RW, C
RFA - 2
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$7,875,000$7,875,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$4,250,000$4,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$4,200,000$4,200,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$5,500,000$5,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,675,000$1,675,000
C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$875,000$875,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LD
UFA - 8
$11,000,000$11,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,166,666$4,166,666
LD
UFA - 2
$3,150,000$3,150,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 5
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$900,000$900,000
C, LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 23, 2023 at 6:26 a.m.
Deslauriers with retention is a late 3rd fairly easily, Seeler, has the metrics and a lot of teams would have him at 775k for a good 4th, maybe even a late 3rd, but Thomas and Parik are starting to reach the meh stage. Parik is not playing well in the ECHL and Thomas is alright, but the shine of those are off. Thomas is probably PHI’s 4th best forward prospect AT BEST, not including that youngsters like farabee, cates, frost, Allison, tippet are in the NHL now and ahead of him. So Parik and Thomas do NOT offset taking on TWO years of 5mil tanking Petersen. I think you’d have to add something PHI actually wants for them to give up two players they don’t want to give up for that offer.

Matt Murray cost 33% retention down to 4.7mil and cost OTT a high in the round 3rd, to get rid of him, I just don’t think Parik and Thomas are enough for someone to take on that cap dump of Petersen and the 2 low in the round 3rds are pretty fair, market value for Deslauriers and Seeler

This is about the 4-5th time you've proposed pretty much this deal for these 2 players, and every time when I say not enough, you counter with something like deslauriers isn;t worth a 3rd, then stop proposing to acquire him.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 6:33 a.m.
Quoting: Hammerwise
Deslauriers with retention is a late 3rd fairly easily, Seeler, has the metrics and a lot of teams would have him at 775k for a good 4th, maybe even a late 3rd, but Thomas and Parik are starting to reach the meh stage. Parik is not playing well in the ECHL and Thomas is alright, but the shine of those are off. Thomas is probably PHI’s 4th best forward prospect AT BEST, not including that youngsters like farabee, cates, frost, Allison, tippet are in the NHL now and ahead of him. So Parik and Thomas do NOT offset taking on TWO years of 5mil tanking Petersen. I think you’d have to add something PHI actually wants for them to give up two players they don’t want to give up for that offer.

Matt Murray cost 33% retention down to 4.7mil and cost OTT a high in the round 3rd, to get rid of him, I just don’t think Parik and Thomas are enough for someone to take on that cap dump of Petersen and the 2 low in the round 3rds are pretty fair, market value for Deslauriers and Seeler

This is about the 4-5th time you've proposed pretty much this deal for these 2 players, and every time when I say not enough, you counter with something like deslauriers isn;t worth a 3rd, then stop proposing to acquire him.

This is a quote from you: "PHI will have cap space so just join the two deals and make it realistic: Deslauriers at 50% and Seeler for cap dump Petersen, two 3rds and a 4th and a meh prospect, Akili Thomas?"

I admit I missed the 4th round pick part, I will change it.
Hammerwise liked this.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 6:38 a.m.
Habs4Ever
I personally would do this but I know the majority of MTL fans wouldn’t.
Would you do Harris vs Spence tho ?
Just_A_Guess liked this.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 6:47 a.m.
Quoting: McSorley
This is a quote from you: "PHI will have cap space so just join the two deals and make it realistic: Deslauriers at 50% and Seeler for cap dump Petersen, two 3rds and a 4th and a meh prospect, Akili Thomas?"

I admit I missed the 4th round pick part, I will change it.

VERY true, I admit. But after looking at Petersen/Thomas/Parik and looking at other offers, (theres a thread about 5-6 down from a TBL fan who's offering a 3rd and 4th for Seeler alone), I think PHI does better than this offer, and theres just not tons there that they need/want.

Its not a lot of $$$ in retention, but its the loss of 1/3 of the spots for 3 years for a miniscule amount. And TWO years of Petersen, isn;t dissimilar from the 2 years of Murray another poster pointed out in another thread.

So, yes, I think I was initially wrong in my assessment in whether there was enough there for PHI. Im not saying seeler or Deslauriers are that great either, but taking on a cap dump of 5mil for 2 years in comparison to Murray probably cost a 3rd, and 1 of/if not both of Parik and Thomas, which leaves very little for the two players and retention PHI is giving up
Mar. 23, 2023 at 6:55 a.m.
Quoting: TheRealisticGuy

I think most Habs fans ignore the fact that if this offer landed on Hughes desk, he would take it 100 times over.
The whole point of acquiring Xhekaj is that he fills an area of need for LA. He's tough, physical, and big. They have Doughty, Clarke, and Spence who can do what Durzi does which makes him expendable.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 6:58 a.m.
VERY true, I admit. But after looking at Petersen/Thomas/Parik and looking at other offers, (theres a thread about 5-6 down from a TBL fan who's offering a 3rd and 4th for Seeler alone), I think PHI does better than this offer, and theres just not tons there that they need/want.

Its not a lot of $$$ in retention, but its the loss of 1/3 of the spots for 3 years for a miniscule amount. And TWO years of Petersen, isn;t dissimilar from the 2 years of Murray another poster pointed out in another thread.

So, yes, I think I was initially wrong in my assessment in whether there was enough there for PHI. Im not saying seeler or Deslauriers are that great either, but taking on a cap dump of 5mil for 2 years in comparison to Murray probably cost a 3rd, and 1 of/if not both of Parik and Thomas, which leaves very little for the two players and retention PHI is giving up

I don't think Flyers are getting a 3rd or 3rd and a 4th for Seeler. He is a depth defenseman playing less than 15 mins on average on one of the worse teams in the league.
Hammerwise liked this.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 7:01 a.m.

Also, after the 2023-24 season, Petersen's buyout cap hit is extremely cheap so the Kings aren't paying a significant price to dump him.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 7:08 a.m.
I don't think Flyers are getting a 3rd or 3rd and a 4th for Seeler. He is a depth defenseman playing less than 15 mins on average on one of the worse teams in the league.

Maybe not, but theres other prosposals out there offering it, ultimately its maybe off by a lot, but I dont think any team wants to:

1 Pay a measly sum in retention for 3 years losing a retention spot and a desired player without a better return
2 Take on a 5mil cap dump without overpayment if they dont need that player (TOR at least needed a goalie) or considering a buy out for said cap dump (and carrying retention for the trade) without overpayment
3 Its an uneven trade that doesn't possess anything of value to PHI, except the 2 3rds, which really only cover what PHI is giving up not the cap dump theyre taking on

Ultimately if you REALLY want those two PHI players and/or really want to dump Petersen, you have to consider overpaying or offering something PHI wants/needs
Mar. 23, 2023 at 7:10 a.m.
Also, after the 2023-24 season, Petersen's buyout cap hit is extremely cheap so the Kings aren't paying a significant price to dump him.

Thats fine, keep him. PHI doesn;t need him and you're not really paying enough to dump him on them.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 7:12 a.m.
Maybe not, but theres other prosposals out there offering it, ultimately its maybe off by a lot, but I dont think any team wants to:

1 Pay a measly sum in retention for 3 years losing a retention spot and a desired player without a better return
2 Take on a 5mil cap dump without overpayment if they dont need that player (TOR at least needed a goalie) or considering a buy out for said cap dump (and carrying retention for the trade) without overpayment
3 Its an uneven trade that doesn't possess anything of value to PHI, except the 2 3rds, which really only cover what PHI is giving up not the cap dump theyre taking on

Ultimately if you REALLY want those two PHI players and/or really want to dump Petersen, you have to consider overpaying or offering something PHI wants/needs

So what is fair? Upgrading one of the 3rd's to a 2nd and upgrading Thomas to Madden or Andersson?
Mar. 23, 2023 at 7:28 a.m.
So what is fair? Upgrading one of the 3rd's to a 2nd and upgrading Thomas to Madden or Andersson?

Ultimately PHI could take Petersen, even in his current state, and they have a shortage of prospect centers and maybe hes buried with LAs depth, so Akili Thomas might be of value, but I think to move Petersen probably cost a 2nd alone.

As another poster said yesterday if OTT paid 33% retention and gave up a 3rd which they expected to be mid round to part with Murray, who;s problem wasn;t stats or efforts but injuries, its hard not to see Petersen not costing a low in the round 2nd just to dump. And I couldn;t argue with that rationale.

SO going from there I'd have to say Deslauriers is worth a low in the round 3rd without retention and Seeler is worth a 4th in 2023, so if you're offering 2 late in the round 3rds for those 2 and the retention thats probably close.

So does Deslauriers with retention and Seeler get Petersen, a 2nd, 2 3rds? Its possible, I dont know if either team does that though.

For LAK thats alot of draft capitol to address grit/toughness and dump petersen. For PHI they lose 2 players serving a purpose, eat their cap space for a player/position they dont need. Certainly the picks are good, but PHI has a ton of youth right now, they need some hard nosed vets who play the "game right".

I proposed some kind of Sanheim/Deslauriers/+ to LAK for Petersen/Walker/+ yesterday, but it would probably be something LA doesn;t want to part with like a Turcotte or Spence, if LAK dont go down the Gavrikov route
Mar. 23, 2023 at 7:34 a.m.
Ultimately PHI could take Petersen, even in his current state, and they have a shortage of prospect centers and maybe hes buried with LAs depth, so Akili Thomas might be of value, but I think to move Petersen probably cost a 2nd alone.

As another poster said yesterday if OTT paid 33% retention and gave up a 3rd which they expected to be mid round to part with Murray, who;s problem wasn;t stats or efforts but injuries, its hard not to see Petersen not costing a low in the round 2nd just to dump. And I couldn;t argue with that rationale.

SO going from there I'd have to say Deslauriers is worth a low in the round 3rd without retention and Seeler is worth a 4th in 2023, so if you're offering 2 late in the round 3rds for those 2 and the retention thats probably close.

So does Deslauriers with retention and Seeler get Petersen, a 2nd, 2 3rds? Its possible, I dont know if either team does that though.

For LAK thats alot of draft capitol to address grit/toughness and dump petersen. For PHI they lose 2 players serving a purpose, eat their cap space for a player/position they dont need. Certainly the picks are good, but PHI has a ton of youth right now, they need some hard nosed vets who play the "game right".

I proposed some kind of Sanheim/Deslauriers/+ to LAK for Petersen/Walker/+ yesterday, but it would probably be something LA doesn;t want to part with like a Turcotte or Spence, if LAK dont go down the Gavrikov route

Deslauriers with his contract without retention is worth a 4th round pick, with retention would be a 3rd round pick. Seeler is probably worth a 5th, lets go with a 4th just because. Kings won't touch Sanheim, they can't afford him. Even with getting rid of Petersen and Walker.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 7:49 a.m.
Quoting: TheRealisticGuy

I would also much rather see a Harris for RD move instead of Wifi.
ricochetii liked this.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 8:01 a.m.
I think most Habs fans ignore the fact that if this offer landed on Hughes desk, he would take it 100 times over.
The whole point of acquiring Xhekaj is that he fills an area of need for LA. He's tough, physical, and big. They have Doughty, Clarke, and Spence who can do what Durzi does which makes him expendable.

Edmundson is on the last year of contract, Next year Hutson will play NHL, I will keep WIFI for the physical side of his game. But it appear that it's a fair trade
McSorley liked this.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 8:02 a.m.
Deslauriers with his contract without retention is worth a 4th round pick, with retention would be a 3rd round pick. Seeler is probably worth a 5th, lets go with a 4th just because. Kings won't touch Sanheim, they can't afford him. Even with getting rid of Petersen and Walker.

Yeah, I just dont think PHI does it, its not worth it for a late in the round 3rd and 4th. A late 4th for Deslauriers is probably not enough, and many posters have already said theyd give more than a 5th for Seeler. They'll do better elsewhere. Worth a shot.
McSorley liked this.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 8:07 a.m.
Go Habs Go

I'm a little worried Hughes would make that trade as well, but it's nowhere near a done deal. I think he recognizes the confidence and fire Xhekaj's presence brings, especially in the young guys, and that could be invaluable. They love him.
McSorley liked this.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 9:30 a.m.

Maybe a month or two ago, I'm not so sure now. Montreal is rebuilding and between Matheson's play when healthy and the growth of Barron, Montreal doesn’t have much pressure to make that trade now and would probably want to spend more time evaluating Xhekaj. Durzi is better now, but finding players that can play the way Xhekaj can is pretty difficult. I doubt it's a trade Montreal would make in the offseason.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll