Team: 2023-24 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: May 10, 2023
Published: May 10, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
The Lindros Trade:

To The Flyers : Lindros

To The Nordiques:
Peter Forsberg (A 19 year old Top Prospect, former 6th overall Pick)
Ron Hextall (A Starting Goalie in his prime who won the Vezina 5 years earlier)
Steve Duchesne ( A 26 year old 60-70 point D)
Mike Ricci (A 19 year old former 4th overall pick C who put up 56 points in his second year)
1993 First (7th Overall)
1994 First

To try to pick a team that's comparable ... I'll use the team that has the 7th overall pick which is hilariously, the Philadelphia Flyers
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Dvorsky, Dalibor
3$925,000
Trades
CHI
  1. Farabee, Joel
  2. Gauthier, Cutter [Reserve List]
  3. Hart, Carter
  4. Provorov, Ivan
  5. 2023 1st round pick (PHI)
  6. 2024 1st round pick (PHI)
Additional Details:
Hart - Comparable to Hextall

Gauthier - Comparable to Forsberg ( I know I know ... but both are 19 year old former top 6 picks)

Provorov - Comparable to Duchesne

Farabee - Comparable(ish) to Ricci?

With 2023 7th Overall, Hawks Select Dvorsky
PHI
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Recapture Fees
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$83,500,000$59,052,456$0$1,505,000$24,447,544
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000
LW, C
RFA - 3
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
Dvorsky, Dalibor
$925,000$925,000
$800,000$800,000
RW, C
RFA - 1
$758,333$758,333
LW
RFA - 1
$2,650,000$2,650,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$758,333$758,333
RW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$505,000$505K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
C
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,725,000$4,725,000
LD
UFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
$3,979,000$3,979,000
G
RFA - 1
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
LD
RFA - 3
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,800,000$3,800,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 10, 2023 at 9:30 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Like the creativity, rangers offer was wild also on that lindros trade way back when
May 10, 2023 at 9:31 a.m.
Seiders on the Storm
Does this mean Cutter Gauthier is Peter Forsberg? Oh wait you said it already. Man I sure hated that SOB during the Red Wings/Avs bloodbath rivalry. But what a great player he was.
May 10, 2023 at 9:40 a.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
I mean I think this is fair, but Bedard will go to Chicago. Too big of a market to give up, and they wouldnt do this. The value is very good and if i were Chicago's GM, id probably do it. But it seems impossible
May 10, 2023 at 10:24 a.m.
GO KNIGHTS GO
Quoting: Kyle_Okposo_Lover
I mean I think this is fair, but Bedard will go to Chicago. Too big of a market to give up, and they wouldnt do this. The value is very good and if i were Chicago's GM, id probably do it. But it seems impossible

Yeah, this only happens if Bedard refuses to sign — a non-zero possibility, to be sure, but definitely unlikely.
Kyle_Okposo_Lover liked this.
May 10, 2023 at 10:49 a.m.
First, Chicago never should have had there first round pick. They have already made back the 2 million paid for Kyle Beach sexual assault, and have no reported defined plans of how to change their culture, no transparency. How is this okay? What does this show? Sexual assault is okay?

This is like your kid killing the neighbours family pet, getting told "your bad" and then receiving ice cream sand a day at Disneyland.

Second, because this has happened and Bedard goes to Chicago, if he pulls a Lindros he is going to Vancouver. But let's be clear, that Lindros trade is out of control. McDavid is maybe worth that, but he has proven himself at the nhl level, Bedard hasn't. Vancouver won't pay that...not moving Demko or Hughes or Petterson or Kuzmenko.

If I'm Bedard i wouldn't want to be in Chicago. The situation is not good with organization, the status of the team/players, the prospect cupboard and the rivalry history. He is a hardcore Canucks fan and remembers the Canucks vs Chicago rivalry.
May 10, 2023 at 11:31 a.m.
Quoting: BruceBanner
First, Chicago never should have had there first round pick. They have already made back the 2 million paid for Kyle Beach sexual assault, and have no reported defined plans of how to change their culture, no transparency. How is this okay? What does this show? Sexual assault is okay?

This is like your kid killing the neighbours family pet, getting told "your bad" and then receiving ice cream sand a day at Disneyland.

Second, because this has happened and Bedard goes to Chicago, if he pulls a Lindros he is going to Vancouver. But let's be clear, that Lindros trade is out of control. McDavid is maybe worth that, but he has proven himself at the nhl level, Bedard hasn't. Vancouver won't pay that...not moving Demko or Hughes or Petterson or Kuzmenko.

If I'm Bedard i wouldn't want to be in Chicago. The situation is not good with organization, the status of the team/players, the prospect cupboard and the rivalry history. He is a hardcore Canucks fan and remembers the Canucks vs Chicago rivalry.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. They have already canned everyone involved and spoken openly about it a few times, tore the team down to the studs, embarked on several community based initiatives to help people effected by these sorts of things, constantly preach culture change, and have been open and transparent about EVERYTHING almost every step of the way since Faulkner and Davidson took over. The only real blip was when Danny Wirtz was about to speak openly and directly about what happened and Rocky Wirtz cut him off and went on a tirade about not talking about it anymore. Regardless, actions speak louder than words and they have taken and continue to take action.

I'm sure some day when Rocky is a lot less in the picture there will be a more public discourse about what happened, because everyone aside from him seems open to talking about it. He is just an old man that is embarrassed that something like that happened under his watch and he never even knew about it until the news broke, because John Mcdonough swept it all under the rug and didn't take the right steps to remedy the situation, embarrassing the entire organization.

But even Kyle Beach himself has made statements on record that his intention was not to say anything bad about CHI or his time there and that he was treated very well by the organization, etc. His intention was to hold them accountable for not taking the right steps and making sure that Brad Aldrich couldn't go on to do it again, which he did end up doing at a college and a high school.
May 10, 2023 at 1:01 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Edited May 10, 2023 at 1:43 p.m.
I think this ACGM is forgetting one important detail, and that's Lindeoss holding out for a year. If Chicago finds out during the draft interviews that he won't sign there, Anaheim is going to get the call about trading picks so Chicago gets Fantilli plus something. If Anaheim doesn't bite, Columbus, San Jose, and Montreal are getting the next calls. Chicago will not be leaving the 2023 draft without an elite prospect.

Lindross said "Anyone but the Nordiques", so Canucks fans thinking that IF Bedard Lindrosses himself that he will end up in Vancouver is pure fantasy land. Maybe he PLDs himself and you'll get him in 9 years.

if he pulls a Lindros he is going to Vancouver.
May 10, 2023 at 1:42 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Edited May 10, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
Quoting: Garak
But even Kyle Beach himself has made statements on record that his intention was not to say anything bad about CHI or his time there and that he was treated very well by the organization, etc. His intention was to hold them accountable for not taking the right steps and making sure that Brad Aldrich couldn't go on to do it again, which he did end up doing at a college and a high school.

As I recall, Aldrich got the highschool/college gigs with a letter of recommendation from the Hawks organization.

The issue the fans from the rest of the league are having is that we feel the Blackhawks as an organization were never punished for permitting, enabling, and covering up the entire scandal. The Coyotes lost a 2nd and a 1st for putting kids not invited to the combine through the combine workout. The Devils had the 1st dropped to the end of the round over the Kovalchuk contract debacle. The Blackhawks got fined $2 million and had to fire a few people. The Blackhawks have also sold $5+ million in season tickets since the draft lottery results were announced, effectively erasing any punishment they were given.

The Ducks have never won a draft lottery since it was introduced in 1995. Most of the time we have had a top 10 pick, we have fallen because whoever won the lottery jumped us, including in 4 of the last 5 drafts. On the other hand, the Hawks have jumped twice in the last five years, from 12 to 3 to select Dach, and now from 3 to 1 to get the next Crosby. Since 2005, the Hawks have jumped forward in the draft lottery more times than they have lost a spot due to someone else winning the lottery.

So for fans of the Ducks and the Jackets, whom have never seen a 1OA selection in franchise history, and never won a draft lottery, we are looking at Chicago as asking "What the actual f*ck?" how has an organization who enabled and covered up the evil deeds of one of their own have such good luck. When are we going to have sacrificed enough that we get a 1OA pick, let alone a generational talent?
May 10, 2023 at 5:12 p.m.
GO KNIGHTS GO
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
As I recall, Aldrich got the highschool/college gigs with a letter of recommendation from the Hawks organization.

The issue the fans from the rest of the league are having is that we feel the Blackhawks as an organization were never punished for permitting, enabling, and covering up the entire scandal. The Coyotes lost a 2nd and a 1st for putting kids not invited to the combine through the combine workout. The Devils had the 1st dropped to the end of the round over the Kovalchuk contract debacle. The Blackhawks got fined $2 million and had to fire a few people. The Blackhawks have also sold $5+ million in season tickets since the draft lottery results were announced, effectively erasing any punishment they were given.

The Ducks have never won a draft lottery since it was introduced in 1995. Most of the time we have had a top 10 pick, we have fallen because whoever won the lottery jumped us, including in 4 of the last 5 drafts. On the other hand, the Hawks have jumped twice in the last five years, from 12 to 3 to select Dach, and now from 3 to 1 to get the next Crosby. Since 2005, the Hawks have jumped forward in the draft lottery more times than they have lost a spot due to someone else winning the lottery.

So for fans of the Ducks and the Jackets, whom have never seen a 1OA selection in franchise history, and never won a draft lottery, we are looking at Chicago as asking "What the actual f*ck?" how has an organization who enabled and covered up the evil deeds of one of their own have such good luck. When are we going to have sacrificed enough that we get a 1OA pick, let alone a generational talent?

This hits the nail on the head. I’m angry with the punishment given to Chicago because not only is it less than what Arizona and New Jersey got for a greater offense, it’s been eliminated in no time at all by the season ticket sales.

I’m not angry that they got Bedard, I’m angry that they got the opportunity to pick at all.
GiggywithGibby and BruceBanner liked this.
May 10, 2023 at 8:49 p.m.
This is an interesting exercise -- I get the sense the OP was not suggesting this was a possibility, just trying to see what a comparison might look like.

The thing is: I don't think Philadelphia has what it takes to make the comparison works. These comps just don't stack up: e.g., Scott Wheeler's under-23 prospect ranking last Summer had Cutter Gauthier at #35, well behind Blackhawks prospect Frank Nazar. Forsberg was a much higher rated prospect. Gauthier does not move the needle. Hextall had won a Vezina and made 3 all-star appearances. Provorov can't hold a candle to Duchesne. I don't think it quite stacks up.
May 11, 2023 at 5:55 p.m.

Show me where you said this before the lottery and ill take you seriously. Until then wash the sand out, dry your eyes, and grow up. Weaponizing someone else's SA because you didn't like the results of a drawing is trash behavior. Be better.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll