SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

SHARKIE'S EARLY APRIL 2023 DRAFT RANKINGS WITH TEAM EXPLANATIONS

SHARKIE'S EARLY APRIL 2023 DRAFT RANKINGS WITH TEAM EXPLANATIONS

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: Sharkie69
Published: Mar. 30, 2023 at 2:08 p.m.
Description
I take pride in the length of my titles.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the St. Louis BluesSt. Louis Blues (10→1)
  2. Logo of the San Jose SharksSan Jose Sharks (3→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the St. Louis Blues-And it looks like the Sharks and the Blues win the lottery, the same as last time. The difference this time is that the Blues now have the first pick. Good job, Mokumboi!
2Logo of the San Jose Sharks-I would love for the Sharks to get Fantilli if they can't get Bedard.
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-I won't have to explain this to you again.
4Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-I just don't see Chicago taking Michkov. They already have Lukas Reichel as an amazing winger prospect.
5Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-I do, however, see the Ducks taking Michkov. Imagine having a line of Michkov-Zegras-Terry in 2026. That would be electric.
6Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-No, I will never have Montreal take anyone else with their first pick.
7Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Benson + Geekie = electric. It would be great to see them play together in the NHL.
8Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Flyers take Sale over the steal of the draft because they can't seem to do anything right.
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Now, Yzerman seems like the GM to take a chance on the steal of the draft. Another fleece to make people forget about his recent failures.
10Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-It's pretty much inevitable for the Canucks to take Reinbacher at this spot. They would be stupid not to.
11Logo of the Washington Capitals-The Capitals have their tendency to take taller players, so I think they pass up the obviously better Perreault for Barlow.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsI think Arizona is the kind of team to take Gulayev. With Benson and Geekie, they can form a great team in Houston (don't blame me if I get that wrong).
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-The same thing I said about the Canucks and Reinbacher goes to the Sabres and ASP.
14Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersNow, Montreal seems like the kind of team to take Perreault. I think he's undeniably a top ten talent. I'm not sure how much recognition he gets, but he absolutely does not fall past here.
15Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
16Logo of the Nashville Predators-
17Logo of the Calgary Flames-
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
19Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York Islanders
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Another defensive defenseman to strengthen Seattle's growing defensive core.
21Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningI know this is way too late for Danielson, but that's just how good this draft is. I think he could be top 15 caliber in any other draft, but this draft pushes him just outside the top 20.
22Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-BPA
23Logo of the New York RangersLogo of the Dallas StarsBPA
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersBPA
25Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles KingsBPA
26Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Could really use a center.
27Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the New York RangersBPA
28Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-BPA
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsBlues fans, would you rather take him or Price?
30Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsBPA
31Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-BPA
32Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsBPA
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-BPA
34Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-BPA
35Logo of the San Jose Sharks-I just really like his name, so...
36Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-BPA
37Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Good goalie pick for Montreal
38Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-BPA
39Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Philadelphia FlyersBuffalo could use a goalie.
40Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Good
41Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Vancouver Canuckspicks from
42Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the St. Louis BluesStevie Y.
43Logo of the Washington Capitals-BPA
44Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsBPA
45Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-BPA
46Logo of the Florida Panthers-BPA
47Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsBPA
48Logo of the Nashville Predators-BPA
49Logo of the Calgary Flames-BPA
50Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Winnipeg JetsBPA
51Logo of the New York Islanders-
52Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
53Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
54Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
55Logo of the Dallas Stars-
56Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
57Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
58Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
59Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the New York Rangers
60Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
61Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
62Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
63Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
64Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
Mar. 30, 2023 at 3:07 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
I would freakin love it IF Dmitri Simashev is there for TOR
Sharkie69 liked this.
Mar. 30, 2023 at 3:36 p.m.
stop daddy it hurts
I forgot the explanations for Yager, Leonard, Wood, Heidt, and Moore. Here they are:

Yager: By taking Yager, Pittsburgh could somewhat fix their forward core once Crosby and Malkin retire.

Leonard: I think out of the best power forward wingers available for Nashville to take, Leonard is the best

Wood: I just don't see anyone but Calgary taking Wood.

Heidt: BPA

Moore: Pretty much the same as Danielson's explanation.
Mar. 30, 2023 at 3:37 p.m.
stop daddy it hurts
also thanks to @Z0ra for give me better explanations on players.
Z0ra liked this.
Mar. 30, 2023 at 3:53 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: Sharkie69
also thanks to Z0ra for give me better explanations on players.

no problem man
Sharkie69 liked this.
Mar. 30, 2023 at 4:02 p.m.
Sam Honzek???
Mar. 30, 2023 at 4:07 p.m.
stop daddy it hurts
Quoting: Marchy6363
Sam Honzek???

What about Sam Honzek?
Mar. 30, 2023 at 4:26 p.m.
What about Sam Honzek?

Nothing… On my first look I tought you omitted him. Turns out I’m just flat out blind.
Sharkie69 liked this.
Mar. 30, 2023 at 4:33 p.m.
Hughes said he wants to add size at the draft, the only reason MTL draft Perreault is if they also drafted Smith earlier. I think they would pick one of Wood, Leonard or Yager instead.
Sharkie69 liked this.
Mar. 30, 2023 at 7:38 p.m.
mokumboi
Pretty sure the Blues would rather have Price or Simashev or Lindstein or maybe even Molendyk than Brzuestewicz (I probably mangled this spelling).
Sharkie69 liked this.
Mar. 30, 2023 at 8:00 p.m.
stop daddy it hurts
Quoting: mokumboi
Pretty sure the Blues would rather have Price or Simashev or Lindstein or maybe even Molendyk than Brzuestewicz (I probably mangled this spelling).

Makes sense. Also, don't worry. You didn't butcher the spelling that bad. There just is no e after the u.
mokumboi liked this.
Mar. 30, 2023 at 8:43 p.m.
mokumboi
Makes sense. Also, don't worry. You didn't butcher the spelling that bad. There just is no e after the u.

Yeah, they want LDs more than anything. Let's hope they don't screw the pooch after developing them like they did with Dunn and Walman.
Sharkie69 liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 1:42 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
I don't see why so many people are passing over Lenni Hameenaho. His DY #'s are nearly identical to Kotkaniemis...
Mar. 31, 2023 at 2:06 a.m.
Quoting: BigBadBurke
I don't see why so many people are passing over Lenni Hameenaho. His DY #'s are nearly identical to Kotkaniemis...

Still can't believe they picked him over Quinn Hughes.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 10:24 a.m.
Sabres fan
It’s very unlikely Buffalo picks another goaltender that high. They drafted Topias Lionen last year in the second round, and they already have several young goaltenders in the organization. If they took a flyer on a goaltender in the later rounds to replace Erik Portillo, who did not sign (so they traded him) that would make more sense. Also, they may not want to pass on the opportunity to have another Perreault in the organization.
Sharkie69 liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 3:53 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: LIRIK
Still can't believe they picked him over Quinn Hughes.

at the time they had Victor Mete on the team, playing top pairing minutes with Shea. So id figure they prob thought they client manage to have two 5'10 men on their pro roster. How/why they didn't select Brady is another question... especially since he was listed and playing C/LW for the USDP
Mar. 31, 2023 at 9:57 p.m.
Quoting: BigBadBurke
at the time they had Victor Mete on the team, playing top pairing minutes with Shea. So id figure they prob thought they client manage to have two 5'10 men on their pro roster. How/why they didn't select Brady is another question... especially since he was listed and playing C/LW for the USDP

Most Habs fans wanted Brady, but goal scoring was an issue, he scored 0 goal in the first half of his pre-draft season.

Mete couldn't score a goal even if his life was on the line, and is now an AHLer. I never was hyped about him. Weak D with a weak shot.

Hughes was my choice back then. He wasn't BPA, but i thought he would be the perfect linemate for Weber. He's now a PPG top pair LD.
Apr. 2, 2023 at 1:39 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: LIRIK
Most Habs fans wanted Brady, but goal scoring was an issue, he scored 0 goal in the first half of his pre-draft season.

Mete couldn't score a goal even if his life was on the line, and is now an AHLer. I never was hyped about him. Weak D with a weak shot.

Hughes was my choice back then. He wasn't BPA, but i thought he would be the perfect linemate for Weber. He's now a PPG top pair LD.

heck even barrett hayton woulda been better selection at this point it wld seem

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll