Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

This Ryan O'Rielly Trade absolutely STINKS

Feb. 17, 2023 at 11:48 p.m.
Big Dawg JT
Edited Mar. 11, 2023 at 11:44 p.m.
EDITED
Feb. 23, 2023 at 12:19 p.m.
Go leafs go
What makes you think next year will be any different? This year is the year to go all in, because you have a backup plan for next year and you can do it both years. If you just go all in next year and lose, then you are completely screwed. This is a good trade right now.
Feb. 24, 2023 at 12:06 p.m.
Quoting: LaffsFan
This is NOT the year to go all in. It's next year.

You make some good points, especially the possibility that Tampa Bay and Boston will be more beatable next year, as I think their cores are probably older than Toronto’s on average. However, Toronto has only 5 forwards signed beyond this season. Bunting, Engvall, Kerfoot and Kampf are all pending UFAs – not stars but they make up the supporting cast that every contending team needs. I think it will be difficult to extend those guys – especially Bunting – or replace them with equivalent talent for the same money. Samsonov is due a raise too.

If they’re not able to extend Matthews and Nylander then I agree that next year will be do or die, but I think it will be a challenge to put together a team next year that’s as good as this year’s, unless they have a couple of prospects who are ready to step up and fill some roles on a consistent basis (not the 4th-line RW rotation we’ve seen this season).
LaffsFan liked this.
Feb. 24, 2023 at 8:15 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Saskleaf
What makes you think next year will be any different? This year is the year to go all in, because you have a backup plan for next year and you can do it both years. If you just go all in next year and lose, then you are completely screwed. This is a good trade right now.

Yep as whats to stop Bergeron or Krejci from going hey league min lets go do it again or heck Buffalo, Det, or OTT from getting better with offseason moves

Heck Florida gonna have cap to upgrade their Blue Line

So yea we got to do it now

And hey we got the cap to extend the boyz so lets see
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 27, 2023 at 12:23 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Lol
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 27, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.
Big Dawg JT
Quoting: Nathaniel
Lol