2$2,200,000
Trades
WSH
  1. 2023 1st round pick (COL)
  2. 2025 3rd round pick (COL)
Additional Details:
1st for Kuzy at $5M, Future 3rd for Retention
COL
  1. Kuznetsov, Evgeny ($2,800,000 retained)
WPG
  1. 2023 1st round pick (COL)
  2. 2024 3rd round pick (WSH)
  3. 2025 2nd round pick (WSH)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the COL
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the COL
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$79,859,167$20,000$162,500$3,640,833

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$9,500,000$9,500,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
UFA - 5
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LW, C
RFA - 1
$5,166,667$5,166,667
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$9,200,000$9,200,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$789,167$789,167 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RW, LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
C
UFA - 2
$1,225,000$1,225,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,200,000$2,200,000
LD/RD
RFA - 3
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,250,000$5,250,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,050,000$4,050,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,100,000$1,100,000
G
UFA - 2
$825,000$825,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
LW
UFA - 1
$870,000$870,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 1, 2023 at 3:35 p.m.
Jets decline wait until the jets trade other guys to see if we even go full rebuild. Doubt ehlers is someone that gets traded let alone during the draft this year
Jun. 1, 2023 at 3:40 p.m.
SK
WPG says... not enough.
Jun. 1, 2023 at 4:27 p.m.
1st needs to be tacked onto Kuz to move him. Dude is a quitter, over 30 and of bad character.
Jun. 1, 2023 at 5:20 p.m.
Pass, would rather pay ROR $7 and keep the picks.
Jun. 2, 2023 at 9:26 a.m.
Quoting: MeetYourMakar
1st needs to be tacked onto Kuz to move him. Dude is a quitter, over 30 and of bad character.

You are off your rocker if you think the capitals have to give up a first to trade Kuzy. If they move Mantha with a third or fourth attached, there is no way in hell Kuzy gets moved with any pick attached. I think this guy has the right value. I just don't know which team is the correct fit for Kuzy
Jun. 2, 2023 at 9:35 a.m.
Quoting: Logicalicesports
You are off your rocker if you think the capitals have to give up a first to trade Kuzy. If they move Mantha with a third or fourth attached, there is no way in hell Kuzy gets moved with any pick attached. I think this guy has the right value. I just don't know which team is the correct fit for Kuzy

You're off your rocker for making up Mantha trades. I will humor you though. Mantha is a pending ufa with a cap hit of 5.7m Kuz has 2 years left with a cap his of 7.8m(5m with your alleged retention). Much easier for a team to fit a year of a bad cap hit than two. Also falls during a time they have to extent Toews, Byram, Newhook and save for Rants.
With the public issues of Kuz, he is not worth a 1st. A 3rd for a team to retain half is fair value. I also do not see a team that is the correct fit for Kuz, maybe SKA.
Jun. 2, 2023 at 9:39 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan

Doing coke in 2018 does not make you of bad character, nor does it make you a quitter. Nice of you to make up things about a guy you’ve never met though.
Jun. 2, 2023 at 9:43 a.m.
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
Doing coke in 2018 does not make you of bad character, nor does it make you a quitter. Nice of you to make up things about a guy you’ve never met though.

Gettin Samsonov(on an elc at the time) into it is of bad charcter, feed your habits in private dont ruin the youth. Be a role model and tell them "you don't want no part of this Dewie". The way he has quit on the ice makes him a quitter, I would actually be thrilled if he was a quitter of cocaine.
Jun. 2, 2023 at 9:49 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Gettin Samsonov(on an elc at the time) into it is of bad charcter, feed your habits in private dont ruin the youth. Be a role model and tell them "you don't want no part of this Dewie". The way he has quit on the ice makes him a quitter, I would actually be thrilled if he was a quitter of cocaine.

There are so many things wrong with this I have to assume you’re trolling here.
1. Getting Samsonov into what? If you mean cocaine then clearly you’re talking out of your ass, there is nothing to even insinuate that something of that nature occurred. If you mean being late to a practice, that seems far fetched to be of bad character as it never happened again, and the Russians (Kuznetsov, ovechkin, Orlov, briefly Kovalchuk) helped to get Samsonov adjusted to North America.
2. Where did he quit on the ice? At what point did he quit on his team? He struggled this year, yes, but playing bad does not equal quitting on the team. On the contrary to your claim, he’s a large part of the locker room.
3. Kuznetsov suspended once for coke use must mean he’s never quit, even though he’s never failed a drug test after that, apparently. Again, make it make sense.
Jun. 2, 2023 at 10:56 a.m.
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
There are so many things wrong with this I have to assume you’re trolling here.
1. Getting Samsonov into what? If you mean cocaine then clearly you’re talking out of your ass, there is nothing to even insinuate that something of that nature occurred. If you mean being late to a practice, that seems far fetched to be of bad character as it never happened again, and the Russians (Kuznetsov, ovechkin, Orlov, briefly Kovalchuk) helped to get Samsonov adjusted to North America.
2. Where did he quit on the ice? At what point did he quit on his team? He struggled this year, yes, but playing bad does not equal quitting on the team. On the contrary to your claim, he’s a large part of the locker room.
3. Kuznetsov suspended once for coke use must mean he’s never quit, even though he’s never failed a drug test after that, apparently. Again, make it make sense.

No troll, the way you're blind and deaf defending Kuz means we probably wont have a reasonable convo on this. one can hope tho.
They both got busted for using coke and it was not just missing a practice. you dont not qualify a young star(at the time) goalie over missing a practice. He got in trouble for braking team rules, doing drugs and obviously didnt listen. Kuz got in **** after his cup win suspension for being his running mate on nights out and doing coke. That means he is not a real leader and is just looking for people to drag down with him. Avs don't need that. As for being a quitter. Dude watch his shifts, he was always horrible defensively but now he just doesn't even try. His game fell off and he's asked for a few trades. A real character guy, plays like a pro through out and doesnt coast and pout until he gets traded.
excuse me while i make a PLD trade. /s
Jun. 2, 2023 at 11:27 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
No troll, the way you're blind and deaf defending Kuz means we probably wont have a reasonable convo on this. one can hope tho.
They both got busted for using coke and it was not just missing a practice. you dont not qualify a young star(at the time) goalie over missing a practice. He got in trouble for braking team rules, doing drugs and obviously didnt listen. Kuz got in **** after his cup win suspension for being his running mate on nights out and doing coke. That means he is not a real leader and is just looking for people to drag down with him. Avs don't need that. As for being a quitter. Dude watch his shifts, he was always horrible defensively but now he just doesn't even try. His game fell off and he's asked for a few trades. A real character guy, plays like a pro through out and doesnt coast and pout until he gets traded.
excuse me while i make a PLD trade. /s

1. Provide any sort of evidence beside your warped speculation that Samsonov and Kuznetsov were pounding coke and were suspended for such. Once again, neither have failed a drug test. All this “he runs for coke” and “he got samsonov into it” is not substantiated by a shred of tangible evidence.
2. Samsonov’s non-qualifying offer was more than a year after missing practice. It is laughably obvious that management felt he played poorly and there was a concern about his+Vanacek’s asks. It’s the same reason Vanacek was traded, performance not a far fetched claim of drug use. Also, Samsonov wasn’t even in the NHL when Washington won the cup.
3. I’d encourage you to follow your own advice and watch some of Kuznetsov’s games. I’ll use a game I was in person for as an example since it was one of his worst, the 5-2 win against the Isles. He made 3-4 dumb, dumb passes through the middle that harmed Washington, which was something he would do less frequently dating back to arriving in the US, but if you watch even those moments he doesn’t quit on the play, and had multiple moments down low in which he cut centering passes that could have resulted in Islander goals. His play this year was a mess, but that effort was far from that of a quitters.
Jun. 2, 2023 at 12:21 p.m.
You're off your rocker for making up Mantha trades. I will humor you though. Mantha is a pending ufa with a cap hit of 5.7m Kuz has 2 years left with a cap his of 7.8m(5m with your alleged retention). Much easier for a team to fit a year of a bad cap hit than two. Also falls during a time they have to extent Toews, Byram, Newhook and save for Rants.
With the public issues of Kuz, he is not worth a 1st. A 3rd for a team to retain half is fair value. I also do not see a team that is the correct fit for Kuz, maybe SKA.

Man this thread has shown that you cannot wrap your head around the idea that he is a still a great center in the league. If you want the Avs to compete for the cup next year they need a second line center behind Mack and you don't get talented ones for cheap.
Jun. 3, 2023 at 8:46 a.m.
Quoting: Logicalicesports
Man this thread has shown that you cannot wrap your head around the idea that he is a still a great center in the league. If you want the Avs to compete for the cup next year they need a second line center behind Mack and you don't get talented ones for cheap.

Im not going to waste my morning on it, but please do explain how Kuz is "still a great center in the league". Outside of his dropp off in effort and production, Avs value character highly, and Kuz failed his background check. If you make a good argument on why he is what you say, I will adjust my view.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll