SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Other Leagues

C.H.A.

Mar. 26, 2023 at 9:17 a.m.
I made up a fictional league that I call the Canadian Hockey Association (C.H.A.), and its purpose was to be for the backdrop of the premise of a TV show that sees the league expand to another obscure location (I was thinking possibly Ecum Secum for the Ecum Secum Demons) and the show would focus on the GM of that team, going through all the trials and tribulations of an expansion team and ensuing trades, signings, drafts etc. It should be noted that since the premise is very fictional, all practicality and realism surrounding whether the fact any of these places would even get a professional hockey team goes out the window. For the comedy show I would hope it would be, I thought it was only fair for teams to exist in unrealistic places and have names that rhyme (i.e. Lethbridge Fridges), sound dumb (i.e. Halifax Hooligans) or are loose references to things (i.e. Calgary Old Men is a loose reference to the actor Gary Oldman). I'm just an idea guy, so the likelihood of this actually getting life on some network is pretty non-existent, but I just thought I'd share these team names I made for fun.

Western Conference
1. Calgary Old Men
2. Churchill Winston’s
3. Edmonton Angels
4. Flin Flon Flip Flops
5. Fort McMurray Fury
6. Hudson Bay Manta Rays
7. Lethbridge Fridges
8. Nunavut Ice Folk
9. Prince George Gophers
10. Prince Rupert Rabbits
11. Regina Rascals
12. Saskatoon Sasquatches
13. Vancouver Van Covers
14. Whitehorse Stallions
15. Winnipeg Legged Pirates
16. Yellowknife Banana Blades

Eastern Conference
1. Cape Breton Vegetable Crackers
2. Fredericton Freddies
3. Goose Bay Geese
4. Halifax Hooligans
5. Hamilton Federalists
6. Iqaluit Non-Sequiturs
7. Labrador Hounds
8. London Bridges
9. Montreal Malignants
10. Newfoundland Eurekas
11. Ottawa Otters
12. Quebec City Electricity
13. Sherbrooke Riverfolk
14. St. John’s Johnnies
15. Thunder Bay Thunder
16. Toronto Broncos
Rightwing513 and Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 23 at 9:46 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: tmlfan4life
I made up a fictional league that I call the Canadian Hockey Association (C.H.A.), and its purpose was to be for the backdrop of the premise of a TV show that sees the league expand to another obscure location (I was thinking possibly Ecum Secum for the Ecum Secum Demons) and the show would focus on the GM of that team, going through all the trials and tribulations of an expansion team and ensuing trades, signings, drafts etc. It should be noted that since the premise is very fictional, all practicality and realism surrounding whether the fact any of these places would even get a professional hockey team goes out the window. For the comedy show I would hope it would be, I thought it was only fair for teams to exist in unrealistic places and have names that rhyme (i.e. Lethbridge Fridges), sound dumb (i.e. Halifax Hooligans) or are loose references to things (i.e. Calgary Old Men is a loose reference to the actor Gary Oldman). I'm just an idea guy, so the likelihood of this actually getting life on some network is pretty non-existent, but I just thought I'd share these team names I made for fun.

Western Conference
1. Calgary Old Men
2. Churchill Winston’s
3. Edmonton Angels
4. Flin Flon Flip Flops
5. Fort McMurray Fury
6. Hudson Bay Manta Rays
7. Lethbridge Fridges
8. Nunavut Ice Folk
9. Prince George Gophers
10. Prince Rupert Rabbits
11. Regina Rascals
12. Saskatoon Sasquatches
13. Vancouver Van Covers
14. Whitehorse Stallions
15. Winnipeg Legged Pirates
16. Yellowknife Banana Blades

Eastern Conference
1. Cape Breton Vegetable Crackers
2. Fredericton Freddies
3. Goose Bay Geese
4. Halifax Hooligans
5. Hamilton Federalists
6. Iqaluit Non-Sequiturs
7. Labrador Hounds
8. London Bridges
9. Montreal Malignants
10. Newfoundland Eurekas
11. Ottawa Otters
12. Quebec City Electricity
13. Sherbrooke Riverfolk
14. St. John’s Johnnies
15. Thunder Bay Thunder
16. Toronto Broncos

Sorry I know this is an old post but I’m curious, is the Hudson Bay team Hudson Bay Saskatchewan or somewhere close to the actual Bay (like Churchill)? Also what is the “Nunavut” team if there’s a team in Iqaluit lol?
tmlfan4life liked this.
Mar. 1 at 2:48 p.m.
Quoting: Saskleaf
Sorry I know this is an old post but I’m curious, is the Hudson Bay team Hudson Bay Saskatchewan or somewhere close to the actual Bay (like Churchill)? Also what is the “Nunavut” team if there’s a team in Iqaluit lol?

I believe when I was drumming this up, I was looking at Hudson Bay in Saskatchewan, and I'm not quite sure what you're asking in regard to Nunavut.
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 1 at 3:35 p.m.
Go leafs go
I believe when I was drumming this up, I was looking at Hudson Bay in Saskatchewan, and I'm not quite sure what you're asking in regard to Nunavut.

Oh nice (I live close to Hudson Bay lol)

What I’m asking for the Nunavut one is, you have a team in Iqualuit in this hypothetical league, so where does the Nunavut team play? Are there 2 Iqualuit teams or one in another Nunavut town?
tmlfan4life liked this.
Mar. 1 at 3:41 p.m.
Oh nice (I live close to Hudson Bay lol)

What I’m asking for the Nunavut one is, you have a team in Iqualuit in this hypothetical league, so where does the Nunavut team play? Are there 2 Iqualuit teams or one in another Nunavut town?

Oh damn! As a nearby resident, do you approve of that team name?

You'll notice that the Nunavut team is in the Western Conference while Iqaluit is in the Eastern Conference. The territory of Nunavut is actually pretty large, so with that in mind, I thought it would make sense for Nunavut to have their own rink on the western side of the territory while Iqaluit would have theirs in their specific region.
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 1 at 4:00 p.m.
Go leafs go
Oh damn! As a nearby resident, do you approve of that team name?

You'll notice that the Nunavut team is in the Western Conference while Iqaluit is in the Eastern Conference. The territory of Nunavut is actually pretty large, so with that in mind, I thought it would make sense for Nunavut to have their own rink on the western side of the territory while Iqaluit would have theirs in their specific region.

Yah sure lol, why not, it fits with the kind of theme of having silly names

Yah that kind of makes sense but like, you realize Western Nunavut has like 5 people lol
tmlfan4life liked this.
Mar. 1 at 4:06 p.m.
Yah sure lol, why not, it fits with the kind of theme of having silly names

Yah that kind of makes sense but like, you realize Western Nunavut has like 5 people lol

Yeah, that's where more of the silly/goofy side of things would be, because obviously some of these locations like Nunavut are nearly uninhabited, so if you could imagine a Nunavut team, almost none of the players, much less any of the staff would even be from there, as if they've been relegated to that team. It would be perfectly ironic if they were a surprisingly good team too.
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 1 at 4:17 p.m.
Go leafs go
Yeah, that's where more of the silly/goofy side of things would be, because obviously some of these locations like Nunavut are nearly uninhabited, so if you could imagine a Nunavut team, almost none of the players, much less any of the staff would even be from there, as if they've been relegated to that team. It would be perfectly ironic if they were a surprisingly good team too.

Yah, that makes sense. And honestly there’s probably towns bigger than Hudson Bay there anyways lol
tmlfan4life liked this.
Mar. 1 at 4:29 p.m.
Yah, that makes sense. And honestly there’s probably towns bigger than Hudson Bay there anyways lol

Exactly, yeah! And this little experiment of mine is only one of the instances where I have blended hockey with the obscure. As a fan of music in general (and Lin-Manuel Miranda's Hamilton especially), I've thought that it would be fun to write a musical called Matthews: An American-Canadian Musical. I also wrote this nonsense along with this other nonsense that required much less writing.
Saskleaf liked this.
Mar. 1 at 4:34 p.m.
Go leafs go
Exactly, yeah! And this little experiment of mine is only one of the instances where I have blended hockey with the obscure. As a fan of music in general (and Lin-Manuel Miranda's Hamilton especially), I've thought that it would be fun to write a musical called Matthews: An American-Canadian Musical. I also wrote this nonsense along with this other nonsense that required much less writing.

Cool, I think it’s a great idea
tmlfan4life liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll