C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
C
RFA - 3
$2,166,667$2,166,667
RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 5
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 23, 2023 at 11:22 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
Both of these trades would be great but they're not happening unfortunately.
Jets33 liked this.
May 23, 2023 at 11:29 a.m.
Can’t see Buffalo parting with Savoie for most guys in the nhl, right or wrong
wojme and SKWPG liked this.
May 23, 2023 at 11:30 a.m.
Future Norris guy
Buffalo isn't giving up Savoie for 2 aging players in Hellebuyck and Wheeler. Not a happening.
wojme and SKWPG liked this.
May 23, 2023 at 11:34 a.m.
The Jets aren't taking a long term cap dump back for Dubois. That's hideous for Winnipeg.

If the Jets are trading Hellebuyck, they don't need win now players, so Mittlestadt wouldn't be considered. They also wouldn't lower Helle's value by adding Wheeler to him.
May 23, 2023 at 11:44 a.m.
Jeff Gorton
Quoting: Windjammer
The Jets aren't taking a long term cap dump back for Dubois. That's hideous for Winnipeg.

If the Jets are trading Hellebuyck, they don't need win now players, so Mittlestadt wouldn't be considered. They also wouldn't lower Helle's value by adding Wheeler to him.

Its hilarious that your issue with this trade is Anderson being a cap dump and not the fact that the Habs would never trade Guhle for a 60 point 2nd line center
May 23, 2023 at 11:45 a.m.
Thats a massive overpay from the habs, zero change Ghule is dealt and especally not in a that deal. If mtl makes an offer for Dubois it would be Flroida's first and probably Harris with a lesser piece at the most.

But apparently Dubois is going to return multiple firsts/equivalents so they should probably make a deal with one of those many teams that are apparently willing to overpay.
May 23, 2023 at 11:59 a.m.
This is a joke, keep PLD and try him elsewhere. You'll get squat and we'll get our 2C in a year.
May 23, 2023 at 12:00 p.m.
Quoting: JeffGorton
Its hilarious that your issue with this trade is Anderson being a cap dump and not the fact that the Habs would never trade Guhle for a 60 point 2nd line center

It costs a 1st + minimum to dump Anderson with no bad salary coming back. And Guhle, while good, is an LHD that Winnipeg doesn't need and doesn't have the value to cover part of Anderson's cap dump compensation and return a 1C.

Decent LHD are relatively easy to find. Big 1C's aren't.
May 23, 2023 at 12:00 p.m.

idk how that guy is still around, about as insightful as a fence post.
Xavier02 liked this.
May 23, 2023 at 12:02 p.m.
SK
Nice try. As a WPG fan, LOVE IT! NO WAY MTL or BUF goes for it. If they did... make more deals with them fast.
May 23, 2023 at 12:10 p.m.
Jeff Gorton
It costs a 1st + minimum to dump Anderson with no bad salary coming back. And Guhle, while good, is an LHD that Winnipeg doesn't need and doesn't have the value to cover part of Anderson's cap dump compensation and return a 1C.

Decent LHD are relatively easy to find. Big 1C's aren't.

Theres a couoke issues with what you said

1. When is a 20+ goal scoring PWF ever a cap dump
2. Dubois isnt a 1C
3. Guhle is one of the highest potential D men in the league rn. Id be like trying to trade for Jiricek from Columbus
Xavier02 liked this.
May 23, 2023 at 12:26 p.m.
Theres a couoke issues with what you said

1. When is a 20+ goal scoring PWF ever a cap dump
2. Dubois isnt a 1C
3. Guhle is one of the highest potential D men in the league rn. Id be like trying to trade for Jiricek from Columbus

1) when he only scores 30 points and is paid like a top six player. Anderson is a cap dump, no two ways about it.

2) yes he is. Montreal fans consider Suzuki a 1C and Dubois is better in every way. Plus his stats make him a 1C.

3) lol. Okay. You like and vastly overrate your player. Don't forget we've all heard this before from Montreal fans with Domi, Scherbak, Beaulieu, Juulsen off the top of my head. Guhle is good, but isn't at the level you think he's at yet.
May 23, 2023 at 1:02 p.m.
I'm up to a point where I sincerely hope Dubois is traded elsewhere. Screw it, let him become a UFA, if he signs in MTL, fine. If not, I don't care.
Cory and Xavier02 liked this.
May 23, 2023 at 1:25 p.m.
1) when he only scores 30 points and is paid like a top six player. Anderson is a cap dump, no two ways about it.

2) yes he is. Montreal fans consider Suzuki a 1C and Dubois is better in every way. Plus his stats make him a 1C.

3) lol. Okay. You like and vastly overrate your player. Don't forget we've all heard this before from Montreal fans with Domi, Scherbak, Beaulieu, Juulsen off the top of my head. Guhle is good, but isn't at the level you think he's at yet.

1) hes paid to score goals which he is doing, at the most hes a 4.5mil player on a 5.5 mil contract with a cap thats about to go up substantially.

2) Dubois 100% taller than suzuki, thats the only things he beats him at, the rest they are pretty well even or have their own strengths/weakenesses on,

3) none of the players you listed were even remotely regarded as highly as Ghule is so no this is not a typical thing nor is it an over-evaluation nor is it only habs fans touting him as special. Ghule could end up being for the habs, even if he plateaued where he is now he has already shown he can be a top pairing dman.

So again thats a massive overpay for Dubois and they wont come class to an over like that.
Xavier02 liked this.
May 23, 2023 at 1:30 p.m.
Can I ask a serious question from all of the MTL fans? Why does everyone on here think they know what MTL will trade for Dubois? The reason I ask is TSN, The Athletic, Dreger, Lebrun have all mentioned that it would take Dach and even mentioned as of late the 5th overall pick. Now, I don't care what it turns out to be, but why does everyone on here think that they know more than the experts? I find it hilarious when people come on here and say "he will never be traded" "Dach is better than Dubois" "he's a non starter" "5th overall is not in play" These comments are so over the top ridiculous. None of us actually know anything. Now let me be clear. I am not putting anyone down and he may go for more, may be less. I have no idea what a trade for him will look like. I just want to know why everyone says no to everything, yet the experts are the ones saying this is what it will take. They also said that he would be willing to sign with a New York based team, but yet everyone dismisses that and assumes he is going to MTL when he is a free agent. When all that was said is one day I would like to wear a Canadiens jersey. Highly doubt he wants to go there now and lose for 5 years before they are good enough to compete for the cup.
Windjammer liked this.
May 23, 2023 at 1:45 p.m.
Quoting: Cory
Can I ask a serious question from all of the MTL fans? Why does everyone on here think they know what MTL will trade for Dubois? The reason I ask is TSN, The Athletic, Dreger, Lebrun have all mentioned that it would take Dach and even mentioned as of late the 5th overall pick. Now, I don't care what it turns out to be, but why does everyone on here think that they know more than the experts? I find it hilarious when people come on here and say "he will never be traded" "Dach is better than Dubois" "he's a non starter" "5th overall is not in play" These comments are so over the top ridiculous. None of us actually know anything. Now let me be clear. I am not putting anyone down and he may go for more, may be less. I have no idea what a trade for him will look like. I just want to know why everyone says no to everything, yet the experts are the ones saying this is what it will take. They also said that he would be willing to sign with a New York based team, but yet everyone dismisses that and assumes he is going to MTL when he is a free agent. When all that was said is one day I would like to wear a Canadiens jersey. Highly doubt he wants to go there now and lose for 5 years before they are good enough to compete for the cup.

not sure what you are referring to as i havent seen anything mentioning Dach as an option and the only discussion about habs moving the 5th that i have seen is that they may try and move up. That being said i have seen that a potential package would start around Florida's first and Harris, but that was back when it looked like that first would be 17th overall so probably not a viable with the 29th. I think the reason why habs fans feel confident in turning down the idea that Dach or a 5th would be in play for dubois is because we have that hughes isnt a complete idiot. Would make little since to move dach who is on a better contract and looked like he still has room to grow for a centerman who is very similar. Also, as you point out, the habs arent going to be contenders in the next few years so why move out the 5th overall pick that may very well be Michkov who could turn out to be a steal assuming he ends up making it over here in 2026. Lastly theres certainly no guarantee that Dubois signs in MTL he could get moved to a contender and decide he wants to stay and the habs miss out, which i think they are fine with given that regardless they have to wait for their core to develop more before they are reading to compete and still have other major questions to answers, especially in net.
Cory and Xavier02 liked this.
May 23, 2023 at 1:56 p.m.
Quoting: habs_need_Scoring
not sure what you are referring to as i havent seen anything mentioning Dach as an option and the only discussion about habs moving the 5th that i have seen is that they may try and move up. That being said i have seen that a potential package would start around Florida's first and Harris, but that was back when it looked like that first would be 17th overall so probably not a viable with the 29th. I think the reason why habs fans feel confident in turning down the idea that Dach or a 5th would be in play for dubois is because we have that hughes isnt a complete idiot. Would make little since to move dach who is on a better contract and looked like he still has room to grow for a centerman who is very similar. Also, as you point out, the habs arent going to be contenders in the next few years so why move out the 5th overall pick that may very well be Michkov who could turn out to be a steal assuming he ends up making it over here in 2026. Lastly theres certainly no guarantee that Dubois signs in MTL he could get moved to a contender and decide he wants to stay and the habs miss out, which i think they are fine with given that regardless they have to wait for their core to develop more before they are reading to compete and still have other major questions to answers, especially in net.

Great response. Thank you. I think you did very well with how you put this. If you follow the Athletic, you will see Lebrun posted a couple weeks ago about Dach and a package built around him is what it would take for Dubois. It was about the time he came out that Hughes and Chevy have re-engaged in talks. Shortly after the draft, Dreger came out and said that potentially the 5th overall and a high end prospect could get Dubois.
May 23, 2023 at 2:01 p.m.
Great response. Thank you. I think you did very well with how you put this. If you follow the Athletic, you will see Lebrun posted a couple weeks ago about Dach and a package built around him is what it would take for Dubois. It was about the time he came out that Hughes and Chevy have re-engaged in talks. Shortly after the draft, Dreger came out and said that potentially the 5th overall and a high end prospect could get Dubois.

Oh ok for sure missed that. Thats where i would expect the talks begin since the jets dont have any need to move him in the offseason and can hold until the deadline. I think it would be more likely for the 5th to be included than Dach but theres a lot more in play and any move for Dubois will be part of a much larger plan on Hughes' part. The Romanov-islanders deal to move up and flip the first for Dach showed that if he wants a specific player he will find a way to make it work on his terms. Personally i'm excited to see what moves are made by MTL this offseason cuz i think this is a crucial point for their rebuild.
May 23, 2023 at 3:34 p.m.
Quoting: habs_need_Scoring
Oh ok for sure missed that. Thats where i would expect the talks begin since the jets dont have any need to move him in the offseason and can hold until the deadline. I think it would be more likely for the 5th to be included than Dach but theres a lot more in play and any move for Dubois will be part of a much larger plan on Hughes' part. The Romanov-islanders deal to move up and flip the first for Dach showed that if he wants a specific player he will find a way to make it work on his terms. Personally i'm excited to see what moves are made by MTL this offseason cuz i think this is a crucial point for their rebuild.

What's the word on Price? Is he done?
May 23, 2023 at 9:49 p.m.
Prime Primeau
What's the word on Price? Is he done?

Yes
May 23, 2023 at 10:05 p.m.

1) You obviously haven't watched a single Habs game if you think Anderson's game can only be defined by points.

2) But since points are all that matters, in which world is Dubois a better player than Suzuki ? Dubois' five most frequent deployment has been with guys like Scheifele, Connor, Ehlers, Wheeler and Perfetti. You wanna know who Suzuki played with ? Caufield, when he was healthy...then you drop to guys like Hoffman, Harvey-Pinard and Ylonen. Yet Suzuki recorded 66 points to Dubois 63 points. So if Dubois stats make him a legit 1C, so does Suzuki.

3) Again...you didn't watch a single game to say that Guhle isn't years ahead of his development. If it wasn't for Matheson great performance, Guhle would already be the best defenseman on this team.
habs_need_Scoring liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll