SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Simulateur de Transactions

PLD to mtl

Created by: Popperreault
Published: Mar. 9, 2023 at 10:16 p.m.
Salary Cap: $82,500,000
Season Days: 42/185 (23%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Anderson, JoshMontreal CanadiensNHL-$5,500,000011---6218826--
2023 1st round pick (Logo of the Florida PanthersFLA)---100------
2024 2nd round pick (Logo of the Colorado AvalancheCOL)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Dubois, Pierre-LucWinnipeg JetsNHL-$6,000,000011---61243155--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$2,640,8342547715617
Change-$500,000000-1-10
Final$2,140,834 (↓)2547714 (↓)5 (↓)1762329

Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWinnipeg Jets

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Dubois, Pierre-LucWinnipeg JetsNHL-$1,362,162011---61243155--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Anderson, JoshMontreal CanadiensNHL-$1,248,649011---6218826--
2023 1st round pick (Logo of the Florida PanthersFLA)---100------
2024 2nd round pick (Logo of the Colorado AvalancheCOL)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$768,3462645603410
Change$113,513000110
Final$881,859 (↑)2645604 (↑)5 (↑)10-6-23-29
Mar. 10, 2023 at 7:23 a.m.
Why does Montreal do this? If we wait 2 weeks after the draft we can OS PLD at 6.25 mil. This does 2 things 1 if the Jets match they can't trade PLD and he becomes a fa and can sing I'm Montreal if that is what he wants to do and it didn't cost us any assets. 2 if the Jets don't match we get the player for a 2024 1st and 3rd which is much more palatable than all these huge packages involving the 2023 1st + top 6 forward + 2nd round pick or top prospects.
Just_A_Guess liked this.
Mar. 10, 2023 at 6:56 p.m.
Quoting: Campabee
Why does Montreal do this? If we wait 2 weeks after the draft we can OS PLD at 6.25 mil. This does 2 things 1 if the Jets match they can't trade PLD and he becomes a fa and can sing I'm Montreal if that is what he wants to do and it didn't cost us any assets. 2 if the Jets don't match we get the player for a 2024 1st and 3rd which is much more palatable than all these huge packages involving the 2023 1st + top 6 forward + 2nd round pick or top prospects.

Thing is why would Dubois accept a os when it's way below his market value if he can just ask to he traded? Os is not a one way street both need to accept in the case it looks like he's on the move without the need of it so why even go down that route. (Gms don't forget os you must know that with the aho kotkaniemi sega). If you want Dubois simply beat the best offer or potentially lose him to a team that is willing to pay him long term it's that simple.
Mar. 10, 2023 at 7:39 p.m.
Quoting: Howie
Thing is why would Dubois accept a os when it's way below his market value if he can just ask to he traded? Os is not a one way street both need to accept in the case it looks like he's on the move without the need of it so why even go down that route. (Gms don't forget os you must know that with the aho kotkaniemi sega). If you want Dubois simply beat the best offer or potentially lose him to a team that is willing to pay him long term it's that simple.

I was just saying if the ask is stupid ridiculous like this ACGM why not OS and potentially only lose a 1st and 4th. That's the thing Jets fans aren't grasping. Montreal doesn't have to trade for him we have more options than the Jets do.
Mar. 10, 2023 at 8:03 p.m.
I was just saying if the ask is stupid ridiculous like this ACGM why not OS and potentially only lose a 1st and 4th. That's the thing Jets fans aren't grasping. Montreal doesn't have to trade for him we have more options than the Jets do.

Okay and? If you want to os him he needs to accept the deal to begin with. Jets have options beyond mtl as well as resigning (short or long term) sell as a rental sell with extension, sell to a a team he would extend. Trust me it's mutual it's just tye most likely case with a trade with mtl. Trust me I wouldn't want to see him go there either but in the world of realism jets aren't losing him for nothing and tend to get good returns regardless. Knowing that an os just isn't gonna happen
Mar. 10, 2023 at 8:31 p.m.
Okay and? If you want to os him he needs to accept the deal to begin with. Jets have options beyond mtl as well as resigning (short or long term) sell as a rental sell with extension, sell to a a team he would extend. Trust me it's mutual it's just tye most likely case with a trade with mtl. Trust me I wouldn't want to see him go there either but in the world of realism jets aren't losing him for nothing and tend to get good returns regardless. Knowing that an os just isn't gonna happen

Who says PLD isn't signing a 6.25 mil 1 year OS? You, fact is you don't know that he won't sign a 1 year 6.25 mil OS any more than I know he will. What I said earlier in the thread was we could try to convince him to sign it. If he wants Montreal so bad that he has allowed his agent to leak it several times throughout his career then it is within the realm of possibility that he would agree to it. If he does then the Jets are limited to just 2 options. Match and lose him for nothing in FA or don't match and Montreal only pays a 1st and 3rd. It behooves Montreal to be patient and not overpay for PLD and if the Jets are as ridiculous as Jets fans on here then it is in the Habs best interest to attempt an OS.
Mar. 10, 2023 at 8:36 p.m.
Who says PLD isn't signing a 6.25 mil 1 year OS? You, fact is you don't know that he won't sign a 1 year 6.25 mil OS any more than I know he will. What I said earlier in the thread was we could try to convince him to sign it. If he wants Montreal so bad that he has allowed his agent to leak it several times throughout his career then it is within the realm of possibility that he would agree to it. If he does then the Jets are limited to just 2 options. Match and lose him for nothing in FA or don't match and Montreal only pays a 1st and 3rd. It behooves Montreal to be patient and not overpay for PLD and if the Jets are as ridiculous as Jets fans on here then it is in the Habs best interest to attempt an OS.

You don't know that he will sign one and based on how many cases go to a successful os let alone to the point where the team needs to make a decision is slim that's why I say it's very unlikely to occur to begin with
Mar. 10, 2023 at 8:50 p.m.
You don't know that he will sign one and based on how many cases go to a successful os let alone to the point where the team needs to make a decision is slim that's why I say it's very unlikely to occur to begin with

Maybe, maybe not. It's just speculation from both pov at this time. You say he probably won't, I say he might if he really wants to come. It's a Mexican standoff cause truth is neither of really knows what he will or won't do.
Mar. 10, 2023 at 9:15 p.m.
Maybe, maybe not. It's just speculation from both pov at this time. You say he probably won't, I say he might if he really wants to come. It's a Mexican standoff cause truth is neither of really knows what he will or won't do.

I'm not saving its impossible I'm not trying to come across that way. I'm basing off how often os happen and the impact they have on teams. Os are risky for all teams involved due to a fact that picks can be anywhere, will cost to keep the player (Dubois can still go ufa, kotkaniemi cost long term, etc) and also the results of the os often leave a sour taste for all teams involved and including the notion that gms will most likely not envy you for that action and may come at you in a case where you have an rfa. It's entirely possible we're just basing our ideas on what makes sense to us. You see it as a way to aquire him for less. I see it as a long shot method that rarely occurs.
Mar. 14, 2023 at 7:21 p.m.

Jets would also prefer Montreal to offersheet as an unprotected Montreal 1st in 2024 will be waay more valuable than Florida's in 23.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll