$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$2,375,000$2,375,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RW, C
RFA - 2
$975,000$975,000
C
RFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 1
$3,200,000$3,200,000
LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,166,667$3,166,667
LD
UFA - 1
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$3,400,000$3,400,000
G
UFA - 3
$1,125,000$1,125,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
UFA - 5
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$2,800,000$2,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD/RD, LW
UFA - 2
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 1
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LD/RD
RFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,125,000$4,125,000
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 6, 2023 at 5:08 p.m.
DougieWilsonNOT
Sharks don't have enough roster spots to take back all those players. We're looking for a 2023 1st if you can substitute.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 5:09 p.m.
sensonfire
Ottawa accepts if we are missing the playoffs.
M0LSON liked this.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 5:10 p.m.
Grierless Sharks Fan
Overpay for Meier. I think it'll be one top prospect and a 1st, maybe a roster player.

With that package, Sharks should add Reimer. Possibly Bonino (not sure how good your PK is).
Smitty426 liked this.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 5:22 p.m.
Quoting: goodfella
Overpay for Meier. I think it'll be one top prospect and a 1st, maybe a roster player.

With that package, Sharks should add Reimer. Possibly Bonino (not sure how good your PK is).

Agreed, as noted the # of contracts wont work.
As a Devs fan, I want to hold onto one of AH or SM, the 1st is more expendable in my eyes.
Also as noted SJ need to build they want their own players picked, I think
Feb. 6, 2023 at 6:13 p.m.
Torresing
Sharks sit at 49 contracts right now. Trade not even possible.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 6:15 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Henrique for Sharangovich might work out as a hockey trade. Gives Rico a chance to go cup chasing, gives Anaheim a young, big player that is capable of middle six/ top 9 and has shown he does well with cerebral playmakers like Zegras (he did really well with Hughes).

I'm going to let that one marinate and see how I feel about it. @OldNYIfan @GeneralLandro thoughts?
OldNYIfan and Salzy liked this.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 6:23 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
Henrique for Sharangovich might work out as a hockey trade. Gives Rico a chance to go cup chasing, gives Anaheim a young, big player that is capable of middle six/ top 9 and has shown he does well with cerebral playmakers like Zegras (he did really well with Hughes).

I'm going to let that one marinate and see how I feel about it. OldNYIfan GeneralLandro thoughts?

I've been thinking about this since it was posted. I'm not sure that the left-handed Sharangovich is the best fit for us, but I believe that the trade is right on value for us and you seem to like the idea of playing him on LW with Zegras and Terry. So I would be on board with it.

@Salzy @Lenny7
Salzy and Lenny7 liked this.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 6:47 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I've been thinking about this since it was posted. I'm not sure that the left-handed Sharangovich is the best fit for us, but I believe that the trade is right on value for us and you seem to like the idea of playing him on LW with Zegras and Terry. So I would be on board with it.

Salzy Lenny7

I look at it as if Henrique is gone, one of Sharangovich or Comtois will need to get played at 1LW until someone sticks, and the other can be pushed down the lineup or moved on from.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 6:48 p.m.

Salzy Lenny7

I’m 50/50

Part of me just wants the 1st because there s a lot of guys I like in this draft but I also think it could be a good fit. I also was waiting for one you of fellas to hop on this one before commenting
OldNYIfan, LosPatos and Salzy liked this.
Feb. 7, 2023 at 7:50 a.m.

Salzy Lenny7

I look at it as if Henrique is gone, one of Sharangovich or Comtois will need to get played at 1LW until someone sticks, and the other can be pushed down the lineup or moved on from.

Quoting: GeneralLandro
I’m 50/50

Part of me just wants the 1st because there s a lot of guys I like in this draft but I also think it could be a good fit. I also was waiting for one you of fellas to hop on this one before commenting

Give me the first over him any day of the week, Could realistically be looking at more than a 1st anyways when you factor in our ability to take a contract back plus demand for Rico
GeneralLandro and OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 7, 2023 at 9:01 a.m.
Lenny7

Salzy Lenny7

Yeah, I'm 50/50 on it. I'd probably rather the 1st to be honest.
OldNYIfan and Salzy liked this.
Feb. 7, 2023 at 1:11 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: Salzy
Give me the first over him any day of the week, Could realistically be looking at more than a 1st anyways when you factor in our ability to take a contract back plus demand for Rico

"The Demand" for him is mostly on here, it very likely doesn't translate to reality, despite a number of hockey writers mentioning it. Yeah, I would prefer a first as well, but offered Sharangovich straight up for Henrique is probably a realistic offer and beneficial to both teams.
Feb. 7, 2023 at 2:16 p.m.
"The Demand" for him is mostly on here, it very likely doesn't translate to reality, despite a number of hockey writers mentioning it. Yeah, I would prefer a first as well, but offered Sharangovich straight up for Henrique is probably a realistic offer and beneficial to both teams.

JG Pageau, Folgino, Copp, Kevin Hayes, etc... all returned 1sts + as rentals, Rico gets one being a year and a half player. Cap space has gotten immensely more valuable each year as well

on pace for 30+ goals, amazing in the faceoff circle, proven winner (OHL, Memorial Cup, WJC, WHC), He's played in a SCF before, responsible defensively, can play PP and PK, can play up and down the line up at multiple positions

Adam Henrique is the definition of a player that gets a 1st+ offered from multiple teams at the deadline. And that before you factor in us retaining and being able to take a contract back

If Rico doesnt get a first no one outside of Meier is gonna return one
Feb. 7, 2023 at 3:04 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
JG Pageau, Folgino, Copp, Kevin Hayes, etc... all returned 1sts + as rentals, Rico gets one being a year and a half player. Cap space has gotten immensely more valuable each year as well

on pace for 30+ goals, amazing in the faceoff circle, proven winner (OHL, Memorial Cup, WJC, WHC), He's played in a SCF before, responsible defensively, can play PP and PK, can play up and down the line up at multiple positions

Adam Henrique is the definition of a player that gets a 1st+ offered from multiple teams at the deadline. And that before you factor in us retaining and being able to take a contract back

If Rico doesnt get a first no one outside of Meier is gonna return one

This ACGM isn't asking for any retention, and a large part of the trade value for Rico is the retention. Furthermore, Sharangovich has shown he can have Rico level production when he has Zegras like linemates (Hughes), just check his stats from last season when he was playing on Hughes line. 24 goals, 22 assists for 46 points in 76 games. 6'2" 195 lbs, he's not a bad player.

Even if we were to get a late 2023 1st for Rico, we're going to have the player we draft there debut in the 24/25 season or later, assuming we hit on them. We still have a great pipeline of players, and we have a number of picks this year. It might be time to transition from hoarding picks to picking up key pieces to work with our core going forward.
Feb. 7, 2023 at 3:48 p.m.
This ACGM isn't asking for any retention, and a large part of the trade value for Rico is the retention. Furthermore, Sharangovich has shown he can have Rico level production when he has Zegras like linemates (Hughes), just check his stats from last season when he was playing on Hughes line. 24 goals, 22 assists for 46 points in 76 games. 6'2" 195 lbs, he's not a bad player.

Even if we were to get a late 2023 1st for Rico, we're going to have the player we draft there debut in the 24/25 season or later, assuming we hit on them. We still have a great pipeline of players, and we have a number of picks this year. It might be time to transition from hoarding picks to picking up key pieces to work with our core going forward.

But retaining doesnt hinder us at all, and maximizing the return on tradeable assets takes precedence. Sharangovich is a nice player, but we have a chance to get more than a "nice player". Not knocking Yegor at all but he doesnt hold the same value as a first (to ANA) in my opinion.

How much of that production is Hughes though? Trading our most valuable trade chip for someone who at best is a mid-six forward seems like poor asset management to me. Sure its unlikely a late first becomes a star but adding role players like Yegor doesnt accomplish anything for us, especially someone who would probably be seeking a similar contract to Mikheyev and that would be bad for us, or he could insist on a one year deal and walk after next season.

I think this season is a clear indication we are more than a year and some role players away from competing in a meaningful way. Trading Rico to get a worse asset just because they'll be ready sooner is a very Bob Murray-esque move that has held us back for years and put us in the spot we are in now.

We arent winning the cup in the next 3 years, Yegor will be 27 going on 28 and more likely than not declining at that point, while that 2023 1st round pick could be entering his prime alongside Zegras, Mintyukov, Drysdale, our 2023 1st rounder, McTavish and so on

If we arent fighting for 32nd place and say we're more around 20th I might be more for it, but the position we're in, a 2023 1st is much more valuable than Yegor in my eyes
Feb. 7, 2023 at 5:20 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
But retaining doesnt hinder us at all, and maximizing the return on tradeable assets takes precedence. Sharangovich is a nice player, but we have a chance to get more than a "nice player". Not knocking Yegor at all but he doesnt hold the same value as a first (to ANA) in my opinion.

How much of that production is Hughes though? Trading our most valuable trade chip for someone who at best is a mid-six forward seems like poor asset management to me. Sure its unlikely a late first becomes a star but adding role players like Yegor doesnt accomplish anything for us, especially someone who would probably be seeking a similar contract to Mikheyev and that would be bad for us, or he could insist on a one year deal and walk after next season.

I think this season is a clear indication we are more than a year and some role players away from competing in a meaningful way. Trading Rico to get a worse asset just because they'll be ready sooner is a very Bob Murray-esque move that has held us back for years and put us in the spot we are in now.

We arent winning the cup in the next 3 years, Yegor will be 27 going on 28 and more likely than not declining at that point, while that 2023 1st round pick could be entering his prime alongside Zegras, Mintyukov, Drysdale, our 2023 1st rounder, McTavish and so on

If we arent fighting for 32nd place and say we're more around 20th I might be more for it, but the position we're in, a 2023 1st is much more valuable than Yegor in my eyes

By that logic, we should move Terry, because by the time we are competing, he will be 28 going on 29 and he will more likely than not be in decline. Secondly, I don't think a 23 1st is in the cards for Rico, someone would need to be desperate to do that move for a 2/3 C. Maybe the Penguins would do it, maybe the Leafs, maybe Colorado but there are other options available on the trade market skewing the supply demand ratio (Toews, ROR, etc) Rico may be the cream of that crop, but if all those guys are going for 2nds, a team would need to have a very specific set of circumstances for the 1st to maek sense. More than likely, Rico is with us to start the season next year, if for no other reason than we don't have many LWers, and because while we on CF may see no problem with retaining 1.5 seasons of a guy, the Samueli's and Verbeek may not feel the same way.

The only comparable trade that you mention above was the Foligno trade, all the others were for rental 27/28 year olds about to hit the UFA market for the first time. Rico is having a great year, but just as you point out with Sharangovich being a product of Hughes, how much is Henrique a product of Zegras/Terry? Sharangovich's possession metrics are no where near what Rico's are, but the offensive capability is there to be a complimentary player on our top line, including where he scores goals, which is from right in front of the net. He is younger than Terry, plays a power forward game, has the size/strength to defend his line mates. He in a lot of ways plays like Henrique, he is just younger and more raw as a result of less experience (their age 24 seasons are very comparable on advanced stats), the only real difference is that Sharangovich kind of sucks at faceoffs, but we need to let Zegras/McTavish start doing that more consistently.

I'm not saying its a huge win of a trade, and maybe we ask NJ to add something small back like a 3rd round pick, but I think its a fair deal that works for both sides, but I don't think the player we would get with that late first is going to be any better than Sharangovich is, only benefit we would get is younger.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll