3$975,000
31st Overall, Quentin Musty
3$975,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Goodrow, Barclay
  2. 2023 1st round pick (NYR)
Additional Details:
Rangers Fans would you do this if it meant creating cap for Kane?
NYR
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (MTL)
  2. 2023 4th round pick (MTL)
Additional Details:
23rd Overall for 37th and 101st Overall
MTL
  1. Dubois, Pierre-Luc [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
Very similar return as Horvat. Threw in the extra conditional 2024 pick since it’s pretty much guaranteed Dubois will resign long term.
WPG
  1. Dvorak, Christian
  2. Kidney, Riley
  3. 2023 1st round pick (NYR)
  4. 2024 3rd round pick (MTL)
Additional Details:
23rd overall in 2023, 2024 3rd can upgrade to 2024 2nd conditional on Dubois’s performance next year.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$84,000,000$73,415,833$1,170,000$4,195,000$10,584,167
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$7,750,000$7,750,000
C
UFA - 8
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 7
$7,250,000$7,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Rangers
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$1,925,000$1,925,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$275,000$275K)
RD
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 21, 2023 at 12:56 p.m.
If it's just Colorado's 2024 2nd it's probably good instead of the 3rd with condition
Brady135 liked this.
May 21, 2023 at 1:08 p.m.
The habs arent taking on that long term anchor to move up a dozen spots+ addong a pick

You would have to remove the 2nd to even begon that conversation
May 21, 2023 at 1:09 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
It'll be soooo phuckin funny if Dubois gets traded for this type of return.
May 21, 2023 at 1:14 p.m.
That offer won't be competitive with the other offers Winnipeg gets. That's pretty awful.
May 21, 2023 at 1:17 p.m.
Quoting: Windjammer
That offer won't be competitive with the other offers Winnipeg gets. That's pretty awful.

Letting him walk in free agency because you want the whole farm for him would be awful lol
Caufield and Just_A_Guess liked this.
May 21, 2023 at 1:17 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Absolutely not. Especially for Kane.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
May 21, 2023 at 1:18 p.m.
Quoting: Brady135
Letting him walk in free agency because you want the whole farm for him would be awful lol

Why would the Jets do that? They'll just trade him elsewhere for some actual quality pieces instead of a pile of nothing outside the 1st.
May 21, 2023 at 1:30 p.m.
Why would the Jets do that? They'll just trade him elsewhere for some actual quality pieces instead of a pile of nothing outside the 1st.

You are such a troll, I don't know why you bother even responding to these, especially when you are the only Jets fan thinking this is a bad return. Like you are ever going to get a top 20 pick in this draft + a good roster player like Dvorak + a team's top 10 prospect who is also a center and has b2b 100+ point seasons in Jr + a 3rd that can upgrade to a 2nd for 1 year of PLD. That's like me saying we can trade Suzuki straight up for McDavid, it is so beyond preposterous that it just makes you look soooooo bad!
Just_A_Guess and Brady135 liked this.
May 22, 2023 at 12:13 a.m.
Jets decline, the jets will just trade dubois to another team for more. If you want him, it’ll cost more than that.
May 22, 2023 at 1:24 a.m.
Go Habs Go

Or Habs make this reasonable offer, Winnipeg rejects, Dubois finds out and decides to mail it in because they didn't trade him.
Now he's only worth a single 2nd and a meh prospect.
That's about as likely as this hypothetical return as a rental that involves multiple pieces of higher quality you're expecting.
May 22, 2023 at 8:11 a.m.
Edited May 22, 2023 at 12:33 p.m.
Quoting: arafay
Jets decline, the jets will just trade dubois to another team for more. If you want him, it’ll cost more than that.

If you think you’re getting Dach or the 5th overall pick, you’re dreaming. No team is going to pay more for a player that has stated he wants to test free agency next year. He’s a one year rental unless they work out a sign and trade, but even then Winnipeg has no leverage to ask for a huge return when the acquiring team can just wait a year and sign him for free. If you don’t want Dach, or the 5th overall pick, I’d be happy to hear your better proposal.
May 22, 2023 at 9:43 a.m.
Edited May 22, 2023 at 9:50 a.m.
Quoting: ricochetii
Or Habs make this reasonable offer, Winnipeg rejects, Dubois finds out and decides to mail it in because they didn't trade him.
Now he's only worth a single 2nd and a meh prospect.
That's about as likely as this hypothetical return as a rental that involves multiple pieces of higher quality you're expecting.

Lol. Exaggerating to try and make a point when you don't have one. I haven't and haven't seen many Jets fans asking for "multiple higher quality pieces".

I was replying to a Montreal fan that obviously is not very knowledgeable on the situation and believes the only two possible outcomes are, Winnipeg accepts crap for PLD from Montreal, or the Jets lose him for nothing. I just pointed out the his conclusion was wrong and unrealistic.

Myself and most jet fans have been very reasonable and really just expect one quality piece along with a 1st and decent prospect (depending on where the1st is and how good the prosoect is). It's the deals in virtually all Montreal ACGM's with Winnipeg taking back bad contracts, low picks and close to valueless or unneeded prospects that Jets fans turn down.

Montreal fan ACGM's that include reasonable deals are virtually non-existent on this site.
May 22, 2023 at 12:12 p.m.
Lol. Exaggerating to try and make a point when you don't have one. I haven't and haven't seen many Jets fans asking for "multiple higher quality pieces".

I was replying to a Montreal fan that obviously is not very knowledgeable on the situation and believes the only two possible outcomes are, Winnipeg accepts crap for PLD from Montreal, or the Jets lose him for nothing. I just pointed out the his conclusion was wrong and unrealistic.

Myself and most jet fans have been very reasonable and really just expect one quality piece along with a 1st and decent prospect (depending on where the1st is and how good the prosoect is). It's the deals in virtually all Montreal ACGM's with Winnipeg taking back bad contracts, low picks and close to valueless or unneeded prospects that Jets fans turn down.

Montreal fan ACGM's that include reasonable deals are virtually non-existent on this site.

That “crap for PLD” is what you’re going to get offered by every other team. A mid-20’s pick in a deep draft is better than a potentially later 2024 pick that contending teams would offer. Plus I’m sending a 2024 2nd or 3rd to boot. If you feel Dvorak is a cap dump, that’s a fair opinion, but again contending teams would be sending a bigger cap dump back to stay under the cap for the year. Plus if Dvorak has a bounce back year, he will be sought after at the trade deadline and potentially bring back more picks. Middle 6, defensively sound, good in the dot centermen are a hot commodity at the deadline. Riley Kidney is a good B+ prospect, two way, playmaking center. He’s had back to back 100 points seasons in the Q. He’s not trash, he has real potential. Most contending teams like Colorado, Boston or New York, don’t have the prospects like Montreal does. I’m sure if there is someone else Wpg likes outside of Dach, it can be accommodated. But asking for Dach is like asking Colorado for Newhook or New York for Chytil. It’s just not going to happen. No one is going to trade their best young NHL center who has multiple years of team control for potentially only a single year of PLD. A sign and trade may fetch a slightly better return, but again PLD is going to dictate what team it is which does not give much leverage to Winnipeg. Chevy could wait until next years deadline to trade him, but that’s not going to fetch any better of a return (Reference the Horvat Trade) Plus unless the wheels completely fall off next year, good luck explaining to your fan base why you’re trading away one of your best players in the middle of a playoff race. I fail to see how this offer is taking back bad contracts, low picks, and valueless prospects. Its not like I’ve sent Cgy’s 2025 highly conditional first plus Gallagher and Mysak for PLD.
May 22, 2023 at 2:39 p.m.
Go Habs Go

This offer wasn't "crap".
A 1st, a good prospect, and a player to offset cap that can be reclaimed or flipped later for an additional asset.
Competing offers will be a likely later 1st, a similar prospect, and a worse player for cap from a contender.
May 22, 2023 at 2:54 p.m.
Quoting: ricochetii
This offer wasn't "crap".
A 1st, a good prospect, and a player to offset cap that can be reclaimed or flipped later for an additional asset.
Competing offers will be a likely later 1st, a similar prospect, and a worse player for cap from a contender.

I don't know if the Jets could do worse. A B/C prospect and a marginal 4th liner with a really bad contract is pretty bad. Montreal obviously tried to move Dvorak before he got hurt and weren't able to, so flipping him for an additional asset won't be easy. Then couple in the fact that he is out right now with a serious knee injury requiring surgery, it drops his value right to zero. I can't see it being possible to get a roster player with less value.

If it's so easy to move Dvorak, just give the Jets the pick you think you can flip him for and then go ahead and recover that pick with the Dvorak trade. He's simply not a desirable piece for Winnipeg.
May 22, 2023 at 5:08 p.m.
If you think you’re getting Dach or the 5th overall pick, you’re dreaming. No team is going to pay more for a player that has stated he wants to test free agency next year. He’s a one year rental unless they work out a sign and trade, but even then Winnipeg has no leverage to ask for a huge return when the acquiring team can just wait a year and sign him for free. If you don’t want Dach, or the 5th overall pick, I’d be happy to hear your better proposal.

Not asking for 5 oa, but from MTL, all I want is dach. MTL doesn’t really have the pieces to entice me otherwise. Now if they can get a pick in the 10-15 range in the draft, then we can talk. Otherwise, I’m sure other teams will offer better than an slightly overpaid middle 6 player in Dvorak (and even if you don’t agree with that, at least you can agree that he is easily replaceable and doesn’t fill any sort of need for the jets), kidney (who is behind the likes of lambert, Lucius, mcgroarty, chibrikov, and rashevsky in a jets prospect depth chart), a 1st at 23 oa that isn’t going to give the jets a better prospect than they already have in their pool, and at best a 2nd next year.

Sorry, not sorry, but none of that entices Winnipeg. Other teams will put together a better package for him as a rental, since they’ll actually give something the jets even slightly want.

For example, if a deal like Dubois and wheeler to Washington for mantha and kuzy might be on the table as has been likee by Washington fans before, why would the jets fans even entertain this offer?
Windjammer liked this.
May 22, 2023 at 5:18 p.m.
Not asking for 5 oa, but from MTL, all I want is dach. MTL doesn’t really have the pieces to entice me otherwise. Now if they can get a pick in the 10-15 range in the draft, then we can talk. Otherwise, I’m sure other teams will offer better than an slightly overpaid middle 6 player in Dvorak (and even if you don’t agree with that, at least you can agree that he is easily replaceable and doesn’t fill any sort of need for the jets), kidney (who is behind the likes of lambert, Lucius, mcgroarty, chibrikov, and rashevsky in a jets prospect depth chart), a 1st at 23 oa that isn’t going to give the jets a better prospect than they already have in their pool, and at best a 2nd next year.

Sorry, not sorry, but none of that entices Winnipeg. Other teams will put together a better package for him as a rental, since they’ll actually give something the jets even slightly want.

For example, if a deal like Dubois and wheeler to Washington for mantha and kuzy might be on the table as has been likee by Washington fans before, why would the jets fans even entertain this offer?

I agree completely. If it is a late 1st, then there needs to be either an impactful roster player or prospect attached to it. Does that mean a top sixer? No, but it would be a top 9 roster player that fills a need for the Jets or a prospect with similar upside.

It's not going to be a late 1st, a seriously injured overpaid 4th liner and a prospect that does nothing for the Jets. Trades just don't work like that.
arafay liked this.
May 22, 2023 at 7:31 p.m.

I agree completely. If it is a late 1st, then there needs to be either an impactful roster player or prospect attached to it. Does that mean a top sixer? No, but it would be a top 9 roster player that fills a need for the Jets or a prospect with similar upside.

It's not going to be a late 1st, a seriously injured overpaid 4th liner and a prospect that does nothing for the Jets. Trades just don't work like that.

Hope you guys get what you want. But it will be tough when Dubois and the acquiring team hold all the cards when it comes to negotiating a trade. Based on previous trades, ei Horvat, Reinhart, Fiala, even Duchene x2 five years ago, the return for a player of that caliber with expiring team control is a roster player, prospect and 1st round pick. We shall see what happens this summer. Cheers lads
May 22, 2023 at 7:41 p.m.
Hope you guys get what you want. But it will be tough when Dubois and the acquiring team hold all the cards when it comes to negotiating a trade. Based on previous trades, ei Horvat, Reinhart, Fiala, even Duchene x2 five years ago, the return for a player of that caliber with expiring team control is a roster player, prospect and 1st round pick. We shall see what happens this summer. Cheers lads

we aren’t arguing about the comparables mate. Let’s take horvat for example since he’s the closest comparable. Beauvillier>Dvorak (and someone the jets might actually want), raty>>kidney, NYI 1st > NYR 1st.

Sorry, but you’re offering Less than the comparable you quote. Just because the jets have less leverage, doesn’t mean they will get less than the market dictates. Sorry mate, but this ain’t it.
Windjammer liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll