SHARKIE'S TOP 64 2023 MOCK DRAFT - May Edition

SHARKIE'S TOP 64 2023 MOCK DRAFT - May Edition

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: Sharkie69
Published: May 7, 2023 at 2:28 p.m.
Description
I'm back!
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Anaheim DucksAnaheim Ducks (1→1)
  2. Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes (12→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-no surprises
2Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsBPA
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-BPA
4Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-I don't think Chicago will take Michkov, so I think they go for a safer pick with Smith.
5Logo of the San Jose Sharks-San Jose also pass on Michkov. I don't think they'll take him.
6Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-If you've seen my previous mock drafts, you'll know why this exists.
7Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Since this would be Arizona's second pick, I see them taking Michkov.
8Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-BPA
9Logo of the Washington Capitals-Washington takes Perreault to add to their right wing depth. They would've easily taken Leonard if he was availible.
10Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Reinbacher is a better player in my opinion, but Detroit loves their Swedish defensemen, so...
11Logo of the St. Louis Blues-I think St. Louis takes Moore over Reinbacher.
12Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Reinbacher doesn't fall past here.
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Upset that they couldn't get any of the 2 top RHD in the draft, they settle for a very safe pick in Barlow.
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Someone will need to fill in for Crosby and Malkin once they're gone.
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nashville takes a massive steal at 15.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-BPA
17Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Florida PanthersGulyayev is a great pick for a team with 2 firsts.
18Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersBPA
19Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-BPA
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningBPA
21Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Seattle takes Simashev to solidify their D-core, and there is not much risk in taking him, since if they miss with this pick, they still have 3 picks in the second round.
22Logo of the Minnesota Wild-I was thinking between Brindley and Stenberg for this pick, but I ended up going with Stenberg.
23Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles KingsBPA
24Logo of the New York Rangers-BPA
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas StarsSolid defenseman pick.
26Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-BPA
27Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersBPA
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsToronto drafts a LHD.
29Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-BPA
30Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsGood centre pickup for St. Louis.
31Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsBPA
32Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-BPA
May 7, 2023 at 2:28 p.m.
stop daddy it hurts
Did I miss anyone?
May 7, 2023 at 10:05 p.m.
If OTT wins the lottery, they keep the pick because it's top 5 protected.

I wouldn't mind Dvorsky at 6, but i could see MTL draft Michkov if Bobrov is 100% sure he's coming to the NHL in the next 3 years.

I agree STL would pick Moore over Reinbacher, but DET would probably pick Moore over ASP, even though my guess is they go for a sniper like Barlow or Sale.

MTL isn't drafting 17 anymore. They'll probably just pick Hrabal or Augustine with the late 1st.

Just because of size, i can't see But, Halttunen or Ritchie of 1st round. For the same reason, Brindley and Perron are probably falling even if they're more skilled.

Can't wait for the lottery tomorrow. It could change everything.
Sharkie69 liked this.
May 8, 2023 at 10:06 a.m.
I would be quite shocked if Chicago passes on Michkov at 4. They aren't anywhere remotely close to finishing their rebuild so might as well take the player with way higher upside that also doesn't prevent you from tanking in the following 3 years
May 8, 2023 at 10:46 a.m.
mokumboi
The Blues would never pass on Ritchie to take Heidt. They do not generally like small centers, and Ritchie is just better anyway.
May 8, 2023 at 12:55 p.m.
stop daddy it hurts
Quoting: mokumboi
The Blues would never pass on Ritchie to take Heidt. They do not generally like small centers, and Ritchie is just better anyway.

They didn’t take Heidt. The Jets did. Are you talking about Sawchyn?
May 8, 2023 at 1:47 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: Sharkie69
They didn’t take Heidt. The Jets did. Are you talking about Sawchyn?

Yes, sorry. Sawchyn.
May 8, 2023 at 5:53 p.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
I would be quite shocked if Chicago passes on Michkov at 4. They aren't anywhere remotely close to finishing their rebuild so might as well take the player with way higher upside that also doesn't prevent you from tanking in the following 3 years

I personally would rather take the centre early because we’re frankly spoiled for choice at the wings

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll