Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000 (Performance Bonus$200,000$200K)
RW, C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 6, 2023 at 5:40 p.m.
TrevorA
No

No. We’d need a better Prospect than Norlinder, since we don’t need an LD, but I also believe Dube > Josh Anderson and is more valuable given his low cost

Yes to the CHI Trade
Feb. 6, 2023 at 5:43 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: Blow_it_up
This is the first Anderson trade I've seen from a Flames fan... It's worse than most Anderson trades proposed by Habs fans. He's awful, his contract is awful, and no team should be willing to give up assets for him. Don't feed the Habs fans.

Hughes was offered a 1st for Anderson. Not only is your bashing annoying, it is innacurate. Get up to speed with reality. Or just go on looking like a fool. The choice is yours.
SMH liked this.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 5:45 p.m.
Quoting: jpsnow13
Hughes was offered a 1st for Anderson. Not only is your bashing annoying, it is innacurate. Get up to speed with reality. Or just go on looking like a fool. The choice is yours.

Then Hughes is a moron for not taking that deal. The bashing is deserved and it won't stop until these horrible trade proposals stop.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 5:49 p.m.
TrevorA

Who knows if that Rumors true.

Without retention, there’s no way Josh Anderson’s worth anywhere near a 1st. He’s a mid-6 = 3rd line player being paid at least $1mil/yr more than he should be AFAIC
Blow_it_up liked this.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 5:49 p.m.
Mr.
Anderson isn't available and both player's in the package are guys habs won't be interested in anyways
Feb. 6, 2023 at 5:54 p.m.
Mr.
This is the first Anderson trade I've seen from a Flames fan... It's worse than most Anderson trades proposed by Habs fans. He's awful, his contract is awful, and no team should be willing to give up assets for him. Don't feed the Habs fans.

Quoting: KingofRnR

Without retention, there’s no way Josh Anderson’s worth anywhere near a 1st. He’s a mid-6 = 3rd line player being paid at least $1mil/yr more than he should be AFAIC

He's called a powerhorse for a reason because when he's on the ice the other team playes different so calling him a 3rd liner simply isn't true, he's improved his 200 foot game since the 1st round + offer was made and he's now worth more since he's also killing penalties and doing very well defensively and in the natural zone
Feb. 6, 2023 at 5:58 p.m.

OP is clearly not a Flames fan, read their name
Blow_it_up liked this.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 5:59 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: KingofRnR

Pierre Lebrun is a journalist with very well connected sources in the NHL. You are ?
Feb. 6, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
Quoting: SMH
He's called a powerhorse for a reason because when he's on the ice the other team playes different so calling him a 3rd liner simply isn't true, he's improved his 200 foot game since the 1st round + offer was made and he's now worth more since he's also killing penalties and doing very well defensively and in the natural zone

I've seen all the justifications out there, the bottom line is this: He's being paid 5.5 million and has 1 point less than Adam Ruzicka who's making close to league minimum. He has an extensive injury history. He does not fill a hole on the Flames roster that could not be filled by a cheaper and younger option. We don't need anymore penalty killers, Dube is a great penalty killer already and is making half of what Anderson is making.

The Flames have 3 million in cap space next year to fill out the bottom of the roster and that includes Lucic's salary coming off the books. If Calgary makes any trades at all this year, they should target a top-6 winger with term that they can resonably work around. Anderson does not make sense for this team in any shape or form nor should Calgary be willing to move roster players or any of our top prospects, of which we have very few, for a player that would most likely be deployed on the 4th line. Adding Anderson would cost us a good roster player after next year because of the cap sapce he takes up as well.
KingofRnR liked this.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 6:01 p.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
OP is clearly not a Flames fan, read their name

That explains a bit, I must've missed it.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 6:03 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Then Hughes is a moron for not taking that deal. The bashing is deserved and it won't stop until these horrible trade proposals stop.

Between the GM (and his staff) who offered a 1st for Anderson and a GM (and his staff) who wants more value for him, That's a lot of people who knows more about hockey than you or me.

MAYBE he's not a moron but it's your opinion who isn't the best?
Feb. 6, 2023 at 6:09 p.m.
Mr.
I've seen all the justifications out there, the bottom line is this: He's being paid 5.5 million and has 1 point less than Adam Ruzicka who's making close to league minimum. He has an extensive injury history. He does not fill a hole on the Flames roster that could not be filled by a cheaper and younger option. We don't need anymore penalty killers, Dube is a great penalty killer already and is making half of what Anderson is making.

The Flames have 3 million in cap space next year to fill out the bottom of the roster and that includes Lucic's salary coming off the books. If Calgary makes any trades at all this year, they should target a top-6 winger with term that they can resonably work around. Anderson does not make sense for this team in any shape or form nor should Calgary be willing to move roster players or any of our top prospects, of which we have very few, for a player that would most likely be deployed on the 4th line. Adding Anderson would cost us a good roster player after next year because of the cap sapce he takes up as well.

Im not trying to trade him to the flames but for some reason you take it personally when someone is trying to trade him to the flames, in the real world every guy known in the hockey world has said he's a dream player for every single GM in the league, btw the injury concern is such an old cliche, he had a big injury that required surgery and because the team refused him to get the surgery he had a horrible season and made it worse and for that reason he wanted to get traded so that's the only reason why he was available to the habs, he now had the shoulder surgery and since been playing beautiful hard hitting physical hockey
Feb. 6, 2023 at 6:11 p.m.
Between the GM (and his staff) who offered a 1st for Anderson and a GM (and his staff) who wants more value for him, That's a lot of people who knows more about hockey than you or me.

MAYBE your opinion isn't the best?

Yes because GM's and their staffs never make mistakes. But you're right, all it takes is one GM to meet the valuation from Hughes to make a deal. My opinion is that it's a mistake to value him that highly and that it would be a bad idea for the Flames to make that deal from a variety of standpoints that I'm sure the Flames staff have significantly more insight into than I do. If I can identify flaws in the deal with the limited info I have, I'm sure smart hockey ops people can as well.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 6:13 p.m.
Quoting: SMH
Im not trying to trade him to the flames but for some reason you take it personally when someone is trying to trade him to the flames, in the real world every guy known in the hockey world has said he's a dream player for every single GM in the league, btw the injury concern is such an old cliche, he had a big injury that required surgery and because the team refused him to get the surgery he had a horrible season and made it worse and for that reason he wanted to get traded so that's the only reason why he was available to the habs, he now had the shoulder surgery and since been playing beautiful hard hitting physical hockey

I'm not taking it personally, there's just a lot of deals that send Anderson to the Flames that are really bad. I outlined why it doesn't make sense from multiple persepctives.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 6:28 p.m.
TrevorA
Pierre Lebrun is a journalist with very well connected sources in the NHL. You are ?

Journalists are great at making things up, it’s called clickbait and selling advertisements. GM’s hold their cards close to their chest. The only time they give any information would be an attempt to illicit a negotiation and better deal for themselves. Could be all lies or simply trying to bait other GMs to generate a better offer AFAIC

You’re better to get intel from a Teams AHL Coaching staff, it’d be far more accurate lol 😆
Blow_it_up liked this.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 6:31 p.m.
Jeff

Ok I'm habs fan, and some people tend to judge others by their favorite team. Why? To my opinion, that Andersen deal is also to much.

And a late 1st pick is no better than Dube to be honest. It's 50 % chance that it will be a flop.

To me Andersen is a big, fast and a streaky scorer with an average hockey IQ. But he proved that he is a playoff performer and it's valuable to any team who want to be a contender.
Feb. 6, 2023 at 6:40 p.m.
Quoting: J67
Ok I'm habs fan, and some people tend to judge others by their favorite team. Why? To my opinion, that Andersen deal is also to much.

And a late 1st pick is no better than Dube to be honest. It's 50 % chance that it will be a flop.

To me Andersen is a big, fast and a streaky scorer with an average hockey IQ. But he proved that he is a playoff performer and it's valuable to any team who want to be a contender.

Hey unless you're an Oilers fan I don't judge anyone's favourite team, just a comment on the fact that most bad Anderson deals are posted by Habs fans. Everone overvalues their own players so it's not a jab at Habs fans in particular.

I've already explained why Calgary wouldn't do it, I can't speak for other contenders but I would imagine most if not all would be scared by his cap hit as a start.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll