All In TDL

Created by: arafay
Team: 2022-23 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 19, 2023
Published: Feb. 20, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Meier extended 7.775x8

Probably moving schmidt and dillon in the offseason but loading it up for now. Not really enough cap space to do this (the jets have just over 9 million to work with and I added 10, so would need something to happen, but potentially not depending on how Ehlers is). If cap is an issue though, there are cheaper options than Bonino.

Lucius is my odd man out of the jets big 4 prospects. Though that decision was not easy. It comes down to me not wanting to trade lambert cause I think he's a star in the making and we need heinola long term. Finally, I didn't want to trade mcgroarty simply because we haven't seen enough of him yet. He's also the type of guy the jets need more of.
Trades
WPG
  1. Bonino, Nick
  2. Meier, Timo ($3,000,000 retained)
SJS
  1. Lucius, Chaz
  2. Stanley, Logan
  3. 2023 1st round pick (WPG)
  4. 2024 3rd round pick (WPG)
WPG
  1. Parayko, Colton
  2. 2023 3rd round pick (OTT)
STL
  1. Chibrikov, Nikita [Reserve List]
  2. Chisholm, Declan
  3. 2024 1st round pick (WPG)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$83,495,358$0$2,050,000-$995,358
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$0$0
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 4
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$1,025,000$1,025,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$2,166,667$2,166,667
RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 2
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 2
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 20, 2023 at 12:47 a.m.
Torresing
Timo will make much more than that. Not a chance he signs that cheap. His camp is asking around 9
Feb. 20, 2023 at 12:53 a.m.
Think missing another good prospect in there
Feb. 20, 2023 at 12:54 a.m.
Quoting: sleeparc
Timo will make much more than that. Not a chance he signs that cheap. His camp is asking around 9

I feel like the middle ground could come to 8 or 8.5 then. Either way, id be willing to pay that.
Feb. 20, 2023 at 12:55 a.m.
Quoting: glarson17
Think missing another good prospect in there

Which one?
Feb. 20, 2023 at 1:13 a.m.
Quoting: arafay
Which one?

The trade with the 26 yo star power forward
Feb. 20, 2023 at 1:31 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
I would WAY rather move Heinola and/or Lambert then Lucius and/or McGroarty.
Feb. 20, 2023 at 2:05 a.m.
Blues aren’t moving Parayko in division. They certainly aren’t without a very good defensive prospect coming back.

This isn’t a full rebuild and we have nobody on the team or in the system that can even halfway replace the minutes Parayko plays in his usage.
Feb. 20, 2023 at 2:25 a.m.
Quoting: sleeparc

Especially not taking a discount in a high tax area
Feb. 20, 2023 at 3:17 a.m.
Quoting: glarson17
The trade with the 26 yo star power forward

Probably not much more. Maybe a B prospect at best or a young roster player. Maybe upgrade the 3rd to a 2nd. Lucius is already a good piece.
Feb. 20, 2023 at 3:18 a.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
I would WAY rather move Heinola and/or Lambert then Lucius and/or McGroarty.

May I ask why? My opinion is elsewhere, but I already explained my point of view
Feb. 20, 2023 at 3:21 a.m.
Quoting: AC14
Blues aren’t moving Parayko in division. They certainly aren’t without a very good defensive prospect coming back.

This isn’t a full rebuild and we have nobody on the team or in the system that can even halfway replace the minutes Parayko plays in his usage.

I think chisholm is definitely a good prospect coming back. That said, what else would you want? He’s not exactly on an appealing contract long term, even though he’s worth it now. Asking for Heinola probably breaks the deal as well. So I’m not sure.

Parayko to a divisional rival makes sense. But if the price is right, I’d imagine they would do it regardless. I’m not saying this is enough, cause idk what is. That’ll depend on what the market and blues decide is enough.
Feb. 20, 2023 at 3:31 a.m.
I think chisholm is definitely a good prospect coming back. That said, what else would you want? He’s not exactly on an appealing contract long term, even though he’s worth it now. Asking for Heinola probably breaks the deal as well. So I’m not sure.

Parayko to a divisional rival makes sense. But if the price is right, I’d imagine they would do it regardless. I’m not saying this is enough, cause idk what is. That’ll depend on what the market and blues decide is enough.

I don’t think they move him to be honest with you. I don’t think we can. He’s not the high end #1D we thought he would be initially. But it’s hard not to overlook the fact that he’s been thrown into the hardest usage by far for the team with the lack of a competent partner. Mikkola was god awful with the puck and is a serviceable defender as a bottom pair PKer. Leddy is an ok 3 zone player who’s strength is transitioning the puck mostly with his legs versus his passing. Parayko has around 65% dzone starts and has been used as a shutdown defender, but is being asked to be the number 1 guy.

He’s not perfect by any means. Isn’t a great first passer. Pretty good skater, and isn’t all that physical. But he’s far and away the best the Blues have, and we’re extremely far from having anyone else be able to handle the minutes he gets.

I wasn’t meant to slight the prospects involved. But taking more dart throws when we have as many picks and a couple of top end forward prospects doesn’t make a lot of sense. As much as most of us want to solidly a few top picks in the next couple of drafts, there’s nobody that will be in this FA class to at least shelter the current group we have to ensure we don’t turn into a 5-10 year train wreck.

I’ve went back and forth on this, but without a pretty sure fire right handed defensemen near term coming back it doesn’t make sense to move him. Faulk/Krug/Leddy are vastly different conversations to have though.
MisstheWhalers and arafay liked this.
Feb. 20, 2023 at 12:40 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
May I ask why? My opinion is elsewhere, but I already explained my point of view

Definitely can ask.

I simply don't see either amounting to much at the NHL level.

Lambert will likely be a bust, sounds like his development has been handled poorly from his teenage years till even this year, the Jets should've sent him straight to junior but instead tried the AHL where he struggled, just too much damage done over the years.

As for Heinola well I once thought he was the Jets best dman even when he wasn't playing for them but now he just looks like another smallish puck mover who can't defend and for all his mobility it just doesn't seem to lead to goals which is whats really needed. He hasn't looked impressive in his 10 games this season, I think he's stagnated.

I'd keep them and see if they panned out if the goal was to retool/rebuild for the long term but in this hypothetical here they're more of go for it now moves so in that scenario I'd try to move the guys that I think have less chance of turning into NHL players though in deals of this size I would think other GMs would prefer Lucius and/or McGroarty.

Anyway, thats just how I see it.
arafay liked this.
Feb. 20, 2023 at 1:22 p.m.
Quoting: AC14
I don’t think they move him to be honest with you. I don’t think we can. He’s not the high end #1D we thought he would be initially. But it’s hard not to overlook the fact that he’s been thrown into the hardest usage by far for the team with the lack of a competent partner. Mikkola was god awful with the puck and is a serviceable defender as a bottom pair PKer. Leddy is an ok 3 zone player who’s strength is transitioning the puck mostly with his legs versus his passing. Parayko has around 65% dzone starts and has been used as a shutdown defender, but is being asked to be the number 1 guy.

He’s not perfect by any means. Isn’t a great first passer. Pretty good skater, and isn’t all that physical. But he’s far and away the best the Blues have, and we’re extremely far from having anyone else be able to handle the minutes he gets.

I wasn’t meant to slight the prospects involved. But taking more dart throws when we have as many picks and a couple of top end forward prospects doesn’t make a lot of sense. As much as most of us want to solidly a few top picks in the next couple of drafts, there’s nobody that will be in this FA class to at least shelter the current group we have to ensure we don’t turn into a 5-10 year train wreck.

I’ve went back and forth on this, but without a pretty sure fire right handed defensemen near term coming back it doesn’t make sense to move him. Faulk/Krug/Leddy are vastly different conversations to have though.

I think that’s fair. I’m just going off rumours where their listening to offers. I think he provides more value to the jets than they would give up. They have a number 1 D in Morrissey, and a 3d in pionk, but no one in the middle. That said, I was shocked to see his name in rumours too.
Feb. 20, 2023 at 1:58 p.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Definitely can ask.

I simply don't see either amounting to much at the NHL level.

Lambert will likely be a bust, sounds like his development has been handled poorly from his teenage years till even this year, the Jets should've sent him straight to junior but instead tried the AHL where he struggled, just too much damage done over the years.

As for Heinola well I once thought he was the Jets best dman even when he wasn't playing for them but now he just looks like another smallish puck mover who can't defend and for all his mobility it just doesn't seem to lead to goals which is whats really needed. He hasn't looked impressive in his 10 games this season, I think he's stagnated.

I'd keep them and see if they panned out if the goal was to retool/rebuild for the long term but in this hypothetical here they're more of go for it now moves so in that scenario I'd try to move the guys that I think have less chance of turning into NHL players though in deals of this size I would think other GMs would prefer Lucius and/or McGroarty.

Anyway, thats just how I see it.

I think lamberts development has been handled fine by the jets. His WJC coach in Finland definitely hates him for some reason but I like what the jets did. Gave him good experience with the pro game and sent him back to the WHL to light it up and adjust his game. I expect him to be good next year.

Heinola is a tricky situation. I think he has a lot of potential. But he isn’t getting a chance to learn at the nhl level. Contrary to your opinion, I think he’s been good in his games. Last year, he was terrible in his own end, but now he’s passable. And he only gets better each game he plays at the nhl level. I agree with your knock on him about offense though. He doesn’t seem to play to his strengths right now. He’s very timid when he plays, which is uncharacteristic of him. That said, I think he’s just a guy that the jets need to play and let him make his mistakes. But next season is make or break for him. He better be on this team next year or something has to give.

The other two I’m actually less fond of. I guess you can tell I’m favouring potential over results now though when it comes to these guys. All 4 will be nhl guys tho in my opinion. Just a matter of when and to what extent. And I think lambert will be a boom pick. Heinola still has it in him. And then mcgroarty and Lucius are a step below.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll