SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Boston Bruins

Jonas Brodin?

Jun. 10, 2017 at 9:53 a.m.
I saw an article on CBS Sports Boston about a possible trade for Jonas Brodin? I'm a pretty huge Bruins fan but I was wondering what some of the other Bruins fans on here thought of this? Thanks!
Jun. 10, 2017 at 12:56 p.m.
BreKel
I would welcome the addition for Brodin at a reasonable price. He's a solid top 4 defenseman who would be able to take a load off of chara's minutes this year. Then he could very well slide into chara's role next year and be an awesome compliment to McAvoy's style.
Jun. 10, 2017 at 4:20 p.m.
DonnySweens
would love Brodin. In fact, he is the best player to target via trade IMO. They should go after a Dman on a team that will lose someone to Vegas. de Haan, Brodin/Dumba, etc... Those are the deals Sweeney has to look for int he next two weeks.

Similar to the Dougie Trade, rather than losing the player for nothing, the Wild should unload Dumba or Brodin for high end picks, or a package of picks and prospects. Ironically, Boston is one of the best fits to do so. #18, Zboril, and a young F (B level prospect, or maybe a young veteran like Spooner) is a very good starting point.
Jun. 10, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
I would think Brodin is a solid addition to the Bruins and would solidify the Top 4 as a responsible 2 way defenseman. Would also give time for Zboril and Lauzon to come into their own.

But to be honest, I'm much more willing to package this years first, Spooner, Zboril and a forward prospect and more to acquire a true #1 LHD that can take over for Chara. I'm not sure who would be willing to make that trade right now as who would want to give up a #1 LHD but if there is an opportunity the Bruins need to hop on it. A Hedman-like guy but obviously he's not available
Jun. 10, 2017 at 7:50 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Brodin, i think, is very underrated. One of the most underrated players in the league. He would cost Vatrano, Zboril+.
Jun. 11, 2017 at 12:08 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: BreKel
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Brodin, i think, is very underrated. One of the most underrated players in the league. He would cost Vatrano, Zboril+.

shakes head

Do you have to contaminate every thread on here? The GM Game and ACGM's seem more than enough.

If you don't agree about Brodin take a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvVLAzdi87w
Jun. 12, 2017 at 6:04 a.m.
lol love when the "experts" starts barking up a tree that I've been talking about for months already
Jun. 13, 2017 at 6:08 a.m.
Quoting: ON3M4N
lol love when the "experts" starts barking up a tree that I've been talking about for months already

Could probably mention any young defenseman and the Bruins media will hype it up when its really nothing.

In a dead spot during the NHL playoffs to talk Bruins stuff so this rumor magically comes out when all it probably was was an inquiry.
Jun. 13, 2017 at 7:26 a.m.
Quoting: DirtyRebound
Quoting: ON3M4N

Could probably mention any young defenseman and the Bruins media will hype it up when its really nothing.

In a dead spot during the NHL playoffs to talk Bruins stuff so this rumor magically comes out when all it probably was was an inquiry.

If the ED wasn't a factor, I don't think this is even a rumor. There should be more activity this time of year than normal.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll