SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/General Fantasy Talk

What are some players to look out for (Fantasy)

Jun. 13, 2017 at 11:20 p.m.
I don't have many high picks for my keeper league draft for the 2017-18 season, so I am planning to get some late round steals. What are some under-24 players that I should be looking out for and have a good chance to be similar to Sheary/Arvidsson/Granlund production for next season.
Jun. 14, 2017 at 9:55 a.m.
Depending on what your league keeps I have a few suggestions Similar to Grabner or Kadri, look for players who had unusually low shooting percentage (comparative to their career) who would potentially drop to later rounds because people would be put off. Eric Staal had a great year but he probably will not reach that level again.
For under the under 24s Jesse Puljuravi just lit up worlds after a slow start I expect him to make the Oilers and get some good point.
I also like Brayden Point for a young guy as he stepped into a busted line up and performed great in the 17 minutes he averaged a night.
Jul. 2, 2017 at 9:13 a.m.
Banned
All Vegas Golden Knights Players Are The Guys To Watch Out For Fantasy Hockey For ESPN And Yahoo!
Jul. 4, 2017 at 10:10 p.m.
Brayden Point
Jul. 5, 2017 at 11:29 p.m.
Anthony Mantha, Ivan Barbashev, Brayden Point, Andre Burakovsky
hotNreadyWings liked this.
Jul. 6, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
Quoting: Sahil2020
I don't have many high picks for my keeper league draft for the 2017-18 season, so I am planning to get some late round steals. What are some under-24 players that I should be looking out for and have a good chance to be similar to Sheary/Arvidsson/Granlund production for next season.

I've not looked heavily though RD Heed on the Sharks had a big season in AHL, like double digit goals with over 50 points in like 50ish games along with a nice Post Season... Kings have a lot of players like Kempe, Brodzinski, others who might make team are like Mersh, Auger, WAgner, LaDue another RD expected to maybe score a bit... Gravel or Forbort probably wouldn't have enough points for any value in Fantasy... Islanders have some guys Barzal or whatever who might be up, a few young D-men like Pulock or whatever, Mayfield I think. I'd say its easier to know around training camp or pre season... There might be a few goalies though didn't ask about them so guess not needed wink. Some from this year's draft like Tippett might try to make jump to NHL as well...
Jul. 8, 2017 at 1:39 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
I would go for Mattias Janmark. He was injured all last season but the previous season he did well and was only 22.

Dallas had an amazing off-season and he might be a huge steal late in a fantasy draft.
Jul. 8, 2017 at 3:07 p.m.
Oskar Lindbolm from Philadelphia
Jul. 11, 2017 at 12:32 a.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Possibly Kyle Connor on the Jets
Jul. 11, 2017 at 1:22 a.m.
Nick Ritchie another candidate not mentioned here
Jul. 11, 2017 at 7:33 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Deep sleeper that will most likely go undrafted -- Jakub Vrana. I mostly say this because of the Caps opening in the top six right now, he's sure to get a look playing with most likely Ovechkin and Kuzy. Could get 15-20 goals, honestly
Cprentice710 liked this.
Jul. 12, 2017 at 12:25 a.m.
Andres Bjork anyone? Most likely to play with Bergeron/Marchand or Krejci/Pasta
Jul. 12, 2017 at 12:26 a.m.
Another candidate is Brett Ritchie perhaps?
Jul. 12, 2017 at 6:33 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
I presume that most of the good young players are already owned in you league, but Clayton Keller, Brock Boeser, Tyson Jost, Adrian Kempe, Joel Eriksson-Ek, Matt Barzal, Alex DeBrincat, Tomas Chabot, Shea Theodore, Brandon Montour and Charlie McAvoy should all do very well next year.

I expect Oscar Lindberg and William Karlsson to have breakout seasons in Vegas, another real sleeper in Vegas could be Tomas Nosek.

Yanni Gourde is a personal favourite of Jon Cooper and could earn a spot in Tampa's top 9 and do quite well.

If your league counts hits Remi Elie and John Hayden will be useful players in very deep leagues.
Jul. 13, 2017 at 3:47 p.m.
Quoting: TonyStrecher
I presume that most of the good young players are already owned in you league, but Clayton Keller, Brock Boeser, Tyson Jost, Adrian Kempe, Joel Eriksson-Ek, Matt Barzal, Alex DeBrincat, Tomas Chabot, Shea Theodore, Brandon Montour and Charlie McAvoy should all do very well next year.

I expect Oscar Lindberg and William Karlsson to have breakout seasons in Vegas, another real sleeper in Vegas could be Tomas Nosek.

Yanni Gourde is a personal favourite of Jon Cooper and could earn a spot in Tampa's top 9 and do quite well.

If your league counts hits Remi Elie and John Hayden will be useful players in very deep leagues.

It's only 6 keeper so only already proven elite players are protected and most the players you mentioned are available but will probably be snagged in the first 5 rounds
Jul. 13, 2017 at 10:07 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: Sahil2020
Quoting: TonyStrecher

It's only 6 keeper so only already proven elite players are protected and most the players you mentioned are available but will probably be snagged in the first 5 rounds

Hmm okay. I also forgot to mention Calle Jarnkrok and Kevin Fiala who would be good pickups depending how many rounds there is. Jarnkrok was protected over James Neal in Nashville so they must plan to play him as their #2 center.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll