7$8,250,000
8$7,750,000
2$950,000
2$950,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Dubois, Pierre-Luc [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Before you go saying that the trade is not even cause Horvat is older and a UFA, he was also retained so that offsets the age/UFA status difference.

Mailloux is a former 1st rounder who has had off ice issues but has worked to rectify the issues. Raty has had on ice issues since being drafted but has turned that around this year.

Dvorak like Beauvillier is a good middle 6 cap offset/replacement player.
WPG
  1. Dvorak, Christian
  2. Mailloux, Logan
  3. 2024 1st round pick (MTL)
Additional Details:
1st is top 10 protected

trade is exactly the same as the Canucks got for Horvat

1st with protection = 1st with protection
Mailloux = Raty
Dvorak = Beauvillier
MTL
ANA
  1. Allen, Jake
  2. Armia, Joel
  3. Edmundson, Joel
  4. Hoffman, Mike
Additional Details:
Traded anywhere in the offseason
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$63,646,666$1,170,000$4,275,000$19,853,334
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,750,000$7,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 7
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$8,250,000$8,250,000
C
UFA - 8
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$885,000$885,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
C
RFA - 3
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$275,000$275K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 21, 2023 at 12:54 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Jets aren’t touching mailoux with a 10 foot pole, dvorak injury is going to caution them on him also, would have to be top 3 protected in 24, for me it’s a 1/2/3 in next 3 drafts.
Mar. 21, 2023 at 12:56 p.m.
Easy no for Winnipeg.

Zero chance the Jets take a protected 24 first. The pick needs to be in 23.

Dvorak is injured and won't play before the season starts and since this trade is made in the summer, the Jets aren't gambling on his health, Dvorak has no value.

Mailloux has severe character issues that True North will not want to get involved with. He has no value to Winnipeg.

Think Horvat trade as the minimum starting point and then add for Dubois being younger, better and an RFA.

Remember trades have to work for both sides, so offering pieces that you want to get rid of, but have no value to Winnipeg isn't enticing.
Mar. 21, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
I dont get what you dont get. "Mailloux remains ineligible to play." Habs and him still have work to do before he sees NHL ice; why r u trying to pass that work along to other teams?
Mar. 21, 2023 at 1:08 p.m.
I could see Barron and 1st plus something to offset the cap but Dvorak likely can't be it now. But they also don't really need the cap space either so there is that.
Mar. 21, 2023 at 1:13 p.m.
Quoting: Birtle34
Jets aren’t touching mailoux with a 10 foot pole, dvorak injury is going to caution them on him also, would have to be top 3 protected in 24, for me it’s a 1/2/3 in next 3 drafts.

Why wouldn't the Jets touch Mailloux with a 10 foot pole? He isn't the first player/prospect to have legal issues, would you trade for Matthews after what he did and admitted to, Of course you would!

Dvorak has an injury that is the same as Svechnikov's both had season ending surgery but for whatever reason Dvorak is a pariah, talk about a double standard!
Mar. 21, 2023 at 1:15 p.m.
Quoting: Windjammer
Easy no for Winnipeg.

Dvorak is injured and won't play before the season starts and since this trade is made in the summer, the Jets aren't gambling on his health, Dvorak has no value.

Mailloux has severe character issues that True North will not want to get involved with. He has no value to Winnipeg.

Think Horvat trade as the minimum starting point and then add for Dubois being younger, better and an RFA.

Remember trades have to work for both sides, so offering pieces that you want to get rid of, but have no value to Winnipeg isn't enticing.

what would be the jets fan opinion on barron as one of the main piece coming back? like barron and a first being the 2 main pieces ?
Mar. 21, 2023 at 1:20 p.m.
i understand why no teams would try to get mailloux, he is more valuables to habs than other teams. i really like the dvorak-beauviller comp.
Mar. 21, 2023 at 1:20 p.m.
Quoting: Campabee
Why wouldn't the Jets touch Mailloux with a 10 foot pole? He isn't the first player/prospect to have legal issues, would you trade for Matthews after what he did and admitted to, Of course you would!

Dvorak has an injury that is the same as Svechnikov's both had season ending surgery but for whatever reason Dvorak is a pariah, talk about a double standard!

Holy hahaha what kind of comparison is this. I'll trade for an injured Svech over a healthy Dvorak any day. And your comparison with Matthews and Mailloux is invalid. Bettman literally said Mailloux is ineligible right now, so why would u trade for that? He may have value at some point, but as of right now, he's got zero.
Windjammer liked this.
Mar. 21, 2023 at 1:22 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe

Winnipeg is small city with intense scrutiny with a woke liberal
Management that wants to be on the right side of everything, are you really comparing dvorak to svechnikov? Dvorak was a healthy questionable 2c. With injury would be questionable upgrade and limited time to prove or want to stay in winnipeg. Easier just to draft and develop jets
Mar. 21, 2023 at 1:25 p.m.
Lenny7
I'm curious as to what you mean by "Raty has had on ice issues since being drafted but has turned that around this year"? Like, he was bad in his draft year, so he slipped to the 2nd round, but then all of the sudden in a different situation the next year he was good again? Because I'm not sure how that could possibly affect his value to anything close to a guy that remains ineligible to play in the NHL...

Aside from that, the Horvat trade is not a comparable. The Isles traded for 30+ games of him, with no extension in place, but managed to lock him up long term. You're getting a full season.
Mar. 21, 2023 at 1:25 p.m.
Quoting: Windjammer
Easy no for Winnipeg.

1. The trade is after the draft there for your not getting a 2023 1st, no idea why that is so hard for you to comprehend!

2. Your comment about Dvorak having "no value" shows how little you know about player's values. Dvorak's injury is no worse than Svechnikov's both needed surgery to repair their knees and neither is supposed to miss the beginning of the season but somehow Dvorak has no value because of it and Svechnikov's value is just fine. This is a complete and utter biased based comment!

3. Severe character issues, like Scheifele is a model character right? The guy is being sued for not paying his personal chef and breach of contract or how about Big Buff's settling a lawsuit out of court?! Yeah they are model characters! Mailloux has had off ice issues there is no denying it but he is also working on rectifying them, the Jets were one of the teams in on Evander Kane and his issues so don't give me the BS about them not being interested in players with character issues.

4. 2023 top 12 protected 1st, former 2nd round pick Raty and Beavillier < 2024 top 10 protected 1st, a former 1st round pick Mailloux and Dvorak who plays a more important position. Also there was payment for the retention on Horvat so that counteracts the age and expiry status.
Mar. 21, 2023 at 1:27 p.m.
Quoting: Lenny7
I'm curious as to what you mean by "Raty has had on ice issues since being drafted but has turned that around this year"? Like, he was bad in his draft year, so he slipped to the 2nd round, but then all of the sudden in a different situation the next year he was good again? Because I'm not sure how that could possibly affect his value to anything close to a guy that remains ineligible to play in the NHL...

Aside from that, the Horvat trade is not a comparable. The Isles traded for 30+ games of him, with no extension in place, but managed to lock him up long term. You're getting a full season.

Sorry, I meant on ice consistency issues not that he was bad. Since this trade is in the offseason it is basically just for his negotiating rights since he would not be a sign and trade or come with an extension.
Mar. 21, 2023 at 1:35 p.m.
Lenny7
Sorry, I meant on ice consistency issues not that he was bad. Since this trade is in the offseason it is basically just for his negotiating rights since he would not be a sign and trade or come with an extension.

Sure, but you still get a full year of him, vs. him being a deadline acquisition.

I guess the main thing here if I'm Winnipeg though-Why am I selling? I'm a good team, I've got one of the best goalies in the league...if anything, I'm adding, not subtracting. If I suck mid-season, great, I'll trade PLD...until then, I'm not downgrading my lineup.

If I'm Montreal, I'm realizing that I'm not a PLD away from contention, and I simply wait until he hits UFA status the following offseason *IF* he decides that Montreal is where he wants to be anyway.
Mar. 21, 2023 at 1:44 p.m.
Quoting: drambui
what would be the jets fan opinion on barron as one of the main piece coming back? like barron and a first being the 2 main pieces ?

That's hard to say on Barron, I like of like him. He is a RHD with size that the Jets need, but doesn't seem to have progressed much since he was drafted. So, it probably would come down to how Jets scouts like him.

Although I think the Jets would ideally prefer a forward with top 6 potential as a main piece. They need that more than defense prospects.
Mar. 21, 2023 at 1:44 p.m.
1. The trade is after the draft there for your not getting a 2023 1st, no idea why that is so hard for you to comprehend!

2. Your comment about Dvorak having "no value" shows how little you know about player's values. Dvorak's injury is no worse than Svechnikov's both needed surgery to repair their knees and neither is supposed to miss the beginning of the season but somehow Dvorak has no value because of it and Svechnikov's value is just fine. This is a complete and utter biased based comment!

3. Severe character issues, like Scheifele is a model character right? The guy is being sued for not paying his personal chef and breach of contract or how about Big Buff's settling a lawsuit out of court?! Yeah they are model characters! Mailloux has had off ice issues there is no denying it but he is also working on rectifying them, the Jets were one of the teams in on Evander Kane and his issues so don't give me the BS about them not being interested in players with character issues.

4. 2023 top 12 protected 1st, former 2nd round pick Raty and Beavillier < 2024 top 10 protected 1st, a former 1st round pick Mailloux and Dvorak who plays a more important position. Also there was payment for the retention on Horvat so that counteracts the age and expiry status.

He's trolling you, why do you feed this?
Mar. 21, 2023 at 1:47 p.m.
Sure, but you still get a full year of him, vs. him being a deadline acquisition.

I guess the main thing here if I'm Winnipeg though-Why am I selling? I'm a good team, I've got one of the best goalies in the league...if anything, I'm adding, not subtracting. If I suck mid-season, great, I'll trade PLD...until then, I'm not downgrading my lineup.

If I'm Montreal, I'm realizing that I'm not a PLD away from contention, and I simply wait until he hits UFA status the following offseason *IF* he decides that Montreal is where he wants to be anyway.

I get that from both perspectives the question is though is Winnipeg a playoff team? They are 4 points from dropping out of the playoff race this year and Calgary has a game in hand. Also they have most of their core to decide on whether they are going to extend them or start a rebuild after next season. Just like Jets fans like to point out when Habs fans suggest waiting, there is risk for them as well. What if Dubois doesn't play as well next season and his value drops a little? What if Montreal decides that they want Dubois this offseason and a deal can't be worked out so they submit and OS (it's unlikely but could happen) then they can't even trade him next TDL. Over their last 10 games Calgary has been slightly better posting a 4-4-2 record compared to a 4-5-1 record, its not outside the realm of possibility that the Jets miss the playoffs. There are a hundred different what if scenarios that could play out and 50% of them favor the Habs and the other 50% favor the Jets, so it is likely in both teams best interests to work out a fair deal.
Mar. 21, 2023 at 1:52 p.m.
Quoting: CF18GM
Holy hahaha what kind of comparison is this. I'll trade for an injured Svech over a healthy Dvorak any day. And your comparison with Matthews and Mailloux is invalid. Bettman literally said Mailloux is ineligible right now, so why would u trade for that? He may have value at some point, but as of right now, he's got zero.

Of course you would so would any sane person but its not about the player's compared to each other skill wise, it is about the ridiculous statement that Dvorak loses value because he is injured but Svechnikov doesn't. If two players have the same season ending surgery then why would their values not drop proportionately? The only reason it wouldn't is because of bias, you like one player over the other.
Mar. 21, 2023 at 1:53 p.m.
Snipe City
I honestly don't see why everyones complaining about this. If Dubois doesn't get traded to the Habs, he's gonna leave as a ufa in 2024 regardless loll. Ya'll are delusional if you think Winnipeg would be winning this trade its just a matter of time. Hughes has all the leverage and worst case, he can just wait until next year and not give up any assets
Mar. 21, 2023 at 1:59 p.m.
Quoting: YTSnipeCity
I honestly don't see why everyones complaining about this. If Dubois doesn't get traded to the Habs, he's gonna leave as a ufa in 2024 regardless loll. Ya'll are delusional if you think Winnipeg would be winning this trade its just a matter of time. Hughes has all the leverage and worst case, he can just wait until next year and not give up any assets

Not really all the leverage, I feel like it is 50-50. Both sides have reasons to make a trade and both sides have a reason to not make a trade, the issue is as we are finding out how that trade would look.
Mar. 21, 2023 at 2:05 p.m.
Snipe City
Not really all the leverage, I feel like it is 50-50. Both sides have reasons to make a trade and both sides have a reason to not make a trade, the issue is as we are finding out how that trade would look.

fair but i think no matter what happens mtl comes out with the W. Either they wait it out and get PLD for no assets, in which they can continue to rebuild, or they trade for him and go into a more win now mode.
Campabee liked this.
Mar. 21, 2023 at 2:28 p.m.
Lenny7
I get that from both perspectives the question is though is Winnipeg a playoff team? They are 4 points from dropping out of the playoff race this year and Calgary has a game in hand. Also they have most of their core to decide on whether they are going to extend them or start a rebuild after next season. Just like Jets fans like to point out when Habs fans suggest waiting, there is risk for them as well. What if Dubois doesn't play as well next season and his value drops a little? What if Montreal decides that they want Dubois this offseason and a deal can't be worked out so they submit and OS (it's unlikely but could happen) then they can't even trade him next TDL. Over their last 10 games Calgary has been slightly better posting a 4-4-2 record compared to a 4-5-1 record, its not outside the realm of possibility that the Jets miss the playoffs. There are a hundred different what if scenarios that could play out and 50% of them favor the Habs and the other 50% favor the Jets, so it is likely in both teams best interests to work out a fair deal.

They're basically last seasons Islanders, no? Fringy. I'm certainly not saying that they're the best in the league, but they're far more likely to add a couple of pieces this offseason than to subtract...you trade PLD, you might as well follow it up with Scheifele, Hellebyuck, Demelo, Dillon, Nino, etc.

Not saying that trading PLD at the height of his value isn't the right play, it's just not something that happens when a team is in the position that they are. Plus, what are the ramifications for the Jets if they go into a rebuild? They *NEED* to sell out on a nightly basis. They *NEED* to be a decent-good team.
Mar. 21, 2023 at 2:32 p.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: YTSnipeCity

I don't think the likelihood is high that he re-signs in Winnipeg...But I also don't buy this "He's going to end up in Montreal 100%!!!" thing either.

When it comes to leverage-There's 15-20 teams that are going to be rolling into the deadline next year looking for a player like him (Also many would be looking this offseason as well, depending on if Winnipeg was in fact interested in moving him)...if the best comp at this point is the Horvat trade, there's no reason why it won't still be in March next year (Unless he gets injured).
Mar. 21, 2023 at 2:39 p.m.
Yeah jets can look elsewhere and make their own leverage in where Dubois would sign and trade him. This would create a situation where the jets get more and the team extends him long term. I don't get mtl trading for him if they aren't the best offer available. As a rental he could get this so why force a trade to a certain destination when we can open the amount of teams that he can go to and thus create a bidding war in a sense. The fact of the matter is we don't know if it's only mtl, what teams he'd sign long term with and what Dubois truly wants.
Windjammer liked this.
Mar. 21, 2023 at 2:47 p.m.
Edited Mar. 21, 2023 at 2:56 p.m.
I don't think the likelihood is high that he re-signs in Winnipeg...But I also don't buy this "He's going to end up in Montreal 100%!!!" thing either.

When it comes to leverage-There's 15-20 teams that are going to be rolling into the deadline next year looking for a player like him (Also many would be looking this offseason as well, depending on if Winnipeg was in fact interested in moving him)...if the best comp at this point is the Horvat trade, there's no reason why it won't still be in March next year (Unless he gets injured).

I don't buy the he is going to end up in Montreal 100% thing either, I just also don't buy that Montreal has to give up 2 or 3 1st rounders +. Dvorak is no PLD but he still has value around the league (even injured), a 2024 1st (after the 2023 draft) is still valuable and no team is giving up a top 10 pick at this point since they are learning those are the ones with the best shot at being equal to or better than the player they are acquiring and while Mailloux has had his share of off ice issues he is still a promising top 4 RHD prospect, teams still pay for them. DeAngelo is a racist, E. Kane is a sleaze bag and Matthews by his own admission was terrorizing (using violence and intimidation to strike fear into another person or the public) that young security guard (which in my opinion is just as bad as sharing a picture of a consensual act without permission). There are players all around the league with varying levels of off ice/legal issues and teams still trade for them.

EDIT*** I also forgot to add that even a top 10 protected pick in the 2024 draft is likely better than the Florida pick this year since it appears like the Cats have turned their season around and that pick will be in the 16-32 range anyway.
Mar. 21, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
Lenny7
I don't buy the he is going to end up in Montreal 100% thing either, I just also don't buy that Montreal has to give up 2 or 3 1st rounders +. Dvorak is no PLD but he still has value around the league (even injured), a 2024 1st (after the 2023 draft) is still valuable and no team is giving up a top 10 pick at this point since they are learning those are the ones with the best shot at being equal to or better than the player they are acquiring and while Mailloux has had his share of off ice issues he is still a promising top 4 RHD prospect, teams still pay for them. DeAngelo is a racist, E. Kane is a sleaze bag and Matthews by his own admission was terrorizing (using violence and intimidation to strike fear into another person or the public) that young security guard (which in my opinion is just as bad as sharing a picture of a consensual act without permission). There are players all around the league with varying levels of off ice/legal issues.

Just to cherry pick that "no team is giving up a top 10 pick" part, Ottawa did it last year for Debrincat (and a high 2nd, and a 3rd).

As for the "bad" dudes that you listed off...You know what...Deangelo is probably the closest comp that can come out of this. He fell in his draft year because he's a donkey, continued to be a donkey, and was inevitably traded for a 2nd round pick a couple of years later (Before being traded again a year later as a minor piece in the Stepan trade). The main difference there is that at no point did the league commish say "He's ineligible to play".

Let's not go crazy here and try to compare Matthews mooning a security guard to somebody sharing nudies with an entire group of people without consent. It ain't even close.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll