$4,725,000$4,725,000
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$1,675,000$1,675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$859,167$859,167 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
G
RFA - 1
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$5,100,000$5,100,000
RD
UFA - 4
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$785,000$785,000
RW
RFA - 1
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RD
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 23, 2023 at 10:36 a.m.
Banned
That's a no from me dogg. Laughton is going to be the Flyers next captain and Robertson is going to be the next Jeremy Bracco.
Not_Isles5513 liked this.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 10:44 a.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: DirtyDangles
That's a no from me dogg. Laughton is going to be the Flyers next captain and Robertson is going to be the next Jeremy Bracco.

Robertson is better than Bracco. Leafs have ****ed him over so hard over the past year or so. That being said both these trades r TERRIBLE value for Philly. These deals are criminally undervaluing both players.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 10:44 a.m.

Laughton is not going to be apart of the solution. He's 30 and a 3rd line player at best. buh-bye I like him and he's been a solid flyer. Also there is no way he is captain material. That would be embarrassing. The "A" is more than enough.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 10:48 a.m.
Leafs Sufferer
Quoting: Not_Isles5513
Robertson is better than Bracco. Leafs have ****ed him over so hard over the past year or so. That being said both these trades r TERRIBLE value for Philly. These deals are criminally undervaluing both players.

How has TOR screwed him over? CF has his injury history from the past year or so. Go check it out.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:03 a.m.
Quoting: BroadStreet53
Laughton is not going to be apart of the solution. He's 30 and a 3rd line player at best. buh-bye I like him and he's been a solid flyer. Also there is no way he is captain material. That would be embarrassing. The "A" is more than enough.

Every single competing team wants a player like Scott Laughton sure he might not fit the Flyers timeline and might be moved but this is not nearly enough to move on from laughton. Also, Laughton has been the only player all year with a letter, he's been called a leader by coaching staff and players and when drafted the comparison to Mike Richards was made by many fans at the time. He is 100% captain material and should be
DirtyDangles liked this.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:07 a.m.
Banned

This might be the worst take I have ever seen about Laughton. First, he 100% IS captain material. Nobody gives the effort he gives game in and game out. It's called leading by example. Second, you need veterans to help bring up the kids and Laughton is perfect for that.
flyersarephilly liked this.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:11 a.m.
Quoting: flyersarephilly
Every single competing team wants a player like Scott Laughton sure he might not fit the Flyers timeline and might be moved but this is not nearly enough to move on from laughton. Also, Laughton has been the only player all year with a letter, he's been called a leader by coaching staff and players and when drafted the comparison to Mike Richards was made by many fans at the time. He is 100% captain material and should be

I understand he has been the only player with a letter all year. Coots will be back next year, we all hope and you cannot tell me if not for this injury he isn't the slam dunk Captain. If Laughton is named our captain that would be fitting. Just another thing this franchise will have messed up. He may be a leader and that's great, but he will only be here for at most 3 more seasons. The Mike Richards comparison is wild. Richards on the ice was miles ahead, but off the ice I have never heard a thing about Laughts like you did with Richards. It was always snowy in Philadelphia when Richie wore the "C". Jori Lehtera would've been one hell of a teammate for him just came about 5 years too late.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:14 a.m.
This might be the worst take I have ever seen about Laughton. First, he 100% IS captain material. Nobody gives the effort he gives game in and game out. It's called leading by example. Second, you need veterans to help bring up the kids and Laughton is perfect for that.

Zach Macewen gave effort here too. Should've strapped him with the "A" right lol. gtfo. A captain needs to be a leader, but also a top-tier player on your team. Look around at all the top-teams. You don't see 3rd line effort players wearing the "C". This is everything that is wrong with the Flyers.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:16 a.m.
Banned
I understand he has been the only player with a letter all year. Coots will be back next year, we all hope and you cannot tell me if not for this injury he isn't the slam dunk Captain. If Laughton is named our captain that would be fitting. Just another thing this franchise will have messed up. He may be a leader and that's great, but he will only be here for at most 3 more seasons. The Mike Richards comparison is wild. Richards on the ice was miles ahead, but off the ice I have never heard a thing about Laughts like you did with Richards. It was always snowy in Philadelphia when Richie wore the "C". Jori Lehtera would've been one hell of a teammate for him just came about 5 years too late.

...if not for the injury Coots would be a slam dunk! And if my Aunt had nuts, she'd be my Uncle. You do understand that being a Captain is not all about on ice skill right? Laughton could very easily be here is entire career whether it be middle 6 or bottom 6. Why do you hate him so much?
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:17 a.m.
Banned
Zach Macewen gave effort here too. Should've strapped him with the "A" right lol. gtfo. A captain needs to be a leader, but also a top-tier player on your team. Look around at all the top-teams. You don't see 3rd line effort players wearing the "C". This is everything that is wrong with the Flyers.

LMFAO "needs to be a top tier player"

WELP you just proved you don't actually know anything. Have a good one!
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:19 a.m.
...if not for the injury Coots would be a slam dunk! And if my Aunt had nuts, she'd be my Uncle. You do understand that being a Captain is not all about on ice skill right? Laughton could very easily be here is entire career whether it be middle 6 or bottom 6. Why do you hate him so much?

I don't hate Laughton. He is a great bottom six forward. That's where his story ends. He is a nice player that good teams can use to solidify there roster. We are not there.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:21 a.m.

Coots would be another in the long line of quiet leaders. Laughton seems to be someone who would call out his teammates when he would need to and hold them accountable which would be huge. Not saying I wouldn't be shocked if Coots is named captain but with Torts' history the "best player" on the team likely won't be the captain. Also, the comparison to Richie comes from style of play both insanely hard working players, Richards toed the line more than Laughton but this was also a comparison made 10 years ago saying if laughton hit his ceiling he would be a Mike Richards type guy
BroadStreet53 liked this.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:21 a.m.
LMFAO "needs to be a top tier player"

WELP you just proved you don't actually know anything. Have a good one!

LOOK AROUND at the rest of the league and in NHL history. How many successful NHL captains fit Scott Laughton mold??? Dustin Brown may be the closest one and even he was a more productive player. The top teams in history and in the league currently have a top-tier player wearing the "C" not opinion.....FACT
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:22 a.m.
Coots would be another in the long line of quiet leaders. Laughton seems to be someone who would call out his teammates when he would need to and hold them accountable which would be huge. Not saying I wouldn't be shocked if Coots is named captain but with Torts' history the "best player" on the team likely won't be the captain. Also, the comparison to Richie comes from style of play both insanely hard working players, Richards toed the line more than Laughton but this was also a comparison made 10 years ago saying if laughton hit his ceiling he would be a Mike Richards type guy

Fair enough. I am fine with the Flyers holding off on naming a Captain until we actually have one emerge.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:24 a.m.
Banned
LOOK AROUND at the rest of the league and in NHL history. How many successful NHL captains fit Scott Laughton mold??? Dustin Brown may be the closest one and even he was a more productive player. The top teams in history and in the league currently have a top-tier player wearing the "C" not opinion.....FACT

Who is the current Captain of the Sabres? What is Boone Jenner?
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:25 a.m.
Who is the current Captain of the Sabres? What is Boone Jenner?

Both unsuccessful franchises thank you.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:29 a.m.
Fair enough. I am fine with the Flyers holding off on naming a Captain until we actually have one emerge.

I think we have seen one emerge with Laughton. He's done everything he's been asked to over the past few years, when many viewed him as only a bottom of the line up guy, including myself, injuries hit and he was pushed up the line up and produced. It's also not like he's a plug first rounder and clearly has skill if he's on your fourth line that's one hell of a fourth line.
DirtyDangles liked this.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:29 a.m.
Banned
Both unsuccessful franchises thank you.

Successful or not, I am proving that you don't need to be a star to be a captain, which was your initial argument which you then moved the goal posts on.

Imagine thinking you know more about the Flyers room than all the reports that have come out praising Laughton. Woof.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:31 a.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: Ritzy
How has TOR screwed him over? CF has his injury history from the past year or so. Go check it out.

Before that he wasn’t getting consistent minutes and he absolutely deserved them. Sometimes when you dick around with a player that hurts their impact.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:34 a.m.
Successful or not, I am proving that you don't need to be a star to be a captain, which was your initial argument which you then moved the goal posts on.

Imagine thinking you know more about the Flyers room than all the reports that have come out praising Laughton. Woof.

Well I think anyone who can operate a computer knows more than the buffoons we have running that organization most times. I also never said you need to be a star to be a captain. It is what makes the most sense and it is the most successful. The Flyers will probably name Laughton a captain. However, in my heart of hearts I can never see Scott Laughton raising a cup as the captain. So, that begs the question why? What are you doing? I am sick of the being "good" tear this whole organization down to the bone and rebuild it correctly like what should have happened in 2018.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:35 a.m.
pretty poor value for both these guys.

Robertson was a 2nd round pick, is very small offensive player, and was often a healthy scratch in TOR and has not produced on an offensive team when given the chances, add in two serious injuries the last 2 yrs and injuries in juniors and his worth is likely a 3rd rounder right now. Laughton probably gets 2 2nds or a 2nd and 3rd in trade, (maybe not all in 2023 draft), not even close in value.

And I doubt PHI wanders through the season with 14 mil in free cap space, thats just crazy
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:43 a.m.
Quoting: Hammerwise
pretty poor value for both these guys.

Robertson was a 2nd round pick, is very small offensive player, and was often a healthy scratch in TOR and has not produced on an offensive team when given the chances, add in two serious injuries the last 2 yrs and injuries in juniors and his worth is likely a 3rd rounder right now. Laughton probably gets 2 2nds or a 2nd and 3rd in trade, (maybe not all in 2023 draft), not even close in value.

And I doubt PHI wanders through the season with 14 mil in free cap space, thats just crazy

Oh I agree. That is entirely too much cap space, but I want to see them bottom out lol.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:44 a.m.
Well I think anyone who can operate a computer knows more than the buffoons we have running that organization most times. I also never said you need to be a star to be a captain. It is what makes the most sense and it is the most successful. The Flyers will probably name Laughton a captain. However, in my heart of hearts I can never see Scott Laughton raising a cup as the captain. So, that begs the question why? What are you doing? I am sick of the being "good" tear this whole organization down to the bone and rebuild it correctly like what should have happened in 2018.

Fully agree a rebuild is what needs to happen but the real change that needs to be made is getting the senior advisors out. Clarke, Homer, and Barber have had way too much influence in the past few years and continue the thinking of big and hits=good which the org needs to move into the current day where speed and skill is what the game thrives on.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:47 a.m.
Fully agree a rebuild is what needs to happen but the real change that needs to be made is getting the senior advisors out. Clarke, Homer, and Barber have had way too much influence in the past few years and continue the thinking of big and hits=good which the org needs to move into the current day where speed and skill is what the game thrives on.

Agree 100%. I do not know what the answer is right now, but it is not currently on this roster.
Positive news is Owen Tippett looks like a real piece moving forward. Cam York is solid. There are pieces, but a long road is ahead of us. STRAP-IN
flyersarephilly liked this.
Mar. 23, 2023 at 11:52 a.m.
Agree 100%. I do not know what the answer is right now, but it is not currently on this roster.
Positive news is Owen Tippett looks like a real piece moving forward. Cam York is solid. There are pieces, but a long road is ahead of us. STRAP-IN

Seems like Frost and Foerster have some immediate chemistry which is nice. I've been loving what I've seen out of him the past few games we'll see what happens with Cutter as well, I'm hoping he goes back to school for another year no need to rush him into an elc when entering a rebuild would want the elc cap hit when you're ready to compete. Hopefully we end the season in 5th from bottom and either Michkov falls or we win the lottery

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll