SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Whats more valuable

Mar. 22, 2023 at 9:24 a.m.
Everyone please I'm not saying it's gonna happen but honestly I'd say an os non matched isn't too bad when compared to what we can expect chevy to do and use Dubois as a self rental.

What pick is more valuable tho as it's most likely one of these picks (2023 Florida 1st or 2024 unprotected 1st).
2023 is a better draft class but mtl is not in a position to compete next year with Dubois and even then would have a monster of a division to emerge from.

In terms of an os where does the first land?

This also has the advantage of not needing to take back contracts that aren't needed or salary. We can look to the ufa market and try to entice a player that may not be the best option and come where he'll get the minutes.
Mar. 22, 2023 at 9:28 a.m.
unprotected first next year i believe
Mar. 22, 2023 at 9:28 a.m.
Don't give them anything. Re-tool for another year and sign PLD when he's a UFA for free.
habs_need_Scoring liked this.
Mar. 22, 2023 at 9:39 a.m.
Quoting: EvanderKanesLawyer
Don't give them anything. Re-tool for another year and sign PLD when he's a UFA for free.

Then you risk not getting him at all. He's an elite player that wants to play for your team which is so good as he can be a face of the team going forward and you say you don't even want to show an ounce of that same desire back to aquire him. If he goes ufa he may say that mtl hasn't shown the interest when he would sign a good deal this summer and go elsewhere. I'd die for an elite talent to say he wants to come to winnipeg. Again that won't happen as and wouldn't be realistic.
Mar. 22, 2023 at 9:45 a.m.
Quoting: Howie
Then you risk not getting him at all. He's an elite player that wants to play for your team which is so good as he can be a face of the team going forward and you say you don't even want to show an ounce of that same desire back to aquire him. If he goes ufa he may say that mtl hasn't shown the interest when he would sign a good deal this summer and go elsewhere. I'd die for an elite talent to say he wants to come to winnipeg. Again that won't happen as and wouldn't be realistic.

I can't see MTL passing on a Quebec born, young 2C who WANTS to play in Montreal when he walks as a UFA.
Mar. 22, 2023 at 9:55 a.m.
I think next years 1st lands in the 6-10 range with Dubois (barring injuries and players exceeding expectations). So the question is, is the 2023 1st (assuming it's 16th or worse) better than the 2024 1st in that range. IMO the 2024 1st is better for the Jets but the 3rd will be less than the add-ons to that. As far as Montreal's POV at this point the 2023 1st is better for them but the add-ons are worse.
Mar. 22, 2023 at 9:56 a.m.
Quoting: Campabee
I think next years 1st lands in the 6-10 range with Dubois (barring injuries and players exceeding expectations). So the question is, is the 2023 1st (assuming it's 16th or worse) better than the 2024 1st in that range. IMO the 2024 1st is better for the Jets but the 3rd will be less than the add-ons to that. As far as Montreal's POV at this point the 2023 1st is better for them but the add-ons are worse.

But based on mtl agms it's only the Florida first that garners any view most times so the os in that context is better lol
Mar. 22, 2023 at 10:02 a.m.
But based on mtl agms it's only the Florida first that garners any view most times so the os in that context is better lol

For me the 1st at this point and anything in the 12-16 range is worth giving up it is just the add-ons, if it was just the 2023 1st + Kidney + Dvorak then that would be ok (I would even be willing to add another pick like a 3rd or 4th) but most times its Barron, Beck, Roy or Farrell that is added and additional picks/players. The package ass-ons are just too much more than an OS would be, so at that point it becomes more appealing to attempt the OS.
Mar. 22, 2023 at 10:04 a.m.
Montreal is not going to offer-sheet Dubois.

1) How on earth is Dubois elite? He's a 60 point center who drive's play offensively 5 on 5, but produces mostly on the PP. He's a good player and can play an important role on a contender, but no one is buying that he's elite. Real good 1b/2 Center? Sure. But no one is building a team around him. Saying he'd be the face of the team going forward is bad sell, because he shouldn't be the face of a team, let alone Montreal.

2) I think we can safely assume that Montreal has shown enough interest in Dubois considering all the noise coming from insiders. If its not enough interest for him with a competitive UFA offer, then he's not worth signing.

If Dubois wants to go to Montreal, the Jets are not going to be able to squeeze them as they are rebuilding. If he's fine going elsewhere or just wants to test free agency, then the Jets are not going to be able to squeeze the Habs as Dubois isn't worth deviating from a long-term plan for.
Mar. 22, 2023 at 10:13 a.m.
Darkblade
if pld signs a os its to make it more valuable come tdl, mtl wont offer their 24 1st unprotected via os, they most likely gon trade for pld but lesser than what jets would get from a buyer at tdl.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll