would love to get rid of one and think Krug or Parayko should be first to go but who would want that cap exactly.

I like he plays those minutes, think that is valuable in its own right. But the shot and physicality? It just lacks.
He used to be a favorite but seems to be lacking a lot since he signed that extension

Plus I've been liking Mikkola as of late and think trading away Parayko opens up that cap space (and then some) to resign him and have him step up a bit more
Feb. 3, 2023 at 12:39 p.m.
Quoting: AC14
Who plays RD for the Blues if Parayko is moved without a RHD in return?

Would have to make another trade for that. Maybe if they trade ROR to Toronto, could get a RHD in return (Holl or Liljegren?)
Feb. 3, 2023 at 12:49 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: wozniwack
My biggest gripe with him is just he doesn't use his size, and when he does he always gets hurt (example being the game against Colorado earlier this year, hit Mackinnon in the 3rd to preserve the lead and was injured for a bit after). I think the biggest issue is just his contract. Then having Krug, Faulk, Leddy, and Parayko all on NTC with decent cap hits. Would love to get rid of one and think Krug or Parayko should be first to go but who would want that cap exactly.

I like he plays those minutes, think that is valuable in its own right. But the shot and physicality? It just lacks.
He used to be a favorite but seems to be lacking a lot since he signed that extension

Plus I've been liking Mikkola as of late and think trading away Parayko opens up that cap space (and then some) to resign him and have him step up a bit more

Mikkola cannot replace Parayko. And the LDs are the problem with this team. The RDs would be just fine with proper partners. Leddy is a horror show and Krug has made too many mistakes this season, but I could see him bouncing back far more than Leddy. He's just brutal. Parayko gets blamed for so many goals when Leddy was the culprit.
BDW liked this.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 1:36 p.m.
Mikkola cannot replace Parayko. And the LDs are the problem with this team. The RDs would be just fine with proper partners. Leddy is a horror show and Krug has made too many mistakes this season, but I could see him bouncing back far more than Leddy. He's just brutal. Parayko gets blamed for so many goals when Leddy was the culprit.

I can agree with the fact Leddy has been downright bad this year. Really the only defenseman that has been decent (and not really up to his standards) is Faulk. The other 3 in the top 4 (Leddy, Krug and Parayko I would be okay with trading) Parayko being the youngest, I can agree has potential to bounce back, but I honestly feel like he has a lingering injury and is not healing it properly. There has to be SOMETHING wrong with him. His shot doesn't seem as hard, had issues with his back earlier this year (I believe he had back injuries when he was younger, thought I heard that somewhere)

Just don't see Leddy getting traded unless it's attached with a pick for nothing. Krug would probably be a similar situation but his PP Specialty could make it enough to get a deal done.

Mikkola is still younger, think he could slide in as a second pairing Then with the likes of Tucker and Rosen, think they could slide into that bottom pairing just fine
Feb. 3, 2023 at 1:42 p.m.
I can agree with the fact Leddy has been downright bad this year. Really the only defenseman that has been decent (and not really up to his standards) is Faulk. The other 3 in the top 4 (Leddy, Krug and Parayko I would be okay with trading) Parayko being the youngest, I can agree has potential to bounce back, but I honestly feel like he has a lingering injury and is not healing it properly. There has to be SOMETHING wrong with him. His shot doesn't seem as hard, had issues with his back earlier this year (I believe he had back injuries when he was younger, thought I heard that somewhere)

Just don't see Leddy getting traded unless it's attached with a pick for nothing. Krug would probably be a similar situation but his PP Specialty could make it enough to get a deal done.

Mikkola is still younger, think he could slide in as a second pairing Then with the likes of Tucker and Rosen, think they could slide into that bottom pairing just fine

Also regarding Krug, I like him, but think that once Perunovich is back, Krug can be expendable. Krug, Faulk, and Perunovich are extremely similar players in playstyle. Getting rid of one (Krug makes the most sense with age and contract) to bring back in a more defensive minded player should benefit more.

I think pairings of Faulk/Parayko, Perunovich/Leddy (this scares me), then Mikkola/Rosen/Borts is a decent D-core. Not great by any means. Get rid of Leddy for that defensive-minded player so Perunovich can activate more would make the most sense. My opinion of course.

If there are any d-men with the defensive mindset around that 4-5 mil mark between ages 26-30 is a perfect companion for Perunovich to work with on that second pairing. And he can be the PP2 QB while Faulk is on PP1
Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:35 p.m.
mokumboi
Also regarding Krug, I like him, but think that once Perunovich is back, Krug can be expendable. Krug, Faulk, and Perunovich are extremely similar players in playstyle. Getting rid of one (Krug makes the most sense with age and contract) to bring back in a more defensive minded player should benefit more.

I think pairings of Faulk/Parayko, Perunovich/Leddy (this scares me), then Mikkola/Rosen/Borts is a decent D-core. Not great by any means. Get rid of Leddy for that defensive-minded player so Perunovich can activate more would make the most sense. My opinion of course.

If there are any d-men with the defensive mindset around that 4-5 mil mark between ages 26-30 is a perfect companion for Perunovich to work with on that second pairing. And he can be the PP2 QB while Faulk is on PP1

Dude, Perunovich is not ready to play, let alone 2nd pairing. And you've put lefties with lefties and righties with righties. But yes, there's Gavrikov, Orlov, Soucy... lot's of defense first options, most cheaper than 4M.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit