SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Andersson for DeBrincat

Created by: Matteo
Published: Feb. 3, 2023 at 12:29 p.m.
Salary Cap: $82,500,000
Season Days: 69/185 (37%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Calgary FlamesCalgary Flames

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Andersson, RasmusCalgary FlamesNHL-$1,697,027011---5072633--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
DeBrincat, AlexOttawa SenatorsNHL-$2,387,027011---50172441--
Bernard-Docker, JacobWaivers ExemptOttawa SenatorsMinor-$0011---13011--
2024 2nd round pick (Logo of the Washington CapitalsWSH)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$1,600,568204569358
Change-$690,000011010
Final$910,568 (↓)2046 (↑)70 (↑)36 (↑)810-19

Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
DeBrincat, AlexOttawa SenatorsNHL-$2,387,027011---50172441--
Bernard-Docker, JacobWaivers ExemptOttawa SenatorsMinor-$0011---13011--
2024 2nd round pick (Logo of the Washington CapitalsWSH)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Andersson, RasmusCalgary FlamesNHL-$1,697,027011---5072633--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$4,264,6142145683513
Change$690,0000-1-10-10
Final$4,954,614 (↑)2144 (↓)67 (↓)34 (↓)13-101-9
Feb. 3, 2023 at 12:38 p.m.
Dream on. Andersson isn't going anywhere! The only way Calgary would even think about it is if Brady was going the other way.
TheLand and KingofRnR liked this.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 12:56 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
How do you expect Calgary to add 5 million dollars when they have ~2.5 mill to sign 5 players already?
Feb. 3, 2023 at 5:47 p.m.
TrevorA
Far more difficult to find & replace a 1RD on a Team Friendly contract than a small goal scoring forward who will demand $8-9mil/+

Would we send OTT Weegar for this package though!? @MoxNix, @Gmonwy, @TheLand
Feb. 3, 2023 at 5:54 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Quoting: KingofRnR
Far more difficult to find & replace a 1RD on a Team Friendly contract than a small goal scoring forward who will demand $8-9mil/+

Would we send OTT Weegar for this package though!? MoxNix, Gmonwy, TheLand

So trade Tkachuk for Huberdueau Schwint (however you sepll his name) 1st Debrincat JBD and a 2nd basically?
Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.

Hell no! But maybe Tanev... The problem is Treliving probably wouldn't.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
TrevorA
Edited Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:23 p.m.
Quoting: Gmonwy
So trade Tkachuk for Huberdueau Schwint (however you sepll his name) 1st Debrincat JBD and a 2nd basically?

Yup, just flip the assets for even more. Huberdeau retained could have generate another 1st + 2nd + 3rd as well.

Sutter’s system hasn’t been conducive to Huberdeau’s & Weegar’s offensive styles, but Weegar has been decent defensively, he just makes too many mistakes for my liking so if the offer was strong, we could definitely use his $6.25mil to bring in and help sign another top scoring forward for next season and going forward.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:02 p.m.
Driedger Clan

If we traded Weeger it wouldn't be a big return but decent though. But tbh I don't think Debrincat would work well under Sutter. Now if we got someone the same caliber as Debrincat but bigger like Laine or Konecny it would be far better
KingofRnR liked this.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:02 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: MoxNix
Hell no! But maybe Tanev... The problem is Treliving probably wouldn't.

The Flames suck without Tanev and he’s not young or valuable enough to bring back that kind of package. Weegar’s local to OTT and their fans seem to value him highly
Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:04 p.m.
Quoting: TheLand
If we traded Weeger it wouldn't be a big return but decent though. But tbh I don't think Debrincat would work well under Sutter. Now if we got someone the same caliber as Debrincat but bigger like Laine or Konecny it would be far better

Timo Meier!

Yeah he's a lefty but he is a RW. Mind you only if we can resign him for 9 mil AAV. Then we move two of Backlund, Tanev and Toffoli next year (They'll all be in the last year of their contracts) to free up enough cap space to pay Meier, bring up another forward prospect sign a decent 3rd pairing defenseman and put Weegar at RD paired with Big Z at LD.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:08 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: TheLand

Weegar’s value may have dipped since we acquired and signed him, but it should still be high based on his defensive ability, offensive history and the fact Right Shot Defensemen typically bring a premium.

Laine’s Big but Soft, Konecny’s not much Bigger than DeBrincat and isn’t as consistent either. Konecny’s more of a Play Maker than a Goal Scoring Sniper too. DeBrincat might attract P.Kane to CGY too

Otherwise I agree, a Bigger Scorer like Meier, Nylander, Tarasenko, Forsberg, etc. would be far more ideal for CGY than a Little Johnny 2.0
MoxNix liked this.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:11 p.m.
TrevorA
Timo Meier!

Yeah he's a lefty but he is a RW. Mind you only if we can resign him for 9 mil AAV. Then we move two of Backlund, Tanev and Toffoli next year (They'll all be in the last year of their contracts) to free up enough cap space to pay Meier, bring up another forward prospect sign a decent 3rd pairing defenseman and put Weegar at RD paired with Big Z at LD.

Is Meier really any better and does he deserve more than Kevin Fiala!? He deserves $8-8.5mil/yr max imo, but you’re right, probably costs $9mil/yr to bring him to Calgary/Canada

The alternative would be to circle back and see if NAS and Forsberg want to negotiate a move!?
Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:26 p.m.
The Flames suck without Tanev and he’s not young or valuable enough to bring back that kind of package. Weegar’s local to OTT and their fans seem to value him highly

No they suck with Markstrom. When Tanev was out Weegar and Zadorov were arguably the best pairing. When Vladar is in net the team plays a lot better regardless if Tanev is playing or not.
KingofRnR liked this.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:27 p.m.
TrevorA
No that's wrong they suck with Markstrom. When Tanev was out Weegar and Zadorov were arguably the best pairing. When Vladar is in net the team plays a lot better regardless if Tanev is playing or not.

I definitely like Zadorov-Weegar and Vladar better too

So I guess $4.5mil for a 3RD in Tanev is steep, but I do believe he’s our best D-Man when it comes to the opponents skating the puck through the neutral zone and in to our defensive zone as well as on the PK. He’s also great at sheltering his LD partners.
MoxNix liked this.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:43 p.m.
Edited Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:56 p.m.
Actually the Tanev Weegar discussion gave me an idea.... I wonder how it would work with Tanev at LD and Weegar at RD?

Weegar is good on either side but I think his offense is better on the right side. Tanev knows Markstrom's weaknesses better than anyone and has years of practice helping to cover his flaws. Tanev often winds up sliding over to the left side to block shots on Markstrom's weak glove side so maybe it'd be better if he played that side.

If Weegar provides more offense and Tanev blocks a few more shots on Markstrom's glove side that's a win/win AFAIC.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:55 p.m.
TrevorA
Actually the Tanev Weegar discussion gave me an idea.... I wonder how it would work with Tanev at LD and Weegar at RD?

Weegar is good on either side but I think his offense is better on the right side. Tanev knows Markstrom's weaknesses better than anyone and has years of practice helping to cover his flaws. Tanev often winds up sliding over to the left side to block shots on Markstrom's weak glove side so maybe it'd be better if he played that side.

If Weegar provides more offense and Tanev saves blocks a few more shots on Markstrom's glove side that's a win/win AFAIC.

It’s an idea, but if we’re going that way, I say:

Weegar-Andersson
Hanifin-Tanev
Zadorov-Stone/Schenn/Meloche/???

Weegar was supposed to be better offensively at LD and better defensively at RD
Feb. 3, 2023 at 6:58 p.m.
It’s an idea, but if we’re going that way, I say:

Weegar-Andersson
Hanifin-Tanev
Zadorov-Stone/Schenn/Meloche/???

Weegar was supposed to be better offensively at LD and better defensively at RD

That might work too but I still think Weegar has been better at RD in Calgary and I'd prefer Tanev on the 3rd pairing to reduce his minutes and hopefully keep him healthier... If doesn't wind up LTIR again for his most recent injury.

Zadorov - Weegar is tough to play against too, both players hit hard.
KingofRnR liked this.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 7:11 p.m.
TrevorA
Edited Feb. 3, 2023 at 7:23 p.m.
That might work too but I still think Weegar has been better at RD in Calgary and I'd prefer Tanev on the 3rd pairing to reduce his minutes and hopefully keep him healthier... If doesn't wind up LTIR again for his most recent injury.

Zadorov - Weegar is tough to play against too, both players hit hard.

Yeah that’s why I’m pushing for a Big Feisty Shut Down D-Man or another Puck Mover like Kylington was to pair with Tanev. Better to keep Hanifin & Andersson together for familiarity and work on getting the puck out of our D-Zone faster, by benching Lucic and holding guys who cough up the puck accountable. Weegar whiffs & turns over the puck in our own zone way too much, which wouldn’t be as big of an issues if he scored or created more scoring himself to offset his mistakes like Kylington did.

Hanifin-Anderson
Zadorov-Weegar
Gilbert-Tanev

LD options I think will potentially be made available via Trade are: Gavrikov, Maata, Staal, Benn, Hagg, J,Johnson, Borowiecki, Mikkola, H. Fleury, BOS’s M. Reilly, Dermott and E. Gustaffson if WAS falls out. Could go for a Home Run and pursue Chychrun as well
Feb. 3, 2023 at 7:49 p.m.
Edited Feb. 3, 2023 at 7:56 p.m.
Yeah that’s why I’m pushing for a Big Feisty Shut Down D-Man or another Puck Mover like Kylington was to pair with Tanev. Better to keep Hanifin & Andersson together for familiarity and work on getting the puck out of our D-Zone faster, by benching Lucic and holding guys who cough up the puck accountable. Weegar whiffs & turns over the puck in our own zone way too much, which wouldn’t be as big of an issues if he scored or created more scoring himself to offset his mistakes like Kylington did.

Hanifin-Anderson
Zadorov-Weegar
Gilbert-Tanev

LD options I think will potentially be made available via Trade are: Gavrikov, Maata, Staal, Benn, Hagg, J,Johnson, Borowiecki, Mikkola, H. Fleury, BOS’s M. Reilly, Dermott and E. Gustaffson if WAS falls out. Could go for a Home Run and pursue Chychrun as well

Chychrun would be awesome but I don't see Trelving pulling that one off. Gavrikov would be nice and should be more attainable but if I know Treliving he'll cheap out and bring in someone who really doesn't improve the defense at all. Either that or he'll overpay for a guy like Schenn.

Same thing with forwards... He'll tell us he's in on all the top players available not get any of them and end up doing what he always does... Overpaying for some 2nd/3rd rate declining older player with too much term.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 8:08 p.m.
TrevorA
That’s why I posted this ACGM: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/673921?post_id=3837328

Hoping for cheaper alternatives, but Pending UFA’s Acciari and ROR will still cost a lot to acquire.

I don’t think JVR is a good option, so if Treliving does go cheap, I hope he brings a potential sleeper in, like maybe Ryan Hartman, Vitaly Kravtsov, Alexander Barabanov, Cody Glass, Emil Bemstrom or maybe even Jesse Puljujarvi

Josh Anderson isn’t happening without a massive over pay so best alternative from there is Duclair or Mike Hoffman retained

Would really like Barbeshev or Domi and Duclair, Tarasenko, Perron or ROR. Definitely think Acciari’s a good 4C option
Feb. 3, 2023 at 10:23 p.m.
I think JVR would be a terrible option. I'd much rather swing for the fences and go after Meier at forward or Chychrun on defense. Tarasenko and/or Gavrikov would be my next two choices. Josh Anderson would be a good addition too but not at the price Montreal says it would take. Personally I think Montreal would take a lot less than they say and if not Anderson won't be going anywhere.

Almost anyone else available would just be Treliving doing his usual thing. Failing to get the right players and overpaying for the wrong ones again.
Feb. 3, 2023 at 10:31 p.m.
TrevorA
I think JVR would be a terrible option. I'd much rather swing for the fences and go after Meier at forward or Chychrun on defense. Tarasenko and/or Gavrikov would be my next two choices. Josh Anderson would be a good addition too but not at the price Montreal says it would take. Personally I think Montreal would take a lot less than they say and if not Anderson won't be going anywhere.

Almost anyone else available would just be Treliving doing his usual thing. Failing to get the right players and overpaying for the wrong ones again.

The Latest: https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/3911616

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll