UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$2,000,000
5$6,250,000
4$5,250,000
3$3,000,000
3$2,750,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Konecny, Travis ($2,750,000 retained)
  2. 2024 1st round pick (FLA)
  3. 2025 1st round pick (PHI)
TOR
  1. Vrána, Jakub ($1,312,500 retained)
STL
  1. 2023 5th round pick (TOR)
  2. 2024 3rd round pick (NYI)
  3. 2024 4th round pick (TOR)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$84,000,000$79,246,783$0$0$4,753,217
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$1,312,500$1,312,500
LW
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C
UFA - 4
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,150,000$1,150,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$856,667$856,667
RD
RFA - 2
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 21, 2023 at 9:31 p.m.
Stats Are For Losers
Quoting: mokumboi
Right, a million dollars is peanuts when somebody else is giving it to you. And Detroit was Detroit's problem. That is over now. What he did or didn't do there is irrelevant. The Blues will let this season play out with Vrana until somebody offers something they want. As of right now, he's a dirt cheap Blues scorer. Nothing else.

You sound like a guy who’s now dating a girl that cheated on her last boyfriend and expecting her to be completely different and faithful to you now. It’s still the same girl.

Vrana scored at a 40 goal pace during his entire tenure with his last team. He couldn’t stay on ice for a plethora of reasons, some of which are unknown. There is certainly a level of contentment with Vrana right now with his contract and production but he’s a UFA at the end of the year and an extension anywhere remotely similar to his current full deal would seem far-fetched. But since he’s nothing more than a cheap scorer - we shouldn’t discuss the prospect of trading him… got it.
May 21, 2023 at 9:35 p.m.
Stats Are For Losers
Quoting: Samsoc22
So you think the Flyers are completely inept and have horrible management and don’t think their new management can do the job AND you think the Flyers will somehow turn from terrible to a contender (which is more likely than not what they would need to be to convince Marner to sign a new deal) within 2 years? Everything you say is contradictory and or flawed man it makes no sense

I never said they’d become a contender. I said why not have a franchise player enter the locker room and add him to what you currently have. Adding Marner would elevate the team without question. They are still an NHL team with NHL caliber players but a roster void of legitimate star power. I’ve said nothing to contradict myself on here, my point about the Flyers being a terrible organization was directed at those offering perspective based on having a competent organization, which the Flyers are not.

Is this roster better with Konecny or with Marner? Can you answer that honestly?
May 21, 2023 at 9:43 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: IDKtbh
I never said they’d become a contender. I said why not have a franchise player enter the locker room and add him to what you currently have. Adding Marner would elevate the team without question. They are still an NHL team with NHL caliber players but a roster void of legitimate star power. I’ve said nothing to contradict myself on here, my point about the Flyers being a terrible organization was directed at those offering perspective based on having a competent organization, which the Flyers are not.

Is this roster better with Konecny or with Marner? Can you answer that honestly?

They are better with Marner if the goal is to win immediately, which they aren’t trying to do lol. If your Marner you have spent ur career in Toronto having Greta regular seasons and going to playoffs why would you re-sign with the Flyers unless they can promise that and if they are so terribly run, how will they get there in only 2 years? Like I said everything you say makes no sense for the Flyers ur just pushing something that isn’t happening then using multiple random, useless excuses that contradict ur other excuses lmao
MisstheWhalers liked this.
May 21, 2023 at 10:03 p.m.
Stats Are For Losers
Quoting: Samsoc22
They are better with Marner if the goal is to win immediately, which they aren’t trying to do lol. If your Marner you have spent ur career in Toronto having Greta regular seasons and going to playoffs why would you re-sign with the Flyers unless they can promise that and if they are so terribly run, how will they get there in only 2 years? Like I said everything you say makes no sense for the Flyers ur just pushing something that isn’t happening then using multiple random, useless excuses that contradict ur other excuses lmao

Cool.
May 21, 2023 at 10:16 p.m.
mokumboi
You sound like a guy who’s now dating a girl that cheated on her last boyfriend and expecting her to be completely different and faithful to you now. It’s still the same girl.

Vrana scored at a 40 goal pace during his entire tenure with his last team. He couldn’t stay on ice for a plethora of reasons, some of which are unknown. There is certainly a level of contentment with Vrana right now with his contract and production but he’s a UFA at the end of the year and an extension anywhere remotely similar to his current full deal would seem far-fetched. But since he’s nothing more than a cheap scorer - we shouldn’t discuss the prospect of trading him… got it.

1 - Uhhh what the sh** are you on about? And also please don't answer that question.

2 - On his last team, he did not play team hockey and he obviously ticked off management somehow. He's got a rep. We all know this. That is old news, at least to the extent that the Blues are not gonna pre-emptively assume he's gonna turn to crap and trade him for peanuts with retention. OBVIOUSLY. How is this even a question? Of course they are not doing that. They're utilizing him right now, ya know. He's is fitting in great and not ticking anyone off yet. And he produces a lot for little cap, everyone loves that stuff. And if he keeps on, this trade you propose is even more silly.

3 - At no time did I say or imply he was untouchable. In fact, I very much discussed how he could be traded two times. So did other Blues fans here. Whatever is going on in that noggin, I promise you'll feel much better if you simply stick to the things I actually say. Like: the Blues are not accepting this offer, sorry if that's a tough blow, that's just how it is, but you'll endure.
MisstheWhalers liked this.
May 21, 2023 at 10:33 p.m.
Stats Are For Losers
Quoting: mokumboi
1 - Uhhh what the sh** are you on about? And also please don't answer that question.

2 - On his last team, he did not play team hockey and he obviously ticked off management somehow. He's got a rep. We all know this. That is old news, at least to the extent that the Blues are not gonna pre-emptively assume he's gonna turn to crap and trade him for peanuts with retention. OBVIOUSLY. How is this even a question? Of course they are not doing that. They're utilizing him right now, ya know. He's is fitting in great and not ticking anyone off yet. And he produces a lot for little cap, everyone loves that stuff. And if he keeps on, this trade you propose is even more silly.

3 - At no time did I say or imply he was untouchable. In fact, I very much discussed how he could be traded two times. So did other Blues fans here. Whatever is going on in that noggin, I promise you'll feel much better if you simply stick to the things I actually say. Like: the Blues are not accepting this offer, sorry if that's a tough blow, that's just how it is, but you'll endure.

You said what Vrana did or didn’t do in Detroit is irrelevant. And it’s very relevant actually. He did the exact same thing in Detroit. Nobody knows how the situation will play out but simply ignoring the past is quite naive. But I can appreciate your optimism. I am quite fond of Jakub Vrana and might have been his biggest proponent when in Detroit (and still am), but I’m not ignorant enough to simply brush aside the past 3 seasons as if they never happened. There are factors outside of hockey that still remain question marks. It is what it is.
May 21, 2023 at 11:10 p.m.
mokumboi
You said what Vrana did or didn’t do in Detroit is irrelevant. And it’s very relevant actually. He did the exact same thing in Detroit. Nobody knows how the situation will play out but simply ignoring the past is quite naive. But I can appreciate your optimism. I am quite fond of Jakub Vrana and might have been his biggest proponent when in Detroit (and still am), but I’m not ignorant enough to simply brush aside the past 3 seasons as if they never happened. There are factors outside of hockey that still remain question marks. It is what it is.

It's not optimism at all. It's pragmatism. He is UFA, so if there's any issue he'll be traded or not re-signed. It's that simple.
May 21, 2023 at 11:22 p.m.
You’ll trade him by the deadline, so what would that look like?

Depends on how he is playing. If he is playing well it's a 2nd or more. IF he isn't then that's ok because he is cheap and is only signed for next year. There is no reason to trade him before the season starts
AC14 liked this.
May 21, 2023 at 11:56 p.m.
Quoting: Tennisman142
Depends on how he is playing. If he is playing well it's a 2nd or more. IF he isn't then that's ok because he is cheap and is only signed for next year. There is no reason to trade him before the season starts

This is my thought process. The Blues have a good number of picks. He’s providing high end production for the Blues. If he falls off or there is issues like there were in Detroit that @IDKtbh pointed at that’s fine we have depth and if he doesn’t score like he did towards the end of the year or our defense doesn’t fix themselves we probably won’t be a very good team anyways.

There’s not a lot of good reason to piece him out for 3 C tier assets when he’s providing exactly what we need and his contract is dirt cheap.

There’s definitely a universe where we stink and he’s scoring at a 40 G pace next season as the TDL nears and we move him for 1.3m for what’s very likely a first maybe even a late 1st plus. There’s also a scenario where he falls off the wagon again and he doesn’t play more than 5 games for the Blues next year and there’s no return to be gotten from him. The Blues can live with the second scenario, I’m not so sure we could go into next season though with 1.3m less cap, and lack goal scoring and look at a trade like this and be relatively ok with the outcome.

I think this proposal is predicated on there being a disconnect with the organization and them wanting to get rid of him. At this point, there’s no reason for us to think like that and a lot of reason for us to think he’s going to be a really good scorer for dirt cheap next season. Do we need to be aware that there is a possibility we can’t count on him? Sure definitely do, but the time isn’t this off-season. It’s when the issues start arising.
IDKtbh liked this.
May 22, 2023 at 1:27 a.m.
Stats Are For Losers
Quoting: AC14
This is my thought process. The Blues have a good number of picks. He’s providing high end production for the Blues. If he falls off or there is issues like there were in Detroit that IDKtbh pointed at that’s fine we have depth and if he doesn’t score like he did towards the end of the year or our defense doesn’t fix themselves we probably won’t be a very good team anyways.

There’s not a lot of good reason to piece him out for 3 C tier assets when he’s providing exactly what we need and his contract is dirt cheap.

There’s definitely a universe where we stink and he’s scoring at a 40 G pace next season as the TDL nears and we move him for 1.3m for what’s very likely a first maybe even a late 1st plus. There’s also a scenario where he falls off the wagon again and he doesn’t play more than 5 games for the Blues next year and there’s no return to be gotten from him. The Blues can live with the second scenario, I’m not so sure we could go into next season though with 1.3m less cap, and lack goal scoring and look at a trade like this and be relatively ok with the outcome.

I think this proposal is predicated on there being a disconnect with the organization and them wanting to get rid of him. At this point, there’s no reason for us to think like that and a lot of reason for us to think he’s going to be a really good scorer for dirt cheap next season. Do we need to be aware that there is a possibility we can’t count on him? Sure definitely do, but the time isn’t this off-season. It’s when the issues start arising.

Great comment, thank you. Good to see there are rational unemotional people that still exist on this planet.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll