Forums/NHL Trades

(STL/NYR) - Tarasenko, Mikkola for Blais, Skinner, 1st, 4th

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 9, 2023 at 4:02 p.m.
Leafs Sufferer
Quoting: yikes
Devils would either be brilliant or too bullish to bite on Meier (time would only tell), but Rangers get deep here. Devils would need to decide if they think they can beat them, Torontos “flip” idea is insane (not in a complete negative way) but I don’t think Dubas will pull the trigger. Vegas would have to go broke, so would Boston, Winnipeg can either go all in (which I think they should) - but San Jose California to Winnipeg is a hard sell for 8 years.

It’s down to Vegas or Boston I’d say - and if you’re Boston; do you value a Cinderella run for the cup with everlasting Bergeron and the boys? Hell even NYR can still afford Meier.

Idk, Lysell and a first seem to me; like stupid keeps if you can win a cup. It’s worth it if they think Meier gives them two first lines. Right now Rangers are worth reevaluating here, this move for any cup contender should worry you a little. They didn’t really lose any assets - they can load up more.

I think the difference with NJD is that they could probably fit Meier in long term. May have to run a 21 man roster, but inevitable injuries will help with that. Will they beat NYR this year? Maybe not, but long term I think they'd be in a better spot.

Whoever suggested the Meier flip scenario with TOR is smoking the good stuff. Pass it over when they're done with it.

I just don't see why BOS needs to do anything significant this deadline unless they get Meier extended long term as well. But who do they centre him and Pastrnak when Bergy and Krejci are gone (again for Krecji). Plus, their bonus money will likely get pushed to next year's cap, making a Meier extension a little trickier, but not impossible.

Can't see VGK making it work. Nor do I see WPG paying big assets and handing out big money to a winger when there are question marks around the future of PLD.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 9, 2023 at 4:09 p.m.
GO KNIGHTS GO
Quoting: Ritzy
I think the difference with NJD is that they could probably fit Meier in long term. May have to run a 21 man roster, but inevitable injuries will help with that. Will they beat NYR this year? Maybe not, but long term I think they'd be in a better spot.

Whoever suggested the Meier flip scenario with TOR is smoking the good stuff. Pass it over when they're done with it.

I just don't see why BOS needs to do anything significant this deadline unless they get Meier extended long term as well. But who do they centre him and Pastrnak when Bergy and Krejci are gone (again for Krecji). Plus, their bonus money will likely get pushed to next year's cap, making a Meier extension a little trickier, but not impossible.

Can't see VGK making it work. Nor do I see WPG paying big assets and handing out big money to a winger when there are question marks around the future of PLD.

I could see Vegas making it work if and only if Mark stones career is over
Feb. 9, 2023 at 4:13 p.m.
torontos finest
okay trade, tarasenko is much better add than kane is. mikkola helps their defense and they get rid of blais who is completely useless
Feb. 9, 2023 at 4:23 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: mokumboi
A 23 1st, Blais and Skinner for Vova max retained.
A 3rd for Mikkola.

About what I predicted and asked for, though I would have preferred Robertson or Sykora as the prospect. A solid deal on both ends, especially if the Blues can snag someone like Reinbacher, Honzek or Price with the pick.

Hands off Price, my friend. He belongs to ME (Kings).
mokumboi liked this.
Feb. 9, 2023 at 4:26 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Hands off Price, my friend. He belongs to ME (Kings).

Hey, if you want to take him early, go for it. He's my third or fourth choice there anyway.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Feb. 9, 2023 at 4:35 p.m.
feelsbadman
Tarasnake-o is a paper tiger
Feb. 9, 2023 at 4:41 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: hugeballer
Tarasnake-o is a paper tiger

Ehh what are you babbling about?
sensonfire liked this.
Feb. 9, 2023 at 4:53 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Rangers paid more for Tarasenko than they got in return for Buchnevich.
sensonfire, habitantlecolon, Andy_Dick and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 9, 2023 at 4:53 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: Leafsfan98
It's less than Horvat's package but not by much, Fair

What are you talking about? Vancouver got a midround 1st and an A"ish" prospect in Rati.

STL got a end of round 1st. Half of Hagel's return LOL
habitantlecolon liked this.
Feb. 9, 2023 at 5:10 p.m.
May contain nuts
Even for a rental, STL could've gotten a better prospect and/or not sent Mikkola. This is a great deal for NYR. Perhaps STL went easy on them on purpose to help offset the Buch trade?
Feb. 9, 2023 at 5:17 p.m.
Nils Lundkvist, just felt his dangly bits shrink considering he plays against St Louis something like a dozen times over this and next season.

New York Rangers Acquire:
2023 1st round pick (DAL) [Conditional]*
2025 4th round pick (DAL) [Conditional]**
*Conditions: If the pick is a top 10 selection, the pick will instead become the Dallas' unprotected 2024 1st round pick
**Conditions: If Lundkvist earns 55 cumulative points over the 2022-23 and 2023-24 regular seasons, the pick becomes Dallas' 2025 3rd

2022-23 46GP 5G 10A 15PTS
Feb. 9, 2023 at 5:28 p.m.
MajorMoose
Remember when Seattle could've had Tarasenko for free
habitantlecolon, sensonfire, poeticentropy and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 9, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Foi9Y7uXEAEjTiG?format=jpg&name=medium

Wish we could’ve gotten orlov Tara and Kuzy back to together but maybe in the offseason
Feb. 9, 2023 at 5:59 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: majormoose007
Remember when Seattle could've had Tarasenko for free

But if they got him then they would not have been able to get Bjorkstrand whose making less
Feb. 9, 2023 at 6:02 p.m.
It's basically a 1st and a 3rd for Tarasenko with three other players involved that likely won't have an major impact either way.

I suspect Tarasenko will turn things around in New York, as it was clear he wasn't at all happy in St. Louis.
sensonfire liked this.
Feb. 9, 2023 at 6:10 p.m.
Great deal for the Rangers. They not only get Tarasenko, who should fill a big hole, Mikkola should strengthen their third defense pair. Skinner doesn’t look like much of a prospect, Blais is just a cap dump and also a pending UFA, and they got to keep the better of their two first-round picks. I feel like the Blues shouldn’t have had to include Mikkola for this return, but with him being a pending UFA too he wasn’t worth risking losing the opportunity to grab a 1st & 3rd for Tarasenko. As a Hurricanes fan who was hoping for some revenge this year, I’m very disappointed. Maybe we’ll get lucky and the chemistry won’t be there.
Feb. 9, 2023 at 6:30 p.m.
A 1st round pick + + for a player with 10 goals.

Tarasenko is t-161st in goals.
46 CF%
39 GF%
39 xGF%

STL easily wins this trade.
sensonfire and ColonelX liked this.
Feb. 9, 2023 at 6:34 p.m.
Quoting: CapFriendly
Trade confirmed: [url=/teams/rangers]New York Rangers[/url] - [url=/teams/blues]St. Louis Blues[/url]

Really, that what you got? A prospect In the ECHL, a Meh NHL Players, the worst out of the 2 2023 1st round pick, and a late 3rd early to mid 4th for a half retain Vladimir Tarasenko when their were better trades

Now I know, he has 1 year left, so? He still Tarasenko, he can still score 55-70 points a season, the rangers got a steal
Feb. 9, 2023 at 7:34 p.m.
Tarasenko is a 31 year old playing like a 36 year old. Which ever team signs him to a 1st line star contract as an Ufa will regret it, unless it's like D. Perron size.
Rom liked this.
Feb. 9, 2023 at 9:07 p.m.
You know nothing JS
This poll is ****ing hilarious. Like two years of hordes swearing to me that Tarasenko wasn't worth a 23 1st, he's not getting a 23 1st, I'm a stupid homer for dreaming he'll get a 23 1st, he's cooked, he's toast, he's brittle, he's overrated, forget about the damn 23 1st already, ya dummy!!

Fast forward to present day: Tarasenko gets a 23 1st+ = The Rangers fleeced the Blues!!!! Dumb dumb Blues, trading away that scoring star for just a 23 1st+!!!

Glorious.

You do realise not all first round picks are equal and that the NYR one will most certainly be between 28 and 32, which statistically has as much chances chances to end up in an NHLer than a 2nd?
Feb. 9, 2023 at 9:13 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Edited Feb. 9, 2023 at 9:48 p.m.
Quoting: worldwidesensei
A 1st round pick + + for a player with 10 goals.

Tarasenko is t-161st in goals.
46 CF%
39 GF%
39 xGF%

STL easily wins this trade.

" A 1st round pick + + " ?

Are you talking about the 13th foward, the AHLer and the low 4th round pick? What a pot of gold...

This is the biggest sugarcoating I have ever seen on this site! People will convince themselves of anything. STL got a low 1st and breadcrumbs in reality. 2x2nd between 33rd and 45th would be a more valuable return.
Feb. 9, 2023 at 9:26 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: jpsnow13
You do realise not all first round picks are equal and that the NYR one will most certainly be between 28 and 32, which statistically has as much chances chances to end up in an NHLer than a 2nd?

Heh. Just for starters, how did the Rangers suddenly become automatic conference finalists? More importantly, this draft class is different. In this class, several picks in the 20s will be guys who'd be top 10 any other year. And any way you want to slice it, this all has no bearing on or relation to the comment of mine you quoted.
Feb. 9, 2023 at 11:43 p.m.
Quoting: jpsnow13
" A 1st round pick + + " ?

Are you talking about the 13th foward, the AHLer and the low 4th round pick? What a pot of gold...

This is the biggest sugarcoating I have ever seen on this site! People will convince themselves of anything. STL got a low 1st and breadcrumbs in reality. 2x2nd between 33rd and 45th would be a more valuable return.

How would they possible get the 33rd overall pick? You think a tanking team would trade for a rental? Do you think Tarasenko would waive his NTC to go to a bottom feeder?

This is a deep draft class. That 1st round pick is gold. And for a player that has 10 goals!

Sure would 2 2nds be better? Yea, no disagreement there. Just not really possible.
Feb. 10, 2023 at 12:29 a.m.
You know nothing JS
Heh. Just for starters, how did the Rangers suddenly become automatic conference finalists? More importantly, this draft class is different. In this class, several picks in the 20s will be guys who'd be top 10 any other year. And any way you want to slice it, this all has no bearing on or relation to the comment of mine you quoted.

"Conditions: The 2023 1st round pick will be the later of the NYR 2023 1st and the DAL 2023 1st."

Start praying they both get eliminated in the first round, but please, don't bet any money on it lol
Feb. 10, 2023 at 12:41 a.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: worldwidesensei
How would they possible get the 33rd overall pick? You think a tanking team would trade for a rental? Do you think Tarasenko would waive his NTC to go to a bottom feeder?

This is a deep draft class. That 1st round pick is gold. And for a player that has 10 goals!

Sure would 2 2nds be better? Yea, no disagreement there. Just not really possible.

True that 2x2nd wasn't possible this year (DET wasn't going for Tarasenko), I just wanted to illustrate that a bundle without a cherished 1st could actually be more valuable than that bunch of spare parts.

Thank you for at least finding some common ground. Really appreciate it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit