SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Other Leagues

Is the IIHF too soft?

May 22, 2023 at 10:53 a.m.
Bedard23
I ask this question because of a hit by Adam Fantilli vs Norway at the worlds

In the latter part of the second period, the puck is in Canada’s zone when Fantilli hits Norwegian defensemen Christian Kåsastul and Kåsastul is clearly shaken up and has blood coming out of his face, which indicates he was hit somewhere in the head, but everything else about the hit was completely legal, Fantilli never left his feet and stick was on the ice and puck was with them when the contact was made

In the end Fantilli got 5 and a game misconduct, which in the nhl probably doesn’t even get a penalty in the NHL because the IIHF has different rules to hits which makes me wonder

Is the IIHF soft?
May 22, 2023 at 11:39 a.m.
Quoting: IconicHawk

In the latter part of the second period, the puck is in Canada’s zone when Fantilli hits Norwegian defensemen Christian Kåsastul and Kåsastul is clearly shaken up and has blood coming out of his face, which indicates he was hit somewhere in the head, but everything else about the hit was completely legal, Fantilli never left his feet and stick was on the ice and puck was with them when the contact was made

In the end Fantilli got 5 and a game misconduct, which in the nhl probably doesn’t even get a penalty in the NHL because the IIHF has different rules to hits which makes me wonder

Is the IIHF soft?

I think the IIHF is better penalty wise, their rules are a lot more black and white, less spaces for the refs to make judgement calls
May 22, 2023 at 11:44 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: IconicHawk

Is the IIHF soft?

"The hit was illegal, but everything else was legal. Is the IIHF soft?"

bruh
A_Habs_fan, NoVaSpartan, ARMCHAIRGMOFTHEYEAR and 1 other person liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll