SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2022 2023 Season Discussion Thread (Part 6: Quest for the Cup)

May 10, 2023 at 12:07 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
FvxeRZzWwAM99U_?format=jpg&name=medium

potvin_leafs_match_3.jpg
NorthernLeafsFan05, RipNasty, BigDaddyOvech and 2 others liked this.
May 10, 2023 at 12:14 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
"The explosion of love and hate tonight could power the earth for next 3000 years"
RipNasty, NorthernLeafsFan05, BigDaddyOvech and 3 others liked this.
May 10, 2023 at 12:15 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: Nathaniel

It's actually just insulting at this point

Hopefully the team just takes over and tunes him out.
May 10, 2023 at 12:15 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: Trickster
"The explosion of love and hate tonight could power the earth for next 3000 years"

Right?
capsfan2121 and Saskleaf liked this.
May 10, 2023 at 1:03 p.m.
Save Ukrane, end war
Quoting: Trickster

Let's go boys! Time to leave everything you got left on the ice tonight!!
MatthewsFan, RipNasty and oneX liked this.
May 10, 2023 at 1:08 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Excellent post
May 10, 2023 at 1:30 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Excellent post

Like I have been saying, transition offence is almost all Florida has going for them. That's how they beat Boston and are beating us and Keefe has done nothing to address it.
May 10, 2023 at 3:13 p.m.
Amirov Forever
So, are we getting swept tonight or what?
Saskleaf liked this.
May 10, 2023 at 3:20 p.m.
Rip

Nope! Huge come back on its way. Win tonight in a tight one 2-0, win game 5 3-1 with an empty netter and then blow em out in game 6 and 7
May 10, 2023 at 3:22 p.m.
Save Ukrane, end war
Quoting: RipNasty
Nope! Huge come back on its way. Win tonight in a tight one 2-0, win game 5 3-1 with an empty netter and then blow em out in game 6 and 7

I like this energy!
RipNasty and Saskleaf liked this.
May 10, 2023 at 3:32 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

It is do or die the rest of the way, it will suck ass but I can live with if TOR gets goalied just be the better team which IMO they are. And for gods sake don't leave Woll out to dry, dude has enough pressure on him already, make life as easy as you can. Keep chances to the outside and no careless turnovers. I actually have a lot of faith in him to steal a game.

Go Leafs Go
May 10, 2023 at 4:41 p.m.
Rip
It is do or die the rest of the way, it will suck ass but I can live with if TOR gets goalied just be the better team which IMO they are. And for gods sake don't leave Woll out to dry, dude has enough pressure on him already, make life as easy as you can. Keep chances to the outside and no careless turnovers. I actually have a lot of faith in him to steal a game.

Go Leafs Go

I do really hope they just decide "Let's go and try to win the next 4, 1-0. Give them absolutely nothing and wait for a chance. I bet it would completely stifle Florida.
BigDaddyOvech liked this.
May 10, 2023 at 5:25 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

NorthernLeafsFan05 liked this.
May 10, 2023 at 5:25 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

May 10, 2023 at 5:37 p.m.
Future Ducks legend

How do you beat a goalie?

"Don't let him be prepared for the shot". Great advice, maybe my beer league team will start listening to that when I tell them that's how to beat the other team's goalie.

On the topic of goalies, which one of the Leafs fans on here was swearing up an down the last couple of weeks that Matt Murray was a positive asset and would get a pick this offseason? Must be why Woll is starting tonight despite the fact that Murray is healthy.
May 10, 2023 at 5:49 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: GiggywithGibby

"Don't let him be prepared for the shot". Great advice, maybe my beer league team will start listening to that when I tell them that's how to beat the other team's goalie.

On the topic of goalies, which one of the Leafs fans on here was swearing up an down the last couple of weeks that Matt Murray was a positive asset and would get a pick this offseason? Must be why Woll is starting tonight despite the fact that Murray is healthy.

Just jumping in here to troll are we? What a stupid hobby
BigDaddyOvech liked this.
May 10, 2023 at 5:52 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: RipNasty
Just jumping in here to troll are we? What a stupid hobby

Figured I would would walk a mile in your shoes.
May 10, 2023 at 6:01 p.m.
Amirov Forever

I don't think it was anyone here given the fact that most of the more irrational Leafs fans don't know about the forums, but since you brought it up, I'll give my 2 cents on the whole Murray situation.

I do honestly think Murray has positive value, he was actually pretty good for us this year. I'm a very big fan of his and was happy with how he performed. That being said, the Leafs need to move Murray, and it's that desperation that is going to cause him to have negative value. At this point Samsonov has really made himself our goalie for the foreseeable future (although if Woll is that guy, a Murray / Woll tandem wouldn't surprise me). If we have any hopes of resigning him, Murray has to go. Teams are obviously well aware of this and they are going to squeeze the Leafs in any trade situation. It's not going to cost something ridiculous like a 1st + Murray for a 7th, but it isn't going to be nothing. I think another Mrazek deal could be in the cards, or the Leafs just decide to sell high on Samsonov and bet on Woll. Either way, given the Leafs situation, we aren't getting positive value for Murray. His M-NTC also makes things more complicated. It is definitely going to cost something to move the guy if that's the route we decide to explore.
May 10, 2023 at 6:05 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
I don't think it was anyone here given the fact that most of the more irrational Leafs fans don't know about the forums, but since you brought it up, I'll give my 2 cents on the whole Murray situation.

I do honestly think Murray has positive value, he was actually pretty good for us this year. I'm a very big fan of his and was happy with how he performed. That being said, the Leafs need to move Murray, and it's that desperation that is going to cause him to have negative value. At this point Samsonov has really made himself our goalie for the foreseeable future (although if Woll is that guy, a Murray / Woll tandem wouldn't surprise me). If we have any hopes of resigning him, Murray has to go. Teams are obviously well aware of this and they are going to squeeze the Leafs in any trade situation. It's not going to cost something ridiculous like a 1st + Murray for a 7th, but it isn't going to be nothing. I think another Mrazek deal could be in the cards, or the Leafs just decide to sell high on Samsonov and bet on Woll. Either way, given the Leafs situation, we aren't getting positive value for Murray. His M-NTC also makes things more complicated. It is definitely going to cost something to move the guy if that's the route we decide to explore.

Appreciate your input on the situation, but was more genuinely curious why Murray isn't starting tonight if he is healthy over Woll. I can't imagine starting tonight's game (his first playoff start?) Under the axe of elimination is good for his development. This seems like exactly what Murray was brought in to do.
May 10, 2023 at 6:07 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Appreciate your input on the situation, but was more genuinely curious why Murray isn't starting tonight if he is healthy over Woll.

My guess would be the fact that Murray hasn't played in a while and Woll has. He just dealt with another concussion and hasn't gotten any reps in for these playoffs. He's going to be very cold and the Leafs are in an elimination game. Woll looked good in relief of Samsonov in Game 3, so it makes sense to roll with him for now
May 10, 2023 at 6:23 p.m.
Havent been reading above so apologies if already mentioned

But anyone else absolutely hate how the Leafs, for the most part, have handled the media questions down 3-0? Seems borderline insulting
Saskleaf, Random2152, oneX and 1 other person liked this.
May 10, 2023 at 6:31 p.m.
Rip
Figured I would would walk a mile in your shoes.

That's par for the course for this site. Guy goes out of this way to chirp leaf fans, leaf fans calls him out and somehow I am the troll. Troll logic for sure.
Random2152 and BigDaddyOvech liked this.
May 10, 2023 at 6:33 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: leafs101

But anyone else absolutely hate how the Leafs, for the most part, have handled the media questions down 3-0? Seems borderline insulting

No way, I love it. The media sucks in TO. They blow everything so far out of proportion it's ridiculous. I wouldn't even want to ever deal with them, or I would just have fun with it and make it all ridiculous. Like if the stars light it up tonight, the media is going to have headlines of, "is a come back possible". Blah blah blah.

It's all just silly
May 10, 2023 at 6:36 p.m.
Rip
My guess would be the fact that Murray hasn't played in a while and Woll has. He just dealt with another concussion and hasn't gotten any reps in for these playoffs. He's going to be very cold and the Leafs are in an elimination game. Woll looked good in relief of Samsonov in Game 3, so it makes sense to roll with him for now

If Woll doesn't let in any bad goals, then I would want him over Samsonov. Yes Samsonov had his moments in round 1 but he was also terrible in game 1 and let in a terrible goal in game 5 vs Tampa and again in game 2 vs Florida. If he wants 5 million on his next deal, maybe sign him and trade him. Woll and Murray are fine for a tandem next year depending on what Samsonov wants.
May 10, 2023 at 6:37 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: leafs101

They need to stop letting Mitch talk to the media

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll